Warhammer 40,000 General

askme
askme

Never made a general before edition

previous thread
/tg/thread/51157688#p51157688

List builder with nice pictures and shitty point values STOP FUCKING ASKING
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

Not always current PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

Up to date FAQs
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

The Black Library (don't tell the clowns we found our way back in here)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

All urls found in this thread:
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Drazhar
http://www.statuesqueminiatures.co.uk/c/4535598/1/heroic-scale-accessories.html
TreeEater
TreeEater

first for commorragh

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

when is the next TTS episode coming out?

Soft_member
Soft_member

/tg/thread/51157688#p51161646
The rule that disallows FnP against D is under the FnP rule itself.

Methshot
Methshot

@Harmless_Venom
these ultramarines are really nice, but why aren't they based?

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@Methshot
It's fresh asphalt bases.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@Methshot
Because now Matt Ward is working for GW again Ultramarines are back to being the most based chapter regardless.

FastChef
FastChef

/tg/thread/51157688#p51161612
Retrying my question.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Reminder that if you airbrush to take your time with intermediary colors for smooth blends and use actual lighting, not pillow shading. An airbrush is a tool, not a magic wand. It does not replace your brush.

Booteefool
Booteefool

ORKS HIT LAST, BUT DEY HIT DA 'ARDEST

Spamalot
Spamalot

@Booteefool
S3
AP -
No Rending

Nah.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@FastChef
always bikes

you take rhinos if you want your squad to shoot out the top hatch and you take razorbacks if you want free heavy bolters

alternatively you can heavy firepower on top of a razorback and use it for cheap extra anti-tank shots

massdebater
massdebater

@Spamalot
4 str 7 attacks on the charge at i3

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@FastChef
Rhino if you're going grav/combi grav.
Razorback if you're going melta/combi melta.

Attack bikes are way more durable and is more flexible.
But land speeders get you more multi-meltas for your points.
Depends if you want offense or defense.

FastChef
FastChef

@massdebater
4 str 6 AP 5 Rending attacks on the charge at I4
for 11 pts
Potentially has Hatred and/or Furious Charge just from my HQs being within 12"
Potentially has additional +1 Str and Rage and/or opponent is at -1 WS -1 I -1 A from psychic powers

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@SomethingNew
free
It's basically 20 points + your fire points + your storm bolter for a twin-linked heavy bolter.

Razorbacks are pretty meh compared to the rhino unless they're free or blood angels.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@massdebater
23 points with a 6+ save.
27 for 4+
50 for 4+ T5 and bike mobility

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@FastChef
It hurts me when orks get compared to other factions

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@Fried_Sushi
They are pretty good with the whack-a-marine formation.

cum2soon
cum2soon

@Raving_Cute
nobody in this thread can paint bud, i gave up trying years ago

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@SomethingNew
@TalkBomber
Don't really have much plan other than getting in the opponents face and start pulling triggers. Will probably 10 man Rhinos and use the Tacticals for chaff removal and have the Bikes/Landspeeders deal with tanks.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Emberburn
Emberburn

How hard would it be to make a Warband based around Talos' "Fuck chaos, but fuck the imperium" mindset?

Evilember
Evilember

@cum2soon
I paint.
I can't paint well but I still paint.

How crazy would a combi plasma/melta be on a 5 man BA squad jumping out of a razorback, a squad that wants to charge but knows it can't that turn?

StonedTime
StonedTime

@Emberburn
Undivided, bring vehicles with the hatred chaos legacicies of war.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@cum2soon

I paint. I have a long way to go, but I paint.

FastChef
FastChef

Just started assembling pic related.
AFAIK i can only take one of either heavy flamer OR soulreaper cannon.

Which one should I glue on? (i could magnetize them, but one arm would be without shoulderpad.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@Emberburn
You mean a night lords or alpha legion warband?

There are rules for it, nobody is forcing you to take marks but using some chaos shit is unavoidable.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@FastChef
soulreaper cannon isn't that great

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@StonedTime
vehicles with the hatred chaos legacicies of war.

Night Lords are undivided by default, but I have no idea what this is.

@BunnyJinx

Night Lords, of course.

