Apparently Bretonnia is going to be getting some brand new units next month. What do you guys expect?

Apparently Bretonnia is going to be getting some brand new units next month. What do you guys expect?

I just hope they don't introduce gunpowder or elite heavy infantry like dismounted knights.

Other urls found in this thread:

strangehistory.net/2010/06/29/german-crusaders-lost-in-central-asia/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What do you want then? Bretonnia doesn't use firearms, so that probably won't be introduced anyway

foot knight and cannon are the only oldhammer units that bretonnia doesn't have in TWWH

>dismounted knights.

Unless they bother to code the ability for mounted units to dismount, then they need dismounted knights as a unit. Like sieges for example, they can't put mounted units up on the walls.

As for units they may include, I do believe GW said CA can roughly have free reign to come up with ideas, and GW would be very liberal with approval on what CA runs by them. From some interviews, as I recall, CA said they're going through actual GW concept art and material for possible Bretonnia units and ideas that were never realized. Like the group of monks carrying around the skeletal remains of a grail knight and his horse, as a holy relic.

That's the grail reliquae and is has a model.

I imagine that this will be basically similar to corpse carts, but with leadership and other stat buffs?

That's pretty sick desu

>From some interviews, as I recall, CA said they're going through actual GW concept art and material for possible Bretonnia units and ideas that were never realized. Like the group of monks carrying around the skeletal remains of a grail knight and his horse, as a holy relic.

>Grail Reliquae and Battle Pilgrims
>never realized

you forgot crossbowmen

The thing is, the bowmen Bretonnia already have are already solid enough

What could crossbowmen do that their archers can't do already?

I dunno. Crossbows are cool though, so I wouldn't really say no to them.

Higher tier unit that has better armor piercing damage?

Like upgrading from Glade Guards to Waywatchers.

Knights of the Black Grail? Wait, that's VC territory.

I guess if their crossbows were armor piercing but slower over all?

Well, if the Bretonnian roster needs one thing, its a bit more variety, so I guess that would be welcome

I Hope the Bretonians can do something about the Weedelves after the update. WE made the bame unbeatable.

The Red Duke is already in the game as the leader of Mousillon, so they will probably have give him his own DLC pack along with another faction, maybe Bretonnia or Middenland with Todbringer.

What additions do you guys think we will get?
Higher tier infantry? More Cavalry? Buff alters like the rune lords or corpse carts? Any other things?

I'm not familiar enough with Oldhamer's Bretonnian units to know all of what they could add

Thanks for the correction then. Otherwise though, basically what I said. GW is more or less giving CA free reign for creativity as long as GW approves (though they said they'd be fine with basically anything), and CA first and foremost said they want to realize old concept art and ideas GW had but never made. After that, then they'd try doing genuinely new and unique units.

Still waiting.

Man we all fucking hope

Maybe in the next installment, if there is one

Maybe some really shitty light infantry like farmers with pitchforks or some shit like that and then move the Men at Arms up a tier, since they are already quite good in terms of stats.

I don't think they should have a more elite tier of infantry, though, because the focus should be on the cavalry, which could actually use a buff because Empire cavalry is much better right now.

Maybe a Robin Hood esque peasant character?

They need better infantry for sieges. Otherwise, they are quite rubbish in sieges and taking settlements. That's a reason why they were not playable.

Actually, there is a space below the southern badlands that is technically on the map, but isn't currently accessible, like how Athel Loran was before the DLC came out

Tomb-Kings DLC maybe?

>if

There's no if, there's two more games on the way, and CA already confirmed Tomb Kangz would be in. Like they said they have considered doing Ogres, they're going to do Kangz then.

I do believe that exists, there is a Robin Hood character.

The validity is questionable, but during one of the streams, one of the game guys talked about how an idea was being thrown around of a half-dragon unit for Bretonnia, basically the product of a princess-rescue gone wrong. It would fill the same role of the Terrorgheist for the vampires.

They can make units which don't have models. The beast men razorgor chariot or dwarf ghosts never had a miniature. Some units had a bit of a redesign as well.

Bear cavalry when?

...That sounds stupid as fuck.

Which is why it could have been just a joke.

Kislev

That would be Bertrand the Brigand and the Bowmen of Bergerac.
They were a mercenary unit in 4th edition.

