Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Tiny and Tinier Edition

Have you played or dealt with characters that are smaller than small? How was it?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing
Spheres of Might preview: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/monster-creation
d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/elemental-spell-metamagic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder that RotJR applications close soon, so get those apps in.

>Have you played or dealt with characters that are smaller than small? How was it?

It was my fetish.

character level * 2.5

Hey friends!

I need your help, and we can have some fun doing it!

I need to flesh out a large list of officers for a mercenary company my party is a part of.

Here are the ranks that need to be filled:
>10 Sergeants
>4 Lieutenants
>3 Majors

The characteristics of them are the following:
>Sergeant
level 3
>Lieutenant
level 4-5
>Major
level 5-6

Available races:
>human
>orc
>half-orc
>hobgoblin
>dwarf
>skinwalker
>tiefling
>ratfolk

Available classes:
Any Paizo/DSP

So here is what I would love you all to do. Fill out the following "form":
>Name
>Race
>Class
>Level
>Rank
>2 sentence description

Here is an example!

>Name
Carrug "Doughbelly" Un'got
>Race
Orc
>Class
Scarred Witch Doctor
>Level
>Rank
Lieutenant
>2 sentence description
An elderly fat orc who serves as the battalions primary physician. He is prone to foul surly moods, and blusters to hide a surprising amount of cunning for an orc.

Yeah!

Take this table: d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/monster-creation

Take a monster of CR = (character level + 1), take its hit points, and divide it by 4

So what, at level 10 you should be doing an average of 25 points of damage per round? That feels... really REALLY low, considering the average NPC fighter at that level (10d10+30 HP is around 89 HP) would take 4 of those turns to even drop. And that's a basic Fighter with nothing special other than 14 CON and +HP as their FCB.

Wait, are you saying that a level 10 character should be doing 25 DPR? Even without optimizing any martial can easily be doing 50 at that level.

It's probably more like ([Character Level] * 5)

So /pfg/, what happened during your last game? Any fun times? Lewd times?

new to 3.PF. Optimization question; are there feats or class options that a Magus could take to cancel or somehow circumvent elemental resistance? DM didn't tell me that we're fighting almost exclusively demons in the campaign and that they are almost always resistant to elemental damage before I went and picked a spell chucker.

Resuming here. Changing up artists. Maybe randomize.

A level 20 character only doing 100 DPR is pathetic.

it's an exponential scale.

4 level 20 characters doing 100 DPR kills a "Challenging" opponent for level 20 in one round

Re-posting from last thread

My party is about to go to a festival and am gonna have fair games going on, I have a few made but I need more ideas. Any suggestions?

I will if I get into dragons.
I've never played a tiny before, and rarely even small halflings.

Selfless plug here, but I actually helped with a flaming crab product about stuff like that, Letters from the Flaming Crab: County Faire.

How about you tell us what you have?

If I knew the GM for a lewdgame was into size difference, sure.

Keep in mind that on average, one of those characters will not be attacking or doing damage, and in a 4 man party, one of the four will also be dealing less than usual.

The main damage dealer is NOT doing his job if he can't at least do half that thing's health with his full offensive turn.

My level 8 character is averaging 75 DPR. I should hope that increases significantly when I get more iteratives.

Still, it means a barbarian is doing 20 damage per hit.

A Barbarian with what I would consider "no" optimization will have 38-40 strength at level 20. Let's say 38 because it's easier.

Damage: 1d12 (greataxe) + 18 (power attack) + 21 (strength) + 5 (weapon) = 50 average damage per hit

Give us a hunk!

We killed a construct! Unfortunately, we thought he was the big cheese, and there was a dragon waiting for us in the hangar that cast Control Water, Heavy Water, and Hungry Darkness. We're in a shitload of trouble. Folks are drafting replacements in the likely case that some of us die.

this is set in an tian xia setting so far Rock Paper Scissors: Best of 3,
Sour-Tongue: Six Balls of Candy, one is very sour eat it and your out. Last one standing wins.
Dunk the Oni: 3 balls to hit the target, win tokens based on how well you did
Arm Wrestle: A test of Strength.

One of them might also get a crit, or do more damage than normal. Perhaps the one not making an attack is using an ability to strengthen his comrades or weaken the opponent.

Not that user but here ya go

I don't have many male art that isn't femboys, traps, or whatnot. And even then they're NSFW.

and will have 5 attacks if hasted. toss in crits and misses, and we're probably looking at 200.