What is unavoidable?

cum2soon
cum2soon

@askme
I have a few questions about Psykers. So I have 3 Primaris Psykers in my army and I want them all to choose from the Divination powers. Since I've upgraded them to Mastery Level 2, I get to select 2 powers. I'm not sure I'm fully understanding this. I get to roll for 2 powers on the same table, but because I chose both powers to be from the same table I automatically know the Primaris Power in addition to those 2 powers, right?

Also, since they are ICs, can I roll their powers and then decide which unit to put them with?

takes2long
takes2long

r8

idontknow
idontknow

@Nude_Bikergirl
On the most basic level, having to challenge, and having a chance to turn into a Daemon prince because of it.

likme
likme

@Nude_Bikergirl
Meant Legacies of Ruin
Basicly veteran vehicles.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@cum2soon
Yes

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@cum2soon
Yes and yes.

Techpill
Techpill

@idontknow

Ah, yea. Seems a bit silly, but oh well.

@likme

Still have no idea what this is.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@FastChef
Flamer... The price is right. Will help you not get assaulted yo

Skullbone
Skullbone

@Poker_Star
@Deadlyinx
Lovely, thank you.

Emberburn
Emberburn

@likme
Meant Legacies of Ruin
Which are?

Emberfire
Emberfire

@Techpill
It's a forgeworld thing. Basically special upgrades you can give to a single vehicle in your force, most often a bonus against a specific faction.

WebTool
WebTool

@Emberfire
Source the book it's from, then, faggot. Don't just talk about some FW splat thing like it's common knowledge, very few people play with that stuff.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@Emberburn
Veteran upgrades to vehicles in a chaos army 1/1k

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

@WebTool
very few people play with that stuff.
My meta must be pretty ahead of the curve because near everyone uses SOME forgeworld

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@WebTool
It is common knowledge to anyone making a serious effort at thematic CSM lists.

Nojokur
Nojokur

@WebTool
I'm not even the guy who suggested it. I was just trying to help since you'd never heard of it.

Maybe stop being an ass to people giving suggestions and advice?

Illusionz
Illusionz

>>51162067
Then any one of those people should be able to cite the rulebook it's in.

Supergrass
Supergrass

@FastChef
With my Tartaros I glued the shoulder pad onto the torso with a little and stuck magnets inside to solve this problem. 5mm or 6mm work well if you get the ones that are thin so you don't need to drill them in.
I did this for all the BoP Tartaros.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Illusionz
IA XIII

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@CouchChiller
Shut the fuck up user that looks great. Don't put yourself down.

MPmaster
MPmaster

@Nojokur
Maybe stop being an ass to people giving suggestions and advice?
Saying "take this random thing that's in some Imperial Armour splat which most people haven't heard of" without even saying the name of the book they need to look up isn't a helpful suggestion.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@Emberburn
it's some obscure bullshit from IA:13 appendix that most people dont play with and you wont be allowed to use in tournaments

Soft_member
Soft_member

@MPmaster
Google exists.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@Garbage Can Lid
Thank you.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Soft_member
I'm not going to waste my time googling some fringe FW shit, if someone can suggest it in a thread then they can take the two seconds to explain what and where it is.

massdebater
massdebater

@Nojokur

Ok,
@WebTool
wasn't me. Just to be clear.

@Ignoramus
We all have to start somewhere.

iluvmen
iluvmen

@King_Martha
WGAF about tourneytrash?

hairygrape
hairygrape

@iluvmen
A lot more people than who give a fuck about Forgeworld desu

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@FastChef
Imo soulreaper aint worth it on scarabs when it's replacing the lovely twinlinked ap3 bolter you have. Pure that or heavy warpflamer.

The lack of additional shoulders was a calculated, dick ass move, but i found I could still magnetize by glueing the one shoulder pad's edge to the torso instead of the arm. Try it.

Methshot
Methshot

@Bidwell
Fringe

It's literally the CSM Forgeworld book.

Emberburn
Emberburn

@Sir_Gallonhead

Well, thanks. I'm not putting myself down, but there's a fair bit I need to work on like highlights.

Flameblow
Flameblow

@Methshot
There are like 3 different FW books with Chaos shit, plus all the other supplements and dataslates they have.

