>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Jumpers, what was the first time you managed to physically no sell something that definitely would have killed you before your chain began? Did you flinch?

>Meta: (of a creative work) referring to itself or to the conventions of its genre; self-referential. "the enterprise is inherently ‘meta’, since it doesn't review movies, for example, it reviews the reviewers who review movies"
I dunno. It's certainly "something" but I don't know that Meta is accurate to describe it. Meta would more refer to a perk that increases the power of all other perks by 50%. This seems more like putting in options for jumps that you want as abilities rather than something they have as a part of them.

First time linking to an old thread. Hope this works.

Disgaea. Broke a sword on my face.

love me senpai

Someone shot me it Ring of Red. It stung.

Have you ever screwed someone over for your own benefit Jumper? Maybe you stole some luck here and there, or maybe you destroyed the economy for your own benefit?

When they talk about meta, it's generally about jumpmaking meta. There are some unspoken conventions that everyone follows except for a few oddballs, and most of these oddballs are either largely ignored or heavily criticized. The author in question tends to push the envelope a lot as far as jumpmaking meta goes, hence why people keep using the term to refer to her habits.

Also it's no worse the Blue Feathers. It literally just makes the item have fiat guarantee.

It is nearing completion my friends. All I really need is to do the capstone booster + perhaps the other movement-based perks, companions, and drawbacks

Expect it by Saturday at the latest!

I got run through with swords, crushed by giant monster trucks, and lots of other other violent stuff happened to me that would have definably killed me during the Dr. McNinja jump. I have yet to post about it, but I will soon once I post my gemcraft build Thanks to the UG cells on my body I regenerated from it almost instantly.

I got shot in the head in Worm. I fell over because I panicked like a normal person would.
You do realize people complain about blue feathers pretty consistently, right?

If the author hadn't shot themselves in the foot repeatedly before attempting it, it probably wouldn't have turned out to be such a fiasco. While you're technically correct, a large part of it stems from the fact that there are plenty of people here who already see everything she does in a negative light, so even if there are precedents, people are more than likely to ignore them and continue criticizing her. She tried to play the popularity game and lost badly.

Saitama punched me into blood mist, thank Benefactor for regeneration.

Not entirely no-sell, but I was shot in Infamous and survived thanks to durability and regen.

Since you are here I have a Metroid question. Is your speed in Morph Ball form based on your speed?

It's basically you if you were a round ball. So you'd roll easier. That aside, yeah, it's just your speed.
Never

A question about the Penance Stare.

How does it work in regards to the killing of demons? I'm talking about demons from multiple settings, that have souls and such. Can a hero that slayed a thousand demons be harmed by the penance stare?

Note that even a single Imperial I-Class Star Destroyer has a volume roughly half a _billion_ times greater than Nicholas Cage's motorbike in the movie.

What about going with how the Sims 3 jump gives your Warehouse a basement level. That way if jumpers want a bigger garage, it's up to them to get creative about it using others perks/tricks:

Garage (200cp, Discount Rider). This adds a garage level under the floor of your Cosmic Warehouse, accessible by your choice of stairs or grungy industrial elevator, with all the basic tools necessary to service, repair and pimp out any vehicle you own. Your warehouse Key can open directly into this level, and if you bought Portal it's now big enough to fit your vehicles. You can upgrade the place further, but its primary purpose must be to store your rides. For an extra 50cp, your tires can leave trails of eldritch flames and loud angelic/demonic electric guitar riffs can accompany your driving, whenever you wish.

So as soon as I had any semblance of extraordinary durability I would attempt to no-sell all kinds of attacks, especially by interjecting myself in front of an attack meant for someone else.

This backfired horribly in lovecraft when an avatar of Nyarlahotep attempted to strike down an investigator I had gotten rather attached to.

Which resulted in me lying on the ground hemorrhaging cell medals, with a crack in one of my cores, nearly dead.

It was a rough time.

That sounds like there's no technical limit to the size, and the basement can be essentially as big as it needs to be. If that's what you're going for I guess.

The last thread went over this. It works according to action, not context or intent.. You kill somebody? The Penance Stare accounts for that regardless of any other factorst. It isn't based on the behavior of anyone else.

What ways are there to give someone access to a magic system without losing the ability to use it myself?

I know Obsidian Trilogy has that Wild Magic perk but I'm looking for something with a broader range.

