Warhammer 40k general

Chaosfags shit up a thread, this is why everyone hates them edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

First for the revolution!

Chaos exists between realities, this has been true ever since Realms of Chaos. This was again confirmed with the initial daemon release.

They exist between multiple settings, the same entities showing up in Age of Sigmar, 40k and Bloodbowl.

They have the ability to travel between these settings at will, doing what they please.

Chaos is the most powerful force in the setting and, as long as it can feed off these multiple settings, can exist independently to them.

Stupid faggots who don't read the fluff and hate Chaos need to be slapped down again.
Come.

>revolution
>uses wheels
Pottery.

Really excited for Armies on Parade, I'll be finishing up my Mechanicus just in time to enter them.

Anyone ever done it before, know what it's like at the store the day of?

>Saying AoS instead of fantasy

Lazy bait.

Not him but getting triggered by AoS is so last year. Grow up already.

AoS is now more prominent than Fantasy.

AoS and fantasy is the same thing.
AoS is the continuation of 'fantasy' and has been so for over a year now, this AoS hate meme is getting old and stale.

Is this what you would rather have?

Ahh, lads. It was not that long ago I read that story where the assassin infiltrates a stealer cult with polymorphene. Loved the cults ever since.

They were so insidious... like how they perverted the image of the emperor in the local imagination to one of a four-armed hero so they would not be startled by such things and even regard them as good omens.

What's everyone's policy on painted armies?

I'm usually pretty lenient so long as there's progress from game to game, and I myself sometimes have about a quarter of my army primed only as I'm working on it. Sometimes it's too much though.

>grey cheese lists
OR
>dude in my LGS brags about having a fully painted admech/knight army when I admit that my army is still in progress
>every fucking model is just sprayed army painter purple and drenched in agrax

Fuck off, don't bring up that shit-stain in a 40k thread.
No one wants to play your shitty Warcraft clone.

>Imperium lost the STC for wheels larger than motorcycle's
>Use tracks instead for everything.
>EVERYTHING

Then don't question Chaos being multiversal.

>don't bring fantasy into 40k
>then don't question fantasy

Or you know, just stick to citing 40k stuff otherwise you end up with Westfall Universe bullshit that you KNOW doesn't fly.

Am I the only one who likes the Taurox?

40k chaos is 40k chaos, just because it's used as a concept in another game doesn't mean it's somehow linked.

They exist in entirely different canons, it's like saying SMT chaos and warhammer chaos are the same things... unless you actually believe that.

I would've like it a lot more if it was a half-track than full track, but I don't hate it.

You're free to like it, it just does have some seriously weird decisions. Like guns that will shoot right where you exit the damn thing, and settling with some really odd double track setup rather than a half-track or full track setup that would likely look a lot more reasonable.

I tend to build towards a finished army before I unveil anything of it at the game shop. The idea of half my army being "done" and the other half being empty bases or the Grey Legion triggers me.

If somebody fielding the United Grays against my stuff wants to play a game though, I couldn't possibly care less. To each their own. Except the group you mentioned, which I'd lump into one,

>grey cheese lists
>airbrush/spray 1-2 color "finished" army

REEEEEEEE-

in age of sigmar slaanesh was replaced by a rat, after he/she/it hid itself away in a cave and got molested by elves

by your own argument chaos is not eternal because we have a god canonically missing in the setting your using as the basis of your argument that chaos is eternal

so either chaos is multiversal, in which case 2 elves, a cave and zero fucks is all that it takes to defeat a chaos god

or chaos is not multiversal in which case it will end when the universe does

There are instances where fantasy crossed into 40K and vice versa.

We did. The Liver Chaotica is both a fantasy and 40K source where a lot of crossover happened between both settings.

They are both separate universes within the same multiverse.

Reminder that Draigo appeared in some WHFB lore in which some elves were raiding nurgle's mansion.
>i-it wasn't confirmed as Draigo
How many immortal knights in silver armour are there wandering about in nurgle's realm?

