Horus Heresy General /hhg/

With Our Prayers Edition
War kite Sub-Edition
Breaking news: DAfags can rest easy knowing some trees have been burned. In the last thread we got comfy and learned that the Space Wolves are actually marine flavored Exodites, Reaver privilege was discussed along with Primarch helmets, the Custodes' rather lacking huge sword was mentioned, an user told us about his candle-lit game, and we discovered what kind of Kites the NLs fly plus much more >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

aarondembskibowden.wordpress.com/2012/02/22/dear-fuchsia-part-iiib-dear-alexander/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD9BzszmV1c
sciencealert.com/cosmic-cloud-contains-enough-alcohol-to-keep-the-world-world-drinking-for-a-billion-years
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I get that "Daddy Issues" is a popular meme and Aaron seems to have an issue with authority figures, but I would like to point out that he has said in the past that his birth father was a wife beater. Let's cut him some slack, ok?

>My biological father (you’re not named for him, don’t sweat it) was an alcoholic who beat my mum.

aarondembskibowden.wordpress.com/2012/02/22/dear-fuchsia-part-iiib-dear-alexander/

>tfw no 30K pen and paper RPG

The Emperor did worse

ADB's just calling him on his shit.

Holy heck we were right! I feel bad for the guy, but now I'm at least 90% sure he's taking his issues with his dad out on Emps.
Just modify Deathwatch.

>Let's cut him some slack, ok?
Nah. He's getting paid to write bad novels.

Some online criticism won't fucking kill him.

Nah. If he can't divorce his personal issues from his writing, then he shouldn't be writing. And daddy issues don't let him get away with all his shit retcons and the whole "the webway was the real source of conflict between emps and chaos, the horus heresy was just a side plot" thing.

Granted, most of BL is just as shit and almost everyone there deserves some ire because of how they've treated the HH, but ADB still needs to get over his issues.

I hate Kylo Ren now. Fucker being too sexy and distracting me when I'm trying to husbando Konrad

Iron Warrior GM runs a campaign in between war zones.

What exactly is the difference between Horus Heresy and Standard 40k? How does it play differently?

The entire Horus Heresy setting is something an Iron Warrior GM or a group of Iron Warrior GMs homebrewed up during their downtime?

>liking anything about a new hope awakens 2: quantum boogaloo
Your ahit taste will never cease to amaze me curzefag

>What exactly is the difference between Horus Heresy and Standard 40k?
the units

that's it

>the light inside is broken but I still work.jpg

>What exactly is the difference between Horus Heresy and Standard 40k?
About ten thousand years.

If it makes you feel any better, he's the only thing I like about the entire SW franchise

25% lord of war limitation
Only troops score
Everyone uses one force org, no unbound

Better balance over all.

Awww, I wanted it to be a meme.

Gonna try my hand at a version of my BR i guess.

>decide to try and learn basics of the game with a friend
>he plays Dark Angels in 40k
>I "play" Word Bearers in 30k
>user lets have a game at 2000 points. Field Lorgar I wanna see how he fares.
>TABLEHAMMER.
>deployment.

>I'm not going to read the OP pastebins, The Post

Why? Did his dad also threaten to blow the whole family up with stolen explosives? Because mine did. When he wasn't planning on suicide with pills Yet I got no problems separating my shitty life from what I do.

Continue, please.

Go on

>He gets seize the initiative, and is using 40k rules while I am using 30k rules.
>He gets all up in my grille.
>has grav gun and plasma, my tac squad starts getting picked off.
>lots and lots of guns.
>his termies deepstrike.
>in the top corner, one of his squads is moving up the center to seize an objective.
>my guys shoot, do basically nothing. My Contemptor with dual Kheres picks off a bike.

>Liking A New Hope: 2016 edition, Now Pandering to Millenials ans Nostalgia Goggles
Dang it, Curzefag.

And did you guys Cathan? :^)

>I'm a whiny bitch the post

>on the right side of the board, not pictured, my second contemptor is getting glanced by lascannons but is fending off a razorback, a devastator squad, and letting my tacs get to another objective.
>the bikes charge through the gap towards this contemptor, trying to get melta bombs on it.
>they do. it explodes and takes 1 of them with him in a 7 inch explosion.

There's definitely a difference.