It means the garage is supposed to have the same square footage as what you got for your Cosmic Warehouse - you can make it bigger if you can find a way, but this perk won't do it for you.

Laharal as a girl is funny enough I'm considering making that permanent.

One of JLD's Magician capstones can do it through lewds.

I feel like I am going to be mugged for my CP when this jump is finished. Good stuff.

Garage (200cp, Discount Rider). This adds 40,000 Square Feet of garage under the floor of your Cosmic Warehouse, accessible by your choice of stairs or grungy industrial elevator and with all the basic tools necessary to service, repair and pimp out the vehicles you keep here. Your warehouse Key can open directly into this level, and if you bought Portal it's now big enough to fit your vehicles. You can upgrade the place further, but its primary purpose must be to store your rides. For an extra 50cp, your tires can leave trails of eldritch flames and loud angelic/demonic electric riffs can accompany your driving, whenever you wish.

Better?

I'm just wondering if speed perks can help or if I should get the Speed Booster if I want to roll around at the speed of sound.

Sorry, got Sonic on the brain from Digger's new wip. Metroid, Sonic, what's next?

Im just gonna say

Being able to phase through solid/non attuned attacks with the Nemean Hide Symphogear is the weirdest most uncomfortable shit when you're not used to phasing in and out of stuff

I should really get to writing what my armor looks like these days, lots of changes n stuff

Magitek Mastery from FF6.

There's a perk in FF6 that can do that, but it takes time for them to learn it and reach their potential in it, both skill and power wise.

Wait what? I don't remember it requiring lewds.

Thank you, friend.

I missed out on the last thread, didn't realise it had already been discussed. Apologies

There's a perk in Kairos, Inner Peace I believe the name is, that allows you to give others magic systems by kissing them. Two uses a jump though.

I didn't say it was /limited/ to lewds, just that it /could/ work through lewds.

user, you could initiate entire armies.

Was killing them criminal (in the moral sense)? If the answer is yes, you're in trouble.

So if the hero slew a thousand demons because they were hell-bent on torturing a town full of innocents, he'd be okay. If he slew them just for kicks, however, he'd be in trouble (even if they were torturing innocents).

Wait, never mind, I am the dumb. The perk is Passing the torch.

Probably. The main catch with the former was mostly that people game on the term "vehicle" all the time. Even that fortress landtank or whatever from Light of Terra is probably considered a vehicle for some.

I feel like there's an Oglaf strip similar to this.

Jump 12: Gemcraft
Origin: Wizard (100 CP)

Perks
>Set The Field (Free)
Good for building fortifications
>Stand Your Ground (Free)
Boosting magic in case of defense. Nice.
>Orb of Presence (Free)
>Will Unbound (100 CP)
>Intelligent Preparation (100 CP)
I can make palm sized gems that do fancy stuff
>Superchromat (100 CP)
>Command and Conquer (100 CP)
>We Are Amplified (200 CP)
>Enduring Eternity (300 CP)
This will tie in nicely to my magicite creation. I can just seal a monster in a gem for later and make magicite out of it.

Spells:
>Bolt (Free)
>Wake of Eternity (100 CP)

Wizard Skills:
>Fusion: 5
>Mana Stream: 11, +6% Max Mana, 16% Mana Regeneration
>Blood Bound: 2, 8% Higher Component Stats
>Traps: 1, 5% Specials multiplier for gem traps

Items
>Wizard Talisman (Free)
>Gratuitously Large Book of Achievements (Free)
It’ll give me something to do on jumps in the downtime.

Drawbacks
>(+200) Glaring
I’m pretty well-practiced at fantasy tactics, even if tower defense isn’t my specialty, I’ve developed a feel for tactics. My rolls were pretty good so far, and I didn’t experience a lot of bumps. Overall, this was a good, decent jump. It could have been worse, but it didn’t and I’m, frankly, relieved. A very comfy little homey jump for me.

The last jump was greek fantasy themed, and the two before that were sci-fi settings, and while that was nice, I need to go back to my roots. I adore Fire Emblem. I adore fantasy strategy. I thrive in these sorts of settings.

I pretty much went and sealed the Forgotten into the Gem of Eternity after a long fight. I wasn’t going to take a risk in sealing the Forgotten in a gem I made. I kept her, however. I’m planning on turning her into Magicite when I can kill her so I can use her as a weapon. I’m hoping this won’t put me on the path to corruption. *shivers* Spent the jump consolidating my power and learning gemcraft magic from the grateful wizards. This entire jump was like candy to me since I love magic shiny things, especially when magic shiny things that shoot things, especially when they are the size of a small car. I love you big shiny shooty thing.

