40k General

Stupid sexy Genestealer edition

>Rules databases
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Previous thread

Nid codex when?

Not soon enough.

Why is it ok for Grav cents to drop pod and still shoot on T1 but charging is literally satan?

ORK UPRISING WHEN?!

GREEN IZ BEST

i somewhat doubt they'll update a codex before a new edition
they havent in a while

Its not really OK for cents to do that either. Centstars were and are very cancerous armies.

Factions not getting a rules update for an entire edition is stupid and makes no sense, but I'm willing to wait for 8 at this point. The fact that factions don't have a Decurion is bullshit, but that's how it is.

WE ALREADY HAVE GENE STEALER CULTS.

DIGGA NOB CULTS WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN?!??!?

I can't understand how GW thinks leaving a faction alone for an entire edition is a good business plan. Surely they would make more money by selling the new products, and it's not like they can't get a business loan to put down the money to pay people to make the new stuff. Feels like they're just leaving money on the table.

Honestly, I don't think anyone dropping down should be able to shoot because they just came down from fucking outer space or something. At the very least make them snap shoot their shit.

IG need new shoulder pads. There is a definite shoulder pad disparity in the imperial military

also, no more ear muff helmets please

One thing that does bug me is how there can be many "distinct" rules for different types of "Traitor Humans." Be it Genestealer Cultists, Diggas (whom also were also being protected by the Necrons), Von Strab's Honor Guard, Chaos Cultists, Gue'Vesa...it makes you wonder how much of the "cult" rules could be consolidated into a singular codex or two.

I have no hopes about next edition fixin stuff, just introducing new errors.

Thats why I joined the latest make better rules then GW houserule group that popped up here some days ago.

Maybe we will get something better then they do. Low bar, I know :)

what would you want from the codex?

IG uniforms used to be cool. WTF happened?

Drop Pods are one of the sacred cows of the Spehss Muhroons. You even hint that it's overpowered to pay 35 to allow any unit to deep strike while also ignoring every single drawback to deep striking and they immediately start whining.

Could the old Gargantuan Creature Transcendent C'tan take a Wraith Knight?

I remember those things having some almost ridiculous shooting.

Kind of a shame they aren't Gargantuan Creatures anymore.

SHOW ME ONE UNIT THAT CAN BEAT TEN GENESTEALERS IN CLOSE COMBAT FOR THE SAME COST

>implying that's a centurion problem

It's a shooting problem in general you fucking retards. Pods are a problem too, when they are free and one of the few ways to actually make deep strike playable.

Fix the huge game problems with shooting being too good and deep striking naked being too shitty and you won't even give a fuck about podded cents because shooting will be merged and pods won't be mandatory.

i already heard them whiing their 35pt thing does not impact kill enemies as added bonus,

>SHOW ME ONE UNIT THAT CAN BEAT TEN GENESTEALERS IN CLOSE COMBAT FOR THE SAME COST
Purestrain Genestealers

2012 actually. Top 4 in the first GT of 6th edition.

>then they literally did nothing and saw near zero play for the next 4 years

In the Emperor's name, let Warzone Fenris Pt.2: Electric Wolfaboo have deep-striking terminators for the Dark Angels.
We're stuck with the best assault terminators and the worst means of delivery. I mean, if the BA get charge from deepstrike, but the "massive company of 100% terminators" chapter doesn't then all hope is truly lost.
Fucking hell, even CSM can charge from deepstrike these days, can't they?

It really annoys me as a CSM player because Drop Pod access would immediately catapult us up to middle tier. They're just that good.
>hurr what about the Dreadclaw
Costs three times as much, has lower transport capacity, eats your dudes, doesn't let you shoot turn one, and doesn't have the IGS. Plus there's always some retard in the store who tries to start shit about the Dreadlaw not actually having the Transport rule.

Someone's asking for a blamming.

So I was wondering about: How would one fix Orks? I had a few ideas, but some of the stuff has the potential to veer on OP.