>40k chaos is 40k chaos, just because it's used as a concept in another game doesn't mean it's somehow linked.

But they are linked.
Linked in Realm of Chaos, Libre Chaotica, Daemon Release. Chaos is the same entities in Fantasy Universe or 40k Universe.

see

What if... latest fluff comes out and Slaanesh is missing?

Like, Eldrad fucking up the infinity circuit but now Slaanesh is mysteriously missing and they are free of their curse.
What would the Eldar do then?
Throw a big party for Eldrad?
Be really pissed off about their circuit?

i like nicely painted armies but my own is in a constant state of painting and with classes/work i don't have time to paint them or play

the only thing i hate is terribly painted minis cause i love to talk about painting but i'll play just about anyone

Not him.
You have one strike now being being misinformed. Slaanesh wasn't replaced. He just went missing from his throne. His realm and daemons still exist and his return is hinted it in the ongoing AoS storyline.

And the two Elves were both Gods and they managed to kidnap Slaanesh because she was crippled and because Khorne and Tzeentch helped.

Due to the time being not linear in the Warp, this event might happened in the future, the past, or it didn;t even happen at all!

>How many immortal knights in silver armour are there wandering about in nurgle's realm?
Dragio isn't immortal, it couldn't have been him.

Besides that, WHFB mentions a silver knight and you instantly assume it's a 40k character? What?

see

>by your own argument chaos is not eternal because we have a god canonically missing in the setting

Missing does not mean not eternal though. Chaos is free to act or not act at certain times all it wants. Slaanesh is currently not acting in a major way in AoS doesn't mean there is no Slaanesh.

>so either chaos is multiversal, in which case 2 elves, a cave and zero fucks is all that it takes to defeat a chaos god

Those Elfs were actually Gods, and both Khorne and Tzeentch were involved.

>or chaos is not multiversal in which case it will end when the universe does

Chaos is multiversal, and even were it not it is not bound by linear time, so should the 440k universe end it would still exist as it does not end.

>They are both separate universes within the same multiverse.
*within the same franchise

Just because same the authors wrote both it doesn't mean they're the same story.

see

>AoS and fantasy is the same thing.

And a non-troll who believed that would call it fantasy, because it's the fantasy setting in either incarnation.

>strike
You sound fucking idiotic

My headcanon is that the different settings are all sequential, not parallel. Of course, I'm not totally up-to-date on AoS fluff, and I admit it's just a headcanon, I don't expect anybody to agree with me.

There is no Slaanesh in AoS, but there is one in 40k.
You cannot get around this.

Need help Veeky Forums, my heart was always with IG, but brain chosen Necrons.

Now i am consider even selling borecrons (damn boring army - no customization, interesting tactics, mechanics etc) to start full scale IG army - maybe sharing tanks with GCult to have even more choice.

How fucked i am?

I dont want:
- marines allies (no fucking combos for invuls, libras etc.)
- Knights
- flyers
- forgeworld (too expensive)

Otherwise i want effective ermy as i play in tournaments (with very friendly meta - usually only CADs allowed).

I want that mofo Baneblade even if its worse than IK.

Need some help:

1. Is the pic related set worth (i can get it cheaper from my store)? I dont want flyer, but other units looks great... Not sure about those chickens walkers

2. I rly like the idea of master of ordnance. What gear he needs? He is not mentioned in any set, just vox caster? what is the cheapest way to get priests, psykers, enginseers etc? I dont see them in sets

3. I see most of heavy/tank weapons as blasts horde-killers etc. How can IG deal with things like Wraithknights or Imperial Knigts?

>Like guns that will shoot right where you exit the damn thing
To be fair there's some lore bullshit reason where only the rear exit is to be used in a combat situation, the side doors merely providing an easier way to initially pack into the thing before riding out over the battlefield. However it's still dumb because why not just move the guns and have all doors usable.

>There is no Slaanesh in AoS

There is.
That was easy.

>Dragio isn't immortal, it couldn't have been him.