Someone new to the Faction can't be expected to immediately know what random shit you're talking about. I've been playing 40k for 20 years and I had no idea wtf you were talking about.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

If 6 swooping hawks intercept a flyer or FMC how many attacks do they get? i'm not sure if it's affected by the grenade faq since it doesn't say it's a grenade attack despite it obviously being so

@cum2soon
bait, here's something i did a while back

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@Fuzzy_Logic
@Sharpcharm
@Supergrass
@Poker_Star
Thanks for tips fellow anons! Fast and helpful response :3

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@Flameblow
Yeah. If only there was some sort of site that could allow you to look up strings of words in order to find more information about something you didn't know.

Oh well, I guess spoonfeeding is fine too.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@takes2long
All VotLW are relentless (including oblits), stealthed past 18" targeting, rerollable 1's for FNP, a declared Obliterator unit can make two turns of shooting but are forced to swap weapons as normal. The Nurgle primaris is pretty amazing against riptides/wraithknights, gives the model Gets Hot. The obliterators have a pretty heavy tax for still only shooting their lascannons once per volley but they're really resilient. More resilient than lascannon havocs in rhinos that also have relentless, I'm not sure which I'd rather have. The availability of multiple heavy weapons on the oblits may be the tipping point.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@iluvmen
I don't even play tournaments, I'm just saying that if you're trying to squeeze the cheese out of some obscure FW shit, don't bother because it won't help you in actual WAAC scenarios.

Since everyone is sperging out about this, I'll give a brief synopsis of what Legacies of Ruin actually are
appendix of forgeworld supplement IA:13
there is a section called Legacies of Ruin that allows you to take one Legacy per 1000 points in your army. they all relate to vehicles
most of them are shit, the only one I even remember is the one that lets you give a tank outflank (and fear but pfff)
you don't need anything special to take these rules, they are just there for you to use in any army. which is sorta weird if you're just like "hey imma use this random free buff from this obscure book that I have" but whatever

That's it. There just freebie special rules you can tack on with no real relation to anything.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@LuckyDusty
They still get 6, the attack isn't a grenade attack and doesn't follow the same rules.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@Fried_Sushi
use in any army

any chaos space marines army, in case that isn't obvious

Spamalot
Spamalot

@Fried_Sushi
Ain't free tho

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Spamalot
Oh yeah I just remembered they do cost points. The outflank one (it has Maelstrom in the name like Lord of the Maelstrom or something) costs 15 points.

Inmate
Inmate

@GoogleCat

Don't spoonfeed people
They should just google everything
They shouldn't ask questions here, they should just use google
They shouldn't ask for other people's thoughts, they should just google everything

If you're just telling people to use google what's the point of even having a discussion thread?

Techpill
Techpill

@Fried_Sushi
anti FW fags so butthurt they have to resort to openly lying about FW stuff
You 'tards are always good for a chuckle.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@Inmate
To ask questions not readily answerable in google.

Lurk moar, pay attention, read the rules youself, read FAQs, google shit you don't get, THEN ask.

That's how I was taught to Veeky Forums

JunkTop
JunkTop

@GoogleCat
@Inmate
it might not even be that easy to google these specific forgeworld rules and exactly what they do anyway because they're relatively obscure

I hate this retarded "spoonfeeding" meme because it's abused. if somebody asks you for help for something, helping them isn't automatically spoonfeeding. it's called having this weird fucking thing called a "discussion", I know the autistic mind has trouble understanding such a thing. spoonfeeding is going unnecessary lengths to explain something that is a waste of time since the person would be better served finding out the usual way. in this case "hey where can I find this special rule" and "hey it's in X supplement" isn't spoonfeeding, it's answering a damn question. faggots on image boards like Veeky Forums, /g/, etc. like to call helping people "spoonfeeding" to be smug about their l33t knowledge that shouldn't be easy to obtain according to them

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

With this circlejerk about FW
How about we rate a list including forgeworld

Having a semi waac tourney at my local gw
How is my list?

Also, what's better, Farsight data cards or Tau data cards?
Farsight one looks more fun imo, leaning towards it.

Nojokur
Nojokur

@Sharpcharm

You were taught wrong.

Exclusionary spergs are the exact opposite of what a niche hobby needs to survive.

