Board discussion thread

Are we allowed to have a board discussion thread yet? Veeky Forums and /qst/ seem to be the only boards that aren't allowed to have them.

Already used the one thread limit, go back to /qa/.

Sadly the people here don't like uncomfortable truths.

As an /a/utist I can tell you that the threads we used to have on the topic were some of the worst that /a/ has had to suffer. Don't do this to your board.

Meta threads are and will always be cancer.

>>>out

Meta threads are almost always the worst threads, so people make a point to avoid them. They're what led to quests getting banished to /qst/, but ultimately, it's a place for angry people to get angry about everything relating to their board, and no one wants to deal with that. There are more constructive uses of your time than violently shitting all over the walls because someone gave you the space to do so.

We might have more luck with them if you weren't always using them as a vehicle for your butthurt over the existence of /qst/.

I think this board is occupied by limp-wristed manbabies that got beat up a lot in school.

The were told by teachers and parents that, as a nerd, they would rule over the undermench that was everybody else.

This false ego led them into deeper waters they were not equipped for, college, maybe an apprenticeship, maybe even just moving out on their own, or that book they were working on (what a child prodigy).

Now they work McJobs or work has HTML slaves in the back of some office.

Their fantasy isn't even their own fantasy.

You people are pathetic and it oozes out of every single fucking post. I hate all of you so much. I know this only describes MAYBE 30% of you at the most but it certainly is the larges single demographic on this board and you should know you are universally hated and you should fucking kill yourselves.

We don't need one. Shit works fine, we don't want quests back.

This.

>questfag status: still pushed off our board

Feels so good.

>Veeky Forums and /qst/ seem to be the only boards that aren't allowed to have them.

Wrong, meta threads are banned on every board, and for good reason.

Fuck off.

You're one retarded little man. Keep up with the rule changes, grandma.

>I take of my pants and cuddle waifu longingly

Stay dead questfag

Look at the OP pic

Nah your just shitposting

based

We should use these threads to discuss how cute Ribbon is.

5/10 trying too hard.

quoted for truth

Sounds like a description of my brother desu

Then what the fuck are you even doing here?

Limp-wristed manbaby detected.

How about you learn some goddamn self esteem you queer?

Our OC is cancerous. I am sick of the fucking
>Veeky Forums makes the best shit
>we make so much funny stuff
>we are soooooo funny
>I am so funny
>I'm great
>I'm really fucking great

You guys literally just suck each other off ALL FUCKING DAY. Literally an echo chamber worse than /pol/. I only come here for the PDF's and spoiler coverage for various hobbies I have.

The quests created these fucking toxic generals because common interests had to be shoved together to float to the front page. The SWG is fucking trash, 40k is alright, wip is not actually critical and nobody improves, AoS is a trash thread after another.

Same trip fags

Same "oh man remember 40 threads ago when somebody edited 1d4chan and typed about Abbadon having NO ARMS and how BAD possessed are" or "Draw my Twi'lek waifu with huge oily tits"

This board is literally my megaupload link aggregator, occasionally a place to grab painting tips user, and honestly I can have some in depth discussion but it is becoming rarer and rare these days.

This is the reason meta threads should be avoided.
Also Veeky Forums has always been a pretty good board with a decent culture. The banning of quests made it even better because the don't force other threads to be perma bumped. They never bothered me, but imho the board in general is in a better state now.
Other than that, why discuss/fix what isn't broken? If you want to see a board that needs fixing for example just visit Veeky Forums. They have all the bad sides of Veeky Forums (or pretty much any board) forced memes,shilling,shitposting etc. but no actual good or interesting content.
Really Veeky Forums is fine right now.

>must rewrite history to make me feel better and sound reasonable!

Fine. Don't be woke niggas.

This board has maybe 2 years left in it, TOPS.

You take this Korean rice field much to seriously.

>woke
Ok well your obviously either retarded or shitposting, good job ousting yourself.

>t. guy in 2014

Kek

>The banning of quests made it even better because the don't force other threads to be perma bumped.
That you think this is even possible in sad and frightening.

>toxic generals
>lack of critical shit in wip threads.
>shit memes
not that objectionable.
>woke
nigger what.

I love it when someone actually takes this shit seriously and acts like a complete retard in these threads and everyone joins together to laugh at them.

