Warhammer 40k general

Shitposting sisters edition
previous

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

The shittiest tier list on the internet v5.

>S TIER
CWE
SM
CD
>A TIER
Necrons
DA
SW
GSC
Tau
IK
Magnus
>B TIER
Admech (War Convo somewhere between A and B tier)
CSM Post Traitor Legions
Deathwatch
SoB
>C TIER
Nids
Harlequins
GK
Inq
DE
AM
MT
BA
TS Without Magnus

>POINTLESS TIER
CSM w/o Traitor Legions
Orkz

I'm boycotting the new codex, someone pirate it for me.

Yeah but being stunned is a bitch.

Is there a competition for worst cover image going on?

Shadow of Ullanor epub? Anyone?

>"The war is over, Diocletian. Win or lose, Horus has damned us all. Mankind will share in his ignorance until the last man or woman draws the species' last breath. The warp will forever be a cancer in the heart of all humans. The Imperium may last a hundred years, or a thousand, or ten thousand. But it will fall, Diocletian. It will fall. The shining path is lost to us. Now we rage against the dying of the light."
- The Emperor

>"The war is over. Humanity has lost. Warhammer 40k - in all its Gothic, towering, Cylopean, decrepit, doomed, rotting Byzantine majesty - has taken its first irrevocable step."
- ADB, BL Author

>imagine bothering to play as ANY faction other than Chaos

Why are you even bothering?

Why play a game where the setting ending is decided for you? Are you a bunch of cucks?

Should I use my Chrimbo cash to start Thousand Sons or female Space Marines?

#
Yeah even though I was just trying to defend the codex a minute ago a lack of a decurion is baffaling and if it was included I would be giving the codex B+ Instead of a C

Nth for the hammer of the Emperor

Ave Imperator!

I'd rate orks above BA, DA and DE because they have a solid all around force despite being fairly meh across the board. DE suck balls unless its haemonculous all day every day and BA & DA are just vanilla marines minus the good bits.

Pic unrelated - my ludicrously yellow orks because damnit I want to blind everyone who looks at my force.

Thoughts on this color scheme? Also the Chapter Generator got the Nurglite update and the Deathwatch got Frag Cannons.

Mostly accurate, though Nids and MT should get their own D tier. Most of the C tiers have at least two or three viable strategies. Neither of those do.

Because humanity losing doesn't mean my precious nids have to lose.

I fucking love Flash Gitz why are they so bloody expensive and have no save!

Its like fielding a Riptide with a 6+ armour save.

so the last few threads have been super toxic, is it just the same couple people over and over again or is the community just in a shit mood right now?

It does by proxy. The Nids want to eat the Emperor cause he'd make them unstoppable, with him dead, Chaos expands the EoT and Maelstrom et al and engulfs the galaxy. Leaving Nids nothing to eat. Nids die.

> Should I use my Chrimbo cash to ruin the fun for myself or everyone around me?

I think with TSons being shit, Plastic Sisters (probably) not coming and Imperial Agents being shitter, there's a lot of people in shit moods right now.

It's Veeky Forums.

Community is in a shit mood for a whole load of reasons. Though there are a few resident shitposters.

That is too bright.
What's happened?

But I mean come on, we aren't b tier

Gangrene Infected Wound/10

But Genestealers man

That's some Naruto fanfiction tier lore interpretation user.

To lift your mood, look at traitor legions!

Looks pretty good.
When painting marines I do not have the patience to do something that is half and half unless it was a horizontal split at the waste with everything below the belt a different color or the helmet a different color.

Since when did beakies become annoying cheese?

Yeah I guess, it's just people are poisoning entire threads with petty arguments over nothing, a lot of times it seems just to feel better than someone or put them down instead of being constructive, in all for good debate , I just want it to lead somewhere

My yellow flash gitz are alright but theirspeciality is dreadknight killing. I dunno what mystic forces control it but everytime I face a dreadknight they WILL kill at least one.

Either they will roll AP2 and gun one down or my opponent will roll shit for saves but without fail they kill a DK per game when one is involved.

>That is too bright.

No, its not bright enough. When I make some kommandos they will be even brighter.

What's fluffier: 10 man in rhino, or 5 man in razorback?

1. 1K Sons rules were shit outside of Magnus. Models were great. People were disappointed.
2. Plastic SoB aren't coming. GW teased >us and clearly did it for reactions (muh joke!0
3. Master of Mankind book invalidates a large portion of the setting, factions and is just an all round awful fanwank book
4. Imperial Agents nerfed things people liked. Removed things people liked. Then didn't make use of a good idea (combining the factions together so you can do X and Y).

Lots of reasons.

