New thread starter, HERETIC

New thread starter, HERETIC.

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame. Not Chapter Master. Or Space Hulk.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things formerly listed individually on this post.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.45.160417), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now containing some of the DH2 content up to the first supplement.
mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Fear and Loathing (Ver 1.5.2) and The Fringe is Yours (Ver 1.6.0), Veeky Forums made Rogue Trader homebrew supplements for playable xenos, Knights, Horus Heresy gear, and other things. Now found in the Homebrew Megafolder.

Additional Resources:
Now found in the Homebrew Megafolder.

Old Thread:
How often does your party burn fate?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/dmylf4f40eslea9
mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x
mediafire.com/download/5lqt5r2wel6w25q
mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg
mega.nz/#F!CVx0iSjZ!EixzbPkmsoIaHWYG0M1Yzg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We've played approximately 14 sessions up to now.

In the first session a player burned Fate to avoid falling in a bottomless chasm, narrowly falling onto a ledge and breaking half his teeth. He replaced them with platinum afterwards.

Later, another burned Fate when the Psyker stunned him because of Perils of the Warp, leaving him wide open to a full auto-pistol volley from a cultist.

Lastly, another player fell from a great height while climbing under enemy fire. She now has chronic back pain and a fear of heights.

Mars Needs Women! Rampage of the Nerds! (V1.1.9)
mediafire.com/download/dmylf4f40eslea9

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4)
mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! Relax! Have Fun With It! (V1.7.15)
mediafire.com/download/5lqt5r2wel6w25q

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

Also, for the user that asked about our groups old that guy.
He is the guy that was mentioned before that, due to GM mistake, rolled a nat 100 Warp Made Manifest mutant at chargen. And he kept it.
>that was his first character, and if you want to know his fate, I believe it's in the last thread.
His next character was a Heretek Sage that was tolerable until the player's desire to attention hog became to great and derailed the entire game, being captured by the cul we were investigating, having our names and identities pulled from him in the most 10 minutes (it was only 10 because I went outside to smoke a cigar with another player) of rp I have ever seen from a player, then we had to force an assault that went tits up (of course), skipping a whole lot. The part that matters is that he basically declared himself a heretek in front of our sage/team medic/team mom AND a fucking tech adept. Team mom promptly told the warband whilst we were recuperating (and the heretek had been dosed with obscura to shut him the fuck up because he was also blind, having had both his eyes plucked out, and couldn't talk because he was shot in the mouth at point blank range), and the guardsman in the party sold him out to the admech, literally.
His last pc was a... well, I can't remember, and it doesn't matter, he lasted 3 sessions. He wanted to play a jedi mockup, and the gm gave him allowance, even creating an "order" and allowing him to be a sanctioned psyker outside astra telepathica for xp. He was calm, reserved and all that jedi shit for a few games, then he sperged out because the sororitas wanted to destroy the warp tainted staff the mutant had left at our base, and he wanted to keep it.
It caused such a kerfluffle, and the ensuing nonsense afterwards, that he was voted out of the group entirely.

>God Emperor? I suppose you also believe in Dark Eldar and Daemons coming to get you in the night.

Please, someone make a Tech-Priest version or something.

>Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.
Why?

Immensely more flexible when it comes to character creation and possible ideas, mechanics are the end product of FFGs 10 years of experience with the system, includes most of the updated rules and equipment spread across the what, 12 DH1e books on top of being back end friendly to all other editions, rules themselves support the idea that you are agents of the most feared organization in the galaxy that aren't the Harlequins, not bumblefucks that happen to have a new job.

You know, I'm bothered by the systematic posting of this. Maybe the majority agree on this issue but Veeky Forums isn't a hivemind and I'm sure some people will have valid reasons to choose DH1 over DH2.

>not bumblefucks that happen to have a new job.
This is where you lost me. I really like the sound of being a bumblefuck though.