Wargear:
Cybork Body stacks with other FNP sources.
Gitfinda basically gives "Cognis" to the Ork's weapons (snapshoot at BS 2, full 3 Wall of Death hits on Overwatch).

KFF is a portable Void Shield Generator (This one would be the "OMG Orks are Broken" one). 25 points per HP of shield.

New Mek toy: The Power Boosta (25 points). When the unit/transport the Big Mek is part of/in decides to fire a batch of weapons with a "Variable Strength", the Big Mek may elect to activate the Power Booster. This lets the weapon(s) roll an extra die and drop one, but if **any** of the dice rolled result in doubles, the Big Mek takes a S4 AP - hit Ignores Cover hit.

HQ:

If the Warboss takes a Bike, you may take Warbikers as troops.

The Big Mek can take a "Mekboy Speedsta" (Originally from Epic, reimagined some here) instead of taking a Bike, for +65 points.

Mekboy Speedsta:
BS 3, FA 13, SA 12, RA 10, Type: Chariot, Fast, Open-Topped
Wargear: Two Kannons.
Special Rule: Mobile Mekshop: The Mekboy may measure from the hull of the Speedsta for any interactions of his, be it KFF field emanation, repairing adjacent vehicles, etc.
Option: The Speedsta may upgrade its Kannons with other Mek Gunz at appropriate costs.

Painboy: New rule: Eye for Teef: The Painboy may sacrifice his IC rule to be attached to a unit of Nobz. If the Painboy does so, it no longer counts as an HQ choice. A unit of Nobz may not have more than one Painboy attached due to this rule. If the unit of Nobz takes Warbikes, the Painboy must also do so.

=Troops=
All Boyz are 6 pts/model. They may either be Sluggaboyz (Choppas get Shred), Shootaboyz, or Stikkbommas (Each model inflicts a S6 AP 4 HoW hit)

Flayed One user pls

>We will never get an image this cool ever again in any codex

This picture alone made me want to play Tyranids and start the hobby when i was younger, and i did.

If this was done now it would be in colour and feature only traced digitally enhanced versions of the official ASTRA MILLITARIUM™ Command sqaud™ vox-caster™ with pointing arm™ + The Spore mines from the Harpy kit.

There would be zero creativity allowed and only models you can purchase RIGHT NOW would be depicted. Oh and some retarded shit in the background, maybe a Gorkanaut because why not

r&h 3 point mutant rabble plague zombies or renegade guardsmen with pistol+ccw
there are 4.666 per stealer

No. Raptors and Warp Talons can. Our Terminators got the same formation as the Blood Angels, except we got Hatred against a single target instead of charging out of Deep Strike and reserves manipulation.

The melee WK can charge and kill it. It can kill snooty WKs but I think the WK has longer range IIRC.

Deep Strike drawbacks are too severe. Pods weren't even the primary choice of transport ever so they're clearly not stronger than Rhinos or bikes or Death Stars. There's a reason GK and DW teleporting is garbage auto loss.

Putting shit that has no business DSing in a pod is what's broken.

pic related.

SHOW ME ONE UNIT THAT CAN BEAT 5 NOBZ IN A 'NAUT IN CLOSE COMBAT FOR THE SAME COST.

Fire Warriors with great rolls and poor rolls on stealer's part. :^)

Bloodbrides

Sounds like typical GW policy then. While they seem to be getting better I don't have high hopes from them. Ever.

>implying it doesn't

Tip of the Spear formation: drop pods deal strength D hits when scattering onto enemy models. This is an actual formation from Warhammer World. Requires full pod army and Cato Sicarius.

in a vacuum? eight burna boyz in cover

8D3 flamer hits, then 16 attacks for the survivors

Inb4 drop pod assault cents assaulting T1

(Cont)
Gretchen: It's a Grot's Life. If a unit of Gretchen is in a Difficult Terrain feature, you may elect to remove D2 Gretchen from that unit for any nearby Ork unit to ignore DT checks for moving through that feature for the turn.