M'kar cursed him to wander the Realm of Chaos for 10K years. He cannot wander if he is dead.

Also the Elves met a giant silvered knight that shot things from his hands.

Also in the short story Draigo saw a world whose description fit the WHFB Old World.

Also see

>Only a troll would call it by it's correct and most recent name because I hate it and it's shit!
>WAAAHHHHH I WANT THE OLD WORLD BACK!
Yeah, ok kid.

**within the same multiverse

Liver Chaotica proves this as well as other things.

No, there is not.
Try harder.

Last thread yielded no results. Anyone ever encounterd krootoxes? Anyone ever used them? What happened?

ok first

>you have one strike

lol

second

are you legitimately retarded

asuryan is the god of both the high elves and the eldar

khaine is also present in both universes and these gods where killed in both universes.

read a book

the revelations above will force me to reevaluate my position it is likely that chaos is multiversal, however chaos is not the only beings who are capable of stepping to different universes, the old ones did it when they made the realms of fantasy, kaldor "warpdust" draigo did it in the end times and asuryan and khaine seem to have done it at some point.

the horned rat is also a chaos god offically now, he was elevated to the pantheon. yet he isn't present in 40k.

why do you think this is?

because he's irrelevant there

just like slaanesh is irrelevant in age of sigmar

I own the Grand Alliance Chaos book and it has a Slaanesh section with Slaanesh lore and rules.

Slaanesh enjoys your sucking dick this hard.

But there is.
AoS covers a period where Slaanesh has vanished, but not that there is no Slaanesh.
The power of Slaanesh is still felt.

>M'kar cursed him to wander the Realm of Chaos for 10K years.
>exactly 10,000 years
immortal
Jˈmɔːt(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: immortal
living forever; never dying or decaying.

>Also the Elves met a giant silvered knight that shot things from his hands.
Like every single wizard and daemon can do?

>Also in the short story Draigo saw a world whose description fit the WHFB Old World.
And a million imperial feudal worlds I bet.

Try again.

I've not collected 40k for about 5 years so I have a few questions (sorry):
>with AoS out, is 40k still particularly popular?
>which armies are currently fuckin trash?

thank

The phrase age of Sigmar only refers specifically to the post end of the setting setting, and to the years when Sigmar was alive as a mortal because unnecessary duplication.

Since you might overlook my post... I have my copy of Codex: genestealer cults - and you niggers lied to me. THERE ARE NO HUMAN CULTISTS WHATSOEVER!!! Not even in formations! Not a single, fucking, one! The only way to get some humans is to get allies from IG - and they are Allies of Convenience (along with Tyranids, lol; the rest is Come The Apocalypse, Chaos Marines included, trololo). RAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEE!!

>I own the Grand Alliance Chaos book and it has a Slaanesh section with Slaanesh lore and rules.
Wow, you should try reading it sometime!

There is no Slaanesh currently, the power of AoS's version of the warp is felt.
There is a Slaanesh in 40k.

>asuryan is the god of both the high elves and the eldar
>khaine is also present in both universes and these gods where killed in both universes.

Asuryan of Fantasy is not confirmed as Asuryan of 40k, same with Khaine. The Chaos Gods though are.

>however chaos is not the only beings who are capable of stepping to different universes

No one ever said they were. Just that Chaos is multiversal and you people began throwing a bitch fit. Strap on your big boy pants and say sorry for being a dopey cunt.

>Age of fuckawful shit clickbait bullshit post a half hour long genecult video before real leakers who'd just give us the fucking info in a straightforward manner could

Be right back, going to devour the sun and cast the world into the cold oblivion of eternity.

Strike two. For lies.

>asuryan is the god of both the high elves and the eldar

Asuryan of fantasy =/= Asuryan of 40K.

Both have different origins. Same with all the elf and Eldar gods.

The Old ones in fantasy are not the same ones in 40K. For example, it's said that in fantasy that that Chaos is far older than the Old Ones and that they stole their power from the Chaos gods.