It's not quite the same

>he continues to pick off my tac squad on the left side of the board. everything else is moving in for the kill.
>my contemptor on the right side of the board thunders, and the razorback gets absolutely shredded.
>awesome, this game is pretty fun.
>his squad gets out and starts moving towards the objective where my tacs are.
>meanwhile, his devastators are still shooting at me.
>my contemptor gets glanced to death next turn.

Is finding Kylo Ren sexy really that bad?

Kek alright. This is the only (You) you'll get
>-HH Vs. 40k- Horus Heresy armies use the same rules as 40k ones, and are a balanced, if weak, opponent to a 40k list. This is due to HH having Unit Creation taxes, inflexible units, and being restricted to single-CAD only.
>-HH with 30k- 40k lists cannot ally with 30k ones or vice versa, as 30k uses a different allies chart. Note, Daemons are in HH somewhat. It's complicated.
>-40k in AoD games- If one is doing an Age of Darkness game, only 30k armies are allowed. (Of course, any of these restrictions may be homebrewed). Fluff is much more important in a 30k list than your typical 40k one. There might be some exceptions for Orks and Eldar in a Great Crusade game.
>- 40k models in HH games- This depends on the model. Chaos Terminators as Deathshroud? No. Droppods? Yes. GW Rhinos as FW Rhinos? Get some FW doors and trick them out if you must. Heldrakes as Fire Raptors? No. Deffkoptas as Legion Jetbikes? Fuck no. mk7 tacticals (the guys in the GW tactical box? I’d strongly advise against it, as MK4 tacticals are now cheaper, and only legions present at the Siege of Terra at/after the SoT had it.

>remember that squad moving up the middle of the board to take the objective?
>DAMOCLES ORBITAL BOMBARDMENT
>it scatters seven inches to the left, almost killing my guys.
>but wait. TWIN LINKED.
>I reroll and it does not scatter. Placed right on the center of the squad
>fuckingannihilated.jpg
>one guy is left. he runs away
>good shit damocles.

>just before the bombardment, I had deep striked. >ashen circle enter all cool with Lorgar (he was able to get a deep strike added to his skills with a warlord trait for my consul)
>the burning descent do nothing lol.
>Gal Vorbak appear in the center of the battle ready to kill.
>THIS IS THE AGE OF DARKNESS.
>as you can see, my tac squad is not faring well.
>his tacticals pile out of the rhino.

Pokemon is slowly becoming more honest about its grimdarkness.

>Lorgar (he was able to get a deep strike added to his skills with a warlord trait for my consul)
Primarchs MUST be the Warlord, and they do not roll for Warlord Traits.

Heck man, Pokémon's pokedex entries are ridiculousl. Some are silly, or cute, and some are Over the Top Grimdark.

Like, seriously. There's a pokémon that was born from the soul of a child who died in a forest.

I love it.

Fuck, why can't plasma cannons be large blast?

I want a unit of plasma heavys popping terminators and primarchs left right and centre, but regular plasma guns do everything they do but better

Hell, if I was really insistent on taking a heavy support squad, missile launchers do a similar job while being cheaper and more flexible

just fuck my shit up lads

Having multiple AP2 large blasts might be OP, especially in 30k.

But since 40k is fucked now I think large blast PC would be okay. Just make them full scatter all the time or something, because that small template can't hit shit.

At least you can hit multiple models or have a somewhat higher chance of hitting them?

I dunno.

>Like, seriously. There's a pokémon that was born from the soul of a child who died in a forest
Oh, yeah, the tree stump. Just how many kids had to die before that Pokemon could have a stable population? One of my personal favorites has to be this thing. Daemon weapons in my Pokemon? More likely than we think.

I'd be more than happy for a permanent full scatter in exchange for large blasts

I see what you mean about it potentially being OP, but when you've got the option for seekers who can choose to pretty much never miss against a certain target, combined with combi plasmas, or sniper spamming veterans hauling a shitload of plasma guns and combi-plasmas, it doesn't seem that OP IMO.

Sometimes Pokemon numbers can be just as silly as 40k.

FUCKING AEGISLASH WHY UNBAN THIS SHIT FUCKING SMOGON ARE YOU STUPID I DONT CARE IF IT'S BANNED AGAIN NOW YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE UNBANNED IT TO BEGIN WITH REEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't know, little kids being researchers on pokemon don't seem like that good of a resource for information on them anyway.

And if what the pokedex entries say are true, those professors are dicks for letting the kids go and fight literal gods, and not calling the army or some shit.

>Playing Pokémon competetively
>ever
Kek.

