ITT: Settings you would like to play a game in

ITT: Settings you would like to play a game in

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_KsNBd_H1Cc&t=1m39s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kiva and Wizard a best.

The Tower of God

The Rance games' setting would be pretty interesting, even if the campaign didn't feature any canon characters or rape.

As terrible as the show is, I'd love to play a intrigue and politics game with devil families, dodging interference from angels and fallen as the party tries to expand their mortal power base and claim the title of Satan.

>Japan

youtube.com/watch?v=_KsNBd_H1Cc&t=1m39s

There's this one anime called Aladdin. Those who have seen it may very well say that my taste is shit, but there is something about it that I've been lacking in my PnP games.

Something about multi-story tower dungeons with actually interesting puzzles, mythical beasts, fairly low magic and mysterious powers that no one but the elite understand all in an Arabian setting is just too much for me.

One player is the pilot.
Another player is the mech.

Dynasty Warriors.

I've been wanting to play something wuxia themed for a while.

Auraxis! Auraxis so much.

Maybe a re-enactment of Sigma Squad's "infamous" Hossin Rebirth mission.

Old Ravnica.

I tried to run games in the setting but every time I would get too far into the simulationist mode because I wanted to stick to it's canon as much as possible and ended up sabotaging myself.

I will never be able to romp that plane or do it justice. feelsbadman

>Forze not the best

Post-Fusion Metroid.

The Feds have posted a bounty on the finest ass in the galaxy. How do you capture the hunter & what do you do after?

>Samus "Planet Killer" Aran
Nah, fuck that.

Agreed. No bounty can compare to the prize that's her body. Fucking her is the true goal.

>Goofy kung-fu warlords ruling ish Fist of the North Star-style
>Crazy designer drug/super soldier serum-adled mutants that range between docile and murdering your friends
>Every gang has a personality or gimmick
>A world that realizes it's on its way out and people range from roving gangs of good timers, bandits, or just people who want to die in peace
>Wrassling references everywhere
>Protagonists with severe emotional trauma

Jack Chalker's Well World is made for roleplay. Pity only like ten people have read it.

Now I'm imagining two people playing a Diviner and a Rel. That gimmick would get old fast.

Forgot the image like the fool I am.

Hell yes. Planetside would be so perfect for a tabletop wargame.

>Kuuga and Agito not the best

No PC would survive that. Not if we're including Bullet Hell anyway.

Then there's all the curse they'd accrue from bringing Swords and other weapons which aren't Guns into the Gungeon.
Seriously, the Gungeon HATES weapons which aren't guns.

please die

Auriga

>tfw Kuuga was so good I can't watch tokusatsu anymore
Is this what it's like when a protagonist uses so much of their power they cripple themselves?

I know right?

God how fucking refreshing is it to have a lead rider who isn't inherently unlikeable at the start?

i still don't get this joke

High fantasy in ancient Greece or Rome

Kinda want to play something from neal stephenson. Even the big U. I know it's kinda bad writing but it's a detail rich setting and includes enough stuff to fuck around with to do a good campaign.
Of course diamond age or snow crash would be awesome as well.

Top notch choice

I would totally love a Blades in the Dark hack for this.

Personally though, pic related would be an interesting one to run in FATE.

Best settings for space stuff.

Not sure that FATE would fit, unless you're planning on playing high number scrubs in the outlands. I doubt FATE can really really do 6 digit or lower communities.

Pic related for me, seems like it could be pretty fun. Are you a bad enough dude to travel back in time and give weapons souls to fight an army of monsters trying to change history.

I always liked this setting around the C&C3 era.

The idea that you have Nod on one hand and the GDI who lord it from the safe-zones, but then there's all this space in between to adventure in.

Wildcat Tiberium Miners in South America, African Militias using C&C1 + TibSun handmedowns to wage war on each other. A Safe Zone or Tiberium Lab get's invaded and overrun by Tiberium Mutants.

And behind it all is the ticking clock that is the arrival of the Scrin.

I'd play it. You probably could modify Only War or Dark Heresy to work with it.

>ITT: Settings you would like to play a game in
Modern day spec-ops oper8rs, except they're all cute anime girls doing cute things.

No, I'm not joking. I'd play the fuck out of that with a group that doesn't take itself seriously. Maybe using MAID, where the master has been kidnapped and we have to retrieve him.

>No, I'm not joking

/k/ pls go and stay go.
Nobody in your board like you and neither do we.

Lisa was great, but I would not trust anyone except Widdly to run that game.

>he isn't joking

Okay, but how does it being CGDCT affect the gameplay? What does it change as opposed to you being normal characters?

Nobody likes /a/ either.

They shitposted so hard that mook had to make /qst/

>/a/ shitposted /qst/ into existence

>/qst/ exists because of /a/ shitposting in Veeky Forums

/what/

Cavemen are stupid, cavemen lived during the stone age therefore you had to tell people twice in the stone age.