How is the danger level of that jump?

I'm not entirely sure? I admittedly know very little about gemcraft, but I suppose it's fairly safe as long as one refrains from any drawbacks.

It can apparently get pretty high powered, but the jump gives you the tools to deal with that. So you're probably good.

Jumpers, when have you been the BBEG/final boss?

Time for some good old nostalgic mid-2000s weirdness...I miss those days.

Jump 13: Dr. McNinja
Origin: Drop-In
Starting Location: Dracula’s Moonbase

Perks
>I Hate Magic (400 CP)
Seems useful, and my Resurrection Perk from Disgaea prevents me from getting killed permanently with enough prep. I could stop most spells as long as I’m not impulsive or anything.
>Astronaut (Free)
>The Only Sane Man (100 CP)
Giant robot jumps won’t freak me out as much, yay
>Graduated High School Because Of You (200 CP)
This is good. Will help keep me in good standing if I fuck up.
>Interdimensional Chrononaut (300 CP)
Two of me. Nice.
Items
>Inoktek Legacy Book (400 CP)

Drawbacks
>(+200) Doc Finds you Suspicious
>(+200) Most Rad

A thankfully short jump, although...McNinja and King Radical were problems. Big ones.

Question: Would Speaking From a Pure Heart from Minish Cap provide any resistance against a Penance Stare? What about Megolovania or a Herald's sword?

Pretty much all the time these days, though it's more of an act than anything. I took Corruption adept from Spyro early chain and then I took as many dark powers and I could find, plus the Edge perk tree from Remember Me.
I make it a point to become the central nexus of evil for every jump I enter, then I groom some hero to take me down. The end result generally leaves the place better off than it was before I entered, with some exceptions.

I'm a strong believer in the idea that nothing unites people more than a common enemy, so that's basically my jumper's modus operandi.

“Don’t you have any shame in ruining my daughter’s birthday party?”

“I would have, if the birthday party wasn’t a coverup for an evil ritual to SUMMON DEMONS and cake wasn’t supposed to be RITUALLY EATEN.”

“...I have no interest in tampering with those sorts of beings. Leave.”

“I don’t think so, liar!”

And then I attempted to slap him, he ducked, and we had a fistfight.

I tried to run my Gelato shop in peace, but Dr. McNinja was convinced it was a shady operation. He reasoned that my gelato shop was really a front for a creepy cult and that I wanted to summon some demon. He also assumedI had brainwashed my companions into helping me. (Probably didn’t help that my shop was occult themed) He’d also claim that my gelato shop was spreading disease and slash open all my gelato containers.

And then I had to deal with King Rad’s assassins.

McNinja was annoying, but not seriously threatening. He never made any attempts on my life, he just showed up, trashed my store and ruined our family outings sometimes. Heck, sometimes he even ate at the shop. But King Radical actively tried to kill me. The attempts got so bad that I reincarnated in a level 1 form because they were successful in killing me. My obnoxious healing factor was a lifesaver. As long as nobody severed my head, I was good. I had to resort to summoning Gemcraft me to act as a body double during times when my paranoia was at it's highest. Thank god for Nanoha tech because I could have been a double goner without that barrier popping up. Never again would Tsundachi leave my sight. She was okay with that. At this point, we pretty much only bickered the same way good friends did. Calling each other names and playfully bullying each other.

I thought I’d enjoy the silliness but at the end, I had lost my patience. By the time my ten years were up, the only times I left the warehouse was when I was running the gelato store or buying groceries.

Would Faustian Flip work on something like retaining the Power Cosmic becoming a Herald of Galactus and buggering off?

Most recently was the scenario in Tales of Phantasia. Those plucky kids thought I was the Devil himself, for all the evil they attributed to me. But after I smacked them down a few times and provided concrete evidence that the world was genuinely a better place for my actions (even if they didn't like some of the consequences), they kind of petered out. I did a similar racket in Highschool DxD, mostly because I wanted to provide Issei with an actually morally complex villain instead of the caricatures he usually has to deal with. I let him win that one, though, without a scenario for me to lose I didn't care. And honestly, he deserved it. Kid went through some pretty good emotional growth as a result of training to defeat me, I felt I should let him have the win.