That's a bit over half of the 370 median.
He's in the clear, though not particularly optimized since you're likely facing demon lords and shit "Because you guys are strong now and those are bosses not a CR20 your level"

I believe there's a metamagic that lets you change the element of the spell. d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/elemental-spell-metamagic

Let's assume, as a baseline to meet, is an unarchetyped human fighter 10, using a greatsword, and putting a 16(+2 racial for a total of 18) Strength at 1st level, and raising his STR for both stat-ups. He's got the WBL of a PC, so that means he's getting a +4 STR Belt too; that adds to a total of 24 STR. He's got Power Attack, Weapon Focus, and Weapon Specialization as a feat, a +3 sword, and just to be fair let's give him Gloves Of Dueling.
Damage would be 2d6 (Greatsword)+10 (Strength)+9 (Power Attack)+3 (Magic)+4 (Weapon Training + Gloves of Dueling)+2 (Weapon Specialization).

So grand total, that averages out to be 35 damage, which is ALREADY 10 higher than what supposedly is the "baseline" for what a martial character should be doing. And this is just a fighter; Rogues have sneak attack, Barbarians have rage, Vivisectionists have sneak attack AND mutagen, Investigator has Studied Target, Paladin as Smite Evil, so forth and so on.

The game has an extremely low ball for optimizing numbers. Remember, the developers think crossbow + no vital strike is a viable build.

Left to their own devices, an unoptimized party will kill every enemy they come across with their damage. The optimization in Pathflounder is a matter of "can I do damage to my opponent?" which is stopped by various types of magical dohickies that the party (read: spellcasters) must prepare for and circumvent

That assumes that each character is what one could be considered a "combatant" rather than primarily a spellcaster or primarily a utility/debuff-user (such as some alchemists, rogues, inquisitors, and the like; really only the Magus can safely be assumed to be a spellcaster AND a martial at all times).

Still looking for decent Armorist Pics

Those harms are generally not damaging, and not the kind of thing that ensure higher damage. Mostly they hinder the return-fire, to avoid losing someone when you failed to take the target down. BAD when facing 4-5 "lieutenants", GOOD when dealing with the CR+6 big boss if you get through his saves.

DPR takes crits, boosts and the like into consideration. We're not saying "your floor must be this high" but rather "when everything is taken into account, the middle should be here".

Because circumstances and situationals will alter this further.

Frankly, I'd love to play a tiny character for sneakiness shenanigans (or just the mental image of having a tiny fairy shooting an -huge- fireball, as spells aren't defined by the size of the caster...or even sneak attack damage), but there isn't much avaiability and the SRD rules for race creation do not seem to help much in that regard.
Would anyone know how to actually play a tiny character?

What do you mean by armorist?

He also has an iterative.

On the flip-side of that question: have you ever played or deal with characters that are larger than large?

You asked this question last thread, and I already answered it

Armorists are weird because for the most part, they're just "I have a magic weapon". Mageknights and Fey Adepts are easier to find art for.

Seriously, how do you do this kind of stupid shit and [i]not[/i] expect the DM to kick you out?

Actually no. A lot of APs do, but the game system in general, including the CR/encounter building system WILL TPK you fast if you have four guys firing crossbows who are not bolt-aces.

The developers do claim crossbow without vital strike is viable, but that fucker will get annihilated facing a pack of goblins the CR system says he should've literally eaten for breakfast when they jumped him in mid-piss.

ESPECIALLY where it comes to "damage output", Paizo is saying those things while snorting, snickering, and waiting to see how many people fall for it. Not incompetence but outright malice.

I spent most of the last combat as a flying blue dildo

Right, you wanted to redo Armorist, right?

Man I wanted to do that too. Whatre your thoughts on it?

>/pfg/ is one person

Nevermind.

That's fine too! I'll make another.

>Name
Ninnec Mormet
>Race
Ratfolk
>Class
Ravenous Battle Oracle
>Level
>Rank
Sergeant
>2 sentence description
Grew up poor as a thief, with a constant need to eat far more than his body should allow. Eventually became part of the military to fill his belly.

That's true, I forgot to account for an iterative attack that will, in all likelihood, hit because of a mix of high strength and "hey being a Fighter actually does great for my accuracy". So that's an average of 70 damage per turn, assuming no actual attempt at optimization other than "is an NPC fighter at 10th level". So 70 damage at 10th level is the BARE MINIMUM you can assume as your average DPR if you want to be considered competitive as a fully-martial character with no other frills attached; if you've got utility or extra potential then this number can and should be lower, but if all you've got is "I do damage every turn" a 70 should be your goal with every turn. Note how this still means you're taking 2 turns per average enemy at the CR to drop them, but this isn't so bad if you (rightfully) assume that a party will have two martials/high damage dealers at a time.