>Immensely more flexible when it comes to character creation and possible ideas,
I heard they come out samey and ill defined and that it ended up being more restrictive, not less. But that wasn't on this site. It was a thread I read elsewhere. It's pretty damn hard to make this decision when both sides say the other is wrong about absolutely everything. Based on the rule book alone, I kind of like the "feel" of DH1 more but not having played it's admittedly not a very well reasoned decision.

>that you are agents of the most feared organization in the galaxy
You can play as Necrons or Tyranids now?

Our tank commander tried started yelling out to charge on open comms to the entire region. Orks heard that people were coming and now I don't have an arm or a tank left. Good thing is, the company commander gave me a commission to command my own tank and a prosthetic. Bad news is, intel says that because of the incompetence of my previous commander, I'm to engage with another ork tank kompany of some sort that is running with deff koptas.

Die well, I guess...

I'm not sure how it can be more restrictive when 1e limited your options to what was on your advancement lists when 2e has 'pick whatever you can afford'.

The complaint was that it was hard to implement a given character idea because the options were too open and vague

Why, user?
Literally no other game, not even OW, has you start off as incompetent even in your chosen skill set as DH1e, and that is because I have every confidence that Black Library was using 3.x as a framework of a "successful" pnp game.
Why? Because they like full auto being the be all, end all option in combat? Chargen characters who have at max at 40% chance to succeed at any test unless they are a psyker or techpriest, actively punishes you for being anything outside your "job class" despite the point being you have left the life you had behind to be an Inquisition agent?
The lore is good, but that isn't system specific.
>I heard they come out samey and ill defined and that it ended up being more restrictive, not less
The only reason that can happen is because some of the choices for chargen aren't used often. You don't see people using Exorcised or Mutant unless it fits, and Seeker, Assassin, Warrior are extremely good at what they do.
DH1e tried to capture the progression of characters as though they were still a part of the organizations they came from, arbites became better arbites, guardsmen became officers. But I believe, and it shows I think, that the decision was based not on what was best for the game they were creating, but what was popular game design of the time.
Those are factions, not organizations, user.
A necron faction would be the Destroyer or Flayed cults, neither being well known outside Necrons.
Please, think before you post, make Veeky Forums a better board, not worse.
Ambush the deff koptas.
>too open and vague
Only if you have no imagination or knowledge of the setting.

I love cosmetic consequences like that. Like mechanically they mean nothing but they're nice touches for role playing

>Why, user?

>literally no other game, not even OW, has you start off as incompetent even in your chosen skill set as DH1e,
That would be why.

>Please, think before you post, make Veeky Forums a better board, not worse.
Autistic pedantry over a simple joke is what the board needs, for sure.

Then you could quickly suss that being incompetent at chargen is NOT the stated intent of the game, because why does the Inquisition need useless people?

>people
>valuable in the Imperium

Maybe they really like fully automatic weapons, yes. Or maybe, as
said, some people really do like the idea of playing an actual "nobody" before becoming a "somebody".

You've pretty much convinced me that DH1 is for me. I'm bored of power fantasy and I'm pretty sure my tastes are totally different from yours from what I've seen you post.

>said, some people really do like the idea of playing an actual "nobody" before becoming a "somebody".
Exactly.

>You can play as Necrons or Tyranids now?

I know you're shitposting but playable Necrons are in Fear and Loathing.

someone asked for the Dark heresy beta pdf. I do have it, it is a 26 MB file. where shall I upload it to make available ?

Do either of you really understand what is a somebody in 40k, or the fact that you are agents of the secret police?
A person who is somebody in 40k can walk into the planetary governor's household, tell him to jump, and he asks how high. It is not someone who can expect to pass a basic check 40% of the time if it is the least bit challenging to their skills.
You are confusing "I am good enough at what I do to face the biggest threats of the galaxy (that will kill me)" with "I can walk all over everything because the game says I can", and I think it says more about you lack of knowledge of the setting than anything else.
You are a regular human in a setting that mulches humans by the bakers dozen every second. Exactly who do you think you are to buck the trend?

