Is there anything worthwhile you can still mine with GPUs?

Is there anything worthwhile you can still mine with GPUs?

Bitcoin obviously went out the window years ago

I understand there are scrypt ASICs so i'm guessing that is also out

What about ethereum? Vertcoin?

monero

Monero.

Can you still mine ETH with GPUs? I believe in ETH more than Monero

ETH isn't really mining viable anymore unless you're ready to shell out $7k my dude. I have built up a pretty impressive farm for less than 1k for monero through warehouse lot auctions and I'm pulling 3.1 monero a month. The owner of the business I work for has an ETH rig he payed for and his current setup costed him 8k and he still and isn't going to see ROI for a while.

believe me or don't w/e I suck dick

I have a big GPU setup which i have not used in 3 years.

What kind of cards do you have?

Do you know some cheap cards to buy ?
I'm leaving in a month for a foreign country, I have a thousand dollar rig and I wonder If i should just sell it and trade coins or keep it on even tho i can't be there to take care of it

If you wanna see a quicker ROI it's Monero all the way. I have no idea why you're factoring faith into this if you already have the parts, there's no real loss to be had if that's the case.

Fair point, i can trade it to ETH

I buy and hold long-term. I believe in Bitcoin, Ethereum and perhaps litecoin at the moment

However i admit that I have not yet read anything on Monero./

Have you looked into using old ant miner Asics for eth mining? Is this doable? How about old asic for bch and bitcoin gold?

Fire up the vertcoin ocm, I used it a while ago and it was fun to optimise. My computer fan died so I stopped, probably should have bought a new fan tho.

R9 380 16gb, ~250 ping, check out the /r if anyone is interested, it's very informative and post mining stories if any lurkers have any input or suggestions.

Thanks. I did like having something like 30 GPUs running at once and setting them all up.

However my gear is R280x and some 7970s, so hopefully i don't get killed on power costs.

What's a reliable mining calculator these days?

I picked up 25 XFX7700 ghosts at a warehouse lot sale for $60, that was a steal of a lifetime. If you want cheap shit you gotta be on top of clearance auctions for shipping and warehouse lots. As for my main rig I'm running some RX480 and have gotten them up below 650 per card after tuning them. The XFX 7700's will get you 120 a card with some extreme tuning but that's just after I scoured and searched for literature on it. If you don't want to build rigs then yeah just go for the trading route I'd guess. I just like doing it because I like setting the shit up and then having a potential farm for promising coins if I want.

as for antminers man I honestly don't know about those. Monero made me want to start mining because of the technology behind it, I really think there's something there.

According to YouTube you check a few different ones and get the average, I was just playing with vertcoin because it had an easy ocm to use.

So by default that must've raised natural interest and now it's mooning for.. reasons..

Perhaps we'd all be wise to do more of this 'what's easy to mine' research to catch good early coins. That's the only reasonable explanation I can find for vertcoin even being a thing.

We should all buy $20 of chan coin too, that could be memed into the $4 region.. is cryptopia a fuck around to use? Any one know a gestalt on them?

T. Chancoin shill

I just had my first experience with them dumping some bulwark I mined, went very smoothly.

Vertcoin is okay if you have Nvidia, AMD not so much. Just don't use p2pools in vertcoin right now, network got fucked after the nicehash debacle. But bigger mining pools payout pretty decent currently

>Vertcoin is okay if you have Nvidia, AMD not so much
FUCK, all my cards are AMD

Yeah it's really interesting, did you see the stories about torrent sites using your CPU power via a Java script. If that's viable, how will jlist ever recover?

The reason I'm pondering the idea of old Asics to be repurposed for bch and bitcoin gold is because their mining methods should be similar to bitcoin so old btc mining equipment that's cheap on eBay could be made viable by mining fork coins.

I'm quietly resentful about a lack of stability in btc stalling alt coin interest. I feel like it's the next realm or chapter of a game.

Hmm I think I'll try and stop being lazy and check it out properly..

Random shitcoins like signatum within a couple days of release, or make like $10 a day minimg monero or something

Honestly, all these BTC forks are really pointless considering better technology has arisen and has proven better. Though, I'm really interested to see how one could find incredibly cheap CPUs and create farms of those for monero.

Wait, CPUs mine on the same hash rate as GPUs on Monero?