I'm tired of Captchas.

They also have magic armor and shields too.
Their theme is less "I have a magic thing" and more "I can summon magic physical objects"

Easier access to nearly all Armor and weapon special qualities, ability to spend spell points to change and apply special qualities, utility based Arsenal Tricks, not retarded skill points, quicker access to faster summoning, more ways to creatively utalize Bound Equipment (will be taking FFXV for inspiration), and a new special quality for armor and weapons (which cannot be replicated by the armorist) that allows an Armorist to add a magic weapon or armor to their list of Bound Equipment (kinda like the Relics from FFXV)

Yes, I have been playing lots of FFXV lately.

Don't forget being Hasted by your Party Sorc.

I didn't get to use my first Magus Arcana, but that's alright!

How do you get a high str score? Besides the obvious magic items and tomes.

our fucking medic sold us out to the bandit king for 50k

Raging and Mutagens

Sure, I can throw my hat into this, you seem nice!

NAME: Ingrid Mjollsdottir
RACE: Dwarf
CLASS: Hunter
LEVEL: 5
DESCRIPTION: Stablemaster in the company, Ingrid comes is never seen far from her loyal Roc companion, who she has raised since it was an egg. She has a way with horses, dogs, lions, and other such beasts that borders on the legendary.

Well I'm intrigued.

I'll probably still go ahead with mine eventually, see what different angles bring.

VMC Orc Sorcerer
VMC Barbarian
VMC Alchemist

>I don't have male art that isn't sissy

Why not?

>I was accepted for Molthune, yay!
>I have to schedule for a social activity with people from /pfg/, yay!

At this point that can't be assumed to be a guarantee in a party; you might not have a caster with Haste to help out in that regard, and should be considered a buff rather than a standard.

>Ferb Fletcher
>Ratfolk
>Warsoul
>Level 5
>Chief Technical Officer

With the ability to create firearms and any tool he needs out of thin air, Ferb not only maintains the company's siege section, but viciously defends their emplacements with endless barrages of lead and energy. The "rat-works" are looking more and more like some twisted metal nursery, leading to cleanliness complaints more from the occupants than the obsessively pristine materiel.

Surprise motherfucker!

get out while you still can.

I've been in three games with people from /pfg/, we're fun!

>tfw quickly losing motivation for my RotJR application.
I'm not gonna get in anyway. Why even try?

I felt that way too, but I got into Molthune despite not being popular in /pfg/! Believe in yourself, user!

>Ferb Fletcher

>rat
>obviously tech warsoul
>working his kids as well
Warpstone everywhere. MOTHERFUCKING SKAVEN...

AHALU RATBAR MOTHERFUCKERS

As long as the advertisement is open, you have a chance.

Make that character, user! You can do it, and I'll be rooting for him or her when they're posted!

I've been in like two, and one on roll20 with someone I later learned was a /pfg/ goer though it wasn't a /pfg/ game.

You get some 'tism but in general you guys seem okay. I think the fact that you aren't anons when you play curbs most of the most abrasive behavior. I can only think of like one "HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU" person.

Orc Mutation Warrior Fighter VMC Barbarian Eldritch Heritage Orc Bloodline.

With only self buffing you hit 59 strength with only self buffing.

18 (base) + 4 (orc) + 6 (belt) + 6 (strength of the beast) + 6 (power of giants) + 6 (greater rage) + 8 (grand mutagen) + 5 (levels) = 59

You want more strength because we can go higher.

18 (base) + 4 (orc) + 6 (belt) + 6 (strength of the beast) + 6 (power of giants) + 6 (greater rage) + 8 (grand mutagen) + 5 (levels) + 6 (profane ascension) + 2 (demonic obedience Jezelda) = 67

that's for semi-permanent scores

Tell us about that user, user! What did he do?

>Name
Articus "Art" "Artillary" Rendev
>Race
Skinwalker (Bloodmarked)
>Class
Wizard - Evoker (Admixture)
>Level
>Rank
Sergeant
>2 sentence description
Utterly loyal to his adoptive "colony" he makes ample use of his perception to pinpoint enemies and blast them away. He secretly delights in the bloodshed but tries to curtail it to not shame his comrades.

>repostan 15 minutes late because poorly-timed computer updates

Funny, I was considering a Life Oracle too at one point.