Toss it on mega.nz, call it a day.

You're just further convincing me that DH1 is better for me. I don't really like your reasoning at all and don't want to play a game you think is good going by your posts.

Well, you can see for yourself why people recommend 2e over the older edition. Straight up, no one in these threads advocates for 1e unless it's houseruled, and just as many use 2e mechanics in the 1e's Askellon setting.
What is your knowledge of the setting and game experience?

Really, the main things 1e has over 2e are included setting and the sheer amount of equipment splats, both of which can be ported over with some fangling.

You're really not convincing anyone here, and calling us out on our supposed "lack of knowledge of the setting" just shows you have nothing to contribute here.

My players' characters have deftly risen up to the challenge of surviving this brutal universe, despite their "40%" chance of success, through quick wits, critical thinking and intelligent use of tactics.

Requesting the squatted original Beta for Dark Heresy Second Edition. For research.

an upload on mega is goin on, good lad.

>my personal situations do not apply to the objective mathematical base of the game
Is this a 3.pf thread, now?
What you said applies to literally every game in the franchise because, amazingly, being capable != the game being easy or a "power fantasy". Even DW characters can, and will, be challenged, but that falls on the gm, not the system. If you need your pcs to be weak in order to challenge them or have them exercise "quick wits, critical thinking and intelligent use of tactics", then I posit that you, the gm, are the problem, and the players are simply doing what players in any game would do.

If nonbelievers are rewarded with a quick execution, what happens to faggots and other degenerates in IoM?

A slower execution.

here the link, hopping it is working, first time I'm using Mega.

mega:///#fm/rURVCTYJ

You need to include the decryption key.

>he doesn't try to get contextual modifiers to turn basic challenges to easy ones

Does the Imperium even have an official stance on weird sex, as long as we're not talking Slaaneshi rites?

where I need to put it ? really sorry for the newbie question, needs to lurk more, and all that...

Emperor's Justice comes in a pinch.
Being flayed, disemboweled, drawn, quartered, immolated, all while alive is preferred.

>then I posit that you, the gm, are the problem, and the players are simply doing what players in any game would do.
I'm a player. I like feeling insignificant and lost.

I would think faggotry and other degeneracy would be considered Slaaneshi rites.

This is the book repository link in the op
>mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg
You're missing
>!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg
Except don't put this one, use the one mega generated for your link.

The Imperium, as an institution, does not give a single fuck about your genitals or which genitals you interact them with or how. As long as you obey the Adepta, pay your tithe, and are a productive citizen of a productive world, the Imperium does not give a shit about you.

However. Individuals within that institution, or the cultures of specific worlds, might. A particular Ministorum priest might advocate that all homosexuals be put to the pyre. Or a different one might claim that sex between an adult teacher and his teenage boy student is the purest form of love short of the Emperor himself. A world might have any or no policy about that sort of thing. An Inquisitor might see BDSM as evidence of Slaanesh worship. In short, it varies.

alright.
mega:///#fm/rURVCTYJwOx7xfE-eBJbdcX4rLAEWg
then. let's see if it works then.

Assuming they can be had, and ignoring how the general bonus is +10 for gear and +10 for a possible situational bonus that may not exist.
Then OW and DH2e do that just fine. Your duty is to take on monstrous, inhuman threats, possibly, usually with no support outside your squad, with no more information than what you have gained yourselves and a light briefing. I am asking what your knowledge of 40k is because you don't seem to know, for example, that running into almost any xeno in the game in combat is a lethal affair, much less forces of Chaos. You can be good, they will be better, and if you are alone, you are as good as dead, and since they aren't orks, they can be just as subtle and stealthy as they desire to be.

Homosexuality is unnatural, and anything unnatural is an affront to the Emperor and must be quickly dealt with.

Ignore , listen to .
It is up to individual worlds and cultures.

>An Inquisitor might see BDSM as evidence of Slaanesh worship.
Eisenhorn books said that the line between "esoteric" sexual interests, and heresy, is really blurred and undefined.

