Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Pimp My Mastodon Out, Cogboys Edition
Ordo Reductor Sub-Edition
Where did all the space Cowboys go? Ordo Reductor turned them all into craters. The end.

>HHG FAQs
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
discord.gg/wYS2J6b
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Webstore-Blog/2016/11/07/The-Razorback-Rikarius-Free-Rules
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Kharn-the-Bloody-8th-Captain-of-the-World-Eaters
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are World Eaters without tactics, or is there variance beyond the Savage Tide?

So working on my list and here are some thoughts based on other lists.
Rhinos are yes
Tartaros Get a Combi and claw.
I don't fucking know what Catta bodyguards get other then a Land Raider.

Your entire army is based around assaulting shit and drowning your enemy in hundreds of attacks, now there are plenty of ways to do that but thats just what you do and if you dont like it then WE arent for you.

Without tactics you get cut down before making it into combat. A lot of WE just go ahead and play that way, and it's still fun. If they win, it's with heavy losses on both sides.

Repost from the end of last thread:

Just posting a quick idea I've been fiddling around with on Battlescribe on break at work
2000 points, no ROW

Deathshroud in Land Raider as HQ - 435
2x 10 man in rhinos - (Sarge with artificer and melta bomb) 185 each squad
3x Quad mortars (shatter) - 210
Kheres Mortis -180
Grave Wardens in Land Raider (2 chainfists) - 435
Sicaran Venator -190

180 points left over for something, maybe another tac squad?

Is this list going to get mashed because of low body count, OR is 2 LRs and strong Terminator units going to be real handy at 2000 points? Venator and LRs deny tanks and pop transports, Kheres and Quads shred up infantry and transports, rhino dudes hold objectives nicely, Terminators are assault nightmares for all kinds of dudes

>not footslogging blobs and termies

do you even Death Guard

If your enemy ends up dead I'd say whatever plan you used was successful. After all, victory needs no explanation.

Y'know, I always hear about fighting and units taking stuff down or being utterly crushed, but what about objectives? How often are they the key to victory?

Also, do the Ordo Reductor participate in the Quest for Knowledge, as the rest of the AdMech/Mechanicum do? I'd assume so, but I'm still learning the fluff, and the thought of sending Thallax Cohorts to grab objectives in search for data/relics/other important things sounds cool.

Y'know, I feel like that bit is obvious, but I still feel like asking.

First list had flootslogging blobs, but footslogging terminators just seems like a surefire way to lose 450~ points in 2 turns

Who cares? It looks cool.

Who are your favorites allies? Enemies?
Best type of players to play against? And as allies?

The Quest for Knowledge is not just searching for STCs. It is the equivalent of Achieving Enlightenment and Becoming One With God combined. Those who take the most literal approach to the Quest for Knowledge become Explorators, but there are thousands of other disciplines and methodologies that could all be aggregated up into the Quest for Knowledge. Just like real religions, Machine Cult dogma is endlessly complex and nebulous, with different answers depending on who you ask and when.

I too am interested and intrigued by the Bringers of the Blessed Ruin. It appears they don't concern themselves with the pursuit of knowledge with only one exception: the destruction of the enemy.
Source HH5 p.220

Huh, that makes sense, actually.

The Ordo Reductor are cool, aren't they?

But seriously, I've never actually played, how often do objectives play into the game?

>inb4 'no one here actually plays'

Depends, in most 30k missions the objectives don't matter untill the last turn but with some you get points for having units camp them. Either way your scoring units need to survive and the scary shit of your opponent needs to die.

Pretty much all the time. That's what tac blobs with an apothecary are good for, while your termies do the offensive work (i.e. taking objectives on the other half of the table, then being relieved by tac blobs so they can move on to the next one).

I'm not sure a Venator is a good use of points at 2000. It's only better than a multi-shot tank against superheavies and you won't see many at that game size. I'd consider a Predator or Vindicator squadron.

Giving your tacs combat blades and the sarge a weapon of some kind (fist, axe) can be surprisingly handy.

Use the spare points to get a second dread or a predator for some extra armor saturation.

Yeah, you need to have support structures that facilitate your melee assault. As the FW books put it, the World Eaters employed a wide array of support units and armour, all as a means to an end. That end being, whenever possible, the delivery of line units to where they can beat the fuck out of the enemy most effectively.

It's the tactical, disciplined, combined-arms approach to savage melee combat that first drew me to Horus Heresy World Eaters desu. It all goes out the window between the Shadow Crusade and the Siege of Terra, but whatever.

Nothing wrong with playing to a specific era. Just ask historical gamers.

How the fuck did the backsliding of Nostramo come as a surprise to Curze?
>Bring world to silent, terrified compliance
>Everyone goes to work then comes home and locks their doors
>No gangs running the streets whatsoever
>Reunited with the big E, gets legion
>Goes off crusading
>...
>After a while gang culture creeps into the legion:
>Nostramo gang salutes (claw-over-heart)
>Officers taking gang-inspired titles
>Legion organisation begins to be loosely based around nostramo gang structure
>GEE I WONDER WHERE ALL THIS CAME FROM THERE SURELY CAN'T BE ANY GANGS ON NOSTRAMO I STOPPED ALL THAT

Huh. So would a whole lot of Thallax on objectives with a couple Thanatar and an Archmagos/Tech-Priest Auxilia watching over them and taking out the big stuff a good idea?