Living Saint bretonnia equivalents? It's a shame the lower class and the nobility are so rigidly defined. There's only so much they can do with knights that must ride mounts and peasants with simple weapons.

Heavily implied/rumoured to be next after the Bretonnian update.

Fuck yes, donkey kangz coming to this motherfucking jungle

Like the Harrimaults from the WFRPG?
That might work as archer-skirmishers.

Awesome.

>be glorious bretonnia knight
>gets lady's blessing and dies gloriously in battle
>when you wake up, you are carry by these disgusting peasants
>there's a fucking candle behind me and on my beloved horse, these peasants smells, I just want to rest in peace....

Hopefully Green Knight.

And whilst the modding community is amazing, i'd like an official Moussilon update with the variating zombies and different appearing units officially.

It's strongly implied as such.

I have a feeling unforunately we're heading west before we head south or west, but eh, lizardmen tho'.

I think it would be a good bet that there will be an eventual DLC after Bretonnia is released, like with G&G and K&W, which will include some extra goodies for Bretonnia and someone else, maybe Wood Elves.

It's a Grail reliquary. Bunch of retarded peasants pretend to be a dead grail knight.

This is the only time i've played a game i don't mind buying ever shitty piece of dlc for.

They already said there will be no DLC for DLC.

That's already been proven false for one, and for another Bretonnia won't be DLC, it will complete the "Main" release of the game.

I'm confused, which way are we going again? Why did we give you the map?

Because of the leaks we're supposedly heading west for some pointy-ears and lizardfolk. And I'M THE LEADER.

>CA said they're going through actual GW concept art and material for possible Bretonnia units
pls

>AoS
>Bretonnia
Nice try shill

Oh, are those Land Battleships?

That could be really interesting if they could function like a Steam Tank and a Siege Tower, since Bretonnia is really bad at attacking walled settlements due to their lack of heavy armored infantry. It could have archers on top and it can be ordered to attach to walls to release a unit of dismounted knights.

It would be one of the only times where a dismounted knight might make sense.

>AoS
I encourage you to reread the context

Did you not see the 1920x1080 picture attached to the OP user?

Because clearly you can read to some extent, so you can't be blind.

>They already said there will be no DLC for DLC.
>That's already been proven false for one
Source on this? There hasn't been any DLC for DLC races so far. So I don't know how the fuck that was proven "false" at all.

They gave Beastmen Morghur and Harpies for free, which isn't really the same as a DLC for a DLC since you don't have to pay for it.

Maybe have a lady's blessing mechanic that provides certain levels of protection based on how you perform in the battle/campaign.

Ex: You gain extra armour piercing unless your knights purposefully engages in combat with inferior peasant tier enemy troops, thus staining your honour.

Ex: You gain some level of missile protection until you cast a spell or start to engage dedicated enemy missile troops.

Maybe Demi-Hippogriph Knights?

Yeah, that was what I was thinking that user was referring to.

CA stated that there would be no paid DLC for paid DLC, so I don't think that is a proper example either. The new Chaos units, along with the Beastmen stuff don't really count as they were free addition to the rosters.

If they do something like a Legendary Lord pack similar to G&G and K&W with Chaos, then that would count. But so far there is no indication of that happening in the future at all.

Questing Knights
-Two handed great sword cavalry, bonus vs large and armour
-Can be upgraded to Pegasus Questing Knights?

Knights Errant
-Cheaper cavalry with a good charge and better protection than the mounted yeoman.

Grail Reliquary (will prob be in the game)
-Monster unit
-Units have special magical protection and damage, maybe provide a helpful aura to nearby units

Pegasus Grail Knights?

Peasant Levy
-Super cheap and large infantry blob that is shit at combat but good at absorbing hits
-Generally fearful but the presence of a damsel or knight increases morale a significant amount, however the death of these nobles also hits morale harder

I hope they introduce a new global campaign mechanic for Brettonia having to do with the Lady.

What's up with ogres, chaos dwarves, and skaven? Ogres would presumably be another horde race, chaos dwarves I'd fucking love to see but don't wanna get my hopes up, and skaven are the coolest but live underground so I don't know how they'd integrate them to the map

>dismounted knights.
This would make some sense though. In the one novel they dismounted to defend that one castle, knights of the realm. Dismounted knights would be useful in siege games.