=Transports=
Trukks get FA 11. Ramshackle is updated so that when you Explode a Trukk, the Ork player may roll a D6. On a 3+, the player may instead move the Trukk 2d6" in a direction of choice then Wreck it. This makes it harder to "strand" trukk-spam armies.

=Elites=
Nobz are 3 points base.

=Heavy Support=
Battlewagons get "Dakka Platform:" They count as Super-Heavy vehicles for the purposes of firing their weapons.

Gorka/Morkanauts get to at least customize their loadouts, as that's just lazy otherwise.

=Other Rules=
Mob Rule is redone so that if you fail a Morale/Pinning/Fear Check, you may make a subsequent "Mob Rule" check, ala 3rd edition. Roll 2d6, equal or under your current mob size. Multi-wound models count their maximum wounds, rather than their model count. (Ex: A unit of 4 Meganobz would have to make a Mob Check of 8 or less). A Bosspole lets you take a S4 hit on a random model to roll an extra D6-drop-highest on the Mob Rule check.

There are a bunch of other "wishlist" changes that could be added (let's not get started on Stormboyz/Kommandos/Flash Gitz), but these would do a *lot* to give an Ork army the teef it proppaly deserves.

Harlequins can probably give them a run for their money, but Harlequins are basically just space elf genestealers anyways.

I don't really see what the issue with Genestealers being really good in CC is. They're fairly squishy and have no shooting weapons at all. They also generally don't have assault grenades, giving you a fairly easy way to counter them with your own assault troops.

The rabbit hole of shit just doesn't let up for you guys, does it?
I'm sorry that it had to be that way...

>Kill team book mentions penal legionaries a unit GW ripped away from IG's latest book

cheeky cunts you couldn't just say IG vet squad instead

what makes drop pods good though? It's definitely not the piddly storm bolter and the locator beacon and IGS are cool but not the true reason you take them, is it?

no more jolly officers for us. Peaked caps and earmuff helmets only.

Harlies have worse stats than stealers for about the same cost, their power comes from their s6 ap2 weaponry which means squat to stealers.

If they charged a group of genestealers with some embraces then they could mulch a whole squad of them easy but they wont win a fair fight.

On average, 'Stealers will take heavy casualties but give almost as good as they get and then wipe the Burnaboyz on the next turn.

It's ~5 dead 'Stealers from Wall of Death, 2 more from the Burna attacks, but then 5 dead Boyz at I1.

It's giving deep strike to units that don't have it and being able to place them anywhere on the board turn one with safe scatter. It's like infiltrator with no restrictions.

sorry to rebuke you but stuff like that not how I hope things will go.
You do not fix orks, you fix the rulebook first. Then you move to the codices.

Some questions:
Will it help assault armies to redo the rapid fire rule to 5th edition, i.e. one shot at 12' when moved to limit the incoming fire?

Will more terrain then the normal 25% aid orks, especially as they have jumppack units to move over walls?

What units should be HQ? My idea is more akin to 5th necron where some armies like orks have secondary courts to give them access to additional characters like meks and painboys for orks.

What about morale in general, currently it hurts some armies big and many just shrug it off.

squad leaders that do more stuff then just provide better weapons and Ld boni, as another general rule.

Don't be sorry. We knew our fate when we fell.

Too expensive.

Blueberry scum.

Out wych-ed by fucking genestealers.

...This one has potential. Good work Guardsman.

