Let's (try) to play The Realms of Atlantasia

Welcome to Atlantasia, a weird and wonderful world where level 1 characters with whips have a 35% chance to slip and kill themselves whenever they miss, where there's more kinds of Elf than any other race, where Gnomes are Turbo-Kender, where combat turns last seven minutes and where the most common cause of death is horny dragons.

This thread is an attempt to actually try to make and play characters in one of the truly great bad RPGs out there, Realms of Atlantasia, a game that has 550 pages of pure bullshit with no registry nor table of contents.

Inspired by old Fecht threads, particularly FATAL Fecht threads, where we'd pit two characters against each other in a fight to the death, my goal is for you guys to pick, roll and fluff out a total of eight fighters (if we get that far), in a grand tourney to the death. Since this is a honourable test of martial strength we will not be rolling any spellcasters this time around. Maybe later.

>TL;DR: We make incompetent characters in a shit system and have them fight for our amusement

Rolled 3, 6, 7, 9, 2, 8, 8, 5, 9, 7, 7, 7, 8, 4, 2 = 92 (15d10)

Since we're not insane, we'll not be making all eight character at once. We'll start by making our first pair of fighters, and then have them fight.

I'll also mention that I've made two important houserules to the game.
First of all, since chargen in this thing is lengthy and horrible, I've removed everything that doesn't have to do with combat. Seriously, the original character sheet is nine pages including spells.
Secondly, I've made some changes to the way you roll for cash, since the original way to do this is actually completely unusable.

Fighters from all over Atlantasia have come to Baba-Luna to participate in the Grand Tourney, all eager to win the fame, glory and gold awarded to a champion. Who will be our first warrior?

>Pick race, roll 4d100
Your choices are Human, Elf, Dwarf and Gnome. The first roll determines your Social Class, the second determines if you're ambidextrous, the third and forth determined handed weapon proficiency.

Rolled 58, 34, 36, 97 = 225 (4d100)

Dwarf.
The opponent better be a knifeear.

Forgot to mention what that first roll was for.
I'm rolling three times 5d10 (so 15d10) to get us started by generating base attributes. You roll a d10 three times for each skill, and keep the highest.

We rolled Strength 7, Constitution 9, Dexterity 9, Agility 7, and Mental Quickness 8.
That's pretty respectable for a level 1 character. It's fully possible in this game to roll much worse. In one of my test characters I rolled a Elf that had a 11% chance to hit with an attack, and that was too weak to use any good weapons or wear any good armour. There is no fucking balance.

Our first fighter is a Middle Class Dwarf, he's not ambidextrous, is 36% weapon proficient with his left hand and 97% weapons proficient with his right hand. That's pretty good.

>Pick class, roll 6d100
Your options are: Warrior, Bard, Spy, Assassin.

Rolled 2, 29, 96, 89, 57, 12 = 285 (6d100)

Assassin
With 9 dex and 97% right hand, we'll be...
DEATHBEARD THE FELL HANDED

Rolled 87 (1d100)

Deathbeard the Fell Handed (now with 8 Dex because of his Dwarven nature) is a Assassin of the Shadow-Walker subclass. He's worth (1d6+2d10)x100 Gold Coins, and has two magical items.
First of all he gets to roll on the magic weapons table, and one of his armour items can be chosen to give extra defence
I'll roll 1d100 I forgot to ask about first, then do a LP (HP) roll for me.

>I need one roll of 2d8 and one roll of 1d4

Is 'rebirths' just a fancy word for years? Why people feel the need to do this yes I'm looking at you White Wolf.

Rolled 4, 4 = 8 (2d8)

Dice give us a magic dagger for the maximum cliche!

Rolled 99 (1d100)

That's another magical item.

Rolling to see what magical weapon we get.

Yes.
1 turn of combat is 1 Semi-Segment.
2 Semi-Segments is 1 Segment.
20 Segment is 1 Cycle.
360 Cycles is one Rebirth.
It's spectacularly retarded.

Rolled 56 (1d100)

>99
That's a magical lance. Rolling to see which lance.

Rolled 3 (1d4)

Deathbeard the Fell Handed has a Magical Lance of Quake, doing an additional 1d10 "quake damage" on every attack.

I think I have everything I need now, give me a minute.

Wait what one turn of combat takes half an hour?

>quake damage

TREMBLE WITH FEAR, FOR YOU ARE FINISHED!

Rolled 4 (1d6)

There, now I just need to roll cash and we can gear him up.

