/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 15 (1d20)

Tidied-up Edition

Self-made White & That's Obviously Wine Red Sub-edition

The Unbroken Blades shall claim the XIVth thread! If you know what I mean ;^)

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>White Dwarves
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>November 16
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
>Will of Iron
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/aBKJE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Scoria slayer of gods.

They don't look like beakies.

How many more days until Inferno? Unrelated pic.

>Tfw your bronze suscription expires so the Xanite Magister emaciates you and locks you down because your non-euclidian C++ programming violates the NAP, but the loyalists attack so you escape, steal all the relics and crown yourself as Magister following a coup, and nobody gives a fuck you aren't an elected head of state because one of the relics you stole was a platinum subscription
:^)

++
>>EW
>>IWND
>>Non special character (so you could give him a jump pack or jetbike)
>Yeah have fucking fun trying to kill a jetbike praetor with a power fist, lightning claw, digital lasers, and Iron Halo. 7 str 8 AP 2 attacks on the charge, 3 T 5 2+/4++ wounds, eternal warrior, and IWND. Same thing with FnP rolls. Have fun killing my death star now that everyone has a 4++ feel no pain save.
>Over half your warlord traits incentive making death stars and nothing else, which not only isn't particularly fluffy for Salamanders (I could see SoH since they liked decapitation strikes) but heavily disincentives other lists as the warlord traits are practically worthless without a death star.
>>Preferred enemy traitor
>If your warlord isn't a melee beatstick this is worthless. If your enemy aren't traitors this is worthless.
>>IWND
>Stubborn is nice but the trait is only really good when your warlord is a melee beatstick
>>Into the fire
>Honestly not even a good trait at all, but literally worthless unless your warlord is a CC beatstick
>>FnP
>I guess its nice if you want to camp on an objective and dare the opponent to drive you off. Pretty worthless if your warlord isn't leading a death star though.
>Pretty much less preferred enemy and fleet (why fleet for the least mobile legion?) and more stubborn, master crafted weapons, and fire.

4++? What, have you no Salamander Storm Shields :^) ?

You think the horror will end when Inferno is released?

No, it will only get worse.

Scanbegging, Lore arguments and far worse will come.

Those aren't the original Epic space marine sculpt. These are (not a great shot, I know). In 2nd edition they updated the tac marines to Mk VII, but not the missile launcher dudes nor the assault marines (they remained beaky).

aaand I didn't post this one.
I knew 1I was being substracted from my Initiative stats

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

Dubs confirms it

Can anything be worse than armour autism though?

This link should be in OP.

>Lore arguments
Isn't the Inferno's only job to set fluff right, FW-style?
Aka, riddled with errata & relying on presencial witnesses?

Well, this book deals with the Space Wolves and the whole 'Emperor's Executioner's' Schick, plus Magnus and whatever wrong he did or did not do.

There's a lot of room for arguments. FW might back up Magnus, or put more weight behind the Wolves as Executioners, either of which will generate Skubstorms aplenty.

At least we'll have the wait ended, and I do worry about what happens after it comes out.
The 40k General.

The moment Inferno is out, we have the wait for the next one, and we can see how wrong they'll get the Blood and Dark Angels.

I already put my list in the last /hhg/
I was thinking about changing out the Spartan with a Storm Eagle and veteran Squad. What do you think.

At least we can heal from the Inferno wait.

Or they'll be a filthy neutral and take both sides.

judging by how literally every traitor has turned into a comic book villain i doubt they'll still have russ be the bad guy at the end of it
which is a shame cause it made the thousand sons relatable

The scanbegging will be annoying, and it will never end now that Scanon has lost access to his equipment.

None of the lore will really be new, so we'll be arguing over nuances that were deliberately left open to interpretation and our own preconceived notions. But at least we'll be able to stop debating the size of these two legions and we'll have rules for them. A lot of fans on both sides are perfectly fine and I'll be happy to see them build up fully painted armies. Don't make things worse by treating them like their legions' worst fans (and I'm talking more about the SW than the TS, simply because they have such a large fanbase).

I do worry about psychic powers and balance under the current rules. And I worry that FW's pace is so slow when there are still three legions (not including SW and TS) waiting for the full treatment.

What were the latest rumors about Prosperine Guard? Magnus may have done something wrong, but the people of Prospero certainly didn't.

Spireguard are something I desperately want, but from what I've heard, we're not getting anything for them except perhaps some recoloured Solar Auxilia. Which is a fucking shame if that does happen. I have an entire Spireguard Armoured Company I want to build.