Probably. Though because of how Galactus' Heralds work all you'd need to do would be this, Faustian Flip or no:

>becoming a Herald of Galactus and buggering off

Is there some way to splice magical energy or soul energy or something into yourself the same way you would with genetics bullshit to gain access to that energy or powers associated with that soul or something?

Say like taking a sliver of the Odin Force, injecting it into yourself and then that growing into your own pool of the Odin Force.

...Potentially Adaptive Body from GoW? But I don't know if you'd be able to grow it without something like Rare Kind from Samurai Deeper Kyo.

Sure, why not? Anything sufficiently supernatural or the like. Just not something like getting someone to drunkenly agree to give you all of their money or whatever.

Would the leader of the Necrons appreciate it if I gifted him a human form and the ability to bestow human forms upon others?

...no. No he would not. In fact he would probably try to kill you and then himself. That's like asking if the leader of the Daleks would appreciate being given a human form and the ability to bestow human forms upon others.

Speaking From A Pure Heart might make you immune, maybe, but I wouldn't rely on it (the Penance Stare doesn't check for emotional purity, it examines your sins, so fanwank something?)

Megalovania will do nothing to stop a Penance Stare, per se.

What's a Herald sword from?

Immunities to having your soul read (can't inflict pain for sins you can't detect) or controlled (can't inflict pain even if you can detect sins) would work. Castlevania's Power Of Dominance would be a case of the latter.

Or not their leader, but Szarekh? Also, the Daleks were once human-esque humanoids, so... And Davros.

I meant more would /Pure of Heart/ protect against Megalovania. And Herald is from SMT.

Yeah, the Daleks were once humanoid, but their whole culture is based on how awful that was. They're "better" now. Making any of them humanoid again would give them the ability to experience emotions other than hate again, but would thoroughly piss the rest of them off.

>Adaptive Body
Hmm... Would that work with the Power Cosmic? Failing that, would Inner Self because the Power Cosmic replaces the Marvel soul.

>implying anything in a Red jump would be helpful for obtaining power like this.

Isn't their leader basically a cyborg in a wheelchair? Also, Szarekh has been seeking penance for his part in creating the Necrons, and more specifically has been looking for a way to return them to bodies of flesh.

The sin sense is actually independent of Penance Stare. The Penance Stare doesn't scan, it just works.

Actually several Red jumps have perks and items that are pivotal in combos to become literally omnipotent.

>Daleks were human-esque
Yes, and you know what they are know? Genocidal monsters who hate everyone not them. One self-destructed upon being "infected" with humanity. Like the Doctor once said "Because it honestly believes they should die. They're different, and anything different is wrong." Plus this .

As for Szarekh? He doesn't want Penance, he just wants to have fleshy bodies again and rebuild their old empire due to the C'Tan stabbing them in the back. He'll turn on the rest of the galaxy as soon as the Tyranids are beaten.

It's bait.
Now he'll respond to you with something about nerfs.
Just watch.

now*, not know.

Come on user

You say that, shitposter, but one Red jump lets you get strong enough to punch a creator deity across a solar system.

That's my title.
I refer to myself as such on a consistent basis, though in stealth jumps it comes off as more of a joke.

Notable jumps were, like ...
> Mad Max - built an empire out of raiders, wore Sauron armour, had giant musical numbers. Raiders all thought the title referred to being the boss above all the other raider bosses. Raiders are idiots.
> Neptunia - took "Because Everyone Believes In Me", so I was Nepgear. And I mostly played it straight. But sometimes, when I really got tired of crap, I'd activate a bunch of intimidation perks at once out of nowhere and ask, "You know I'm the final boss, right?" ... and people would take a moment to placate me.
> Bravely Default - referred to myself as such while boasting to Airy. She's a companion now!
> Erfworld - hacked my stats to display "Final Boss" in kaleidoscopic rainbow letters instead of "Carnymancer" partway through the plot. Declared myself as such to Charlie and Jillian on separate occasions. Had some conversations with other characters about the nature of the word "Final" and its pertaining to Erfworld. Stanley didn't care.
> Undertale - referred to myself as such repeatedly during ongoing attempts to murder Frisk. Got philosophical about the nature of the word "Final". Being stuck in a repeating time loop does weird things to your feelings.

It's shown up in other jumps, too? But... mostly as just a random title or declaration.