These are the moments that remind me why I come here.

My best guess is you're on of those /pol/fag mad at constantly getting his threads shit on because Veeky Forums doesn't like to have (and or) isn't the place to have opinions of real-world politics.

And as a whole laughs at your retarded 'red pill' 'stay woke' bullshit as you hate on everything and everyone that isn't far right wing white male.

How so? I never read a single post in a quest thread in the ~7 years I visit this board now. They never bothered me either, but I just feel like non generals lasting for more than half a day is a nice thing. I also think that most generals are pretty good and the general/non-general ratio is pretty decent right now.

That's nice and all, but Ribbon is cute.

@50466294
Thanks for the (you) Mr. Tryhard

>far right wing white male
>white male
diff user, liberal use of such a word makes you seem out of place
Please if you want to appear as if you belong here you out to not use such terminalogy.
>red pill
i believe that's a plebbit term and not a /pol/tard term
please redirect yourself there, it may be a more comfortable place for you to post.

also
>/pol/tard using "woke" a "trendy" milinial term that seems to be used as if it was the far left's redpill
>complains about people being useless
>worse echo chamber than /pol/

it doesn't squawk like a pollack

>twitter reply format
Okay, /pol/tard. Time to turn off the computer and detox.

>red pill
>i believe that's a plebbit term and not a /pol/tard term
/pol/tards use it constantly, what are you talking about?

Well if anything at least this thread shows us why metathreads are awful and anyone who starts them should be banned.

I think naming this board "traditional games" was a mistake. It doesn't give people a good idea of what the board offers. Something like "Board/Roleplaying Games" would have been better.

To be honest, all things considered, Veeky Forums is one of the better boards on the website. I rarely see nsfw content last long, and people here are not complete assholes to each other.

>/pol/tards use it constantly, what are you talking about?
I have never seen a /pol/tard use it
then again i don't go out of my way to interact with /pol/

the fuck do you determine he's a fucking /pol/tard from that 8 word post?
i'd like those crazy mind powers you got there user.

Then why are you acting like you know what you're talking about if you don't interact with the people who your trying to say don't use such terminology?

/pol/tard here, Redpill is used ironically or for shitposting.

>you can read comics on /co/
>you can fap on /hc/
>but you can't play RPGs on the RPG board

No just small segments of them are complete assholes to other people.

Why aren't questscum happy to have their own board?

Because assholes who don't make, play, or read quests forced it on them with the help of a mod who doesn't give a shit.

Alright, you want to know what the problem with Veeky Forums is?

We've forgotten that we used to be one of the nicer boards. Remember when Veeky Forums would encourage writers and artists to produce work? Remember when we had a mentality of NOT caring what other people thought when we posted something? Remember when the board wasn't anti-OC?

is right. A lot of our memes were shit. Then again, we also did some awesome stuff, like Ruby Quest.

We've become so concerned with disallowing content under one creed or the other, whether it was because we claimed Veeky Forums was only for discussion, or because Quests were annoying, or because not everything we made was perfect, that we've created a mentality of hate as to content as a whole, so nobody posts anything anymore, and all of our artists and Authors have moved onto greener pastures.

Honestly, I'll take the shittiest of drawings, the worst of writings that Veeky Forums can produce, as long as it was done in earnest by Someone who was genuinely trying to create something, not just start up a meme.

>Implying any quest was even remotely similar to an RPG
>Implying it wasn't an excuse to circlejerk about anime waifus
>Implying any questfag gave a single shit about the hobby
>Implying questfags weren't just attention whoring with their oh so original anime quest #3675

Because they lost one of the major things that kept them going, a high traffic board, which killed many of the shit quests that relied solely on that to survive, and are the ones incessantly bitching like 12 yearolds

Because @50466603 it how twitter replies are made, dumbfuck. And there isn't a /pol/tard in the world without the ego to think that their twitter doesn't matter to the health of the body politic.

Hope your happy with the fact that no one will read all of that.