I have a ghetto-ass AMD R9 290 rig I made out of a desire to get in on ETH and keep my computer building knowledge intact. I used an old mobo/cpu/hdd and a $30 shoe rack for the case. Sourced the R9 290s from eBay/online classifieds in Canada for $200 each and also a large power supply. R9 290s are a nice choice because they're an older card with a lot on the secondary market and they can mine ETH very well for their price range. They get hot as hell no matter what you do and that's apparently normal.

Was a lot of fun autistically min/maxing everything and with the price increase I've reached ROI ahead of schedule. I probably could have made more by actively looking for newly released low difficulty coins and sold when they moon, but I'm still feeling comfy with my ETH.

this.

right now, its bullwark coin.

This is all massively scammy though(see signatum) so you know, you gotta sell that shit IMMEDIATELY on getting your rewards.

Unless its a major project.

well, like it sort of does if you have like an i7.

just install minergate and run it, will give you an immediate feel for it.

Is it worth it on old xeons? I have a dead pc with a xeon that I may be able to boot up with some spare parts.

so any advice on what software to use to mine monero? is there a legit program? or cdm mining?

I have 2 amd vega 64s, 2 radeon rx580 and one gtx 1080 all mining ethereum now.. they make about 17 bucks per day.

how do you mine?

Stak if you have nvidia

With a pick axe you dumb idiot

i've got AMD tho

>I believe in Bitcoin, Ethereum and perhaps litecoin at the moment
>I have been researching crypto for at least 3 days now

Monero and Ethereum. Also solid long term hodls.

XMR-stak. They have an all in one download on the github now so CPU, AMD, Nvidia are all covered. Just download it, set up your config, and run the miner.

Can you mine with a dual cpu setup?

Monero and any coin that uses the Cryptoknight?algorithm

ZCL is usually quite profitable for me

Check out whattomine.com

Vertcoin is supposed to be asic resistant. Although this is more an algo war

I mine using 3/4 cores on a couple of servers i have, both are Xeon e3's and work well. Then I have a couple of GPU's too in another machine.

You just change the config to what you want each core to do - so you can do 80% of cores doing full power and the last 20% doing low power mode.

Pretty nice, thanks user!

if amd

monero

if nvda you have multitudes of high profit shitcoins

actually no it's not worth it fuck off

You're the biggest retard on earth bro you could've made tens of thousands on just signatum alone lmao

Monero only If you have a batch of Vega 56/64 ffs people
and they're sold out everywhere or severely overpriced
just check whattomine

I've just been letting my gaming rig run for 20-22 hours a day mining ViVO and I'm averaging around 0.75 vivo/day with my 1070, so that's like $3.50/day, and I had the equipment already.

I'm mining with an RX580 right now.. Fuck it

Bch is sha-256, it IS bitcoin, asics are generally more profitable for bitcoin. Bitcoin gold is equihash, antminers aren't made for equihash and are application specific, so no, that wouldn't work. Nvidia mines equihash better than an asic made for sha-256. Beleive it or not, whether the first word is the same has no impact on how similar the algorithm is (wow imagine that)

why only with the vegas?

The fuck is VIVO and where does it trade?

Vivo trades on cryptopia, it's a shit coin based on the neoscrypt algorithm, nothing particularly special about it but it's consistently been one of the most profitable coins to mine for the past couple of weeks. It really benefits from cheap electricity since neoscrypt is a power hog for mining.

Damn, have a r9 390 sitting idle at home, may check it out.

>XMR-stak
what do you think about the 2% donation that can't be removed without recompiling it?

Fyi altminer is probably the most stable pool ATM, just be sure to use port 10001 instead of 4233.

GO for Monero

i heard all the kids are mining mona coin

Better than Claymores miner fee @ 5% if I remember correctly

I made money holding bitcoin and didn't have to put in all the mental energy of mining

>Pool hasn't found a block in 6 days
>Mfw

If i were to just
>Use my CPU to mine this low luck pool with no block in 6 days
>Switch my GPU to another more crowded but more frequnently paid pool
>When low luck pool finally finds Block
>Switch back the GPU and entire hash rate to the pool that hasn't found a block in 6 days right now, for a larger reward

Would it work?

Probably not, you could try though. If anything I'd switch pools. 6 days and no block is pretty shitty.
I complain when the pool doesn't find a block every hour. But the pool I'm on is round based so if we don't find blocks consistently I lose money mining.