IT'S TIME

ON JANUARY 14th, WE DINE ON CADIA!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s7FQbpSgaT8
youtube.com/watch?v=chi_LbCabpE&t=807s
web.archive.org/web/20170107202013/http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/01/fall-of-cadia-a-peek-inside.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just really want that Inquisitor

Also Fall of Cadia had to be the most fucking boring thing to ever happen.

Cadia could have still fallen but holy shit at most like 4 characters were important? The armies on both sides barely did shit.

The herohammer creep is getting annoying

I'm mainly bummed that the book with the pretty Abaddon art is the one full of imperium rules.Not the biggest deal but it's one of those "you only had one job" type of situations.

I'm more saddened that the heroes of Cadia, the IG, are being sidelined for an invasion.Would also have loved creed or celestine on the imperium book cover

>over 100 pages of Guardsmen dying horrifically to Chaos troops and demons in gruesome graphic detail

Chaos got butt fucked to

Abbadon did random teleportation shit like usual for some reason.

Where the fuck were the others IG regiments too? The various heroes of the imperium?

>book costs $50

fuck I'm still trying to buy an affordable rulebook

40k is slowly turning from your dudes to those guys with a large fanbase arguing over powerlevels.

Fuck The Horus Heresy.

If I want to split it with somebody, how do I split the cost between Celestine+Inquisitor and the Giant red fucking thing?

Its 65 eurobucks , so i'm thinking
Magos-20
Inquisitor-15
Sisters-30

>40k is slowly turning from your dudes
it's not even just about your dudes, it's that for every time a special snowflake is doing something in a book there could have been fluff about a whole subfaction doing that stuff during a longer span of time that could have spawned more special characters, more new units, more events and so on.

at some point it will end like with fantasy where the only guys actually relevant are incarnated gods and everything else is just off field noise like the other players in a quidditch match

divide the cost by the fraction of total area each piece takes on the sprue

The small lore paragraphs from various codexes carried more weight than this entire thing.

Does seem a weird choice to put sisters/inq/mechanicum on the Cadia side while half of the IG line has Cadian in the name or painted in their colors. I guess they found it to be the best way to introduce new chaos units and re-launch sisters and tie it all together. Coulda been another, less important campaign somewhere else but it wouldn't have gotten the attention they wanted on the releases. Plus they get an excuse to move the story forward with releases from both sides at the same time.

at least it makes it easy to pass up I guess

did the lore spill already?
if so, can somebody do a recap pretty please?

Rocks fall, everyone dies

Where do you think I come from that you need to spoiler that?

-Trazyn decided out of boredom to play a super hero.
-He comes to Cadia and poofs Imperial armies and a angry witch hunter lady
-he tells the Imperial dudes who to activate the pylons
-Imperial dudes activate the pylons
-daemons are banished, possessed are in pain as their daemon pals go away, psykers be crippled or die, void shields go out, Abaddon losses the Chaos Gods blessing but still strong without them, Celestine loses her connection to the Emperor becomes a normal human
-instead of giving the Imperials the advantage, it screws them over hard.
-Abaddon easily beats her down, proceeds to choke Creed, she stabs him in the back.
-Abaddon teleports out before Cadian reinforcements arrive
-The pylon network pushes back the Eye of Terror for a bit before overloading and destroy Cadia

people who wanted to expand the setting were a mistake

In white dwarf St. Celestine kills abababadon.

snore.
They could have done something at least a *little* interesting

so wait, did they give celestine a new model only to kill her off immediately?
is abby permanently cut off?
did creed survive?
not too impressed

>GW dose not expand the setting
>BWAAHHHHH GW NEEDS TO ADVANCE THE STORY!!!!
>GW advances the story
>BWAHHHHH GW DIDENT DO IT EXACTLY THE WAY I WANTED IT SO ITS STOOPID AND THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST LEFT IT ALONE!!!!