I mean, I doubt you even need it for that. Doom has repeatedly stolen the PC from SS or Galactus and only lost it because of the status quo needing to remain as such.

Could someone rec me a relatively safe jump? I need time to chill out after the Doctor McNinja jump.

Well, yeah. Generally power-/energy-stealing perks aren't /needed/ to obtain a power or type of energy, they're just useful for insurance.

I thought you preferred to be the sidekick or minion to the BBEG?

YouTube.

>implying
>being this blind

Come on, you dumbfucks have been dealing with this bitch for over three years now. Are you literally reaching the point of deluding yourselves to find those trashy PDFs acceptable?

You've seen the arguments over Bayonetta or GoW. You know what I'm talking about.

Wouldn't Drain No work better for this if you're worried about losing it?

Oh. No, it wouldn't. SFAPH gives the illusion of purity, but you're not actually pure (unless you are).

So based on this SFAPH would protect against the sin sense, but if they went ahead and used the Penance Stare (or Megalovania) on you anyway, it won't help. Looks like Herald would be similar - you wouldn't ping as a sinner, but if they decided to blast you anyway it wouldn't protect you.

I'm reminded that there's a fuck who has been on a three-year crusade on a Mesopotamian cave-painting board dedicated to trying to drive someone away from a self-insert choose-your-own-adventure community.

And subsequently I'm reminded I've been here for three fucking years.

What is life?

They both serve different purposes: Drain No would prevent anyone from stealing it, while Adaptive Body would prevent it from radiating away or otherwise getting weaker. Also, if you choose a non-Drop in origin, there's no guarantee that you'll have it in your new body.

Only to characters I like and admire. It's not really a secret or anything, but I started jumping largely so I could meet characters. When that happens, I usually tend to fangirl and give them excessive leeway.

I think it's also pretty important to remember that just because you're not the one in charge, that doesn't necessarily mean you're not the final boss? Plenty of characters took up the reigns in the last leg of the plot or so. Kefka stole the position from Gestahl, and Ramirez went on a bender after Galcian died.
Final Boss doesn't have to mean "I'm the one in charge." It just means, "I'm going to be the last enemy you face."
Which, you can take that sentence in a couple different ways, if you wanted.

It isn't that bad if you set goals for yourself and work to achieve them.

>because the Power Cosmic replaces the Marvel soul.
This begs a couple of questions really first, how can people like doctor doom and deadpool survive gaining and then losing the power cosmic since... they should have no soul.
Second I wonder if this screws over Jumpers with soul based powers who grabbed the power cosmic. Since it seems having a soul and having the power cosmic are mutually exclusive.

Well, to be fair, running around without a soul is totally possible in Marvel.

>What is life?
I dunno user, what is love?

So, is there any reason to get No Soul to Burn if you already have Power of Dominance and have used Merging+Aspect Manifestation once or twice?

:^)

Why even get Aspect and Merging? Doesn't Power of Dominance do the same thing they do?

No, not really. But Inner Self from Demon's Souls does. Also, not every spiritual being or demon has a soul for either that or PoD.

No, not really.

Anons have you ever fucked up really REALLY badly?

Merging+Aspect Manifestation is overrated as fuck and lazy to boot desu

How so, user?

Anyone know where I can get omens tied to my presence?

Recent Infernals stuff has reminded me of the Blasphemy keyword charms in Infernals and the particularly ominous side effect of Infernal Monster Form:
>the character’s presence imposes automatic failure on all thaumaturgical divination methods (such as astrology) used within a mile, causing them to return a single disturbing result: “The monster is here.”

>overrated

There are ways to achieve greater spiritual power without having to bet on something you can beat in a fight that take more work and preptime. Example off the top of my head: The hormunculus body things you can get from Valkyrie Profile.

>lazy

It's literally eat thing, gain X.

I was the user last thread who turned the entire world of Harry Potter save some demons, cultists, and villains against me because I made them all think I was an ancient demon lord come back to take over the world. I suppose using Heylin magic didn't really help my case...

While it's true that there are greater ways to achieve raw spiritual power, versatility is (usually) much harder to attain. As for "[betting] on something you can beat in a fight", it's literally just a battle of wills.

>lazy
Eh, oh well? That's not really too important, desu senpai.

From what I've seen most of the hate came from the time when it was just 'slap this on literally anything and it'll follow you forever even if it doesn't fit in the warehouse'.