It makes no sense, your guess is as good as mine. This game is absolute garbage, as you will see once we reach combat.

>Hit: 37%

.... that's quite pitiful

Rolled 6, 2 = 8 (2d8)

Imagine how fucking long this takes if you don't strip it down. There's three or four rolls just to determine your birthday, and I had to houserule the wealth system.

Buy leather everything for armor, we have an assassin reputation to hold up.

We have 1200 GC to shop with.

It's actually really good. I've rolled 11% in a test.

Sure thing.

I think studded leather is acceptable, on account of dwarf.

Possibly buy throwing axes instead of throwing knives for the same reason.

Those weapon prices are pretty steep...
I take it that finding the stats for those and armor is not an easy task? Sure can't think of a reason why they would be listed in the equipment section.

Fair warning, ranged is sort of impossible, because the writers forgot ranged mechanics.

The actual stats are not in the equipment section, that would be weird.

>we're gonna have to roll weapon durability every time a weapon is used
>large weapons are somehow more durable than smaller weapons
>individual arrows have durability

I don't know if I'm ready for this...

Does this seem fine?

Just pray the weapon doesn't disintegrate on the first round of combat, because there's no unarmed/grapping rules.

>spoiler

I assume you just attack with it?

Yeah, that's good.

So what's the reason to pick scimitar over long sword since both have the same damage and durability, but the scimitar is over twice as expensive?

Rolled 8, 10, 4, 3, 7, 1, 2, 4, 8, 2, 5, 10, 5, 7, 1 = 77 (15d10)

>Pick a race and roll 4d100.
Options are Human, Elf, Dwarf, Gnome.

Presumably, but with there being no mechanical differences between melee and ranged weapons, you either have to make all weapons melee or all weapons ranged.

Unless there's any dissent, I'm going to move on to Deathbeard's opponent.

There's absolutely no reason.

>that pic
That's almost Axe Cop levels of lore.

Rolled 35, 85, 32, 26 = 178 (4d100)

Elf.

Rolled 96, 55, 100, 14 = 265 (4d100)

Let's reignite the old Dwarf/Elf feud

Rolled 8, 5, 9, 1, 2, 5, 5, 10, 4, 10, 5, 7, 3, 5, 9 = 88 (15d10)

>making fun of the glorious lore of atlantasia

Which Kind of Elf?
There's Sun Elves, Moon Elves, Forest Elves, Prairie Elves, Sea Elves, Mountain Elves and Shai Elves.

Too late, but I'll use these rolls as well.

honestly? It ain't as good as Axe Cop

Sea Elf.

Yeah, let's be Sea Elf. Typhoon Wavebreaker enters the field!

Rolled 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 = 15 (15d1)

Typhoon Wavebreaker, our Sea Elf is Low Class, not ambidextrous, has 32% proficiency with his left hand, and 26% proficient with his left hand.

Also I just remembered to apply Deathbeard's proficiency bonus to his chance to hit, which is now an astounding 46%.

>Pick a class and roll 3d100
As a Sea Elf, our possible classes are Sailor and Spy.

And so it shall be.

>Typhoon Knee

>Rolled 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 = 15 (15d1)
kek

Swarthy Sailor elf, please

Rolled 30, 92, 69 = 191 (3d100)

What the actual fuck.

Sailor it is!
Just going to finish up the finance rolls.

Rolled 25, 65 = 90 (2d100)

Typhoon's subclass is Navigator, he has (1d6+2d8)x100 cash, and one magical ring.

Rolled 4 (1d6)

He has a Ring of Darkness, meaning that he's inside a 15 foot sphere of darkness,

Rolled 6, 3 = 9 (2d8)

And final roll for cash.

... are there concealment rules? Are they... good?

Let's get him the best body armor and helmet we can get, but leave the rest unprotected. Cat o nine tails is maritime enough weapon for him.

Rolled 3, 1 = 4 (2d8)

Of course not.
His ring is completely useless, but it guarantees no one will see the fight, making this a bad spectator sport.

He has 1300 GC, see charts

Oh, and I forgot we need to roll his health!
Give me a 2d10 for his LP.

Rolled 3, 2 = 5 (2d10)

here's hoping for two

Alright, studded leather body, steel helmet, and cat o nine tails. Rest is spent on rum.

...I can't but help to notice that while our weapon only does d4 damage, it gets NINE attacks per turn (unlike any other weapon). Balance!

And unless there's any objections, Deathbeard the Fell Handed and Typhoon Wavebreaker appear to be statted up completely.