Supergrass
Supergrass

@Nojokur
yes, we really need normies and casuals to diversify it, and make it accessible

just like vidya games

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Hey guys I was thinking about running an all-skimmer/jet infantry/jump infantry Eldar allies army. I did it before at 1000 points, asked Veeky Forums before doing so, and received approval. I want to make sure I'm not being too much of a huge faggot for casual games though, it's hard to judge Eldar/Corsairs and know how they'll do against others. Would you play against this? (shortest possible army list incoming)

A bunch of jet pack Corsairs; some with flamers, some with CCWs and combat drugs, and some with fusion guns
2 Pulse Laser Hornets and a Warp Hunter
Eldar Aspect Warriors formation with 2 Warp Spiders squadds and a Swooping Hawks squadron
Dark Eldar Allied Detachment of an Archon + 4 Incubi in a Venom, Venom Warriors, and Scourges with Haywire Blasters

So in total it's 2 Venoms, 2 Hornets, a Warp Hunter, and a bunch of jet pack dudes. Is it going to be balanced or will I accidentally either get 100% BTFO or 100% BTFO everyone else.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Nojokur
exclusionary spergs belong on Veeky Forums

"hey how do i thin m,y paidnts" belong on dakka/reddit/flgs and are, as you say, essential to the survival of a niche hobby, but i come here for quality discussion which i guess is fucking insane in a way because I haven't seen any of that for a good year, just "WHHDAT IF ORKS HAD S8 BASELINE FOR FREE LOL"

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@Nojokur
Right.
We need to include more people unwilling or incapable of reading and understanding the rules.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Supergrass

Anyone who isn't as autistic as me is a normie/casual

Making the game "more accessible" is the reason Games Workshop is actually posting a decent profit lately. If you want to play an arcane game that is hyper-exclusionary that no one gives a shit about than I suggest you stop shitting our thread up and go here /tg/thread/51157523#p51157523

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@Nude_Bikergirl
2000+17
quality discussion in /w40kg/
Yeah, would be nice.

I honestly have better discussions with more depth and reason in /wip/ than any 40k general for the past year or so. Mostly just use the general for just getting some (mostly worthless and unreliable) opinions on lists or hot topics as well as leaks these days.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@Need_TLC

Fuck sorry for all the typos, I am very tired. Would appreciate any thoughts though.

The plan is basically for the vehicles to all be distraction carnifexes that the enemy either ignores (and gets hit with serious fire power from) or kills them on T1 and lets the infantry close. Between the various types of units, the jetpack guys can effectively deal with almost any threat (eg. Hawks can take out fliers, numerous sources of haywire and melta, flamers, CCW dudes).

Also I forgot to mention all the Corsairs are in a sky burners coterie and have pistols. Most of them start in reserves.

Skullbone
Skullbone

@Fried_Sushi
don't bother because it won't help you in actual WAAC scenarios.
You seem to not have ever met Chaos Knight with 2++ save.

Emberburn
Emberburn

@WebTool
As a Chaos player you should at the very least familiarize yourself with IA 13. It's all Chaos and includes almost all the important FW Chaos stuff.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@Need_TLC
@lostmypassword
Without a Seer Council or Wraithstuff I don't think anyone will take issue with it.

eGremlin
eGremlin

@WebTool
@Emberburn
Also check out the updated version of Siege of Vraks. Although its mostly Renegades of Vraks, they contain some small bits for CSM too.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@Sharpcharm
So then we can save the thread for, what, dank 40k memes?
Tau hate?
Shitposting?

Lol kiddo take your ligitmate questions elsewhere were talking about Orks being a melee race her
I2
HA HA HA

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@Fuzzy_Logic
Holy fuck I keep forgetting how cheap crisis suits are.
Yeah man looks really solid, not really convinced that the fighters are terribly points efficient because
interceptor
But other than that it could use some more pathfinders, just so they dont all get wiped out

Supergrass
Supergrass

@Methshot
The Ultramarine campaign on Blackus Plasticus VII still rages, user.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@Supergrass
he's from /v/
Oh, that explains everything.

Shoo /v/ermin, shoo!

King_Martha
King_Martha

@PurpleCharger
Discussion, experiences and combos not commonly found.

The shit Google doest not lend itself to.

Snarelure
Snarelure

@King_Martha
Just look up any ITC tourniment if you want good army lists.
Start a fucking blog if you want to talk about your 'experiences'.
Don't ask questions about the game, that's more suited to google.
And don't sperg about home brew or fan codexes, that shit is pure reddit.

Now, with that in mind, what did you want to discuss?