WE ARE THE GODS OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER

>codex

10 man/rhino

>spehss wulf/crusading

5 man/razorback

Did anyone else just...stop paying attention to the lore years ago?

It used to be parody, then self parody, then it just got retarded.

Not really. The fluff states the Nids are attracted to the Emperor by 'months to flame'. That implies they want to eat him. We know they use genetic shit to improve themselves, so the logical conclusion is they become powerful.

The other fluff is outright stated. If Emperor falls, then EoT engulfs the galaxy and Chaos warps it to their liking. Nids can't live in that no matter what you say.

How were Tsons shit?

Yeah, but Deathwatch was shit.

Yeah, but TSons and Word Bearers were shit.

WE ARE THE SOLDIERS, THE LEGION OF LIGHT

I don't know how to feel about that.
Thank you, user. I tried going with something to fit with the name, but I ended up creating NLs without lightning. Green and yellow don't fit a name like "Children of the Night" do they?

Just people stringing petty as fuck arguments across an entire general, hopefully people learn to just stop feeding them

Overcosted and restricted to death.

The same reason they've always been shit: they're slow and overpriced

FIRE AND FLAME WE ARE ONE

WE ARE THE CENTRE, THE DEATH OF THE SUN

It's mainly people trying to piss of Carnac, since he only bothers with the fluff and by attacking it, it makes Carnac defend utter retard shit.

But some people are outright upset. People like the 'idea' they're 'fighting' for their faction to win. Being told that Chaos won before the Heresy was over is a bit of a kick in the balls. Taufags are upset their existence is utterly pointless to the setting. Necronfags are upset their existence as super powerful race isn't enough to hold back Chaos. orks are upset their existence is to be a butt of jokes and jobbers. Imperialfags are upset their existence was decided by a Chaos fanboy who writes utter shite.

Fair enough

YOU RUINED IT

No green and yellow doesn't fit Children of the Night.

Say umm...what do you think of this for my Children of the Dragon (Blood Angels successor turned Chaos.) With strong Vampire themes?

Rubrics are extremely overcosted mainly.

You had one fucking job, user.

Do we have the new novels, or do I need to wait for the new kat to come back up?

Your fanfiction comes from the fact that you assume the nids not eating the emperor is a loss condition. Or that the nids can't eat the emperor at all before he falls.

Lots of baseless assumptions here user. It's like you have a desire for the fluff to be crap, and will assume whatever possible to reinforce your beliefs. What a miserable life you must lead to have that attitude about anything.

I just got 3 codexes and 20 stealth suits and 40 fire Warriors 20 crisis suits as well as commander farsight. So tell me friends how did I do?

>Word Bearers were shit
Nah. Just use cultists as your core. Their character rules are excellent.

Let me guess something stupid like Orks sucking or Tau?
I'm sorry.

Okay but seriously... why the fuck doesn't the IG get bikes?

T4 guys zipping around the battlefield snagging objectives would be amazing

>Plus think of the modeling opportunities

But it is a loss condition. Chaos defeats the Imperium. Not the Nids. Did you not read the quote?

Just model roughriders on bikes, dude.

Yo. Hit that yellow with a sepia wash man.

I forgot to put the amount that I paid for them but they paid around $200 and the only thing that is pretty well painted is the farsight. And too metal broadside. The guy is also throwing in a box with phone so I can carry my units around

Yeah but literally every other legion is great, fluffy and fun, death guard doubly so

How much my humble bragging user?

T-Sons are pretty strong, Veeky Forums getting their panties in a twist as usual. They are fine as long as your opponent doesn't have anything with a 2+ save, flight, an AV value, a fast melee threat, a deathstar, invulnerable saves, large numbers of cheap chaff, significant cover saves, objectives in their own half of the table, monstrous creatures or weapons with an AP > 3.

Otherwise they are super. Maybe even a little OP.

Shadow in the warp.

>Say umm...what do you think of this for my Children of the Dragon (Blood Angels successor turned Chaos.) With strong Vampire themes?
I want to know more. I'm not too big on that purple but it's pretty okay. Have another of muh marines, BA successor chapter called the Frenzied Scions. Fitting how they're Christmas colored.

not him, but not true. Read the book. the Emperor says that Chaos wins. Not the Nids. Not the Eldar. Not the Necrons. Chaos wins.

The fluff that the Nids are heading to the Emperor is utterly irrelevant. Chaos had won 10k years before that.

Nids can eat the Emperor, but it doesn't matter. Even if the Emperor didn't say that Chaos wins and is the reason for the Imperium to fall, even if that didn't happen, the Nids would still lose. Because as soon as the Emperor falls, EoT expands and consumes the galaxy.

I'm seriously considering it, rough riders are cack though so I'm kinda hoping for some okayish rules

Why isn't IG in your list?