Almost got what you wanted. Typhoon is dead meat.

Can't afford all that, he only had 1300, but we can take a leather helm with enough money for leather shin guards.

It's laughably broken.

he's an elf fighting a dorf, what did you expect?

According to my (Admitedly poor) math, assuming a 6 second turn in combat, 1 rebirth is 24 hours

ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE?

Before we start, I'd just like to let you marvel at this game's mavellous combat system, and inform everyone that one single attack involves everything from three to six rolls.
So, do we really go with rules-as-written and let Typhoon attack nine times every single fucking turn, or do we merge his attack into a single 9d4 roll instead?
That's up to you guys to decide.

Also, there's a very likely chance that they'll just slip and kill themselves.

Highest Dex goes first, so once I've heard your opinion, it's Typhoon's turn.

>WHIP THE WAVES INTO FURY

9 attacks. Means we have 9 chance to fumble.

Rolled 59 (1d100)

single 9d4 roll is slightly more sane option, let's go with that. I roll for attack?

if we roll all the d4s into one we also gonna have to add all the modifiers rolled into one attack, which'll end up being 9d4+18, so I reckon we go for full fumble potential instead

Speaking of time, I'd like to tell everyone that Atlantasia is a magical realm for dragonfuckers.
For 40 Cycles every Rebirth (whatever these terms mean), there's a 30% chance that a PC will just disappear from the game forever.
EVEN IF we really think that a Rebirth is as long as a year (which makes one Semi-Segment combat turn 1/200th of a day), this more or less means that every year, a third of the population is killed by interdimentional dragon sex.

Anyone want to be the tiebreaker here?

Rolled 23, 60, 11, 90, 27, 89, 69, 47 = 416 (8d100)

see
we'll make them separate attacks after all. Eight more attack rolls ahoy!

Tie broken, insanity chosen.

The sun is high in the sky, and the tourney grounds outside the city of Baba-Luna have grown sweltering. Before a howling crowd of spectators stands one leather-clad Dwarf, and a huge sphere of complete darkness. Elf presumably inside.

Start of combat!
Typhon Wavebreaker's turn, 1st attack!

>59

Typhoon misses! Roll 1d100 to see what happens.

Rolled 39 (1d100)

Rolled 5 (1d6)

Actually, ignore that last post, let's just use these.
Three hits, six misses.

Let's resolve the fumbles first, roll 2d100.

The first fumble!
Typhoon's whip misses and hits something hard, I'll roll 1d6 to see how much durability it lost.

Wait, the fuck up is a separate roll not the difference by how much you missed by?

Rolled 5 (1d6)

That's a 5, and the miss table clearly says that this damage should be multiplied by 5.
On his very fist attack, Typhoon's whip takes 25 durability damage.
A Cat o' Nine Tails only has 6 durability, and the whip is completely ripped apart by the force of Typhoon's swing.

Still need to resolve 2 more fumbles.

Oh god no, that would be much too sensible.

Rolled 49, 49 = 98 (2d100)

this is a thing of beauty

Heh.

Cat-o-nine officially broken.

... so typhoon has basically atomised his whip.

Typhoon's whip takes another two rounds of 1d6x5 damage, but I think it's too late for that to matter, the poor weapon has already disintegrated.

Roll 6d100 to see where we hit Deathbeard.

>if a female elf was ever raped by another race she would commit suicide
I find it hilarious how the creator of this is too unimaginative and bound to DnD to just say "elves can't breed with other races".

Instead he makes all elves without question total cunts and gives That Guys everywhere ideas to do some really fucked up things.

You know, I'm starting to think that even the creator has not actually played his game. This is just a completely non-functional mess not a ruleset.

I mean, would the rest of the attacks happen if it got destroyed on the first hit?

Can you imagine how it to was to be in this guys group when he was making this? He credits several people, so someone clearly had a chance to stop him.
Also, I've never seen as many blatant DMPCs as in this book.

Which is why WE need to play it for him.

The book certainly doesn't make it clear, but I'd like to rule it that way. It all happens within the same span of time.
Also the insanity of that is more fun.

Rolled 90, 92, 48, 12, 41, 53 = 336 (6d100)

I thought that typhoon was a glass canon, but this is just ridiculous

>He credits several people
I see, so it's actually a death note.

Does the game have official forums? Reading those might answer many questions (i.e. are these people just trolling us)

Hits:
Lower Abdomen or Forearms: 2
Chest or Upper Arms: 3
Lower Legs: 1

Let's start with the legs.
Roll 1d2 for which leg we hit.

