"Remember to filter out tripfriends, fanfiction, wowposting, and 40k" edition

>resources
pastebin.com/tp31cBzS

>General's Handbook pdf is up
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

Link to old thread:

Tripfriends and fanfiction is ok. Wowposting and 40k should not be tolerated.

Aleves when?

Been working on my Blightkings for the local shop's army. Got done with the lord of plagues last night what cha think?

Got Seraphon battletome and i want 2nd army for the collection.
Which one bros?
Ironjawzzz? Sigmarines?
Death and Chaos are kinda edgy

DON'T TALK ABOUT MY BOYS IN BLACK LIKE THAT

Ironjawz are really cool. I like their models too. Sigmarines I feel are so lame and well...sigmarines. So are there no like Empire units anymore then? Kind of a shame

Warhammer Online: Age of Sigmar when?

bro but they ARE edgy

I'd think they would do an end times campaign for it first. But I doubt after that they would venture into AoS, because apparently they were pretty pissed and salty about AoS happening.

I can't wait to play my Orrcus army against your Aeulefs and maybe a 3rd player can play their Ogyors or Dwerfuz

1.5k Pestilens, Gonna smash the lizard-things tomorrow

All shall rot-wither

There is nothing edgy about daemons. It is simply their nature.

Beastmen and Khorne are maximum edge.

Slaves to Darkness are only as edgy as you want them to be.

Why did FW delete this boy?

>mfw i like to paint my army monochrome B&W because i can do wtf i want

>"lol when will you finally paint your shit man"
>"Lol at leats each model is like 2 minutes"
>"lol this tournament is 3 color and wash minimum"
>"yeah you won but at leats my army is PAINTED"

>"lol this tournament is 3 color and wash minimum"
never heard more autistic sentence than this,
you came to play the game or tape-measure your dick size?

i think i'd rather go rats

because not enough sales.
I emailed them a while back, this, both incarnates, the mourngul, giant squig, and the dreadmaw were going OOP after the batch is sold because everyone keep loving those model but no one buys.
both incarnates and this sold out, i guess its a matter of time before the rest is out.

If that dragon is yours, then i say fuck 'em it looks great.

If not, post something now i wanna see it.

That said you should be lucky you have opponents who can say 'At least my stuff is painted' wish the faggots at my lgs painted their shit

Is it because they're lookin sharp?

I play slaves aka Chaos Warriors and Chosen and Beasts. Nowhere near as edgy as slaanesh/Khorne.

>That rust on the armour
oh baby

i dunno bro...
i am looking for something outside Order alliance.
Got Seraphon so now it's turn for something else

I once saw a very beautifull Sepia tone destruction force.
The guy won the tournament and the TO disqualified him because people were saying that the army wasnt "painted".

Most of the army where painted like pic related.. i remember the salty semi finalist (now the winner) being like "sepia is just 1 color man, next time try to show up in the tournament with something painted"

the place (more like a club in a school every weekend) lost half its gamers after this.

I'm gonna hurry and buy those chaos dwarves then

>Most of the army where painted like pic related
Jesus Christ, my first figure was better than this.
Also it there are fags like this in the tournament just put like 3 different colors on the base of the figure to make them btfo, like some pattern or shit

>thinking hue is thing that determines color
sepia is one HUE not one color. actually a range of hues because color terms cover ranges for the most part, but a limited range.
Shade, chroma (some call it saturation, but that's a property of light, not pigment and I get anal about this shit), and temperature, all go into defining color.
And that's not even bringing in translucency and gloss.

And painting as a qualification is stupid. Have it be an alternate score or additional competition.

you should very much do so.
they teased the famous Kdaii Destroyer for a loong time and we saw it in many ForgeWorld event.

then it got squatted and the sculpt was reused for this shit.
Its like khorne didnt have enough miniatures.
I remember the shitstorm at the FLGS when they transformed it in Khorne shit and i was like "you are like fucking 20 to whine about this when not a single one of you bought any chaos dwarf ever!"

>"Okay kiddo, you know i was totally planning to get 638262948 points of chaos dwarf THIS year and this time its totally true not like the 4 last years, and now im boycotting"

Now im always asking if that guy will finally buy those FIMIR he like SO MUCH.
i guess they will be squatted before he buys any of them tho.

Sadly this shit is widespread, and its why if you have BRETONNIA sitting in the shelves for 20 years you sell 50 boxes/year worldwide but when they go WHILE STOCK LAST you Get 5000 orders a day.