Drop Pods are a 35-point Deep Strike upgrade for a unit that also serves as a mobile terrain-wall, that doesn't require said unit to have to choose between "Do I get to shoot" vs "Do I stay perfectly bunched up in 'please blast me' formation?" Plus they get Inertial Guidance System which reduces the risks of DS Mishaps, so you can be more aggressive in placing them near high-value targets. Since Space Marines also get access to Grav Weapons, it lets them selectively alpha-strike in and kill "high profile" targets (Wraithknights/Riptides/etc). This can be countered either on a list-writing level (horde/bubblewrap armies won't care as much), or a gameplay level (counter-reserve any high-profile targets and feed extreme MSU in return).

for 10 points more you get an ecclisiarchy battle conclave with 4 crusaders and 6 death cult assassins. The assassins and genestealers strike at the same time, putting out 18 attacks compared to the 20 from the genestealers. The genestealers hit on 3s and wound on 3s, but after the 3++ from the crusaders deal 2.9 wounds, failing to kill all 4 crusaders. The death cult hit on 4s and wound on 4s but at ap3, dealing 4.5 unsaved wounds to the genestealers. On the second round the genestealers kill the remaining crusader and one assassin, taking another 4.5 casualties in return from the assassins. The final round is 1 genestealer against 5 death cult. Genestealers lose.

god that was the first model I ever painted

we will never get an overweight officer ever again

They essentially let you show up anywhere on the board that you want with next to no chance of taking casualties getting there. IGS means you don't have to worry about mishap unless you drop onto the edge like a tard, and the 6" move combined with the absurdly big footprint as of the new FAQ means that it's practically impossible to scatter away from your target.

It being a 35 point AV12 ObSec pie plate on the later turns is just gravy.

Trying to work out my first Tyranid list (1500pts). I have 90pts left and a vague idea of good things to take, but I'd appreciate some input on which upgrades I can give them.
HQ

>2x Hive Tyrant (Wings, 2x TL Devourers) - 460

Troops

>30x Termagaunts, Tervigon - 195 + 120

>Hormagaunts (2 x 10) - 100

Elites

>2x Zoanthrope - 100

>2x Malanthrope - 170

Heavy Support

>Sporocyst - 75

>Trygon - 190

The idea would be to have a large OS blob moving up the field covered by the Malanthropes and with a little luck, the FNP power, then to bunker down with the Sporocyst while spread over a few objectives.

The Hormagaunts would be held in reserve and come out after the Trygon to contest objectives late game.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Yeah, but the boyz are 12 points under. I imagine a 9th burna would tip it in their favor.

Do you already own 2 Malanthropes?

Any questions?

Not the guy you're answering but Traitor's Hate being an overwhelmingly lazy and mediocre piece of shit, at least it gave a good amount of CSM players a higher chance to win purely because their favourite units, that 99% are tax-tier at best, can at the very least contest objectives.

As a TS player I'm hoping Fenris 2 is good for us fancy headdress lovers. It is legit the perfect fucking opportunity to start introducing legion-specific shit, the stuff that made a ton of people fall in love with CSM as an army.

I can't say I'll sell my TS if it's shit as I spent too much time and love on them to be rid of them, but I am almost guaranteed to never use them again.

At the very least, I'm just hoping there's some fluffy shit I can piece together with the rest of the books we got to make something that's a bit fun to play. I'm not expecting anything better than "doable"

Any mention of Tau planets falling to a cult?

any good art we haven't seen yet

Anything we don't know already?

Post the rest of the formations.

One thing I had been doing in my "core rewrite" project was to reduce players to a single "CAD-like" detachment, which scales up based on the point levels. You also had the option to choose a "Focus" for your detachment (so "Elite"-focused detachments for 1st company armies, etc).

As for HQs, it made sense to split them into Warlords and Heroes ala WHFB, with the former being your commander, the latter being "supporting" characters.

Duly noted. Mhm, CSM could really benefit from that shit.

Both of these are good picks. A proud day to serve in the Imperium.

>Mhm, CSM could really benefit from that shit.

Here we go.

No, but I love their models.

Plus I have a contact who can get stuff from Chinaman if necessary. This is an army that I'll be building over the next 6 or so months, £50 a month isn't too big an ask.

Any interesting or cool fluff?