>Homosexuality is unnatural,
So is filling yourself with bionics and replacing half your brain with a computer. And guess what, an entire Adepta does it as religious doctrine.

Dont think so. Imperium, despite looking catholic and fascist, has different morality altogether than its aesthetic inspiration. Lot of things would depend on the world in question, but for the greater Imperium, most of things we consider taboos, or just unacceptable in conservative society, is not worth caring. Worshiping Slaanesh is slightly more complex.

Servitor/Mind-cleansed concubines of both sexes for example, are totally legit, if I remember the Ascension adventure correctly. Also good place for plasma-grenade booby traps.

Improving oneself has always been a core part of Humanity.

So has fucking everything that stands still long enough.

Not the same gender though.

Go back to /pol. Imperium does not care.

You're still fucking it up.

Right click on the folder/file and under get link/update link, do pic. Copy and paste into reply the link it gives.

>I am asking what your knowledge of 40k is
I've been into the setting off and on for about a decade. If DH2 is for pompous autistic internet dudes though, I'm going to avoid it.

>Homosexuality is unnatural,
So is homosexuality in rats a social construct then?

>Worshiping Slaanesh is slightly more complex.
Yeah. A shame Slaanesh gets boiled down to "lol sex" so often. He's more about obsession than anything. Sex is a big way to hit excess, of course, but still.

No species has been found in which homosexual behaviour has not been shown to exist, with the exception of species that never have sex at all, such as sea urchins and aphis. Moreover, a part of the animal kingdom is hermaphroditic, truly bisexual. For them, homosexuality is not an issue.[26]

Nice meme.

Well, we are on tg, arent we. DH2 is the most streamlined of all 40k systems. Some people hate it, but being most flexible, you can edit it to your taste. I liked it more than the first 40kRPGs (careers were not that cool, too much DnDish) Check it out from the mega.

>quoting something that agrees with me like it's a refutation
Mein Fuhrer...

sorry user. let's hope this time is the good one.

mega.nz/#F!CVx0iSjZ!EixzbPkmsoIaHWYG0M1Yzg

It goes on to point out that it can all be attributed to other factors such as domination.

Congrats, it works.

So? It's still male on male.

It's not about sexuality, though. Being homosexual is still an aberration.

Moreover, there are no species that have sex with only their own gender.

I apologize if I'm not being sensitive enough for your asshole, but I'm tired of people championing poorly made games (especially based on the 3.x mold) as though they have value compared to games made with some sense.
Because guess what? Anyone who is a psyker or techpriest in 1e is going to roll everything, by rote, in the game from around 4k xp on, unless they make a character by throwing darts at a board.
But that's ok, because some guy on the internet makes decisions for you, and being contrarian is the new black.

Original requisitionist here. Thank you very much user, many players tears shall be shed thanks to your contribution.

>sex is not about sexuality

you're welcome. and you shall thank more the poor user(s) who had to help get the download on working order.

I swear this sounds familiar. I'm pretty sure that guy was posting in these same threads about his character(s).

>But that's ok, because some guy on the internet makes decisions for you,
>NOW DO WHAT I SAY

One of my player on my Deathwatch table is tired of being a dump Space Marine. I offered him to play a disguised Chaos Space Marine, but it doesn't makes lot of sense.
How could I entertain him but staying lore-respectful ?

>homosexuals are rats
Damn, /pol/ WAS right!

Playing Chapter on the edge, such as Marines Malevolent or Relictors or being a Blackshield?

What does "dump" means in this case? Maybe he just need an intresting Chapter.

Speaking of which, although I personally like the idea of Influence tests, my players don't like not having a concrete number to determine how much stuff they have. This appears to be the main sticking point keeping them from breaking out of 5E D&D. I'm willing to do the work to convert DH2E equipment to prices to help them transition, but has anyone already done this to save me some work?

Also, are there any general rules or guidelines to convert the wealth of setting equipment in DH1E into DH2E rules, or should I do what feels best?