Aren't Salamanders storm shields limited to terminators?

Tartaros might make sense for those Termies, but the list looks alright. I'd consider dropping the Spartan and Sicaran to put everyone in Dreadclaws or Kharybdises since they're going to draw so much fire as the only two vehicles on the ground.

So I want to start Mechanicum (Reductor) and my friend has loaded up with a fuck-ton of Death Guard thanks to a windfall, lucky sod. He has Calth, Mortarion, 5 Deathshroud, 5 Grave Wardens, the Primus Medicae and a Land Raider Achilles.

How the fuck do I take that down with a smallish army? I'm planning on min Thallax, 40 Adsecularis orso and a little artillery, plus maybe a Lightning. I have a few models I can use as Magi. Death Guard seem to have pretty much every weakness I have in liberal amounts. I also will have a Knight magnetised up soon, if that would help.

dubs what colour would you like to see solar auxilia in?
bonus points for schemes from the legion painting guide because i have no faith in my own judgement

imgur.com/a/aBKJE
legion painting guide

Nope :^)

>Dragonscale Storm shield. Because it is obligatory it has some reptilian name to it.
>This option costs +10pts for an independent character not in terminator armour, and for any model in terminator armour, it may be exchanged for their combi-bolter for +5pts

Enjoy jetbike 3++ EW Mastercrafted Thunder Hammer

your reductor, never settle for a little artillery, bring ALL the artillery
your guns will outrange his and jetpack ogryns are good for shuting down his high toughness wounds

oh also

Like an old-timy diving suit. Bronze metals, light brown cloth/leather, green-tinted glass.

>tfw IF are the only legion that get a relic specifically to make you ded 'ard
>tfw even with it Sallies are 'arder

Don't listen to , fucking paint them orange :^)

paint them orange and brown for extra shit :^)

Fair enough. So yeah 3 T 5 wounds with a 2++/3++, eternal warrior, and either FnP 4+ or IWND and eternal warrior. Fucker could probably kill Alpharius or Lorgar in single combat.

On the topic of legion warlord traits this is my idea for Emperor's Children

1. Peerless Champion
The warlord has preferred enemy characters

2. Lightning Strikes
All emperor's children infantry units add an extra D3 inches to their run moves and charge distances

3. Prideful Warriors
Units gain stubborn during assault phases

4. Degenerate Savages
All models armed with sonic shriekers gain feel no pain

5. Bile's Creations
One Emperor's Children unit gains rage and furious charge

6. Flawless Precision
Write down a number and keep it hidden. On the turn number written on that paper the entire army counts their ranged weapons as twin-linked

Might be excessive but nothing to the same level as the super salamander.

Freeman?

THIS.

>1. Peerless Champion
>The warlord has preferred enemy characters
Good.
>2. Lightning Strikes
>All emperor's children infantry units add an extra D3 inches to their run moves and charge distances
Holy shit, that's OP, maybe if it was just the Warlord's unit it'd be alright.
>3. Prideful Warriors
>Units gain stubborn during assault phases
>4. Degenerate Savages
>All models armed with sonic shriekers gain feel no pain
>5. Bile's Creations
>One Emperor's Children unit gains rage and furious charge
Y'know these are supposed to be traits of the Warlord, not his army?
>6. Flawless Precision
>Write down a number and keep it hidden. On the turn number written on that paper the entire army counts their ranged weapons as twin-linked
I like this one.

I've always liked metallics for rigid armour and nonmetals for soft armour and clothes.
I personally would like a Vostroyan colour scheme so bronze for the rigid armour and red for the clothes.

>The Garro book has small extra bits added to fix canon inconsistencies and smooth some conversations and the stories are set in the 'correct' order
>Someone mentions that Garro was on Isstvan V
>He hasn't been there yet in the new order of stories

Great work top notch

How will the paragraph that gives SW access to chain-axes be worded?

Planning on dropping some S10 ordnance on that Land Raider, try to shake it down and slow it for the Thallax to pick away at it with those Lance weapons. Try to tarpit Mortarion with Thralls? That might work if I stretch the squads out. Terminators I can probably handle, powerful as they are.

Was there meant to be a bit more to your point? :)

Oh, now I'm totally painting my Solar Auxilia in Black Mesa Hazard Suits.

It will be unarguably Free.
WE will still be stuck with ambiguity for at least 3 more red books.

The secret in the TS / SW arguments is that the majority of TS players don't give a fuck and some even like the SW as the yin to their yang.
Probably about the same amount of SW players feel the same way, but the fact there are more SW players and a lot of them are obnoxious tends to drown out the reasonable groups on both fanbases.