Faultless logic flowchart.

careful guys he's not joking

Fuck yes, turtle

Sekien no inganock, it would be amazing.
The city is made out of 7 tiers with different socioeconomic status per tiers, so you can do brawls in the lower tiers or high-class scheming in the higher tiers
Feats would be the fantastical mutations, because of the incident ten years ago.
Running jobs would also be well done, and at higher levels the players could confront the Creatures, which are pretty high level monsters.

I'd play the shit out of a Dishonored setting.

>Magic
>Cults
>Assassins
>High Politics
>Disease
>Weapon mechanics
>Anti-magic religion with anti-magic weapons

There's just so much you could do with it.

diablo 2

>Someone else played Inganock
My nigga, the game and worldbuilding was fantastic. I don't know about facing the Creatures though, I thought that was something only Guy could do because of who was before the incident and because he worked at the hospital with all the children who would go on the become the creatures

The anime is called MAGI, and one of the MC is called Aladdin.

as for the general topic. i would like to play in the dead space setting. even if the focus of the story is not horror. i just like hard science settings and i like the focus on mining in dead space.

Either this or Azure Dreams.

Wakfu's setting. I that that could be a lot of fun.

I admire you tastes, sir.

Loved the atmosphere especially, the "foginess" . Also if you play with soundtrack, the games soundtrack is perfect for that.
spoilers:Shit that was a thing? I should reread

Loved the voiceacting as well, thought all the voices were perfect fit for the characters, a website accurately described it as if the kept the actors awake for a whole night first to get the right amount of tension.

I can't beat the damn pacman game in Agatha Christie vs Moriarty.

Not sure if the Steampunk setting would translate well to tabletop in terms of crunch. There's no denying that the male leads tend to wield excessive power to where threats are crushed in an instant when actually confronted.

A system that could run the Steampunk series would likely be one where combat is over in an instant or entirely handwaved in favor of the plot.

In Sharnoth by the same writer, M is capable of killing metacreatures because of his own supernatural powers, and Mary is able to confront them after a point. I'm not sure about Valusia but there are quite a few spellcasters in that, so it's likely that they can only be harmed by overwhelming magical power.

After reading Inganock, I couldn't help but wonder if the writer was inspired by the Sigil depicted in Pages of Pain. Sigil and Inganock seem quite similar; foggy polluted shitholes where monsters roam the streets, crime is rampant, is overseen by ruthless rulers, and being a hero is just asking to be killed but you do it anyway.

What is this?

Not familiar with it, will I encounter if I start to update my journal?

Yeah, it's heavily implied that the creatures/kikai are the 41 newborns who died in the incident
Ati best girl

Damn right she is, you could probably easily get away with playing her in a shadowrun game?

I feel like fallen London is one of those settings that would kinda fall apart once you started getting playing it.

Granted, I thought that when I first started playing Sunless Sea, so what do I know?

FFTA-era Ivalice would be fun, but I'm not sure if there are any final fantasy systems that don't have glaring bookkeeping or balance issues. There is a FFXIV homebrew for 5e I'd use but it still looks like it needs heavy revisioning.

The flagship of our fleet very suddenly began experiencing major malfunctions and power drain. Despite a number of odd readings we could detect with the equipment that still worked, we had no choice but to make an emergency landing on the nearest planet navigable by our exosuits. Our coms equipment doesn't work; something is jamming any signals we could send home, and we seem to have no way to store power to take off again.
Now that our sensors have a closer look, we realize this planet isn't as it seems. What we thought were seas or crevasses were massive cavities; the planet's insides are mechanical, a sort of massive clockworks that cause a huge variety of land masses to move both on the surface and at various levels below it. There are different fauna and flora on each, different biomes, different chemical makeups, even remnant of different civilizations...as if each was taken from somewhere else. Monstrous creatures with odd powers lurk below, and there are artifacts that use alien technology or even what could only be called "magic". While one sapient race on the surface is cooperative, others below seem intent on our subjugation or extermination. However, we may have a hope. These clockworks always seem to move to eke out a path to the planet's core, which seems to harbor a strange energy unlike any we've seen before. If we can reach it, and understand it, and tap into it, we may be able to escape. You're a member of a trained combat team, and must delve the depths to uncover the secrets of this planet and secure the way for our people forward. Equipped with the best of what we have to offer and can engineer from this planet, you may have a chance.

>Japan

Use Maid.

well, that's just kind of underwhelming now that I've heard it

>Someone who likes Wizard.

Ho-lee shit!

I need to go back and finish Sengoku. After Big Bang Age.

Ace Combat

This.

Apart from the SJW stuff (yes, I have read the recent thread AND Storitiem's greentext take on this), the lore is amazing, and it seems that the crew put some effort in worldbuilding. Just look at the maps of planet Earth, and how they differ from reality: they're full of plot materials, startin with the huge crater in Siberia.

I would totally love to play a star faring campaign impersonating gems of various kind. I don't like the Crystal Gems that much, though.

In the setting I am working on, where basically I substituted the word "plane" with "planet" and elaboured a small Solar System born on the edge of two massive nebulas, the gems are present as a magitech-expert parasitic race of aliens coming from the deep space in search of a suitable planet to extabilish a colony. While singular gems may be not hostile or even friendly with locals, they are pretty much the incarnation of lawful evil.