With Thallax being so survivable, I'd assume they'd be good at camping/taking onbectives?

He thought he scared them straight too well.

Curze knew exactly that it would happen and even says as much to Vulkan. He believes humanity needs to be kept in a constant state of compliance and that if you turn your back on them, they will betray you. His fractured mind was split between that logic and the emotional joy of spreading that pain.

>With Thallax being so survivable, I'd assume they'd be good at camping/taking onbectives?
Camping on them would be a poor use of their mobility. But yeah, good for taking them.

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Webstore-Blog/2016/11/07/The-Razorback-Rikarius-Free-Rules

I know it's 'datasheet' says M37, but would you let someone use this in a HH game?

What's a razorback, Legionnaire?

Son, get your time traveling self out of here.
I think it's a kind of toothpaste, Brother or Cousin.

I've never heard of a "Razorback". It looks kind of like a Rhino with a pintle-mounted heavy weapon, but we call them Rhinos with pintle-mounted heavy weapons.

>Assault cannons
>M37

No, but I'd allow a single VDR created vehicle per army if a player wanted.

I just thought it looked cool

>implying the meme legion doesn't have weapons from the future

Who do you think yourself to be in order for you to innovate, the Ordo Reductor?

It might be some of my brothers fiddling around with assault cannons. You know us Bangles. An assault cannon here, and eighty more stuck to it.

Another name to the servitorization list.

>implying the meme legion is capable of having anything original

No. It would start with this thing, then Razorbacks as well, then the Crusader, then the Redeemer, and before you know it people are spamming Grav-cannon centurions.

Are Mastodons any good for their exorbitant price cost? I know that you're paying mostly for the durability of a super transport but it's firepower seems really lacking when I could just take a Spartan and a super heavy with massive fuck off blast templates

When did Kharn become 1st captain

Can I use my GW knight crusader in games of 30k? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but on the 1d4chan for HH tactics it says you can use a 'Questoris Knight Crusader'. Does this extra questoris mean anything or is the model the same and useable in 30k. Cheers

I recon it's after the story "After De'shea", where Eight captain Khârn is the highest ranked surviving captain after the Legion Master and everyone down to the 7th are killed by Angron, having failed to convince him to lead the War Hounds as their Primarch.

You can always just be a Warhound :^)

I'm sure he was always captain of the 8th assault company, and equerry to Angry after De'shea

Can't have the battle cannon + gatling cannon combination but anything else is allowed I think

ANYONE VOTING FOR THE GOD EMPEROR

HORUS FOR PRISON

>Khârn the Bloody
>Captain of the World Eaters 8th Assault Company, the Twice Un-slain, The Ender
I'm not sure about anything, user. I just post quotes.

It seems we need the third person in this thread to help us out here

One of my favourite (in theory) ally/enemy combinations is Salamanders/Emperor's children (whom ally as battle brothers), for a couple of reasons:
>The nature of the EC naturally covers the weaknesses of the Salamanders, i.e. Their slowness
>The Green/Black vs Purple/White colour schemes allow to create a nice contrast, either by going light sallies/dark EC or vise versa.
>Fluff wise, you have a couple of options available for why the army exists: You could be a loyalist element made of survivors from the two Istavaans, or an element of Sallies who bargained their way out of the Dropsite Massacre for traitors, or even led by ex Destroyers, abandoned by their Primarch, who jumped ship when Horus rebelled.

Its an in-universe written document, the narrator could've easily been mistaken in assuming the primarch's equerry is the first company captain like in other legions but in truth Kharn is the exception as he is still the 8th assault company captain while being the primarch's right hand.

Y'know, I don't think I've ever seen that head on a Knight.

I could agree with this. But still, did they ever re-recruit anyone for the seats of 1st to 7th captains? I mean Khârn could be both The Eighth and still be the highest ranked captain by virtue of everyone else above him being dead.

it's probably easier to file it down under

>FW doesn't proofread

case in point;
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Kharn-the-Bloody-8th-Captain-of-the-World-Eaters

De jure he's only 8th company captain but de facto he's first captain.

Goes to show you how little WR care about titles

Bonds of brotherhood and all that, which the war hounds and later world eaters, were big on (in Betrayer), id say that companies would largely promote from their own

Is it odd that I think that Castellax look cooler when you think of the servo-skull in their chest as their head, rather than the dome on the top?

So I am trying to scratch build a Leman Russ model instead of focusing on the election because holy shit I don't want the world to end.

This is all very, veryyyyy WIP, may entirely change later on but so far I am happy with the pose and the general build, but not 100% on the head nor both shoulders and I think I might use a set of Cataphractii legs instead.

Y'know the actual LR model dwarfs that, right? It also looks a lot better.

Please do not mention politics outside of the political board.

>Don't mention politics again.
Got it.

