>be accelerated math grad student
>have research internship in data science
>get hit by car
>take too many semesters off because I have to learn how to walk again
>kicked out of school
>had 30 credits of graduate classes, 70 credits of undergrade
>no degree
>about to get settlement money

can you guys pause the shitcoin shilling and give me a rundown on the basics of this shit?

>which wallet is best?
>which coin trading site is best?
>do most people keep capital in ETH just to buy other shitcoins?
>etc
>???
>profit?

basically lets aim for a nub friendly shitcoin basics thread (since there isn't a sticky). I've done my own research, just want user's opinion and perhaps advice on dodging fee's and scammers.

heard of google cuck boi?

Here's some basics for you:
Do your own research, spend weeks and weeks researching every facet of the market.
Read books on basic investors knowledge, not crypto focused books.

Best advice I have to offer you though:
Don't browse here, it's glorified marketing for the most part, especially to the untrained eye.
People make money hyping certain things up, then selling when the demand is high, it costs 100 dollars an hour to shill a website with a team of 10 pajeets, they can make about 35 posts per hour.
They know how to entice you, they have it down to a science.

Fuck off nigger. A math major should be competent enough to get started by lurking alone.

But he got hit BY A CAR

paperwallets made on an offline made before 2009 computer with a clean os for large sums

mycelium, coinomi, jaxx, bitcoin.com for small amounts and moving shit around

no exchanges are good

yes

bitcoin is at the top and will crash before the end of the month. Bitcoin cash is going to start going up in january

1. Invest in BCH
2. Wait
3. Watch BTC crash and burn
4. Wait
5. Keep waiting
6. Watch yourself become a millionaire just from following the advice of this very Veeky Forums post that you are reading right now
7. ???
8. PROFIT!!!!!

Newfag sets up for samefag. More at 11.

The faith is weak with this one

>kicked out of school beacuse youre learning to walk
guess youre too dumb to appeal to their sense of pity, now im having doubts about your blogpost

You guys went through all that work to set up a BCH shill thread, and I blew it the fuck up just like your pic. Going to be laughing about this all night.

>did research, want user's opinion
its like you don't even read

>pls give me some titles user

I am aware of the PnD schemes, and the pajeet trolling.

>hit by car
>>>I got capital coming in
>no longer in school/academic bonafides
>>>I have free time and a brain, give me links, authors, articles etc.

are you really this slow?

It was a BCH shill pump thread set up by the sam faggots that just pumped and demped Req, Mong. Oh wait, (you) are one of those faggots. didn't (you) get the memo?

Dude, watch the BCH marketcap, watch the 24h volume, no amount of shilling on Veeky Forums is gonna move it by 1 percent, I'm not OP, just screencap my post above, save it in some folder and remember to look at it again one year, two years and three years from now, and before your eyes you will see unfolding how you could have become rich if only you had had faith in this very moment

>i have a brain
>spoonfeed me

so basically this?

>not using every resource available to aggregate data

Why aren't you all accumulating BCH before the inevitable Coinbase moon 1 Jan?

>Aayush Jindal
>but I'm the scammer
I have currently have no money in any markets or coins

wut?

>how much blow do I need to get on your level?

Neither of those will help you. Do you just want to invest your settlement or do you actively want to earn money, because there's a difference between the two?

>made before 2009 computer
?

Don't buy biz shill rank 900 pump dump shit coins. Coinmarketcap.com buy top 50 coins and hold go a year and you'll be happy. Dart accumulating. Sometimes you got to know which threads are scams some say sell when you should buy and buy when you should sell. A lot of scamers on biz trying to take advantage of you to make them rich. Blockchain.info
Ltc moon soon bro much luck

I want to earn money.