>just like slaanesh is irrelevant in age of sigmar

Wrong.

Slaanesh is an important part of the AoS storyline.

In the lore maybe but Age of Sigmar is the new brand name of 'warhammer fantasy'.
It's what it will be called if you go in to a games workshop store and it is what it will be sold to you as.

>There is no Slaanesh currently

There is, his position is simply unknown.
Just because you don't know where I am doesn't mean I don't exist.

Fully painted and based armies only. I don't care what others do since unpainted armies are an unfortunate reality in this hobby, but the most enjoyable games are always between two fully painted armies on a nice table with fully painted terrain.

Lame, but I guess workable.

Why the fuck are chimeras, sentinels and russes in the cult book then, though?

firs

t>strike two for lies

holy shit

secondly

show me where on this pantheon symbol slaanesh is

thats a sodding lie, if slaanesh's power where felt then greater daemons would not be fighting among one another over who gets to be the new slaanesh

>Wow, you should try reading it sometime!

I did. Point me where it says there is no Slaanesh. It specifically states that the power of Slaanesh still flows and that he will return someday.

Putting together a list for a possible Orks army I wanna buy. I'm trying to supplement it with some anti-air/distraction stuff.

Lead with Zhardsnark in a big deathstar of bikers. Multiple small units of bikers (6 bikers each), each with a Nob Biker and a Klaw. Hopefully getting enough on the board that I can hit multi-charges and thus not all of my Nobz are killed in individual challenges.

But, in case this IS a factor, I need some more anti-tank. With Zhardsnark, you get no Big Gunz. I could argue "lol it doesn't refer to 'Mek Gunz'" or take a detachment with Mek Gunz, but that seems like shitty rule-jockeying.

So, I'm thinking trukks with Tankbustas, or plop down some Trukks with Manz as a big, attractive target to distract the other player and give my bikers room to manuever.

>thats a sodding lie, if slaanesh's power where felt then greater daemons would not be fighting among

Are you an idiot? Daemons are part of Slaanesh's power. That they exist is proof positive of Slaanesh.
Even mortal Champions can still receive blessings from Slaanesh.

Could you post a link or clarify please?I don't understand what you mean

Strike three you are OUT.

>show me where on this pantheon symbol slaanesh is

In the Grand Alliance book, where it's says that Slaanesh power is still flows and that is still a power among the forces of Chaos. Archaon for example still honours Slaanesh.

>greater daemons would not be fighting among one another over who gets to be the new slaanesh

Where do you think they get their powers from? They get it from Slaanesh.

Only one sub-faction is trying to take Slaanesh's throne. The other factions are looking for Slaanesh or just partying with no care.

Slaanesh is gone, removed from the pantheon.
You can't just "misplace" something connected to all life, Slaanesh is gone.

The power of Slaanesh but not Slaanesh itself.

If you died suddenly your computer would still be turned on, it doesn't mean you're still here, shitposting.

No, Slaanesh is missing.
Slaanesh's power however is still felt.
Slaanesh is not gone.

>You can't just "misplace" something connected to all life

Says you, meanwhile fluff says you can.

AoS had no effect on 40k's popularity.

Chaos Space Marines (but not Daemons and Khorne Daemonkin), Orks, and Tyranids are the worst armies.

>You can't just "misplace" something connected to all life, Slaanesh is gone.

Wrong.

Slaanesh, Khorne, Tzeentch, and Nurgle are not the beings sitting on the thrones. These are just the avatars.

The Chaos Gods ARE their realms. Every piece of it, every grain of crystal sand and boiling blood is the Chaos Gods.

|The Realm of Slaanesh still exists within the Realm of Chaos and its power can still be felt. It's just that the avatar aka the intelligence that guides it, has gone missing.

They aren't even addressed as daemons, they're Hosts of Slaanesh and most of them are backing fucking Archaon or trying to angle to be the New Coke of demonic debauchery. Git real

>The power of Slaanesh but not Slaanesh itself.