SniperWish
SniperWish

guys i want to play spase marens what should i buy

my.local gw says they're strong, what's so good about bs4

pls be nice and not toxic and exclusionary

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@SniperWish

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, friend

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@Snarelure
Noone said "don't ask questions at all", just use google first and see if theres a FAQ that pre-empts you.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@Emberburn

None of that is compatible with any of the TL formations except dreadclaws, which is funny because they're widely regarded as being terrible.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

There's still going to be some super hidden secret formation for BTs in Gathering Storm, right?

They'll get an independant formation to help their Crusader squads, r-right guys?

Right?

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Why are GW such a bunch of jews?
Why do i have to buy three boxes of devastators to have heavy weapons for all 10?

askme
askme

@Raving_Cute
I'm still holding out for new rules for ma boi Helbrecht

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@Nude_Bikergirl
They are actually making huge progress in the box set regards, its just that previous Games Jewshop didn't care and made everything as inaccessible as they could and the old boxes still face retarded weapons choices.
New Devestator box when?

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@Nude_Bikergirl
you can only equip 4 devastors with heavy weapons, there is no reason why you should buy 3 boxes, two should be enough to get all weapons 4 times

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@Nude_Bikergirl
Because there's only enough space on the sprues. If they gave you four of every single weapon, they would need to design and cast another sprue, which would increase development costs, and in turn would result in a more expensive final product. Trade parts with other Space Marine collectors or buy the extras loose from Ebay or bitz sites online.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

@Deadlyinx
@Poker_Star
@Nude_Bikergirl
@Sharpcharm
TFW the bar is set so low questions like that are commonplace.

I must be masochistic to use anything on Veeky Forums besides the WIP thread, hell even that's infested with "how do I fix my awful colour scheme without changing anything?".

JunkTop
JunkTop

So wbat are the opinions on where to put Cawl? Skitarii are T3 only and Kataphrons have no characters and are expensive to LoS to.
I was considering some Custodes to bodyguard him, but that's a hella expensive and slow deathstar, even if it does do everything he needs. If I could just take 3 Custodes I would, but I'd rather not have a 500pt HQ deathstar with relatively little offensive power.

Any good, taxless bodyguards in Codex: Imperium?

Firespawn
Firespawn

I've just bought a Morkanaut, how do I equip the Nob squad I want to transport? Thinking combi rokkits and big choppas

Flameblow
Flameblow

@JunkTop
Bionicked slabshield Ogryns?

SniperWish
SniperWish

@AwesomeTucker
Typical WIP conversations consist of some guy posting a bunch of sloppy basecoat-and-nothing-else marines and saying he's proud of them, some guy suggesting that he wash and highlight or maybe thin his paints, and then the original guy flipping out because he wasn't looking for criticism in the fucking /wip/ thread, just to show off or stroke his ego or something.

I stick around for the occasional actually talented painter that posts there, but it's irritating how few people are out to actually improve their painting skills, they're just there to farm (You)s with their barely tournament legal shitshows. It's a damn shame that savage ork user stopped posting after she got hired by forge world.

And for fucks sake, why do people put hours of work into painting a model then take a photo of it while throwing it up into the air in a pitch black room during an earthquake, the dense fucking cunts

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@Firespawn
Combi shorchas, big choppa and 'eavy armor.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

What do you guys think of the new inquisitor? Is she strong enough?

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@Nude_Bikergirl
Skitarii also need 3 boxes to get 3 of all weapon options, only 2 of which are actually worth using. Meaning you'd have to buy 6 fucking boxes to get enough to fill 2 squads out, if you don't buy from a bit store on eBay. And even if you do, those weapons are usually way more expensive than most other weapon upgrades, since they're relatively rare.

Supergrass
Supergrass

@SniperWish

I stick around for the occasional actually talented painter that posts there, but it's irritating how few people are out to actually improve their painting skills.

I made a choice not to paint.
My conversions are pretty damn good but my painting skills are more likely to do harm than good.

I need to practice but it pains me to either ruin a conversion or spend time and money on a dull vanilla model.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@JunkTop
I said it yesterday and I'll say it again:
Cawl in a Custodes squad with a Tech-Priest Dominus wearing an Auto Caduceus and giving the Custodes Sergeant the Memento-Mortispex and letting all of them ride inside a Land Raider Crusader.