Which makes sense. People drawn to the TS would have to be fine with always being the losers and getting shat on (but with that glimmer of hope) and people drawn to the SW would have to be into the whole braggart muh thing.

This is true.
I wish SW/TS relations were more like the IF/IW bants we have here.

We have some instances or legion relics getting BTFO'd by another piece of equipment
>Raven Guard fractal sword of sharpness. Only a handful in existence, you need your enemy's permission to bring one.
>It's AP3 Rending, not unlike a stupid Custodian Sentinel Blade
>Kek, Blood Angel mastercrafted sword of double wounding

>Imperial Fist Indomitan Mantle granting Eternal Warrior and a 3++ against Melta, one of the only examples of its kind...
>Kek, so I made this 3++ Stormshield and Mantle of Eternal Warrior out of the very same salamander! And I've still got the bones left so I mastercrafted my Thunder Hammer basically for free!

Eh...
Then we have Angron wearing 3+ armour and Mortarion's 2+ Barbaran Plate being worse than an Ultramarine Praetor's Mantle of FnP

But it's alright. It could be like the Iron Warriors, an offensive siege legion who gets a defensive helmet and no useable legion-specific weapon

Spireguard have been described in normal and cold weather issue as crimson coated/great-coated with silver helms/shakos and gold/brass frogging and details.
Basically Thousand Sons colours. I think Vostroyans could be converted well, Steel Legion would have worked without the rebreathers.
I might look into other game system models with some GW/FL bits.

the problem was that there were barely any TS players until a month ago

He wasn't at the Dropsite Massacre.
He fled Istvaan III before it even began, and only came back there to collect I-can't-believe-he's-not-dead Loken.

I was thinking converted Kriegers myself.

Yeah, what I'm saying is that the book presented as the fixed definitive edition of the Garro stories fucked up. Because quality BL product.

dont BL and FW have different canons?

SW + TS road trip when?
Ew. Ish.
>Which makes sense. People drawn to the TS would have to be fine with always being the losers and getting shat on (but with that glimmer of hope)
Ow, definitely IW
>and people drawn to the SW would have to be into the whole braggart muh thing.
At least the Fists keep to shaking hands, and we had a revenge-ish of sorts.

Btw how did that Fury of Magnus go? Is Fenris now a post-Caliban world or something?

BL doesn't have any sort of canon.

Maybe with a new chief editor things will be fixed.

Wrath of magnus didnt blow up fenris but it destroyed alot of it. its not completely destroyed but most civilizations of fenris have been wiped out iirc

Purple, gold, and white.

>Ten years downing the HH coolaid
I doubt it can be fixed.

Fenris survived and the Sons got routed but a lot of the tribes got killed or infected by chaos mutation.
The loss for the Wolves, aside from a minor fluff character, was that they lost a large chunk of their recruitment pool.
The loss for the Sons was that they, well, lost. But they used the 'energy' unleashed by a world in the Fenris system being exterminatus'd to shift the Planet of Sorcerers into realspace or some shit.

Well...considering there are but a mere thousand-ish Space Wolves left because Magnus had already fucked up the successor project, the Burning of Fenris had already happe-
Wait, the Thousand Son LEGION, the one that needed to be unaware that Custodes, Titans, Sisters of Silence and a full legion was coming for them, the ones who dismissed almost their entire diviner corps and whom were fucking sabotaged by Magnus himself, and even then weren't destroyed and inflicted Heavy Losses™, they weren't able to defeat a mere CHAPTER?

Did the Dark Angels ft Grey Knights show up to their aid or something?

We get one of us to do it then. It sounds like a horrible idea but could it be any worse than what we have now? It's not like we'd add all of this general's in jokes and everything to BL.

Adding on to this, why did they transported Sortiarius to realspace? So the Imperial Navy can Exterminatus the fuck out of it now that it isn't protected by The Eye?

>Did the Dark Angels ft Grey Knights show up to their aid or something?

Well, yes.

Magnus also BTFO'd thee Dreadknights.

its against the "good guys"

what the fuck do you expect

well the imperium is gonna have to locate it first...

>The next thread should be Bordeaux-line Red EC edition.
Never. It's Red Wine, and that's being picky :^)

That shouldn't be too hard. Just point a Navigator in the right direction and if he mentions anything about screams and agony you're going in the right direction. It isn't rocket science.