GW understood this and is bringing back MTO, ots one of there best Marketing move ever.

should i get Ironjawz as my Seraphon counterpart or wait for something more interesting to get released?

Many tournament have the 3 color rule so that you dont play against Unpainted armies, it mainly comes from 40000 to avoid 30 people showing up with the lastest faq broken alliance barelly assembled.

ALL. the destruction battletome are very strong. they already got 3 so sadly they wont be another until we got at least 2 other Death battletome. and given 40k is entering endtimes and updating deamons, this could mean 2 years of wait

I've got 20 Clanrats, 20 Stormvermin and 5 Wolf Rats. Should I try to turn it into an army or sell it?

>they already got 3
but they only got 2 user

Its actually a weird case of timing. is right about sales, but the lack of sales was because like a lot of things in WHFB, there was next to no point to having it. AoS changed that and generated demand for both that and the mounrgul. It just so happened they sold out right before AoS dropped. Send FW an email asking about it, a lot of old stuff is coming back.

Alternative possibility is that someone broke the mold. That happened to one of the tau flyers, mate of mine got one of the last ones. They remade the model about 6 months later.

not sure if bait or if you really missed he most Powerfull and widespread of the 3 Destruction Battletome

>Do you even like Skaven
>Can you be bothered to play / paint skaven
>Can you accept that wolf rats are kind of shit
>Can you live without what little cash you could sell them for

If you answered yes to all of these then the next step is to buy a Hero, i recommend a Warlord. You now have him and 2 10 man clanrats for battleline , one massed block of Vermin and some slightly weak flankers

Strat collecting box and the spire of dawn where created to minimise resell value. so people keep models instead of bothering to sell.
youll get next to nothing with that, so better do a 1000 point force by addin a monster/ bell and more rats

I do rather like Skaven actually. I have the uniform and heraldry book from back in the day and think they have some nice models.

How is the verminus clawpack? If I was to get Spire of Dawn, a box of Stormfiends, an extra weapon team and some kind of big hero or character as my general would I have a reasonable army?

Is it as good as the sylvaneth tome? Good as in adds extra shit like spells relics and allegiance abilities.

Rolled 4, 4, 3, 4, 4, 5 = 24 (6d6)

It does, but the only really valid configuration is lolKunninRukks if you want to play competitively.

The army really does suffer from not having a centerpiece model, not to mention shitty saves, stats, and bravery.

lol, it doesn't show up in the search unless i specifically select Bonesplitterz.
wew, nice page GW.
So yeah, i missed it

so what they need is their own maw krusha? it is odd in this age of big plastics that they didn't just bang out a big plastic squiggoth with options for a leader or a castle of bow wielding orcs on top for them.

How are Concussors compared to other Dracothian Guard?

Pretty much. I'm surprised they don't have the Rouge Idol as a leader-behemoth or some sort of sacred skeletal bone-beast or something.

They really just need a command ability to bring the army together. Massed Savages are meh, but your army is either that, ranged spam, or really gimmicky monster hunters. Big Stabbaz are "good" but weird to use due to positioning/cost/their poor hit/wound. And boars are generic boring mounted units.

The cool thing is 2wounds per model, but it doesn't really matter when your to-hit is so bad a single Mourngul or Neferata tells you to sit the fuck down.

Maybe someone else can tell me if I am playing them wrong, cause I love the aesthetic of playing savages, but I can't see them being anything more than archerspam: the army.

All I've seen them used for really is Cheap batteline.

What's the most noob friendly army? Never played anything Warhammer but I'm enjoying the AoS novels.

Oh, and the prevalence of rend makes it so their army ability is both nice and sorta meh. Most of the time, a 6+ save isn't worth trading in the 1d6 move in the hero phase you get from destruction abilities.

Mathhammering, a 16% chance to save on the 120-200 wounds a bonesplitter army has in a game only gives you maybe 20 more wounds to play with, effectively. I rather move almost double speed on average.

Stormcast eternals
They are the most beginner friendly on purpose

1000 points FEC.

The goal is to hopefully create enough ghouls to reach croticall anvil mass in 2 turn.
the 4 leaders create an average of 20 ghouls a turn and then i get 3d6 flat additional model through the bataillon.