1. Metamorphs Dataslate.
2. That ambush-formation containing metamorphs and acolyte.

Actual Nid gameplay ? 70 pts carnifex ? do what you want type of upgrades ?
basically switch back to the second codex, but add in the new beasts

also if anyone know from which book the art I post come from, please tell me

5 Chaos Chosen with Flamers. 5d3 shots, 3 attacks apiece. Time to let the galaxy burn.

Why not put Concussive on some of their bigger guns like the Kannons, Mek Gunz, the big gun the Stompa has, etc?

I'd also move some units out of heavy Support and move some units to Troops.

Like Burnas, Tankbustas and Lootas would all go in Troops while things like Deff Dreads and Killa Kans would be moved somewhere other than Heavy Support, like Elites.

Mathematically speaking, I think Celestine can take a unit of 10 Genestealers.

In my experience, the vast majority of players don't actually play with anything remotely close to 25% terrain and when they do, a lot of it is small hills or trees that don't really obscure much. TLoS meaning that in order to actually block LoS a given piece of terrain has to be fucking massive doesn't help at all.

Do you have the dataslates for Metamorphs, the Primus, and the Aberrants? Thanks man!

if you're looking for an imperial equivalent, three special weapon squads would do it

I would love it if Chaos Space Marines got a little bit of the 30k treatment! It would make the faction so much more interesting and customizable without having to have huge rules overhauls. I mean the best part of space marines is that you aren't just "space marines chapter ###", you are your favourite chapter, and your fluff, rules and lists all get to reflect that.
Like right now it makes no sense that, for instance, Thousand Sons have have all the same crunch as Night Lords. Its just weird.

I somewhat thought on an increasing CAD too
like 1HQ 2troop every 500
one elite fast heavy every 750

etc.
but i prefer a percentage system to avoid filling troops with 2x5 min squads to fill it.
Ofc that requires all armies to have troops that are atleast somewhat viable against most things and on a comparable level.So no one side gets gravbikes/scatterbikes the other gets only CSMcultists or similar

Get back the old Mob Rule

Have Nobz use power axes as default like the bloody models actually represent.

Have some Orks have BS3 like they used to, maybe as a upgrade for shootaboyz, Lootas and Tankbustas and default for Flash Gitz, even BS4 for special characters like that one guy back in 3d edition.

Have Cybork bodies grant ++ as before

Have Painboyz be a slotless HQ taken as 1-3 that you can spread into squads.

Fix the Flash gitz' guns.

Make the armoury more adaptible. Boyz should be able to take a Burna, and Nobz should be able to take pretty much anything, Battlewagons, Gunwagons, Battlefortresses, etc should all have access to the new Mekguns as well as all the other goodies.

Actually include Looted tanks in the fucking codex.

New FW update that makes all the awesome stuff actually priced right.

Fix the price of the Stompa, no more than 500.

Add different decurions for Klans, for example Goffs could make all melee weapon upgrades (AKA powerclaws) free, and add some stat bonuses to some tough units.

Actually make some Snakebitez models. Squighound mobs with Squigherd riding a bigger squig, giant squigs, smaller, non-transport Squiggoths, etc.

Something like that.

Your speedsta is pretty similar to the Junka though, better make it a Speed Freaks special unit instead.
Also, you can make bike troops already with Zhadsnark, but yea, they should fucking fix the codex as well.

Sporocysts/Tyrannocytes that let you assault.

Something to actually deal with armor.

The fucking biomorph diversity that got outright robbed from us. Especially with allowing people to stack weapon effects.

The BS4 on our shooty units that got outright robbed from us.

Run and Assault.

Decent psychic powers, Broodmind minus the Genestealer Cult summoning would be pretty amazing.

Shadow in the Warp that actually does something.

Fixed costs on pretty much all of our units.