The Mythic versions of the Cure spells only seemed worth having because of the free ability score damage healing (not to say that isn't good enough to justify taking them but I dunno if I would have taken more than one of them as Mythic). Mythic Blessing of Fervor is sweet but strikes me as inferior to Mythic Haste and not worth having when someone else can cast the latter. I'll definitely be talking with the other Mythic casters in my party, since I feel we should coordinate on our Mythic spell choices.

At low levels, I think the most attractive Mythic spells on the arcane list are probably the Protection from Alignment spells, Enlarge Person, Web, and Color Spray. For divine casters, the best choices look like the Protection from Alignment spells (again), Murderous Command, and Bless. Special mention goes to Mythic Color Spray on a Heavens Oracle with Awesome Display, where I'm pretty sure you could literally keep using Mythic Color Spray for the entire game.

Let's build a baseline fighter, /pfg/

A standard, no optimization fighter (Although he's smart enough not to use crossbow without vital strike). No magic items, feats, archetypes, anything from any source other than CRB. He's built with the standard, expected stat array.

Here's what I've got in mind so far:

str 17 +3
dex 13 +1
con 14 +2
int 10 +0
wis 12 +1
cha 8 -1

1 - weapon focus (falchion)
1 - power attack
1 - step up
2 - dodge
3 - toughness
4 - weapon specialization (falchion)
5 - ?
6 - vital strike
7 - lunge
8 - greater weapon focus (falchion)
9 - critical focus
10 - ?
11 - improved vital strike
12 - greater weapon specialization (falchion)
13 - staggering critical
14 - sickening critical
15 - critical mastery
16 - greater vital strike
17 - stunning critical
18 - penetrating strike
19 - greater penetrating strike
20 - ?

>Name
Charles "The Man" Manchester
>Race
Human
>Class
Slayer (Vanguard)
>Level
>Rank
Major
>2 sentence description
A mountain of a man in all but stature, he makes up for it with a projecting voice and plenty of confidence. Often remarked on the field as growing 6 feet and sprouting horns for his no nonsense and intimidating demeanor.

Might grab Furious Focus since you're Vital Striking.

That's from APG

>Name
Rhadia Itranos
>Race
Div-Born Tiefling
>Class
Ranger (Skirmisher/Dandy)
>Level
>Rank
Lieutenant
>Description
A smiling and helpful face hides a devious and cruel mind. Still, his social graces make Rhadia an asset to the company.

l8 - improved critical (falchion)
l9 - greater weapon focus (falchion)
l10 - critical focus

>Core Only
You best pray to every god you know that there aren't any Wizards in the party, otherwise kick your DM in the nads

How do you expect to kill something flying with no wizards in your party?

My character does 150 dpr at level 5...

It's a thought experiment, not an actual game.

>find out about trox
>suddenly get the urge to play one

How do you stop yourself from wanting to play other charaxters all of a sudden /pfg/?

>Implying it can be stopped.

Four days get hype.

>Name
Emerick Axebeard
>Race
Dorf
>Class
Cleric
>Level
>Rank
Lieutenant
>2 sentence description
Unusually easy going for a dwarf, he takes a certain pride in remembering everyone's names. Especially if he has stitched you up at one point.

[HYPE]

How do I effectively play a 'country' of barbarians whose clans occasionally unite and cause mild inconveniences to their Lawful Neutral wizarding neighbours to the east? Does anyone have any suggestions about how a Chaotic Neutral barbarian 'country''s politics should even work?

Well, fuck.

Tribalistic where the occasional gathering to choose a leader goes right.

It does not fade, only grows. Welcome to the wild ride. Also, what game is letting you go Trox?

Sorry for the delay user, still trying to figure out what i want to spend my 1.5 k on, my saves are real good because im a paladin with 20 cha, so ive got at least +9 in everything. I could drop my wand of clw and get back up to 2.25 k...

>Name
Jasj Doyak and Pride (Lion) (Im so bad at names)
>Race
Hobgoblin
>Class
Hunter
>Level
>Rank
Sergant
>2 sentence description
An expert tracker, scout and plains runner, he enjoys spending all his time in the outdoors. Even though he prefers the company of his lion over others, he still makes a point to show his usefulness to the company.

>my saves are real good because im a paladin with 20 cha

>Sword of Valor Tiefling girl with 20 Charisma

Holy mackeral!

>Does anyone have any suggestions about how a Chaotic Neutral barbarian 'country''s politics should even work?

Steal from the Dothraki.