The local meta is Melee armies Heacy so i will have 2 turn of creation before having to fight.

if i could add 60 models in thise 2 turn then the wargulf can just get out of covrr and jump on everything artillery and the ghouls... well try to do something.
i guess at 1000 points ghouls are still relevant.

We always play with Garnished table as we all love Tabletop-World, so hiding isnt an issue really.

The list goes :

3 Vargulf Courtier
1 Ghoul Courtier
3x10 Ghoul Squad
1 Ghoul Patrol Bataillon

yay or nay ?

So, how are Fimir?

my god how phoneposting is bad. im sorry.

The 3 Wargulf are more than enough for a hammer at 1000 points i think.

This is true.

How are Tzeentch Daemons in AoS? I ended up buying them to play both 40k and AoS, I didn't realise they were so strong in 40k and I just hope it's not the same for AoS.

silly question, but did you paint rice-grains to make those maggots?

what do you think are going to be next battletomes?
i kinda want Wood Elves, i want some nature race but the tree people don't scratch that itch for me

For a noobie to AoS, and to table-top warhammer in general, what is a decently-priced buy for starting an army with?

I was considering Spire of Dawn because skaven look fun, but also because none of my friends collect AoS, so it would also be good for playing a few quick rounds with them to introduce them.

or would it be better in the long run to just buy one of the "start collecting" boxes now, then buy another one for a friend to play with once I have the first box finished?

also, what races seem most fun to play in your opinion? i know nothing of the races pro's and con's so idk where to even begin

Do you like either of the armies in Spire of Dawn? It's really a steal for 80 bucks, if only to run intro games.

Pretty good
Their base weapon has 3 attacks and a 2"/3+/3+/-2/1 profile that deals double damage on a wound roll of 6+, paired with a second weapon that gets one attack at 1"/4+/3+/-/1 per model. Couple that with a 4+ save that turns into a 3+ against ranged attacks, and a 5+save against ranged mortal wounds AND the fact that if they don't die they go back up to 3 wounds each during each of your hero phases...

Big Bitey has arrived!

M O L D L I N E S
O
L
D
L
I
N
E
S

I've not cleaned it up yet, silly. Don't worry.

It has some gaps I need to greenstuff too. It came pre-glued by some hairy-knuckled git but it was cheap so...

How'd that tiny little goblin get up there on that big old wolf anyways?

He stepped on a snotling's 'ead.

He got on it when it was smaller and never got off

Is there a list somewhere that gives the details on the warscroll battalions? I have the ones from the Order book so all I need are Chaos, Destruction, and Death.

I particularly like the red on the infected skin.

Gotta say though man, if you wanna make maggot based you need to get yourself a "Green Stuff Tentacle Maker".

That's how I did the maggots on my base. Pic related.

How are Ironjawz in AoS? Also, is the game really as bad as people make it out to be or is it just pure though understandable butthurt after WFB?

I was looking to get back into wargaming and I really like the Ironjawz models, though I know near nothing about the game itself.

The butthurt comes from the fact that AoS is pretty much an objectively better game system than WHFB

This.

Well, as someone who played WFB some time before I would question that. On one hadn you could argue that there was no way to save the system other than scraping it completely, but still I can sort of symphatize with all the people who got their armies squatted.

pure butthurt, nothing else.
I find new rules better because i don't have to fucking study them like my life depends on it. I can focus on playing game instead of doing math and keeping track of numbers

Theyre probably the best kind of Dracothian Guard, especially if you give them any kind of +Hit buff.

This also destruction of 'muh lore' that had stagnated for like 10 years.

>the 4 leaders create an average of 20 ghouls a turn
No they don't

You don't have any reinforcement points, how are you going to make new units?

Those look pretty neat actually. I wonder if I could get away with proxying my plastic Fimir from HeroQuest

This x1000

WHFB was an overbloated mess. It DESPERATELY needed a rehaul and a lot of the stuff that people like to bash (Everything being able to hit everything else, units having all their rules listed in one place instead of using keywords) are objectively GOOD decisions especially from a "Getting new people to buy the game" standpoint
A lot of the salt probably comes from the fact that deep down in their shriveled hearts, WHFB players KNOW that THEY'RE the root cause of their favorite game dying

Wood Elves back when

Also a lot of the "I've never played WHFB and put off getting into the game for 10 years, but HOW DARE YOU change it" crowd.

Sylvaneth.