>LR is a lot larger.
I know, but I am working with what I have right now, and as long as both are on 40mm bases I can live with a general size difference.

Why can't Reductor Magi take Jet Packs? It saddens me that I'll never see one leading Thallax into a charge.

Yeah, but if you're going to be making an entire chapter with 5 Praetors, you fluff-rapist, why not go all out and grab the actual Leman with his two doggos?

>why not go all out and grab the actual Leman with his two doggos
I want to play with his current rules, and then see what his actual rules are before I commit to the model. If I don't like his rules, I don't want his model.

>playing for rules
>not playing for fluff
>not buying your Primarch's model just so you can be amazed at it's detail
Tbqh I am quite disappointed in you.

fag...please go back to 40k

>Y'know the actual LR model dwarfs that, right?
What? he's tiny.

>It also looks a lot better.
I dunno about that.

You're not talking about that weird ogre mutant, are you?

>new genestealer hybrids coming out at the same time as a new leman russ model, mirroring this exact magazine ad
what a time to be alive for a warhammer fan.

Dude, he totally looks better.

Seriously, his fluff is pretty awesome too! An Imperial Guard commander who was so good, they tasked him with founding the Space Wolves alongside his two pet wolves and made him a Space Marine? That's cool, man.

His current rules are only a placeholder... they're generic compared to what he'll get when Inferno comes out.

if people don't take classic russ with the new rules, I'll be very sad

Not at all

But theyre cool as fuck

Despite what this dude says, the Crusader is completely usable in 30k.
Pic related is a screenshot (sorry for possibly huge image size) from the most recent Crusade Imperialis Army List.

So yeah. You can use your dakkaknight pretty much however you want.

That's the idea, if I like how he plays now -hopefully- I will like what his actual rules are, and if those real rules play well I have no issue buying that model.
Then retro-converting this one to just be a Pseudo true-Scale marine.

it's pretty retarded that FW did this, because a lot of us 40kids that couldn't into magnets built our Crusaders with the battlecannon + gatling cannon combo, only to find out it's illegal for 30k. I guess all is fair in love and warhammer though, shoulda magnetized.

The melta cannon/ battle cannon doesn't magnetize that well because of the magazine and the little stubber hopper on the side. If it was just a barrel swap sure, but the designs are different enough to trigger most, I think.

>Playing heresy with "whats good" instead of what's cool

Get out of this hobby and stay gone faggot

>Playing 30k
>Not owning your primarch

Man, I just can't agree with you. Sure good rules are fine and all, but 30k is all about the fluff, in my own opinion. Playing otherwise is to invite the cancer that is currently the problem of 40k.

>Play IF
>Rogal sucks unless you take his pimp mobile

At least I have sigismund with a helmet

The whole point is that, regardless of rules, it's weird not to own the primarch of your favourite legion.

It's all about the fluff and the hobby, man.

I'd take him if he had a model, sure he sucks and his rules are all over the place but that many eagles will look baller as fuck.

He doesn't suck, he just proves how better Pert is than him.

If the rogal dorn model looks cool I might change my tune, and I have high hopes they will go with a stoic pose rather than an action pose which should reduce the chance of him having a dick sucking face.

This is the real IF Primarch.

Its K, Nostramo was burned to the ground a lot then 'sploded anyway.

Added a shield from the thunderwolves set, I like it a lot on the model.

It's a relatively big investment for one model, thats my hang up- I would rather flush out other parts of my army first before buying LR, and this is a good stop gap.
I can play with the model, and not spend another dime on LR until Inferno comes out, and what money I may spend goes into actually making my army worth fielding.

Yeah, I really wish I could deep strike Dorn somehow. I'd love to be able to attach him to a deep-striking TH+SS Terminator squad.

goddamn do I like this conversion so far.

I sure wish perty could deepstrike with his beep boops

>it's weird not to own the primarch of your favourite legion.
not particularly

primarchs all being totally out of scale with the marines turned me right off

Any idea's to help it?

>Meanwhile in the IVth

You want them to be bigger? I think they look fine.

You're going to love daemon Magnus then.

>this much waacfaggotry.
>shitty plastic "conversion".
>He even got a fucking trip.

Eugh, back to /40kgen/ with you.

I cant fucking wait for plastic Dorn, this time he'll be more machine than eagle!

absolutely none, this is the best converting I've ever done and it's still mid-tier

p-please tell me you corrected those mold lines

Smaller. Primarchs being 54mm dudes walking around 28mm dudes look ridiculous.

How did you make the basic Primarch sized frame? I've been wanting to kitbash my ocdonutsteel Lost Legion Primarch, and I just need a way to make a Primarch scale armoured form, the customizing I can handle later.

Plastic Tartaros legs.
Plastic Tartaros torso front with the four flanges cut down to allow the plastic torso back from a regular marine pack, allowing contact with both pieces head.... shelf thingy.

This very losely based off of the 'Death of a Rubricist- how to make a true scale marine' guide, using the bits I had available.

hahahaha *laughs bitter tears*

He did it in angel exterminatus, I don't see why FW can't agree

Y'all need mo' muthafukin' eagles.