Its ridiculous to not have dismounted knights since their land is full of castles and petty personal vendettas.

Maybe set it so that only during sieges can knights be dismounted and hand wave it as fluffy "oh the lady and society thinks its okay when its during a siege"

The official list for bretonnia, 1991 warhammer battles, armies book.
bretonnia in 3rd edition was composed of 5 pages in the main bestiary or army list book.
the list was as follows.

Mounted troops. notice, 4 units of knights, 1 unit mounted men at arms. seems familiar aye?

5-20 chevaliers d'honour - 41 pts per model when given shields and barding
5-80 noblesse d'epee 35 pts per model when given shields and barding
0-40 chevaliers de notre dame de battaille - 39 points per model when given shields and barding
0 - 80 chasseurs de la morte - mounted men at arms - 16 points per model, +2 for shields + 6 for crossbows
0 - 40 chevaliers rampants - 37 pts with shields and barding.

3 of these choices were ws2, even in 3rd edition ws2 was bad. there was 1 choice with ws3 and they wore no armor. 4 of the units were bowmen
0 - 40 villains 9 pts per model, halberds, light armor, may be given shields at 1 pt
0 - 20 ribalds 5 pts per model, no armor, lots of options for upgrades but no armor other than shields.
0 - 20 arbalisters 10 pts per model
0 - 60 rapscallions 4 pts per model bow and hand weapon
0 - 20 brigands 7 pts per model, light armor and had to buy all their weapon options. no armor upgrades
20 - 160 rapscallions 4 pts per model, basically skavenslaves
0 - 1 war alter 66 pts per model, magic standard option, extra guards cost more points, but this is the only unit in the army that had foot models with heavy armor, no shields though
0 - 4 l'ordinace 60 pt cannons, str 7 at 12 inches, less after that, d4 wounds per hit, -3 armor save.

Well on the leaked list, which so far hasn't been wrong by the way just rearranged a bit, they were definitely on there.

Skaven are a guarantees for the second game, but still no idea how they will be implemented. Chaos Dwarfs would be pretty slim roster wise, but I can still see them being included.

Yeah, I honestly don't understand the diehard opposition against dismounted knights.

As long as they are reasonably weaker in comparison to their mounted versions, I really don't see an issue with it.

Does Brettonia annoy anyone else with how they exist? It's obviously medieval Britain/France but its next to the Holy Roman Empire, and history shows that Europe advanced so far tech wise because of constant fighting and war. The idea of medieval knights squaring off against a far more technologically advanced empire annoys me. Other factions get away with it because of magic, but from what I've seen, Bretts don't even have magic to make up for their tech

>but from what I've seen, Bretts don't even have magic to make up for their tech

I mean, they do.

Off topic, but I've been thinking about this for a while.

I know this game is mostly just included everything from Fantasy's last editions (and some side material like the RPG books), but do you think they should use stuff like the updated models?

Like when Chaos Daemons get included, should they use the old Lord of Change design like they did with the Everwatcher character. Or use the new design (even if it is for use with AoS and 40k now)? Same with the Bloodthirster.

>Bretts don't even have magic to make up for their tech

Aside from the Holy Grail, you mean?

>AoS
>design
Into the thrash.it goes.

They're technically on the same side and each always has problems to deal with.

The Bretonnian feudal system and distance also makes them less prone to the problems of chaos that wracks the intellectually "superior" Empire.

Also technically the Brets have the lady's blessing which hand waves technological advantages away sometimes.

They do, literally have magic.

Also, if you're thinking about it that way, consider it similar to like a Last Samurai scenario or modern day Allahu Ackbars.

It's all about the belief that your way of life is better.

Bretonnia's maybe 14th century. There's a gap, but it isn't huge.

Keep in mind that there were Georgian clansmen still using mail and shields into world war 1. Not to mention hunter gatherer tribes all over the world today.

I don't like the new Lord of Change desu

Mostly because it gives bretonnia really good heavy infantry.

The empire has Colleges of mages and two different war gods.

The Lady is far more potent than the college of mages and takes a more active role in defending Bretonian than either Ulrich or Sigmar.

