Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do you deal with 2hu builds and 2hu builders in your games?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Broken Shackles Playtest: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59701/broken-shackles-test-play
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit#
Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Vampire Hunter D Setting Supplement: dropbox.com/s/onnk3oskhbc5aos/Vampire Hunter D Pathfinder Supplement.pdf?dl=0

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i7d0Lm_31BE
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/61759/for-glory-and-freedom
d20pfsrd.com/magic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're a faggot.

Have monsters just act smart rather than like NPC mobs. Sure, the motherfucker's gonna get butthurt for a while, but then the rest of the PCs just move on and have fun while he sulks, so eventually he learns to shut the fuck up and improvise.

While overly autistic questioning is a bit annoying, there are far far worse player aspects one deals with on average. You just answer the questions and put your foot down when you need to.

No one's here because they're a 100% well adjusted person happy with their lives. I get way more annoyed at those who come here looking to *embellish* their fucked up personas though.

>when i'm a 100% well adjusted person happy with my life

Kek

Which HV character do you want to slay the most, /pfg/!

Which do you want to lay the most!

So! How was your weekend, /pfg/? Do anything particularly fun or exciting?

kys faggot

Pushing for youtube.com/watch?v=i7d0Lm_31BE to become the theme of Sandpoint--anybody agree?

If everyone in the party is weak, you have no problem. If everyone in the party is broken as fuck, you have no problem either, just rise the CR to infinity.
There is only a problem when there is a party full of jobbers and one uber broken motherfucker is when the game goes to shit.
Particularly if its one of those fuckers that wants to "hold back" because that just means he is just waiting the right chance to break your little world hopping you underestimate his power.

We need art of Autism Fighter, fully decked out in all his magic gear

Also, is he immune to any form of time manipulation? If not, then we might have some options to work with

Even if you think you are... Not if you're in here you ain't. Anyone with a stable happy mind has better things to do than hang out on a containment thread in Veeky Forums of all things.

My Wizard | Investigator wasn't useless in a fight at level 2, and the fight didn't even include Color Spray!

>Anyone with a stable happy mind has better things to do than hang out on a containment thread in Veeky Forums of all things.

Really? Because a lot of us have a delicious habit of partitioning parts of our pretty little brains to lewd, degenerate matters like one would find here, and things that are obviously less degenerate like watching half-naked girls shake their asses on public television.

>containment thread on a containment board on a containment site

Friday game was most of the party babbling on about other games, usually overwatch or some shit, on discord, and paying so little attention to anything other than their conversation that they don't even remember basic rules like attacks/round or "that's an aura".

Saturday afternoon was cancelled. Sunday was cancelled. Next week is "totally on I swear guys" (ded game). The weather's utter shit and I have to walk about 2km to the nearest bus stop to/from work because construction has made the transport association kill off everything between two overpasses "just to be safe".

FUCK your weekend.

>looking for games in roll20
>suddenly 24 point build
> lets check it
>"antropomorphic cats rule not!egypt"
> "expect sexual themes"
>"people keep quitting after one session"

Just use morgan ironwolf or something.

DHB needs to stop making fucking memes

Link? We need more examples of these types.

>You just answer the questions and put your foot down when you need to.
Isn't what 2hu wanted the GM putting down the foot and giving a concrete hard limit and not going "Yeeeeeah, well, just don't break the game too hard, kay?"

>24pb sexual anthro cats

first
>24pb

secondly
>pic related

My fighter got buffed up the vazoo when we fought a bunch of Lamashtans. Him being who he is ended up looking like an extremely angry, bipedal stone dragon with a skull for a face spinning and taking 5-foot steps and chopping cultists and demons down as they were trying to hitch up their pants since we interrupted their orgy.

It was nice.

The issue is that there's no easy metric of optimization. You cant say 'optimization rank 4' because no fucking thing exists.

Also 2hu kept pushing when the DM initially said no.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/61759/for-glory-and-freedom

We tried to kill a man who cant die and accidentally made him even more immortal.

Eh, the one 2hu was arguing was blast types.

The GM didn't like the fluff of that, but 2hu came up with fluff the GM liked and said it was okay.

What's the problem there?

MIght make a Sumo Wrestler girl for RotJR because i'm bored as fuck.

>Themes:
>1: it is heavily inspired by Arabic culture and society.
>2: Slavery is heavily ingrained in the culture and society. thou this is frowned upon in almost every other kingdom in the world.
>3: it is a tropical and hot area. with large savannas, burning desserts, tropical rain forest and floodplains.
>4: it is possible if not uncommon for transformations to occurs within this world.
>5: expect sexual and violent themes.