Both the DA and the GK showed up to help actually.
But the Dark Angels got played by the Changeling a fair amount, resulting in that world being blowed up. The Changeling then went on to try and get to Luther and/or the Lion but got chased off by the Jawas.
Fuck knows dawg. They shifted it into the Prospero system, which the last it appeared in fluff in any major way (admittedly in like M32 or something) was interdicted as fuck by the Inquisition. They did bring a stable warp rift with them around the planet, so I think the idea is that they can now come and go into realspace without any hassle?
Kind of like a tiny tiny maelstrom.

Although considering the Cadian Gate just got BTFO, I dunno if that really makes a difference.

>Bearversor novella when?
>Typhon is a psychic tank that rose to first captain after praying to Nurgle
>Mortarion drives his flagship into planets on the regular
>Most of the shattered legions books are about chucking moons at each other
>Everyone is genuinely Alpharius
>Leman has many direct half-wolf children

but....wherever the navigator looks there are screams and agony...

Though miniature painters usually have a much broader sense of colour, closer to the female side than the male here, we just use different names.

QUICK SPLIT UP THE FLEET AND GO IN EVERY DIRECTION AT ONCE!

Calm down, Black Templar, there aren't 6 to 12 thousand of you anymore, hadn't you heard?

Okay I'd read a few of those.
More agony than usual.

You just had to say that didn't you?

[Muffled PURGE in distance]

wait

wat

when

A Y E
C A P T A I N I A T P A C
E Y A

but eye of terror...tyranid swarms...

I second the bronze with green visors.

I'd avoid using warm colors for both the metal AND the cloth so don't use brown. I'd use a relatively bright bronze or brass for the metal over a cool, slightly desaturated (i.e. add gray) dark color for the cloth. Color theory says green and bronze are close together, with purple on the opposite side of the color wheel - so purple's your third color.

Whether the cloth is desaturated purple or desaturated green is up to you. I think they have two levels of cloth under the plate armor.

The lens color (bright green, but you could use bright purple too) will be a spot color and you should try to use it in three spots arranged in a triangle. Eyes and hands, or eyes, weapon, and some other location. Other details, like the gorget aquila, should be in the desaturated version of the color you didn't use for the lenses.

THAT'S JUST MORE REASONS TO SPLIT UP OUR 12K STRONK FLEET, NOW GIT PURGING.
PERFECT.

I remember that thread.
Alright, user, listen up. If it's the Eye there's going to be a lot of screaming and agony, Nids are going to cause a shadow(slightly less screaming but more or less agony), and Magnus's pad causes equally less screaming and agony. You get a disappointed Awoo.

One chapter. 1000 Marines.

you got retconned. The Black Templar are now Codex Compliant in terms of size, rather than the biggest by an enormous margin.

WHO WROTE THIS

It's not canon if I believe hard enough.

Don't forget the same thing happened to the Iron Hands. Clan Companies became regular Codex Companies. Chaplains and Librarians came in, Iron Fathers became merely a title for Iron Captains, and a Chapter Master rose.

All Chapters will take the Codex or be retconned.

user, it's okay. Just let it out.
Space Corgis though.

Sorry, I do not know user.
Only that it happened.

I think they did it to all the non-Codex chapters to get them in line with normal Codex stuff.

Corgis got their punishment. Fenris lies in ruins now.

If they'd taken the Codex, it would never have happened.

>user, it's okay. Just let it out.
This just about sums it up.

was it ward?

it was ward wasnt it

Can't wait to see Thousand Sons in a pre-heresy gray scheme with red accents that looks suspiciously like Space Wolves =p.

No, but they didn't really coordinate between each other until GW hired Laurie Goulding to try to keep things consistent between all the different writers. As an example, FW made the legions bigger so later print runs of the older BL HH novels increased those numbers. Under Goulding, they mapped out what will happen to a lot of the named characters to avoid future canon conflicts, which means we should have fewer dead people coming back alive because some author wanted to use them again. Goulding's leaving to work in Hollywood (probably Star Wars, which certainly needs the help) but I think they've already planned out a lot of the details for the remaining years of the Heresy.

I can't argue with dubs.
Double dubs. At least know that you will never go through this experience like this Dark Eldar survivor did.

>spacekin
Ok, come on, this has to a be joke right?

This has to be trolling. No person on earth can be this stupid.

I love this, feed me more until Inferno comes out :^)

I would hope not, but you never know these days.

Fuck I lost it at the end.

Poe's Law, user.
Al, no.

That's a damning indictment on the world today. Sanity and Common sense are rare commodities.