Hard to get more deathstar than that.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

In /tg/'s experience, how receptive is your meta to using simple like-for-like proxies of comparable models, like using Cultists for IG or vice versa?

Booteefool
Booteefool

@CouchChiller
she's a solid meh.
most anons will says she's too expensive when she's just T3, uber specialised to kill psykers but no AP2 and the condemnor is one-use. Her unique psychic power is nice.

I'm definitly gonna use her, but then again i am wierd and stupid since i'm the only one in my meta that uses psykers

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@Crazy_Nice
Mine is cool about it.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Anyone else use plastic models to distract themselves from crushing loneliness?

Skullbone
Skullbone

@Evilember
Not that crazy. But I can tell you from experience that jumping out of a rhino and then having to stand around really fucking sucks.

SniperWish
SniperWish

@Crazy_Nice
I never cared. It's just a game. As long as we are having fun, my opponents can bring a bunch of origami proxies, as far as I'm concerned.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@Skullbone
Just forge the narrative. If charging out of a rhino makes a cool cinematic moment, do it.

RumChicken
RumChicken

@SomethingNew
That, raiding 3 days weekly, more than 20 weekly series, a battery of audiobooks and ahitload of visual novels.

eGremlin
eGremlin

Local store running a small tournament
Decide "fuck it" and enter my list
list consists of several ork formations
Namely Mogroks Bossboyz so I have 3 KFFs
a really fleshed out painmob (the starter kits formation is actually better than most of our others) which lets me strike after dying (inevitably)
Oh yeah, The Red Kommandos so I have 4 squads of 15 kommandos
Anyway, end up coming 3rd because my meta is so obsessed with GSC infantry that they all do it, they always 'let' me deploy and go first because they dont expect to not be able to physically deploy on the field.
Tl;DR, I used a shitty ork list that doesn't work to come 3rd because GSC is for retards that don't know how to deploy
I would seriously consider investing in infiltrate units, they are so underused outside of GSC that they never see it coming
pic related

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@eGremlin
Even tho I dont play them, it always makes me happy to hear Orks doing well

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

@Firespawn
I see you subscribe to the nobz in a naut meme. Hats of to you of you manage to let it plays significant part in any game you play

MPmaster
MPmaster

@eGremlin
Good drills. Wish I could achieve something like this in my meta, but I'm terrible at the game.

cum2soon
cum2soon

@Firespawn
Equip them as 2 burna boyz with 3 meks

massdebater
massdebater

@eGremlin
So this basically?

likme
likme

@cum2soon
Those meks wont help it getting blown up turn 1 by a drop pod full of sternguard

Or a single lucky lascannon

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@Crazy_Nice
Mine is definitely cool about it. As long as the model is comparable in size, I think it's fine. There was someone saying they wanted to use Catachans for Genestealer Cults and I would be totally fine with that too, just as long as the units were painted in a way that made it obvious what each unit was. If it's just a bunch of normal Catachans that all look the same I'd have a problem with it.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@Crazy_Nice
Fine as long as it's not confusing.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@massdebater
Can confirm down to the level of distain in the look of the GSC players eyes as he realises the rulebooks finally don't go his way.
Seriously even the store owner was laughing his ass off at each of them auto-losing

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@likme
Still better than actually investing a sizeable amount of points to the unit inside thats just going to get exploded

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@Skullbone
@BlogWobbles
I'm relying on the fact that if they've got to the point where they're just standing around waiting until they're allowed the charge then they've already "blown their load" and are just an 80 point squad.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@eGremlin
How does that work? I thought GSC could appear anywhere within like an inch of your models.

eGremlin
eGremlin

@TalkBomber
i would have loved to see that happening

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@BlogWobbles
I have a strong dislike of rhino rules and could never wrap my head around the effective use of 5 man combat squads. Needless to say I'm a terrible marine player.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@eGremlin
Not well versed with how GSC works since literally nobody here plays them and I never bothered with their codex. Why does that list all bu guarntee an auto-win?

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@eGremlin
Wow.. so GSC really is the new tau! Is this...is this the power of xeno players?

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Is there anything that would be good to put into a gorkanaut?

I cant think of a single thing that wouldnt be much better off in a trukk

Nojokur
Nojokur

If a transport bought as dedicated transport for troops does it count as a troop?