DARE YOU ENTER MY MAGICAL REALM?

>DM initially said no
How dare he?

Why is the wolf stuck in a pumpkin?

Holy fuck, it's a slavery version of Tel'Adre

Yeah everyone got on his case because how dare someone ask for an example of what they consider "game breaking" in a game where people come in with wildly different expectations!

Do it! We need chubby tough girls grabbing people and throwing them around while covered in sweat!

Did everyone remember that the GM's problem was the FLUFF of the blast and they eventually came to an agreement on fluff that made sense?

Isn't that normal Tel'ardere

No this was for the RotJR thing.

I'm gonna regret looking that up aint I?

City in corruption of champions

I just looked it up and yep.

What wolf? There's only a pumpkin.

There is literally nothing wrong with a little hardcore smut, user.

The pumpkin has ears! Wolf ears! And a cute blue-eyed face with a lil tail and some footsies!

It's a wolf I tell you! A WOLF!

What did 2hu do so bad there?

Was he a dick?

I got rejected for a /pfg/ game and used my powers of manipulation to turn the thread into shitflinging and masturbation over player characters getting brutally murdered.

Which character was yours, senpai?

Doesn't this mean the 2hu build will be competitive while everyone else dies like whelps?

DM said "don't break the game", 2hu asked for clarification, everyone jumped on his throat.

Then 2hu started getting a little pissy and passive aggressive, and eventually quit,

Rate my OC

> Have a hardcore family of knights
> Fight-and-die-for-king-and-country types
> skip a few generations
> they turn into a family of fops
> obsess about fashion and social trends
> PC is youngest male in family
> sent to Uni for being too hardcore
> when he hears of the PC's exploits he steals his groups thesis project (incomplete firearm) and runs to join them
> Steel Hound Investigator
> pretends to be a fop in public
> swans around with sword cane

Pic 50% unrelated

It's a pumpkin. I'm a leshy warden. I know a goddamned pumpkin when I see one.

Nah, there were no slaves there, just futas and Gains
Slaves was more of the Bazaar's and Sandwitch thing

Problem is 2hu has no idea how NOT to be a dick.

I love it! Love it!

Make it a girl instead and I am sold.

>Rating: It's a Trap

It's the one who causes chaos and insanity to those around them by being an annoying little shit, user.

Is he as cute as the pic?

Now, that's not quite fair. All he needs are firm rules instead of wishy washy bullshit.

Well, he is a legitimate autist. That doesn't excuse the behavior, but his point still stood.

That's not a pumpkin, you fool! It's a wolf!

She'll never get submitted, but i'll make her none the less.

Quick question:

Can a Mesmerist affect an invisible creature with their stare if they know roughly where it is?

>android cryptic's psicrystal gets into castle slice of life shenanigans while the cryptic stuffs his nose in a book
>go out to clear a spider den
>the party rogue with 10 con is legitimately surprised when he dies of con damage from poison
>aside from that everything goes swimmingly as we catch a traitor in the castle

Except you can't GIVE them hard rules because you cant MAKE hard rules for optimization

How does 2hu get pissy and passive aggressive?
For asking for clarification? What's so bad about that?

You could try NOT allowing fucking everything from Spheres.

It could be both.

rusemeister

Except he didn't, pretty much everything 2hu asked about worked in Spheres by RAW or was confirmed to work by the Devs anyway.

That's limiting content, not optimization.

No clue. I guess it uses the same rolls for a gaze attack, so at that point do normal gaze attacks work on invisible creature? I'm inclined to say yes because all I know about gaze attacks areally that "thing happens unless they save".

>SCARLET EINHANDER WORKS FOR DESTRUCTIVE BLASTS RIGHT NO MATTER THE SHAPE RIGHT

fuck off.

A... A wolfkin? A pumpolf? user, you're just sounding silly! That poor wolf-girl's trapped in a pumpkin!

Except it does.

>The initiator gains a +2 shield bonus to his Armor Class and inflicts an additional 1d6 points of damage while in this stance.

Hopefully not, but that's the risk you run.
It's not like I'm trying to get them all killed, just make an encounter something they can't steamroll--I can BS some kind of "and then they took you captive" shit if things really go tits-up for them, and hey, that's an adventure hook right there.

Where the fuck did he ask that in the RotJR thread. All I remember was him asking about some Bloodline shit and some caster level shit.

You got it all wrong, so I had to correct you in paint.

I mean it does as long as there's an attack roll.

I think Depressed Homebrewer, on a whole, is the most wholesome autist we have. Autism Fighter proves that.

No, offensive spells are attacks. Right there in the CRB's magic chapter.

Yeah just like intimidate is!