You missed that by a couple dozen posts, quality-contributor-to-the-thread-poster.
Yeah, they'd enable us to shove a bunch of big CSM blobs into the enemies face turn one. It wouldn't be that good, but it would definitely let us compete with the other mid-tier books. At the absolute least, it would allow us to get off our half of the table against the more competitive armies.

that's what I don't like the most about playing CSM.

Playing my Tau, I feel like I'm playing Tau. I got stealthsuits, I got kroot auxiliaries, I got supporting fire and markerlights. I play Necrons, I feel like I'm playing Necrons, I got resurrection orbs, Reanimation protocols, gauss weaponry etc.

I play Thousand Sons, I'm just playing generic undivided CSM with a nice hat and a fancy blue colour. Up till the Cyclopia Cabal, I couldn't even field any decent measure of Sorcerers at all and that, excuse the forced maymay, is in 2016

Earth Caste capture a lone genestealer on a sept world (i guess that's be a fledgling patriarch) and they infect one of their own for science. The results are seen as cool instead of gross because tau believe in "acceptance and tolerance" (their words, not mine). 20 years of testing later the fire caste is called over because infection has run rampant throughout the world. They apparently cleanse the world after 10 years of war.

A few, I'll get to those later because I'm assuming a lot of people have rules questions.

I know we already have their decurion so I'll get started with the smaller ones.

either TLos goes or i will. It is the most godawful stupid rule in the book full of stupid godawful rules. The whole modelling fer advantage comes from that. And yes I have seen an army where half the guardsmen have kneeling positions. Furthermore gaming should not require a fuckin arobics class.

I mean, I don't even play CSM but at the very least they should get some chapter tactics, right? Just something to diversify the legions.

>The results are seen as cool instead of gross because tau believe in "acceptance and tolerance" (their words, not mine). 20 years of testing later the fire caste is called over because infection has run rampant throughout the world.
that's fucking hilarious

I could deepstrike my Rubrics behind enemy cover so I can wipe a squad or two with AP3 and do a pincer attack with bikers and shit.

>they infect one of their own for science.

Fucken Tauf thats what you get

Post pics of the unit entries not leaked already, wargear and relics?

I figured the Speedsta is a revised Junka, because the current Junka rules are wonky due to the way you can take it as a "Dedicated Transport" yet actually not transport any models inside it. The Chariot at least "binds" the Big Mek to his ride (and grants him Relentless) so you can either run it as a "cheap-and-cheerful" gun-tank, as a heavy MBT/Shokk Attack Platform, or give the Big Mek some Mega-Armor and run it like a pseudo Command Barge.

Agreed to the fact that the codex should be adaptable as a whole. One "personal" preference of mine (I know it's not everyone's tankard of squig ale) is that rather than having Looted Vehicles, Orks should just have Looted Wargear options, which would be "high-risk-high-reward." So if you wanted to give your Battlewagon "Floatin' Boostas" (Looted Eldar anti-grav, etc) for a turn of being a Fast Skimmer, or a "Sparky-Kannon" (A looted Ion Accelerator), you "can" do it and while it will be powerful, it could easily backfire on you!

I never was a fan of the "Decurion/combi-detachment" or special formations. Because the way GW does it, they either do stuff like "Hey, it's fluffy, it has Mandatory Possessed" or you have "why yes, I was planning to take three Riptides anyway..."

How much better would Rubric Marines be if their squads counted for a free Warp Charge and Rubric Marines could roll to stand back up after being killed like they can do in the lore?

>Earth Caste capture a lone genestealer on a sept world (i guess that's be a fledgling patriarch) and they infect one of their own for science. The results are seen as cool instead of gross because tau believe in "acceptance and tolerance" (their words, not mine).

Never change, Tau.

Relics were leaked already. Can an user back me up while I post the formations?

>legions
Don't use that word. Shitposters come crawling out of the woodworks to inform everyone that the legions aren't really cohesive fighting forces while ignoring that it's essentially just asking for rules to differentiate the various Chaos archetypes.

At this point, I'd be happy with Marks that aren't overpriced and usually worthless.