Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Good Vibes Edition

What is the Cutest thing you've encountered in game? What's the cutest thing you've done in game.

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1RzrGU81xkZUwavvnoTEfpLa-z9ElnkzWbNb_r2r9GJs/edit#heading=h.las0oihqo89v
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is keeping track of loot such a fucking chore?

>implying I've ever done anything cute in game

I mean, unless you count hitting negatives once a fight as "cute."

That would involve me having games, OP

reposting from last thread

So guys is there some kind of gauntlet the party's monk can wear that would function as a weapon but still let him use it as an unarmed strike during flurry of blows?

I'm mostly looking for a way to try to get Discordant voice to work on him with his unarmed flurry

I find it fun, same with taking notes!

No, cause the rules on that are a poorly written piece of garbage.

Monk unarmed strikes count as natural and manufactured weapons.
Learn to read.

the cutest thing i've encountered would be a girl from the local magic academy who likes baked goods

the cutest thing i've done is my tiefling girlfriend

>Discordant voice
Monk's fists count as manufactured weapons for spells/effects, so it already works.

Could you conceivably use a tulpa as a stand

Sorry user, it's just that I had googled it and gotten conflicting answers with people making comments like "hurr they don't count even if sean k wants them too hurr" and wanted a second opinion from you guys

Read the actual rules. The monk page says they do.

thank you anons

Pitax should be a proxy conflict funded by agents loyal to House Surtova, however the Disappearance of 4699 and the events of Book 4 (with the reincarnated Champion of Gorum) should be Choral.

In fact, wasn't the Champion originally killed by an unnamed Red Dragon? Curious how that works, innit?

Imagine if we had actual Aldori Swordlords in Kingmaker, or political intrigue... Nah, that's dumb! We need Fae and exploration for 5 gosh darn Books!

>Listening to /pfg/ kool-aid
There's your mistake, son. Always double check the rules, especially if /pfg/'s answer is "lul Paizo"

No, but you can have your capacity for anger (or maybe hatred) ripped from your soul and sealed away inside your subconscious, where it can no longer control you in any way.

Why yes that is my Paladin/Fractured Mind Spiritualist concept why do you ask.

/pfg/'s answer was "read the rules"

Actually, can Nyrissa be salvaged at all? I'm good to just throw her out, but perhaps she could be reworked into a Rogarvian heir warped by time in Choral's prison-dimension.

So! The weekend's coming up; any big plans, game-related or otherwise, that you're excited for?

I've got a Kingmaker game tomorrow - it's always the highlight of my week

Just took my last final. I'm graduating from college tomorrow.

Feels good

Tuesdays HV campaign!

Nyrissa requires significant build-up for what is an admittedly mediocre villain. The true BBEG was and always should have been Choral the Conqueror, while Nyrissa can easily be worked in as a Book villain if not just to have Briar be available to the party - or maybe remove Briar and introduce a slick new sword, call it Kingmaker.

Who has the highest Sense Motive of the group? I'd bet a gold piece they'll be the one to figure out who the Mad Jackal is first!

I have 6!

I've been wanting to modify Kingmaker a bit, introduce a pair of artifact blades to it called Kingmaker and Kingbreaker, but I Have no idea what else I'd do with them other than 'have cool names and work them to be plot relevant'.

I wish I had a game, but unfortunately I do not. I will probably be doing preliminary write ups for homebrewed AP stuff.

I never encountered anything cute, as I was always DMing. But I did plenty of cute encounters of sort. (pic related, for example)
Would those count?

One should be the sword wielded by Choral, the other an Aldori Dueling sword wielded by the founder himself.

Looks like Sersheon will have to do an awful lot of convincing to Yori that her alter ego should be their little secret!

Speaking of AP stuff:

Do the adventure paths really bother anyone else? It seems like they are all built with the "it's a dungeon" mentality. IF you are attacking a building then EVERYONE inside will know once a fight starts. The book gives descriptions as if you were entering each room one by one, when as soon as someone screams the whole place is now a battlefield.

This shit is inexcusable for 12th level encounters. The party has had teleport and dimension door for awhile now, yet the book is written as if an invisible familiar isn't doing the scouting, as if the barbarian couldn't level the entire building in 3 minutes, and is if they actually need to fight anyone inside to rescue the hostage in the basement.

It's so damn confusing.

This is especially infuriating in reign of winter when you get to the Russian prison camp.

Dont vigilantes get like +20 to that disguise attempt?

Sometimes it's assumed that the alarm is going to be raised, sometimes they actually give details on how it changes the tactics of other monsters...but yeah, mostly they just remain at their posts.

I can see why, I mean you wouldn't want the PCs to get bum rushed all at once.

Yeah, but that attempt is going up against a fucking lawyer.

Truth is, I'm interested in reading which party member Sersheon decides to shack up with first - and if not Sersheon, than the Mad Jackal!

Most people are entering the dungeon room by room
You suffer from delusion of thinking the APs were ever written for player like you

Yori is the highest at +10, followed by Deidre, Shizuka and Tyran!

You have to accept that some things make no sense, because adventuring itself makes no sense

Nobody would just walk into danger full knowing it is there

Sersheon's total disguise is +30, currently, for the purposes of 'not being found out as her other identity' (+10 normally), and her bluff is +8, but I *think* rules wise the disguise check supersedes bluffing.

As far as who she shacks up with first, well, it depends on who she thinks the strongest mother or father among the group would be...

First for getting the tender loving care of the tsundere sylph doctor, expertly mending my wounds while he struggles not to look at my body, playful breezes caressing the places he's secretly eyeing.

>the highest at +10

FUCKING LAWYER

I thought I was doing good with my +6 too.