Fuck didn't one of the Path of War devs confirm that stances/boosts only modify shit that involves an attack roll?

Gosh heckin' dang it user! You just said ears and legs and all the little gibbins that make someone are plant parts! My ears are not leaves! I do not photosynthesize!

[citation needed]

So how come /pfg/ likes theorycrafting over and over and over and over again for builds TO USE IN GAMES, but when 2hu comes and asks "Hey, is this too strong for your game, mind giving me a clear answer on that?" with some Spheres or PoW build, everyone goes into an autistic frenzy?

Are you sure? You might be really good at it, if you gave it a try.

I disagree, the RAW may say that but the RAI is clearly that applied to melee attacks.

He wants it to apply to explosive orbs and other blast shapes.
Shit like this is why I can't stand 2hu, its acting in bad faith and trying to fuck over GMs who aren't smart enough to call bullshit when they see it.

Just remember: this is a large portion of the Pathfinder community. Just play with your friends until you grow out of 3.pf and leave the "pathfinder community" for the 2hu/weeb autists. They deserve what they've done to the community.

It's been a year my nigga. I ain't digging that far back, believe it or not.

there's a different between theorycrafting a build (WHICH MAY NOT EVER BE USED IN A GAME) for lulz, and actually trying to break a fucking game and its not like 'IS THIS TOO STRONG' its 'I AM BENDING THE RULES TO THE POINT OF BREAKING, IS THIS ALLOWED AHAHAH IF YOU SAY NO I WILL PUSH IT AND PUSH IT AND PUSH IT BECAUSE I WAAAANT IT SO I CAN HAVE MUH DANMAKOU 2HU CHARACTER'

fuck off

Ok I chuckled

Plants are somebodies too, you racist.

>its not like 'IS THIS TOO STRONG' its 'I AM BENDING THE RULES TO THE POINT OF BREAKING, IS THIS ALLOWED AHAHAH IF YOU SAY NO I WILL PUSH IT AND PUSH IT AND PUSH IT BECAUSE I WAAAANT IT SO I CAN HAVE MUH DANMAKOU 2HU CHARACTER'

>3. As a reality check, I am currently looking at a blaster whose destructive blasts have a caster level of 5th (3 class levels + 1 Destruction sphere specialization + 1 "staff" that need not actually be a staff) and deal 6d6+13 damage thanks to Greater Blast, blood havoc, the orc bloodline arcana, and the Destruction sphere specialization. That is an average of 34 damage, when a CR 3 monster has 29.9 hit points on average. Blast shapes can then be applied. All of this is from one side of the gestalt, leaving the other gestalt half free for utility.
>Would you consider this to fall within acceptable boundaries under the context that this is a Path of War game that bans Broken Blade but still allows Primal Fury, Scarlet Throne, Elemental Flux, Riven Hourglass, and other high-offense disciplines, or would you consider it out-of-line? If it is out-of-line, then what would a more acceptable damage for destructive blasts at 3rd-level gestalt be?

It's not nice to put words in people's mouths, user.

Be excellent to each other.

2hu never contested that when the GM said no. Far as I can tell, he likes it when GMs say no, except when they say no on some wishy washy fluff basis. It's that simple.

I'm really fucking tired of 2hus two dicksucking friends coming in this thread to defend him every fucking time someone says some shit

Fuck off, we don't like your friend, and we don't like you.

I mean at the end of the day it's just AoE damage with a little rider at worst. Hardly the worst thing you could do desu.

And I'm pretty sure that flat out, does not work with black shapes that don't involve an attack roll. Just like Sneak attack can work with rays, but not fireballs unless you take Arcane Trickster.

That being said I'm surprised there isn't a prestige class based around blending rays and initiation yet.

Did 2hu even try requesting to use scarlet einhander in that manner in RoTJR? Post links if you have em.

I recall he once posited that as intimidating people was an attack you could kill people by calling them harsh names, but I don't think he ever tried making a character round it or applying for a game using things like that.

he just needs to fuck off and die imo

>Destruction sphere specialization + 1 "staff" that need not actually be a staff)
Where the fuck does this bit actually come from?

d20pfsrd.com/magic

Attacks

Some spell descriptions refer to attacking. All offensive combat actions, even those that don't damage opponents, are considered attacks. Attempts to channel energy count as attacks if it would harm any creatures in the area. All spells that opponents resist with saving throws, that deal damage, or that otherwise harm or hamper subjects are attacks. Spells that summon monsters or other allies are not attacks because the spells themselves don't harm anyone.

ALL OFFENSIVE COMBAT ACTIONS.

Fireball is an attack.
Channel Energy is an attack.
Demoralize is an attack.

Got it?