YES YES YES

the new runequest book kinda got you covered

There is a way they could.

Ser Manuel and Blockner seem to have come to The Gungeon during the time of the knights - at least on their world. Blockner comments that all of the other dungeons those two looted "never had any guns. It was always sharp metal."

So there's a very good chance that before they came, all they had were swords. Though seemingly just being in the gungeon gives one explicit knowledge on how to fire any gun found within, so Blockner quickly ditched his sword - and Manuel - for other, bullet-y options.

I don't see how a PC wouldn't be able to adapt quickly, at least if the player is somewhat clever.

Agreed, now that I think of it, you could just run up a game with AIs and use the generated map and let the game be the politics of the world.

I've always wanted to run a game set in the EVE universe. For the system, I'd probably use Traveller though I'd have to create deck plans and stats for the various ships. Navigation would be easy because I'd just use DOTLAN and create a table to generate wormhole connections.

>Sansha desires to expand his boarders. Can the PC's arrive until help arrives?
>The corporation wants you to go planetside and take care of some "troublesome locals"**
>A shocking discovery regarding the start of the Minmatar rebellion is uncovered. Some what the Republic to know the truth. Others want the truth to stay buried. Shenanigans ensue.
>What is the secret of the Sisters of EVE?
**Surprise! They are actually a Blood Raider cult :^)

Though I don't know which Filgaia I'd rather play in. The first three games are all strong contenders.

This comic right here.

A fucked up Contemporary Space Fantasy is exactly what I want right now.

Don't let the cries of SJW deter you, this shit is weird and good.

I'm stealing quite a bit of it for my campaign i'm trying to get together.

Yeah, but did Manuel and Blockner arrive at the dungeon before or after the great bullet hit it. Remember the Wizard had a fully functioning Dungeon prior to it catching a bullet, he just had the Blacksmith and her sister rennovate it into the Gungeon after the fact.

Then departed for the bottom level to finish becoming a lich.

I mean, as it stands it's flat out explained that the Gungeon HATES melee weapons in numerous weapon blurbs for those that bilk this rule like Excalibur and Casey. So if an entire party with swords and maces appear in there there's a really good chance they're gonna hit high level curse right off.

Now, on the plus side that actually puts a 4-man party in a really good place for getting all of the Bullet The Can Kill the Past components on the first run. As with a high curse level from the start you pick up more money. So that's the Primed Primer on Floor 2.
Floor 3 is just a platforming puzzle, since the party will have enough inventory space to hold onto the Powder.
Next for the Bullet Head itself, that's going to be tricky, as it requires them to find a water or splash effect weapon, a method of flight, or in a pinch, a gun that spews shell casings everywhere.

They get that though, and they're sorted, all they have to do then is survive to floor five.. on Curse level 8+... find the Blacksmith, give her all the stuff they've already picked up, and then Kill the High Dragun, a gigantic murderous fireproof beast forged in fire and lead and packing an RPG launcher the size of an M1 Abrams.

The REAL problems begin when they get the Gun that can Kill the Past... and realise they only have one bullet.

That will be the point when things go all Head of Vecna.

Honestly at this point I'm so sick of the tumblr aesthetic dominating webcomics that they can be as SJW as they want so long as they look a little different.

It's a published comic by Image.

Didn't this get flak for featuring a brief scene where a woman breastfeeds her child?

The World of Lisa, it's one of my favorites.

Basically the Run down is this:

There was this huge "White Flash" that happened causing all the women in the world to disappear, leaving behind only men. The world turns into an apocalyptic hell hole, with good-timers, bandits, and gang-roleplayers filling in the spots for the baddies and true bros. However, it is found out that there is indeed one girl left in the world, but she's only a teenager. Some gangs and people set out to find her, the main character of the games is Brad Armstrong but recently some people have made some fan mods of their own character doing their own little adventure in this world.

Some highlights of the game include:
- A barber club that you can only enter if you have fabulous hair
- A wrestling tournament still being held, there's no prizes other than the title and people wrassle for fun.
- An entire area of people rolling around in barrels because they can, if you touch one of the barrels while they're rolling you fight them
- Knock off Power Rangers which roleplay with other villains
- and an Island completely made out of Garbage

The game also has some really depressing tone but I don't wanna ruin too much, I recommend anyone to play Lisa: The Painful

It was on the cover which bothered some idiots.

and of course nobody cared about this.

Nausicaa

How do you mean? The lore is pretty darn cohesive once you get down into the nitty-gritty.

The thing is though - and not many people know this - if you drop items that are afflicting you with curse - like, say you have the huntsman and you drop it - you immediately lose that curse.

Of course, if you get to 10 then there's no way to lower it; but if you have a shitton of warnings about 'don't bring too many weapons', 'the gungeon hates all melee weapons', etc, chances are that players will listen. And even if they don't, it's their fault for not heeding the warnings.