>instead of giving the Imperials the advantage, it screws them over hard.
fucking how?

chaotics have whole heroes, units and armies running on the connection with warpspace, the imperium has, what? st. celestine and some sanctioned psyker auxilia that would be affected by it, so by what logic would the pylons screw them over? whst the fuck happens with the armies?

>BWAAHHHHH GW NEEDS TO ADVANCE THE STORY!!!!
the only guys who unironically wanted this are newfags and secondaries that don't understand the point of the setting.
don't try to pretend it's the fans.

Indeed, I suspect its a very vocal minority who sadly GW is listening to.

Theres 10000 years of history to play with and entire Galaxy to go at but apparently GW MUST CARRY ON.

Mfw "But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed" doesn't apply to the likes of Fabbadon and Celistine any more.

The people who asked to expand the lore were nothing but mouth breathers.

You cant honestly say that the Fall of Cadia was interesting? Cadia could have still fallen but not the way this bullshit played out

How can something so serious happen yet seemed so boring

So how should it fall ? just be honest that no matter what GW did you would still complain

Plenty of fans wanted it to advance, just like some of the WHFB fanbase wanted bigger battles which led to impossibly expensive armies. Lets not pretend that the fans and GW are completely cut off from each other.

I think this is interesting, theres more books to come in the future and now this proves that isnt some retreading of storm of chaos but something new.

because it didn't really change anything.

An user wrote something in the other thread that I quite liked on how The Fall of Cadia in certain parts should have been. This is Warhammer 40k not 4 characters fight

>Every single named IG character is mentioned or brought up
>Catachans holding to the east or some shit
>Commissar Cain was sent on an extremely suicidal mission as usual
>Commissar Gaunt and his soldiers were reported some random hill like usual
>Commissar Yarrick is seen spear heading an assault
>Elysians are grav chuting in key points to break up chaos lines
>The great Tallarn armor regiments are sent to support Lord Pask
>The mighty Death Korps Artillery batteries shake the ground
>Vostroyan Firstborn unleash hell onto the advancing heretics
>Stubborn Valhallans charge into most likely death
>Space marine drop pods from various chapters darken the sky
>Rough Riders from their respective regiments prepare to charge with all of them one their various horses and beasts
>Titan and knight operators prepare their machines for war with prayer
>The mechcanicus and Skirtali forces march on all praying to the ominsaiash
>Lukas Bastonne gets his men ready for the coming battle he is prepared to fight for his home but fears how many more faces he must remember
>Final cut is to Creed himself and he probably has a monologue about his time as a Cadian
>The final words being him telling Colour Sergeant Kell various orders and to HOLD THE LINE

>How can something so serious happen yet seemed so boring
Because the last time GW tried to advance the setting radically everyone loosed their shit, GW doesn't want another end times

What we got was bad i agree, but this is just Fanservice for the sake of it, they would absolute nothing in the story and Yarrick would have no reason to be in cadia because he is too busy chasing Ghaz, And i though Gaunt died

Rush job, but I hope it's fine.

> It's a straw man post on Veeky Forums because you can't make an argument

youtube.com/watch?v=s7FQbpSgaT8

>This thread

but yeah im pretty sure fanfiction could have done a better job than this shit

>Commissar Yarrick is seen spear heading an assault

Yarrick is stuck on Tyranids with Helbrecht, the Eternal Crusader is not on Cadia.

>Moving the timeline with drastic changes ruins the scope of the setting
>Proposing weightless changes makes it into a boring saturday morning show

Change for change's sake is only good for short term sales and it hurts to see such good IP go down this way

Apparently Trayzan can bring imperial forces out his ass so it could happen.

I would have made this fall of cadia Armageddon 2.0 why only let Imperial and Chaos fags have all the fun?

If I was Trayzan I would have also unleashed an ork mob, some tyranids, Tau, and hell maybe even some dark eldar into this shindig just for laughs.

People wouldn't complain as much if the writing wasn't completed retarded.

>-Abaddon easily beats her down, proceeds to choke Creed, she stabs him in the back.
Who do you mean by she?
Is she a warhound titan?