If yes regarding at the imperium super friends formation.

Does a wrecked vehicle get to respawn? One that blows up it is obvious.

If I buy a Vendetta and use it to transport some scion, would I get respawning Vendettas? Or it can only work with Valkyries?

Torquemada + Scion.

70 points for Objective Secure Deepstriking with 1/3 chance to come back against sounds way too good. Unless you are playing kill points then it is fucking stupid.

MPmaster
MPmaster

@Nojokur
They count as the role they were purchased for (hence why DTs get ObSec in a CAD). Pretty sure they'd respawn even if just wrecked and not exploded, since the rule qould otherwise be terrible for them. The fluff is also that "they just won't stop coming" by being immediately replaced by a new unit from the Imperium's endless ranks, not by being revived.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@VisualMaster
Thats only if they roll a 6, you can spread out your kommandos across the entire board in such a way that they can never place their models
for reference I brought 60 kommandos and we were playing on 48x48 boards, which allows for a 0.8" room between JUST the kommandos, not including the other boyz I brought
tfw when mathhammer actually works

girlDog
girlDog

@Fuzzy_Logic
Meks to repair it. But that's useless too because 'nauts are invincible anyway.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@girlDog
Yeah, chances are if you're trying to repair it it's just exploded anyway, I still like to run the krushin krew formation tho
especially with Mogroks, allowing 3 nauts to outflank is fucking priceless

massdebater
massdebater

@Fuzzy_Logic
A Mek who is just in there to repair it.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@eGremlin
I'm not following, what did you do?

If you don't have shit on the table turn one you auto lose. That is why I'm lost with the situation.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Is it gorkanaut story time?

so far ive killed them with

A snap firing lascannon sponson
Orbital Bombardment
Single meltabomb sergeant
Charged one with a single dreadnought

All of the ork players got one at release, but I havent seen one in over a year

Skullbone
Skullbone

@SomethingNew
The good thing about this hobby is that there is so much too it. It's a great distraction from real life. It's also a great way of meeting people, because it's played face to face, unlike video games.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@CouchChiller
Like @Booteefool
said, solid "meh".

Inquisitor Coteaz is 50pts cheaper and so much better better. Coteaz is also retardly good in Castellans-detachment.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Reminder that GW finally said something something about Cult Ambush.

@Sharpcharm
Mah boooi. Is that your Infernus?

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

On Sunday I outflanked some Grey Hunters (5) with a ML2 Run priest behind a Death company dreadnough.

Str 3 Assault 3 living lightning didn't harm it's rear armor.
10 rapid fire boltguns didn't glane the rear armor.
Meltagun missed.

It turned round to assault them and died to meltagun in overwatch getting explodes result.
Felt bad.
Thanks for reading. Like comment and subscribe.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@MPmaster
Out of not remembering. In a CAD does everything get Objective Secure or only Troops? Since I've return to game, the situation to question of the what has it or not has never come up.

Mostly because my meta is obsessed with killing shit even though there are objectives and not kill points.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@Stupidasole
Just Troops. There are some other formations that give everything in them ObSec though. The Chaos Warband that is the basis of CSM now for example.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

What's the most annoying shit able with the new Castellan detachment? Corteaz as one of your HQ choices is a given. What kind of units would be the biggest pain in the ass to spam with his ObSec though?

Inmate
Inmate

@Fuzzy_Logic
First I was about two write a smug comment about how you expected S 3 to hurt AV 10, but then I remembered that living lightning is S 7.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@Raving_Cute
Holy fuck so Torquemada does help up a lot.

Inquisitor with servo-Skull, Torquemada and Greyfox.

Cool idea even if it is rather silly?

Supergrass
Supergrass

@Inmate
Herp. Yeah I fucked that up putting my thoughts into typing.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@Evil_kitten
Well, lots non-vehicles. Then again, Castellans detachment is best when you use just cherrypick best things the imperium has to offer. Exorcists, wyverns, centurion devastators SIX CULEXUS ASSASINS etc.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@PackManBrainlure
I just realized - as written, doesn't Celestine get double martyrdom now?

girlDog
girlDog

@Evil_kitten
I'm toying won't the idea of 5 man naked scions. 70 points of Deepstriking sounds nices or MSU SoB with Immolator, the sheer amount of HF, Flamers and TL-MM has value on its own.