Also, Drampa looks like Falkor and that's amazing.

>Fuck, why can't plasma cannons be large blast?

Just take a Haemotrope Reactor and grind a couple of civilians and you can have your plasma cannons fire large blasts, they also overheat on 1s AND 2s.

I'm going to take them anyway cause they're cool and cause maximum PEW (if CHOOM is the volkite noise, I assume that's the plasma noise), but I'm just a little sad how kinda shitty they are.

Fuck it, plasma distraction squad.

Dammit that was WAY fucking fast. How do you like one of those for Tsagualsa, eh Curzefag?

>be 10
>touch a fire pokemon
>burn your hand

THIS POKEMON MUST BE HOTTER THAN THE SUN!

No fuck him

>the ashen circle melt the bikes with their hand flamers to slag.
>koranderebuslaughing.jpg
>they move up.
>meanwhile Gal Vorbak are getting shot to death and are locked in combat with Deathwing.
>oh boy. they are not faring well. This is what happens when you dont give them a proper delivery system.
>its a slaughter. A speeder moves to block my ashen circle and lorgar, but we ignore it.
>time to get in the fight
>we get ready to charge.

You fucking shitlord

>paying all those points for an ugly as fuck model that makes them shitty for the same reason plasma moritats are

nah

All that blood does satisfy my fetish, yes.

Son, please explain to me what you just said without all caps and less rage.
>I don't know, little kids being researchers on pokemon don't seem like that good of a resource for information on them anyway.
I'm sure at least one kid tried to see if the ghost sword does suck away souls. Maybe he or she found someone who wanted to die, tricked a hobo, tricked a bully, or saw their friend get their soul sucked out.
>And if what the pokedex entries say are true, those professors are dicks for letting the kids go and fight literal gods, and not calling the army or some shit.
Yeah that's another thing.
>what's the worst that could happen if we let these kids who are going through puberty or will soon go through manage to catch these beings who can alter reality or possible destroy the world?
>It's not like some ten year kid who just discovered tits would use the power of say Arcerus for perverted things.
>nope. Let's let the youth of today save the world so they can have a more exciting life than we did.

>hm, whats that, the two gods of water and earth are fighting and destroying this city in the process?
>don't worry, lucas here has beaten like 7 gyms or something, I'll let him go and sort them out

What the fuck Professor Rowan

oh. fuck I messed up then.

(And this is why I need to properly learn rules.)

It's ok. Cheating is legal as long as your opponent doesn't realize you're cheating, and this one wasn't even cheating but a honest mistake.

>giant skull cog
>ugly
get out of my imperium, traitor

Could be worse, you could be MWG who keep taking rites without an MotL models, ignoring the negatives of the rites, forgetting how the basic special rules work, and not changing any of this despite everyone pointing it out in their comments.

Their 40k batreps are good, but their 30k batreps make me cringe

>MWG
Molech Warmaster Guy?

I think the Pokemon professors have the morality of a Magos.
>gods of water and earth
Just let their boss show those Gitz who's da boss. Then catch all three and not take over the region only due to the limitations of the game.

>actually liking the shitty 40k mechanicus aesthetic

Mechaincum was a mistake, mars getting prospero'd when?

Also daily reminder that if your legion weren't at Terra you're a traitor too

>Quest for the Mechanicum
>Castellax Battle Autima
>Mogos Dominos

>I think the Pokemon professors have the morality of a Magos.
So, none at all?

Miniwargaming

but Molech Warmaster Guy works as well

Maybe even Massive warp goons if you're into daemons

>being rude to mars and the mechanicus
>when they were on terra dying like heroes, defending the imperial palace
traitor confirmed

It's the autima guys! Autómata.
>Massive warp goons
Hey this is nice.

>taking rites without an MotL models
honestly, more HQ choices need that

is the praetor the only generic option with master of the legion? I mean, delegatus aside there are no rites attached to the smaller guys.

>MWG
fuck those Mormon degenerates

I'll remember that for next time.

This was a learning experience for both the players (me and my friend) so I think we missed a couple vital things like doing psychic phase each turn but it was fun regardless.