Do what you feel best, lot of stuff from DH2 has price in DH1 if it helps and you can aproximate the rest. I am for the Influence/like since the RT Profit factor, but honestly, you know what is best for your group.

I used to think space marines were dumb as fuck but then I got into some of the lore though Dawn of War. The idea of legions not splitting cleanly and the Blood Ravens and Carchadons possibly being loyalist Thousand Sons and World Eater/Night Lords is really interesting to me

Carchadorons are 95% Raven Guard, they were pretty savage before the Delivarence. Blood Ravens are the TS with almost same probability though.

My theory on the Blood Raven Custodes armor is that they got it from the ruins of Prospero off a previously overlooked corpse.

Damnit. I was hoping I could use somebody else's work, but it seems I can't be lazy on this one. Thanks for the advice though.

Preparing the two sessions in what would fortunately became new DH2 campaign. Setting will be the off-handedly mentioned world of Sarcossa, home of the Sarcossan Wave Generator

> Armageddon-ish Hive World covered in deathworld grade jungle
> inspiration and themes from Tropa de Elite, Narcos, Grim Fandango and Planescape Torment
> All Saints Day/Days of the Dead festival, inspired by Lord Inquisitor Prologue going on
> stronghold of the Church of the Emperor Revenant, Resurectionist and Death-Cults
> lot of techno-heresy going on
> Black Alchemy and its products
> religious Trade Unions
> "generic" Imperial Noble houses, probably need more inspiration
> hereteks, maleteks, Democratist heretics, signatories of Black Tontines
> corrupt Enforcers and PDF
> black ops Militarum Tempestus (Tenebris)

> cont
> Anima Servoskull

Hope he will survive the encounter with PCs, they have a record of murdering NPCs which are about to help them.

> ratling Narco-Patron Pablo

>Unkindness-clone form the RavenorĀ“s sojourn at Eustis Majoris will also be present

>Carchadorons are 95% Raven Guard

More like 50/50 Raven Guard and Night Lords

They are literally a chapter of Terran Raven Guard exiled because Corax was a cock. No World Eaters. No Night Lords. Terran. Raven. Guard. The FW Horus Heresy books all but spell it out for you, with Raven Guard featuring Maori armor decorations, name dropping the Nomad-Predation Pattern, mentioning brutal Terran Raven Guard, and Corvax either getting them killed or exiling them. There's not much room for flex there.

In FW HH books, the original Raven Guard is described as fiercely tribal tattooted reavers. Tyberos the Red Wake is flying Nicor, Charybdis class Grand Cruiser, described in HH books as Raven Guard vessel in 30k. Corax, after being found, sent many of the old Legion into the galactic void in Predation-something pattern, which is, ten thousand years later, used by Carcharodons. The geneseed variation, pale skin and jet black eyes, is iconic for Raven Guard, not only Night Lords. Also, during the Badab War, Carchadorons are communicating in antiquated High Gothic (consistent with old Terra legionaries theory), not Nostroman.

But nothing definitely written, thats my reason for 5% doubt.

Raven Guard'ed

In dark heresy I found a wine bottle from 2016, how much do you think it would be worth?

My character was hit with a firestorm and should have died so I burned a fate point. How would he be effected by 3rd degree burns are there any augs for your skin or anything he could have?

Nothing, because it was a bottle of Two Buck Chuck that has long since turned from wine to vinegar to elemental vinegar to foul-tasting slime in a bottle to dust in a bottle.

Step 1: Become a penitent.
Step 2: Join a religious community as its protector.
Step 3: Mercilessly butcher anyone who threatens your church-bros.

I would but im a psyker

How do you reduce corruption points?

Sorry to break it to you, you don't. :(

give me some ideas for a black crusade game im starting. Also can I get an idea on the scale of the game? Like should the party immediately amass a cult and warband and attempt to make an empire in the screaming vortex or somesuch? The party is basically all specialist marines, like zerkers and noise marines