>Then why are you acting like you know what you're talking about if you don't interact with the people who your trying to say don't use such terminology?
you are aware of where you are posting right?
you need to work on your reading comprehension.
I do not go out of my way to talk to /pol/tards
that doesn't mean i do not, i just occasionally see them here.
so unless you intentionally go and shit post on pol or seek them out then you could reasonably be assumed to know the same amount of information i do.
in otherwords you are talking out of your ass and complaining that i do

>Because assholes who don't make, play, or read quests forced it on them

So?
It's like a Doctor giving a vaccine to a baby.
The baby may not like it but the Doctor is just doing the best thing for society.

But user, I've never had a twitter account, nor do I want one.

user we're all shitposting here, why do you think I'd put any thought into anything? I appreciate what you have said though.

Because the board was poorly designed with terrible rules that the mods did nothing to fix for the week or so that the feedback sticky was up, and then they just let it sit there ignored for a few months before deciding MISSION ACCOMPLISHED and started rerouting threads to it.

The rules of /qst/ say that all threads have to be an active quest. That's like if Veeky Forums had a rule saying all threads have to be about the rules of a traditional game. There's no way for it to develop a community.

And that's leaving aside obvious things like quests alone not having enough traffic to warrant an entire board. Maybe if all the CYOA/risk/whatever other board games got lumped in and they called it /games/ or something it could work, but it's too narrow a focus with too narrow rules as it is, and the mods were told that repeatedly and they didn't listen.

>Because @50466603 it how twitter replies are made, dumbfuck
>he uses twitter which means he's a /pol/tard.
>even though farrighters have been banned from writter
nigga you dumb.

You mean enforcing the stagnation of the society by telling people who still have some creativity to get the fuck off "their" board., thereby reducing the amount of creativity on a board that used to be the bastion of creativity?

Some vaccines can kill you.

>Why aren't questscum happy to have their own board?

Imagine if you browsed Veeky Forums and enjoyed threads about transmissions. Transmission threads got popular, and people started complaining that they weren't "really Veeky Forums". Then a mod gets power and creates a new board called /trans/ and makes a sticky on Veeky Forums that says "all transmission threads must be posted on /trans/".

Most of the posters on Veeky Forums aren't going to lurk a new board on the off chance that they'll see something they like, so most of the posters who know how transmissions work stay on Veeky Forums. The only people on /trans/ are a few dedicated transmission enthusiasts, transvestites, and people who came to the board thinking it had something to do with Joy Division. None of the threads go anywhere because only a few people on /trans/ actually know anything about cars.

Then a few months later some people on Veeky Forums start complaining that gearshift threads aren't Veeky Forums-related

>quests
>creativity
also
>anti-vaxxer

Remember when Veeky Forums could be decent people at times, could have empathy for other users on the board, and actually gave a fuck? That's all I want to see happen.

They were not creative in the least, sure when they were new, but they just became the homogenized garbage they are today, like most things on this site.

I think we have already established that Veeky Forums chased off the last few people who had imagination, user. Your comparisons aren't going to mean anything to these people.

No not really, you just have selective memory, just as much as the ones shouting it's always been shit.

I really hate it when faggots use those two guys as some sort of Saint proxies, because 9/10 times it's just some idiot acting like an idiot, and when people tell him to fuck off, he pulls out Mr. Rogers and asks "WHY SO MEAN TO ME?!?"

>Veeky Forums chased off the last few people who had imagination
that was a LOOOOONG time ago
before quests were kicked out.
the golden days are over.

Last time we had a board discussion thread somebody posted the one guy one jar gif

I think this summed up what we needed to talk about in the meta thread quite nicely. Now we should let it die.

I said COULD be, not always was. Veeky Forums was never all of one thing. However when it had a more positive mentality things were a bit better.

>quest people only did quests and nothing else
Uh huh. Way to show your intellectual superiority by being dumb, user.

>I only hear what I want to hear.
>My reading comprehension is shit.
>I don't actually know anything about Veeky Forums.

yeah for some reason Veeky Forums janitors seem to ignore hiros instrutions
hopefully he will notice that soon and fire those faggots on the spot

Actually, that's exactly what I'm asking. What's the reason for all the hate, all the time? Isn't the whole point of this board to shoot the shit about stuff we like?

All I'm asking is for a bit more focus on board etiquette.

Yeah but positivity and fun went out the window years ago in favor of shitposting and being pissed and unhappy with everything, look at the constant bitching about casters, or this thread, no one is ever content with anything anymore, it's always something, even if it's not an issue, it will be, if only because someone is desperate for attention.