Okay faggot, then you need to learn how to daytrade. The idea is that you pick out a relatively stable coin (I suggest ETH) and then you watch its behavior over the day. You are looking for bases, which is when the price hits a low at roughly the same price a few times, the more time it hits it the better. Then you wait for a moment when the price falls under that line and buy. This method is used by most daytraders as well as bots, which results in a so called bounce after the drop. Example: Coin XY drops to the price of $100 3 times and goes back up but then goes down to $90 = you and other faggots buy => vaule rises => price jumps up to $95 => you sell and you've made 5% on your investment in like 3 minutes.

Any more questions?

more like this

that seems like a good place to start. Do you have any book/reading recommendations?

is 18k in crypto a good place to start?

Get into machine learning and start algo trade crypto.

FUCK OFF NORMIE NO SPOONFEEDING

This needs to be pinned.

>Math major asking for advice at an anime forum.

Yeah, you suck at math.

Not really, I've got degrees in economics and statistics and from my experience book knowledge really doesn't help you. You need to get a feel for it. I suggest you start small and careful. The most common reasons why people fail:

1) Don't be overeager to make trades. Many idiots jump into every single dip and lose like 50% of their trades. Wait for solid bases. They will come.
2) If you buy in and the value keeps falling cut your losses and sell. Sure, you can hold it until the value goes back up again, but that might take a day or two during which your money is frozen. Let's say you make a shitty call and lose 10% just take it and deal with it. By the time the value has gone up again you could have made that money back on other trades.
3) Do NOT get greedy. This is the #1 killer. If you made a good call and there is a bounce sell! Make your safe few %. Sure, if you wait you could make 20-30%, but you might just as well lose the same amount. If you don't sell on the bounce you are basically gambling. If you make just 1-2% per trade you are fucking GOLDEN. It adds up insanely quickly.
4) Stay humble. Don't think you've mastered the market if you made a few good trades. Once you get cocky you'll fuck your shit up.

That's far more than I would risk at first if you're a noob. Start with an amount that you wouldn't give a shit about if you lost it. If you put trading is stressful enough as it is, if you put extra pressure on yourself you'll fuck it all up and lose everything. Also you really don't need to invest a lot. Let's say you start with a measly $100 and make 20% per day (pretty realistic, I make between 10-30% per day on my trades), you'll have $23737 after just 1 month. Do it for 1 more and you're at $5.6 mil. Don't think it's easy though, to make good trades you'll spend countless hours in front of your PC, looking at graphs while constantly being stressed out. It's hard work.

Okay, approaching post size limit. Hope I could help.

you're the most help I've had off Veeky Forums in a long while, thanks man.

also yeah, that 18k is from cryptos I had but foolishly ignored for 4 years, but I'm going to get my starting 100 bucks by selling off my csgo skins for ETH

You're welcome. One more important thing. Unless you're living in the 3rd world or in some tax oasis you'll need to pay taxes for day trading. Keep book of every trade you make and file a tax report at the end of the year or they will have you locked up. Expect to pay like 40-50% of your profits. Shit sucks, but it's still very viable.

You have been very helpful, thank you.

what are your exchange and wallet preferences?

Doesn't really matter. Just use one of the big ones. I personally trade on cex.io because it allows me to trade in €, which makes things easier for me. Also I like their graph tool (pic related).

looking at ETH
>would you have called the floor at 1130GMT?
>if so what would you have sold for?

>to lazy to do his own research
>prefers to ask lazy unspecific questions instead

My advice: You won't make it, because you are too autistic.

You're welcome.

>awesome thanks!

I'm starting to think 60% of this board is functionally illiterate.

The only good advice is to hold Bitcoin. Don't let people shill you into buying worthless shitcoins (including ETH). Nothing has the same long-term value as BTC.

Most of the time trading is a zero-sum game at best.

>trading in a bull market is a zero-sum game

>Which are the best
*INCOMING WWIII ALERT*

kek

I don't care what anyone says. That does not look like dick & balls.

bud, didnt you see how well REQ did after that wednesday's Thurday-hype? Pumped, dumped and then yesterday, MOONED! I'm actually going out today to shop for a Lambo!

going back to college is a start...