WHFB was in a state like 40k is now. The only reason why 40k is more successful than whfb was back when it was on its deathbed, is because of brand recognition and popularity of scifi in general.

And It really seems that AoS was an experiment by GW for overhauling a game. Since whfb was the least risky product to do it to, they did it and learned their lesson on some things. So now I think we will see the same done to 40k, but we likely see them not do the things they got the most flak for (i.e. no points, destruction of old setting), and do the things they got praise on (free rules, simplified rules).

Those people are also responsible for the game's death

but those are not elves, those are some prissy walking trees.
I want stuff like pic related

All existing armies will get their chances in the spotlight, don't worry. They are just not going to get around to them until the story does. So we are going to have to wait for the aelves factions.

not him but he isnt creating new unit. just adding models to existing units.
its not a summoning spell, its a passive ability

wonder if i will die of old age before that happens

You can't ever go past the starting size of the unit.

If you start with 10 ghouls you can't use the FEC abilities to get to 13.

They shoot, and they are pretty good at that. Obviously magic, but they die pretty fast if unsupported.

I've never seen a pure Tzeentch Daemon list win, because they need a meat shield or they just melt at the first charge.

is the liquid they're swarming in made from just pva? or is it something more expensive. that an ace look man.

Well if you are already about 85-90 yrs old, then that will likely happen.

that's another problem, but no need for points to buff existing units.

How is he creating ghouls if he is not paying points for them or ressurecting slain models?

Answer: he isn't creating ghouls.

You can't buff existing units with new models, all you can do is regenerate slain models.

New user here.

Keep in mind that this only applies to Matched Play. user's "make my army grow" plan is valid in the other two play types. Just keep in mind that you'll need a new plan when playing Matched.

True, but the first guy said he was using points so he is doing Matched Play

Bringing out my old whfb 6th/7th ed chaos army out of retirement for a tourny, would you think this is a good progression list? I own all the models, plus some more mages, 3 mighty skullcrushers and a couple of lords on mounts.

Brotherhood of Beasts - 1000
Lord of Chaos - 100
Exhalted Champion - 80
Sorcerer - 140
10 Chaos Warriors - 180
10 Chaos Warriors - 180
5 Chosen - 160
3 Dragon Ogres - 160

1500 -
Hellcannon - 300
Warshrine - 200

2000-
Sorcerer - 140
3 Dragon Ogres - 160
1 Gorebeast Chariot - 100
10 Chaos Marauders - 60

2500 -
Chaos Familiar - 40
5 Chosen - 160
Dragon ogre Shaggoth - 180
20 Marauders - 120

How should I base them? Red clay earth or frosty mountain? I kinda fewl like the snow-chaos is overdone, but it looks good.

Underrated post

Fucking phone. Meant to quote

It's two part epoxy resin with GW paint mixed in for opaqueness.

Thanks, they took forever. Worth it though imo

Have more paint job and hail Grandfather.

The best part is that goblins WOULD totally do that. Remember grom? once he got on his chariot, he NEVER got off

the first list is strange.
the 5 chosen will be shot out of the table before they do anything.
3 lone heroes and only 2p men. no fast moving unit.
redeeming unit is the dragon ogre because at least they can choose there fight.
second list double on the weakness of the first by adding literraly immobile unit.
500 point expansion from 1500 to 2000 looks good. just dont know why it comes there instead of at 1500.
For some reason at 2500 when people add behemoths you add 20 marauder.

I think you have the good models but everything is like, reversed.
you herohammer at low point and add cheap jnits the more you grow.
youll simply get shot off the table at 100 and 1500. or combocharged by weaker but faster units.

Basically you try to play WHFB with round base, that will not work at all. Chaos Warriors on foot arent able to 1v3 anymore... infact quite the contrary.

you also set yourself behind by not using any bataillon.

cheers, rethink your list because you have all the models needed.

My personal theory is they won't completely destroy the 40k setting, but they will break it up.
The two biggest factions, Chaos and the Imperials, are technically spread all over the galaxy, but the story is really tied down to two places. Terra and the Eye of Terror.
So I could see GW destroying those two, (and Commarragh too). Instead having lots of centers of human power, and lots of warp rifts. Now you can move the story around however you want, and not just be stuck at "when will Abbadon come out of the Eye of Terror" and "When will Terra fall".

They can then shack up factions, add new subfactions. etc etc. But the lot of the places in the 40k universe could still exist.

What are you working on /aosg/?