The two are inseparable.

Damn people the thread's only 70 posts in and we've already gotten into a skub fight

Goliath Truck variant confirmed open-topped, 50 pts, front armor is 1 lower than the rockgrinder (so 11/10/10).

There's a guy with the codex right now feeding me info, will report with more.

quote the whole sentence please

>if slaaneshes power where felt then greater daemons would not be fighting among themselves over who gets to be the new slaanesh

slaanesh has gotten to the point where he can no longer control the pieces of himself he broke off and gave a mind of their own

he's vanished completely and can't be found and his servants are running around like headless chickens while their realms are claimed by the other gods

if slaanesh still exists after the aelves knocked the souls out of him then he's a god in the same way that Isha is a god in 40k

technically true but completely irrelevant right now

>Strike three you are OUT

this fucking guy

>They aren't even addressed as daemons

But they are.

>quote the whole sentence please
I said OUT.

See

They are still called Daemons of Slaanesh.

Apparently not considering Slaanesh is "missing"

>It's an "everyone argues with the autistic chaosfag who can't enjoy himself if his army of choice isn't the most powerful in the setting because that's all he has" episode
Goddamn reruns.

Can you faggots stop arguing about faggy chaos daemon shit that no one cares about, you're drowning the gcult leaks.

AoS fluff says Slaanesh's realm has been taken over by the other gods.

Slaanesh is dead.

Sorry that Chaos is fluffwise the bestest faction. Wait...I am not.

>slaanesh has gotten to the point where he can no longer control the pieces of himself

Daemons often go renegade.
Slaanesh is missing but his power is still there.

>technically true but completely irrelevant right now

Again no. His power is still there, his daemons are still there, his realm is still there, his Champions still receive blessings.

Yes, Slaanesh is missing, that doesn't mean Slaanesh doesn't exist, that's what I've been telling you all along.

>using baseball euphemisms
>actually liking baseball

Red card.

How about we change the subject then?

Would you like to talk about Dark Eldar, considering you posted a picture of them or would you just like to be a contrarian crybaby?

My favourite army is not Chaos.
I just don't understand why people attack Chaos for being the most powerful.
Are they jealous?
Why?

Dumbass, I own all the AoS books.

It just says that the gods used this disappearance to grab chunks from Slaanesh's Realm. The Realm still exists but it's smaller than it was.

And Slaanesh is still alright, When he return he will take those stolen pieces and more.

The russ, is it just the basic battle canon version or are other variants an option.

That's football you dummy.

Em, I guess I should also say that armericans like to call it "soccer" so no one gets confused.

this is a fucking autistic waste of time

lets talk about dark eldar instead like this guy said

Because neophytes can actually get chimera transport and they, overall, have different point values and have different set of weapons and cult wargear options. If I remember correctly, AoC cannon get into allies' transports.

On the other hand, elite purestrains are motherfucking incredible. Rendings, Fleet, Cult Ambush, Infiltrate, MtC, Return to the Shadows, Stealth, can take scything taloons AND:
1. fucking 5 inv. save
2. 3 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) attacks!
Amazing. Orks are, like, fags compared to them.

>should we fix the system?
>no, let's keep churning out poorly written and insanely overpriced subfactions to bilk the customers for all we can before we squat half of their collections with Age of Eighth Edition next year

Gene stealer shit is only mildly less faggy than the current shitfest

I'm sick of GWs random new shitty mini ranges. Either make a real full new faction or work on improving the existing ones and game balance. Leave this kind of shit to FW

No, you can't. You were sent out.

Get out now and stay out until the next thread.

Sorry friendo but Slaanesh is dead. His daemons are trying to run the show in his absence but they're apparently failing and let his realm get taken over.

Nope,

hell check the generals handbook or any fucking rule book that concerns them for that matter. Sure they got daemonettes, but you have Daemons of Nurgle, Daemons of Khorne, Daemons of Tzeentch and HOSTS of Slaanesh.