Maybe if you stopped earning hate you'd stop getting it?

ie., quit being a faggot.

Sounds like good old natural selection in action. When conditions are good shit breeds and even weak survive, when they're then subjected to harsher conditions the weak die and those fit to survive pass their genes on.

I guess? I mean it's a bit simpler than natural selection but it's something like that, yeah.

>Most of the posters on Veeky Forums aren't going to lurk a new board on the off chance that they'll see something they like

They will if they like transmissions.

Lets be honest here, Veeky Forums stopped being good in '08-'09.

The board has only improved since quests were removed. Quests were paracites that relied on this boards traffic.

This board is a hug box that will not accept criticism against companies for blatant pandering to certain groups and turn to ad hominems arguments instead or addressing the issue at hand. This is enforced by like minded mods.

Veeky Forums is already one of the tamest boards. I'm all in for a decent amount of etiquette, but anything more than now would be reddit tier moderation. Go there if you think people here are too mean.

>This board is a hug box that will not accept criticism against companies for blatant pandering to certain groups
and i thought the quests totaly took up half the board guys folk made the most incorrect statments

Warhammer 40k would be best name

>high traffic board, which killed many of the shit quests that relied solely on that to survive
The opposite happened actually. It takes a week for threads to die over on /qst/, so quality in general has taken a nosedive. The high traffic of Veeky Forums means that threads only last 2 hours, and that acted as a culling mechanism for quests worth the attention versus those that don't.

>Sounds like good old natural selection in action. When conditions are good shit breeds and even weak survive, when they're then subjected to harsher conditions the weak die and those fit to survive pass their genes on.

I agree, Veeky Forums was better when it was unmoderated because it forced the people who couldn't ignore things that they didn't like to either become lolcows or leave the board.

But that's not how natural selection works

Veeky Forums was better when the only moderation was against cp, spam, and tripfag trolls.

And pray tell what are these "certain groups"?

Considering we hate shoehorning of LGBTs into things, it's not going to be that. We don't mind ethnics in games and most people who do are /pol/acks stirring their race war so it's not going to be that...

You're going to say 'casuals' aren't you, you fucking /v/irgin?

Any pandering. It doesn't matter.

>Quests were paracites that relied on this boards traffic

What kind of threads on Veeky Forums DON'T rely on the board's traffic? It seems like every thread on Veeky Forums is a parasite thread, because every thread needs posters to survive.

You're 100% right. I've been on Veeky Forums for years, it used to be this amazing source of OC, one of the only board that made good stuff all the time: art, writing, CYOAs, even quests.

Now the art and writefags are gone, quests are banished, the quantity and quality of OC has dropped so badly.

I was going to write more, then I realized I'm just paraphrasing your post. I mourn for old Veeky Forums, it was a magical place. Now you DO need the other boards, there not much left here

No one accepts criticism over pandering because the pandering has no actual bearings on the games people on Veeky Forums play. It's fluff. It's newbie suggestions. It's text that's supposed to gently introduce normies with the most inoffensive and inclusive language possible. And it's ALWAYS been there. If it's not gender fluidity, it's equality of the sentient races, no matter alignment. What, you gonna cry because they're pandering to blacks and mulattoes now?

I don't understand why morons like you cry about this sort of shit. If you don't wanna read it go find the SRD and come up with your own fluff and characters, you little bitch. Sorry they pandered to someone other than your salty ass.

Those thread attract posters.
If quests attracted posters in the same way then the questfags wouldn't complain about their dead board.

Being high traffic killed the shit quests FASTER. Threads with no replies would drop off the board in no time, and nobody would have to see shit quests.

/qst/ is 95% abandoned quests, and of the remaining 5%, maybe 2% are actually good. Anyone with any sense has gone to Akun rather than stay on a dead board.

Quests were never an exclusive activity, they did best when they supplemented regular Veeky Forums interests, e.g. 40k quests for the 40k fags, generic fantasy for the D&D fags etc. They don't work in isolation because basically nobody supports the medium as a concept, they're interested in the content.

/qst/ is like an art museum dedicated to brush-strokes with no paintings. Who the fuck would go there, except by accident?