>when they fucked off into the webway to try and get back to mars

FTFY

ADB was a mistake as well

Heralds have it as well

Why they have support officer is a mystery though, I suppose FW just likes to make it hard for us to get rites

Well, that's pretty much the whole purpose of a Delegatus, being a budget Praetor for the guys who were houseruling MotL for regular Centurions. I mean taking Master Crafted into account the upgrade pretty much pays itself

That's wrong though. Whoever gets new gear is loyalist.
Exactly. They're just waiting to see if kids with subjugated gods can resist the urge to turn the world into their personal magical realm or stunts like this m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD9BzszmV1c

Amen.

>Well, that's pretty much the whole purpose of a Delegatus
oh shit, I just realized he can take rites other than chosen duty

that was like the only problem I had with him

Have fun!

Does anyone else us squad leaders as extra opportunities to have cool models? Most armies only have 1 or 2 HQs, and it's often a boring generic model, so I often insert things like limited edition sculpts or cool conversions as sergeants.

Yeah man, that's like the whole reasons for squad leaders

veterans are great for it too, they're like an entire squad of sergeants

Nah, I'd stick with a praetor anyways because the paragon blade is too tasty.

This does open up some ideas for smaller 1k-ish point games. though.

>tfw want to warhammer
>but also busy eating

looks like a college study room...but what college allows beer in the study areas? obviously in the US because who else drinks fucking coors light.

>the battle drags on
>my Gal Vorbak are killed by Power Fists, etc.
>wearing me down.
>the Dark Martyr is pounding units left and right with his Power Fist.
>this is the kind of reason I wanted to play.
>Meanwhile, the Ashen Circle have been cut down, and Lorgar is fucking units with his mace.
>My friend charged me with 4 assault marines.
>Lorgar killed all of them in one fell swoop. Awesome.
>Tarpitting has been the one defining word of this game. Now I realize that my isolated Gal Vorbak suck.
>meanwhile, the tac squad on the left has been overrun by bikes. they are behind me.
>the tac squad on the right is getting shit on by the AP1 Warlord, it's fun.
>My contemptors are a crater and a wreck.
>my damocles is shooting little bolts and doing nothing.
>I've basically been cleared from all objectives.
>the game ends.
>what a learning experience.
>I loved every second of it.
>time to learn the rules!
>

Plasma Moritats aren't shitty because they overheat on 2's. They're shitty because that automatically stops the Chainfire. And because chainfires are also maxed at 12.

University of Waterloo (Canada)

This is in one of the newer condominiums that were built to house students. And yeah coors light is fucking gross, this is my friend's place. His roomates guzzle the shit.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised there are other hhg guys in southern ontario.

>And yeah coors light is fucking gross
Honestly it's the best of the college-tier light beers.

You could be drinking Keystone Ice and praying for death instead.

there's a couple of us but we're all starting out just now. There's only me and 2 other college guys that play, the rest are old.

Are you SO?

Yeah, hamilton.

I'm only just starting a 30k army. Haven't bothered to check if there's a local playerbase, but there probably is.

>They're shitty because that automatically stops the Chainfire
agreed

>And because chainfires are also maxed at 12.
It has to have a hard limit somewhere. I mean I don't mind Kaedes Nex firing infinitely but I'm sur emy opponent does.

> skinny Manlet beta arms
> I'm so cool I drink beer look guis!
> Every brand of booze in the shot is shit tier
> models look like shit even from a distance
user > continue
How about no?

I think he's simply poorfagging terrain, using empty bottles as count as the spires of Ethilya III.
sciencealert.com/cosmic-cloud-contains-enough-alcohol-to-keep-the-world-world-drinking-for-a-billion-years
>In 1995, the gas cloud G34.3 was discovered 10,000 light-years away in the constellation Aquila. It’s absolutely massive, with a diameter 1,000 times the diameter of our entire Solar System, and contains enough alcohol to supply 300,000 pints (a pint = 473 ml) of beer every day to every single person on Earth for the next billion years.
The Emperor's webway project was meant to reach Aquila's booze and make it available to all mankind

I'm thinking about getting into 30k, but I can't decide between Iron Warriors and Death Guard. What are the pros and cons of each?

Are you sure that's not a girl's arms?

IW for big guns and easy silver painting, DG for infantry and easy weathering. IW if you are willing to put up with painting hazard stripes, DG if you are willing to put up with painting off-white.

Yes because it says "he plays Dark Angels" and that's the Dark Angels' player.

How do Perty and Mort stack up as primarchs, is it worth taking them?

Between flame templates, Deathshroud and rad grenades, the DG feel more close combat than the IW, whom can bring some respectable dakka.
Check 1d4chan for more.