Daily reminder that being sexually sadistic makes you of an evil alignment in real life.

It's posts like these that I wish there was a reaction image with a spray bottle.

Being fair, Vigilantes get, flat out the gate, a +20 to disguise checks against people who suspect her social or vigilante identity might be the other one.

Quinn's got a 9, too.

What if I am masosadistic? I also noted that masosadistic spellchecks to sadomasochistic.

He's got an 8. Learn to read, he's the blind one not you.

What if I follow SSC religiously?

Nobody cares about you anymore. You're not a celebrity anymore, you're obsolete, your character is bad, and you should feel bad.

Paizo does not anticipate minmaxing.

APs are built to 11 CHA duegar antipaladins.

My favorite is getting an adamantine weapon in Iron Gods and just cutting through the fucking spaceship. Paizo never anticipated this.

They do not need to
The money is not in those that minmax anyway

Oh I was talking about real life fetishes. My bad.

11 CHA duergar antipaladins that poisoned their family despite duergar being immune to poison.

maybe intern wrote that

That just makes it more impressive desu.

So what would sitting in Lava feel like if your immune/resistant to fire.

>tfw I'm a sadist

Probably like a bath of warm gelatin.

Like being in quick sand.
Also remember that even if you stop the fire damage, it is a flowing river of LAND, not water.
It will still fucking crush you

[PROFESSION (BARRISTER) INTENSIFIES]
I don't have Lawyer to sense motive, just good wisdom.

it'd likely feel uncomfortably warm. Lava is also very slow moving, so it'd be like being dunked in molasses.

and then when you climb out, you have to get it all off or it'll harden into obsidian.

Like a bag of sand.

That's not a very impressive bust, Senpai!

Don't be mean
It is the best she can do

>tfw GM makes things worse for you because they don't understand a rule properly
>point out the actual rule
>they agree they misunderstood but say "well the way I was thinking makes more sense, it's homeruled now"

She's also the same age as infernal Cheliax.
Literally, at 86 she was born in 4640, the year Abrogail Thrune I unified the country.

Chore?
What part of the best part is a chore???

It's sadomasochistic. Because sadists are always over masochists, you fucking swine.

Anyway, being sadomasochistic is still evil.

Lawful evil.

>Implying golden tits aren't the best kind of tits

Is her hair nailed to the wall?

that'd be a tail. Too thick to be a clump of hair.

>a tail

Ahh. I see. I think.

That was weird. Meant to quote you.

It's not whether they're big or small, it's how much I get to play with them.

Anyone else feel like that Barbarian rage powers are awkward?

They do not really feel impactful outside of very few

If you're suggesting the best ones aren't very showy, I'd agree, but I wouldn't say they lack impact

I meant majority of the powers do not feel important

I'm reminded of the rated-R adventure JJ wrote for Dragon, where a rakshasa paid handsomely to have succubi to natural attack him, because their claws couldn't break his DR, so it felt nice.

A lot of them are kinda shit.

Like 'once per rage, deal an extra piddly amount of damage'

Look at the Unchained Barb rage powers, a lot of them are better. Like, that shitty rage power got turned into a rage STANCE which gives extra damage as long as you're in it.

Sure but the stances do not really fit barbarian as a class

That's why ragecycling became a thing; once you're immune to fatigue, "once per rage" becomes "once per round", and some of these shitty powers become acceptable.

That's in Wrath of the Righteous, isn't it? Or one of the APs at least.

Yeah, but it shouldn't HAVE to be a thing, I believe was the sentiment. And to be honest, I kinda agree. You shouldn't have to toggle it on and off repeatedly for things to work properly.

Nah, it was pre-Pathfinder, a crazy lewd 3.5 adventure in Dungeon #95, called Porphyry House Horror. Back before Paizo was SJW central.

There's good and bad ones, but you get a *lot* so it's built to stack up.

The first two in the Undead Blood chain can be decent; there's some uses for shaken

Natural Attackers gain a fuckton of things from rage powers, including the first two of the Draconic Blood series, and a bleeding bite attack among others

POUNCE, MOTHERFUCKER! DO YOU SPEAK IT?

World Serpent Totem ain't too terrible, Superstition is excellent if timed non-stupidly...

There's a lot of handy ones.

>you get a lot
10 is a lot?
And that is by lvl 20
At lvl 8, you have like 4

not that user but sometimes i take the feat extra rage power

Barbarian is already feat starved tho

>power attack
Done.

... How? Power Attack and Raging Vitality.

Kablamzo! You got all you need!

>Barbarian
>feat starved

you mean the Power Attack that most games give out for free?

>most games give power attack for free
Nah.

This is not about pure functionality
Feats are still great for personal customization, unlike rage powers which most of them are really ... bland comparatively

Does anyone have the custom weapon rules?

I didn't get much help last thread so I will ask again.

I'm going to play Reign of Winter with one other player. We start at 4th level (GM of course will ajust everything) and get a free familiar (improved if we already havve one). All DSP and Paizo allowed. The other player plays stalker (vigilante) focused on stealth, stabbing and skillmonkeying. What would be better then for me to play: Psion or Occultist? What about archetypes from here?

>docs.google.com/document/d/1RzrGU81xkZUwavvnoTEfpLa-z9ElnkzWbNb_r2r9GJs/edit#heading=h.las0oihqo89v

I'm going to focus on providing utility and flanking or some other way of denying enemies their Dex to AC. The stalker guy is pretty heavily optimized so I don't think he will need much buffing (Time Skitter is a thing, for example).

Also, pic related.

>Feats are still great for personal customization, unlike rage powers which most of them are really ... bland comparatively
The VAST MAJORITY of feats are pretty bland as well.

There on the weapon section of the SRD.