Is that Bjron's?

>Christmas colored.
Do you hate yourself?

AM means Astra Militarum

I'm not denying that. I'm just telling you that this book says that Chaos wins. Not the Nids. Chaos defeats the Imperium. The Emperor falls to a Chaos Champion. The expansion of the EoT would prevent the Nids from surviving, regardless of the Shadow in the Warp. The Astromonican is the only thing keeping it at bay.

I don't think the book is good, which is my entire point, user. The nids SHOULD be able to win. Being told they and every other faction bar Chaos doesn't win is the depressing shit and what people don't like.

The emperor didn't know about the nids at that point. Additionally, chaos can win vs humanity and lose vs other factions.

And why would you believe anything the emperor said anyways? Do you realize how often that guy was wrong about things?

i know this is shitposting pasta but
>playing 40k for the lore
if i cared about lore id read your nerd books, i just like painting cool army dudes and having them fight aliens

Its still a stupid weapon.

Chaos "winning" has been a thing since 2nd ed. Chaos will eventually fuck mankind its just a race to see if the xenos can gatecrash the party.

Just play DKoK with their Death Rider Detachment.

> Death Rider Platoons
> As Troops
> And a Death Rider HQ
> Death Riders are W2/4+ Cavalry with A3 and once-per-game S5/I5/AP3
> In squads of 5 for dank MSU
> With Meltabombs and Demo Charges

It's not even that, it's shit like commissar training involves shooting six year olds in the face. GW went full grimderp.

>guard bikers released
>made troops
>cheap as fuck and can be in squads of 3-10
>T4
>4+ armour save with jink
>10 points let's you put a multi laser on each bike
The dawn of a new era

>Astra Militarum

Little bit of both. Generals have an unfortunate problem of being slowly turned to shit by the same few posters making bad posts every single day and it drives out the people who actually contribute.

inb4 0/fortifications

Starting a Deathwing army in preparation for The Lion

>chrimbo
i had to google that, and now i am even more disgusted in you brits then before. i let U's being added to words slide, but this is it

I'd agree with this point completely, if the book didn't have ADB have the afterword of saying the same thing 'out of setting'.

I want the old situation, where every faction could 'win', but nobody would ever get to that stage. Now? According to ADB, Chaos wins.

user, you have to assume so many things that aren't known to believe the nids can't still win

It's been three years man.

As much as I hate the name, that's what AM means on the guy's list

Honestly, Tzeentch did this.

Somehow gets through 4-5 rolls, lands a 6 for the final roll, the only roll where it'd kill him, while the fucking inventor of the weapon was right there.

That's none of your business.
Just look at the evolution of the colorscheme from right to left. Anyway tell me about your marines.

What is this? A flamer or something?

10/10 death metal album cover.

Can someone post a link to the VOD of Magnus being whipped?

If you keep reposting the same list with no changes you're as spammy as >Orks are I2 fag.

By that logic, Eldar can prevent the death of humanity by defeating Chaos before hand. Hell, the end of the Beast Arises novel suggests that Eldrad is preparing to work with humanity to defeat Chaos, even if it means the destruction of the Eldar.

But going 'old fluff has said' is fucking stupid. That's old fluff and GW should have learned from WHFB's End Times that people don't like contrived 'bad guys wins lol' situations.

And on top of that. It isn't even the 'Chaos wins lol' from 2nd edition. People liked the fact that Chaos was going to win, but not HOW they were going to win. But that mystery (btw, a thing ADB says he loves) has been destroyed by saying that Chaos won ever since Emperor sealed off the Webway.

This means the 13 Black Crusades are irrelevant.

There have been a few shitty things GW has put out, so people are in a bad mood. However this is merely the fuel, carnac and the like stirring up shit has sparked a fire of shitposting. Just ignore it and actually talk about the game and things will get better.
Speaking of that:
Played any games recently? Tell us about them, pics if possible. Plan on playing any games soon? Painted any models? Post em.
And this threads special question:
Since we've discussed so much shit fluff written by other people, lets discuss good or maybe shit fluff written by us. Tell us about your dudes: their background, their personality, what they've done, their honors, their goals, their mortal enemies and closest friends and allies

Saw an user posting about this

Is ogryn star viable-ish?
I would kek hard if a bunch of ogryns with a primeris psyker running biomancy started beating shit to death in casual games

On that same note what are some fun guard units to run? I run parking lot and it's pretty non-interactive which is okay for competitive, but in casual games I'm starting to feel pretty beardy

More like Carnac defends utter shite like BL because he has to defend his co-workers.

I had dream about Ollanius Pius guys.

Why did they have to kill him like that

.,_,.

How about spamming the cheesiest chaos units in celebration of traitor legions?