Nothing shocking then, just more shit fluff from GW.

I'm starting to think maybe Age of Emperor won't be so bad, if only to put 40k out of its misery.

>Apparently Trayzan can bring imperial forces out his ass

Forces that he has collected throughout the millenia, not just pluck someone from somewhere and put them into Cadia. He's releasing his collection of imperial armies.

I think this is a far more interesting take then Armageddon 2.0 and some neverending stalemate, let there be another book detailing a major Imperial crusade to focus on the Guard taking the fight to Chaos, that would be far more interesting then something we've already seen before.

>Age of emperor meme

How did that shit name catch on? Im glad Veeky Forums neckbeards dont get jobs in the industry

There is place for one Empire only.
youtube.com/watch?v=chi_LbCabpE&t=807s

>such good IP

>How did that shit name catch on?

>Sigmar is the founder and god of the Empire in Fantasy. Fantasy dies and Age of Sigmar happens.
>The Emperor is the founder and god of the Imperium in 40k. 40k dies...

Surely you were just pretending to be retarded.

I miss WHFB

but its a shit name

True. I'm sure Drach'nyen will tell us the Emperor's name just before Abaddon kills his physical body to unleash no space, no time, only chaos and eventual Emperor-led respawn; so that the setting can reboot with a proper title.

it's almost as if it's not an official GW product!
yet

the 40k community will split into 2 factions now

5e lore where no one will listen to BL,WD, and GW

nu40k lore these people will mostly be trolls to mess with the lorefags since they know new lore triggers them.

What happened to my boys templars?

>now
You didn't predict anything, you just stated how the fanbase has been for 2+ years now.

10/10 would be better than what GW gave us.

The one good thing about this whole debacle is how thoroughly BTFO cringy guardfags become.

>m-muh balls of steel

armies don't matter - it's HEROHAMMER TIME!!

Does anyone actively try to listen to new cannon?

but Guardfags are atleast bearable

>Celestine loses her connection to the Emperor becomes a normal human
Welp. Looks like Sisters aren't allowed to have anything nice.

Carnac for one, but he's a well documented troll that people still engage for some reason.

Also Shas'o in the rpg threads, who insists on it despite running meme games like Deffwatch.

So basically cancer.

That namefag Shas o hates people making their own canon and its the only cancer in rpg general you have to deal with

He's basing it off what happened to the WHFB community, where most of the old guard that didn't switch to AoS just went back to the 6th edition lore

You mean the fact that he shits on people for making homebrew chapters and regiments? And says if we dont listen to GW that why would we even play 40k?

Carnacs a troll but shas o is legit autistic

Chaosfags are about ten times more insufferable than Guardfags though, and this just feeds them

So perfect, and so easy. Would pay to read. Would pay muchly too read such epicness.
Makes you wonder how they could fail. Again. So fucking hard.

Primarch
>my dad could beat up your dad
threads are unironically my favourite part of this board. It's so comfy.

This is the same company that ended a 30-year-old game right before a major video game based on it caused its popularity to skyrocket

THIS FOR THE LOVE OF THE EMPRAH THIS.

2 video games actually.

and 40k games are currently in a fucked state

>meme games

Oh, it's you, haven't seen you around for a while. I thought you were dead.

web.archive.org/web/20170107202013/http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/01/fall-of-cadia-a-peek-inside.html

The imperials feeling the celestine inspired faith and courage drain from them + the Light of the Golden Throne dimming because of the Pylons fell into despair.

Despite being drained of their Chaos powers, the CSM were still SM. They saw the dimming of the Emperor's light as vindication that he is false and weak. That made them fight extra harder than usual.

>This is only a sneak peak

>company
The more I look at GW, the more I think it's a series of separate offices under a single company name, and each office has no idea of what the fuck the other it's doing.