Such is the power of Slaneesh

Fascinating!

strangehistory.net/2010/06/29/german-crusaders-lost-in-central-asia/

> I can't admit to liking something that looks better than the old version because its linked to AoS WHICH I HATE WITH ALL MY MIGHT, DID I MENTION I HATE AOS?

They should use the new one, it looks far better. They should also add sigmarines.

My dislike for the new Lord of Change has nothing to do with it being from Age of Skubmar and everything to do with it looking much more like a fucking dinosaur than a bird.

Also: Kill yourself

I prefer the theory that The Lady is a Wood Elf.

Yadda, yadda, having the Elves be manipulating Bretonnia is bad. It could be more symbiotic. But my reasoning is the fact that they're in a less technologically advanced state than the Empire, and that works in the Elves favor, since industry includes a lot of resource extraction and burning of anything flammable. Their forest wouldn't survive it. So maybe they set up some sort of symbiotic relationship where they help them out with magic, and stabilize their realm against shitloads of succession wars like the Empire has had, in exchange for the humans not going all Industrial Revolution on their asses.

>AoS design
>better
Nice try shill

Not entirely related, but I just finished the Wood Elf grand campaign with 17 Forest Dragons.

It was absolutely hilarious.

>shilling for ugly carttonish design so hard

>Bretts don't even have magic to make up for their tech

The goddess devoted solely to them that blesses them with protection in each and every battle they take the time to ask for it probably helps a little.

I don't know, in my days of tabletop fantasy Bretonnia was always just played as Allied with Empire(or vice versa), think I only ever played one game as a against a pure bretonnian roster.

Don't they have mounted archers? Are they already in, every other faction has some type of mounted range unit.

>Pegasus Grail Knights?

NOW THAT WOULD BE BROKEN.

Normal Grail Knights are already powerful, but GIVING THEM WINGS IS PRETTY DARN SCARY.

As long as it beats Demigryph Knights I agree with this.

The new Lord of Change is too WarCraft-ish. I'd make Tzeentch look like a laughing stock if I fielded this thing.

>The new Lord of Change is too WarCraft-ish.

Show me one thing in Warcraft that looks like the new LoC.

JUST LOOK AT THE AESTHETIC!

AND THE STAFF!

DEAR SIGMAR THE STAFF!

The vanilla Lord of Change had a much better one.

>JUST LOOK AT THE AESTHETIC!

No, show me something in Warcraft that looks like the new LoC, go on.

Unit I'd like to see, if possible, instead of having a unit of knights on foot as higher tier infantry, Men-at-arms with an embedded pseudo-hero to represent a knight with the vow of empathy and reinforce the more character dense flavor of Bretonnia.

Does it come with a peasant with two coconut halves?

>"Being deliberately obtuse means I win"

He said the new LoC looks Warcraft-ish.

Meaning that it has a similar aesthetic to Warcraft

No one ever claimed it looked exactly like something from Warcraft, because obviously that isn't the case.

It's over-designed where the old LoC was visually easy to parse, covered in needless logos and decals which the old version had virtually nothing of. It looks terrible and most of the problems with it are the same problems that latter day Warcraft visual design suffers from, ergo: It's Warcraft-ish

>inb4 you continue pretending to be retarded

I can see them designing a pair of different heads, feathers, staff and body trinkets to add diversity like they do with the dragons but otherwise I'm not expecting different skeletons and animations

it's interesting to note that except for the wings where the miniature has more limitations the 2 models are that far off in terms of pose and proportions

maybe they will use the new look for kairos, but for archaon they kept the classic armour look, so we'll see.

>He said the new LoC looks Warcraft-ish.

And he's wrong, it doesn't look like anything from warcraft.

>It's over-designed where the old LoC was visually easy to parse, covered in needless logos and decals which the old version had virtually nothing of. It looks terrible and most of the problems with it are the same problems that latter day Warcraft visual design suffers from, ergo: It's Warcraft-ish

What you're saying is that it's busy. That does not make it Warcraftish.

Could 40k total war work?

CA seems to be the only company that can make Warhammer games currently

I've always been wary of radious type mods

>Could 40k total war work?
Hardly and I doubt they would be interested in futuristic warfare

>it doesn't look like anything from warcraft.
Carttonish flame, cartoonish details and weapon.
Not to mention it doesn't looks like miniature.