There's a website, I think.

Rolled 2 (1d2)

This is a tome of insanity.

Rolled 73, 96 = 169 (2d100)

Right leg!

To speed things up, I'll do some rolls myself.

Rolling first to see the severity of our strike, and then Deathbeard's defence.

Rolled 12, 98 = 110 (2d100)

>73
>x3 damage
Ouch.

>96
>attack glances off armor (damage is x1/4; armor takes 1d4 off durability
Luckily Deathbeard is clad in quality Dwarven leather armour.

Can someone give me a 2d4+2 to see how much that hurt?

dorf no fall. dorf stronk

Rolled 3, 1 + 2 = 6 (2d4 + 2)

Rolled 1, 2 + 4 = 7 (2d4 + 4)

let's try that again

So, that's 2+3 damage towards his LP and 2 towards his armour.
Deathbeard's right shin guard is ripped straight off him by the force of the blow!

The damage is 5x3=15, but reduced to one fourth, meaning Deathbeard loses 3 LP!

Give me 4d2 to see where he's hit in his upper body.

Rolled 1, 2, 2, 2 = 7 (4d2)

hope that didn't ruin the beard

Rolled 2, 1 = 3 (2d2)

Sorry, that's 1 durability damage, his armour is not destroyed.

Just be glad he wasn't decapitated.
Though I suppose the game never outright states that decapitation means death.

Just let me get another 2d2 in that I forgot to ask about.

"but you were decapitated! You can't keep on fighting!" "It's just a flesh wound. I've had worse"

Rolled 1, 2 = 3 (2d2)

So, that's one hit in the upper chest and two hits in the right upper arm.
The game doesn't actually feature any armour that explicitly covers the upper arms, so I'm going to housrule that it's covered by the torso armour.

Give me 6d100, the first three for severity and the remaining three for Deathbeard's magical lance blocking.

Rolled 51, 22, 46, 40, 74, 3 = 236 (6d100)

Real Dorfs never die.

>www.realmsofatlantasia.com’s server DNS address could not be found
Sheeeeeeit

Rolled 10 (1d10)

Okay, so:

Attack one, towards the upper chest, hits with average strength, but Deathbeard's block is late and takes full damage. In addition his armour takes 1d10 damage.

Attack two, towards the right upper arm also hits with average severity, and Deathbeard is able to block, taking only half damage, in addition to 1d8 armour damage.

Attack three, also towards the right upper arm with average severity is made stronger by the fact that Deathbeard walks into it, taking x3 damage and 2d20 armour damage.

Friendly reminder that you guys asked for Typhoon to have nine attacks. This is the future you chose.

I'll roll armour damage if someone can give me 3d4.

Rolled 5 (1d8)

Jesus fuck, I don't think I've ever spent this long on a single person's action in a single turn of combat.
Why would someone write a 550 page book about his homebrew but not even playtest the combat rules?

Rolled 14, 12 = 26 (2d20)

Atlantasia should ban Cat o' Nine Tails, they're essentially like explosives made of leather.
>crack a whip at someone
>whip blows up and everyone nearby might die

If I roll under 15, Deathbeard's armour is not destroyed.

Rolled 4, 4, 3 = 11 (3d4)

More like Deadbeard.

Rolled 2, 1, 2 = 5 (3d4)

Rolled 1, 4 = 5 (2d20)

>roll to see which area of the body you hit
>roll to see where on that area
>roll to see if it's on the left of the right
>no way to just decide where you hit someone
I hate this so much. Why can't you just aim your attack?

So, the first attack is 4+2, meaning DB lost 6 LP.
The second attack is also 4+2, but it's blocked and reduced to 3 LP.
The third attack is 3+2, but it increased to 15, meaning Deathbeard loses a total of 24 LP, which makes him a very dead Dwarf.

IT IS OVER, DEATHBEARD THE FELL HANDED HAS FALLEN TO THE MIGHT OF TYPHOON WAVEBREAKERS EXPLOSIVE WHIP

I still think the whip should have exploded on the first swing.

Deathbeard may be dead, but Typhoon is now unarmed for the next round.

Truly, an epic combat.

I opened the catalog, and saw this thread, and then IMMEDIATELY jumped in to say "No! don't waste your life! as I have!" But then i saw you have successfully created and run a simple combat in no time at all. You even pre-made flowcharts to speed the creation. Well done you.