I actually kind of like that. It isnt 'Chaos lost but still was just planning that all along!' Or at least not to the effect of the past. Its about time chaos had some 'yo, we believe in our shit just as hard as you do' and rekt some stuff. Emps cant be the only one showing up to help in times of crisis. They were faithful even when the gods could not see or encourage it, and thus were rewarded with victory, even if a partial one
So sayeth the Gue'vesanon, aaaamen

>and this just feeds them
It's meant to. Read BL interviews with authors. Chaosfags are running the show now.

It's a setting with incredible potential stuck under the aegis of a shit company. 40k fanfics like The Shape of the Nightamre to Come are such a feast of undiluted grimdark that it should be mandatory reading for every damn fan.

>Chaosfags are running the show now.
>No Slaanehs stuff

It hurts

GW after the streams made it clear that there is no leader. Not even a bad leader to put things in order.

The rules writer live streamed ignoring AP, assaulting from Rhinos, forgetting their own scenario rules.

I didn't even watch the "competitive" after seeing the Eldar list was blant cheating and the marine one... Oh boy my SoB MSU would had a field day that is how bad it was.

>I don't like this man pointing out Shas'o's campaign exist solely to create Veeky Forums memes and injokes like "Ork spehs mehreens XD"
>I'll assume he's someone else I dislike and use that as an argument
kek
Here's your (you), use it wisely, for you will only get one from me.

It's almost like the idiotic bureaucracy of the Adeptus Terra were modeled on something in real life.....

In the first Apocalypse rulebook, Yarrick found time to team up with Creed against Abaddon on some previously-nonexistent world. Though I'm not sure that battle report was supposed to be canon at all, even if it had fluff written for it.

Abaddon killed two Assassins but got rekt by Brother-Captain Stern and teleported away.

Yeah, it should be Age of Calgar. Same last syllable, for the pottery angle, and he's even a warrior god like Sigmar too.

At least at one point even the game design section was actually divided into multiple compartments barred from speaking to each other. This was to prevent mobilization against their boss. Yes, a major factor in GW organization is "how can we prevent the employees from agitating against us." The old CEO took extreme measures to ensure total control of the company.

>thus were rewarded with victory, even if a partial one
How is the total destruction of Cadia a partial victory?

That is so "evil british company" mindset that I'm not even surprise.

Unless you only care about profit and nothing else (like the continues existence of said profit for decades to come) that is like shooting on your foot and drive till you pass out.

>Unless you only care about profit and nothing else (like the continues existence of said profit for decades to come)

Kirby was that guy apparently, he pushed WHFB into being expensive as all hell and bankrupted the game itself as it was no longer cheap enough to get in or even complete a normal army. 40k may have problems but they're nowhere near the absurdity that was WHFB and the worst part is that the fanbase ate it up so GW kept making armies bigger and bigger.

Because bad writing!

because the eye got pushed back by the pylons and abaddon actually got his shit wreaked

It is interesting that the priest has appeared in this new book and the artwork in the imperial agent book.

Will the Eye not expand outwards again now that the pylons are destroyed?

It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's...

>For those gamers out there, there are loads of new rules in there too. Naturally, there are datasheets for the three new heroes, all of which are powerful warriors and have rules that can bolster any Imperial force. There are also new rules to form Grand Crusades composed of the combined might of the full Imperium – Adeptus Astartes, Astra Militarum, Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Knights, Adepta Sororitas and all the other myriad arms of the Imperial war machine.

From Warhammer Community, could be cool/10.

New priest model?

>to form Grand Crusades composed of the combined might of the full Imperium – Adeptus Astartes, Astra Militarum, Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Knights, Adepta Sororitas and all the other myriad arms of the Imperial war machine.

I guess not everything about this was bad

Who doesn't he have a benis?

>>Fuck The Horus Heresy.

they ded like the corpse they worship

ARE SISTERS GETTING GETTING A FEW RELEASES JUST TO MILK THE CASH COW AND THEN BE SQUATTED AFTER A FEW MONTHS IN A HUGE CLUSTERFUCK END TIMES EVENT??????????? SOMEONE PLS TELL ME!!!!!!