If you can buy a Valkyrie for a Dominion squad, Deepstriking 4 melta guns + combi melta with ignore cover could work.

I'm taking the IA agent idea here, mixing different factions that can share transport seems to be possible now at this in the henchmen formation and this shit. But till GW doesn't explain this, avoid the dream.

Also T3 humans is the only way to play Imperium cog boys and mutants can go and stay go.

viagrandad
viagrandad

@Boy_vs_Girl
Yes.

Snarelure
Snarelure

@Sharpcharm
Meanwhile I couldn't kill one with a Multi-Melta, Melta, Melta Bomb, and Power fist over 2 turns and lost 10 marines and a Land Raider Crusader to it.

Why does playing Black Templars always end in despair?

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@Boy_vs_Girl
No she must stay dead. They just copy pasted the rules as usual.

Firespawn
Firespawn

Does anyone know where the music for the Warhammer TV videos comes from?

Most of it sounds like it comes from the DoW2 soundtrack, but I haven't noticed any tracks that were immediately identifiable as part of it.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

@Firespawn
My honest guess would just be some generic gothic music they had some guy put together quickly.

TechHater
TechHater

I just started playing Ad Mech, and I got a little problem. How the fuck do I counter Daemons? My normal Kataphrons are useless, especially against Tzeentch bullshit. Any tips?

FastChef
FastChef

@Methnerd
You don't lose until the end of the turn, and your infiltrators are deployed after your opponent's.

Illusionz
Illusionz

@Snarelure
Because you are lacking faith.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@TurtleCat
Sounds like the soundtrack from Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Supergrass
Supergrass

@FastChef
But if all the table is covered up in Orks doesn't that make an auto lose? That is what I'm picturing here.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@Spazyfool
Does GW have the rights to that music? Seems it could a funny opportunity to sue GW for copy right or some shit.

Lunatick
Lunatick

@Burnblaze
Dont paste the old rules, they have nothing to do with the new ones. Celestine's rules even point to IA version of Sisters list so if shes with codex: AS then her martyrdom wont affect them.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Raving_Cute
Probably part of the licensing agreement.

5mileys
5mileys

Someone asked yesterday how big the lady greyfax is, so now ive built her and you can all see.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@5mileys
She's a really nice mini.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@5mileys
Fuck shes like what, 2,3m tall?

Methshot
Methshot

@5mileys

I'd also like to point out she's a really well thought out model, there's plenty of room to get a paintbrush in and reach all of the detail even when you've fully assembled her, props to whoever designed her that way

SniperGod
SniperGod

@Deadlyinx

Well she has a big hat and she's wearing crazy tall stilleto heels, but yes shes pretty big

WebTool
WebTool

@5mileys

That marine has a special ocular implant and lens specifically so he can scope out dem ripe titties

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@Nude_Bikergirl

i come here for quality discussion

eGremlin
eGremlin

@5mileys
That's a damn fine model. Will be a ton of work to paint.
Not sure if her, Cawl or Celestine + twins are the hardest ones to paint. I'd honestly put my money on Greyfax, since Cawl is just a Dominus in big and Celestine is like 80% solid armor plates

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@PackManBrainlure
Mmm. Celestine + Coteaz Castellan army with 6 Exorcists sounds tasty.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@eGremlin
I think cawl will be the most technically difficult because hes got so many bits. Heres the painting guide at the back of the assembly book

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Raving_Cute
there's also a video guide for painting cawl up on warhammer tv

takes2long
takes2long

@Raving_Cute
I always find it ironic how all Imperial red colors have Khorne Red as their base.

iluvmen
iluvmen

@happy_sad
Greyfax' guide is probably coming today or tomorrow, since it was already shown at the end of the Cawl guide but missing the annotation.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@Raving_Cute
Depends on how detailed you want to get on Cawl's mech bits. Duncan's tutorial video seems surprisingly easy since he just treats most of it with drybrushed metal and picks out a few important details. If you wanted to edge hightlight and detail everything uniquely then yes he could get pretty crazy.

Techpill
Techpill

@Evilember
admits painting isn't that great, but says damn it, I still at least try to do it
Keep carrying the flame forward user. You mah nigga

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@Raving_Cute
I dont think painting cawl is HARD. Its just going to be tedious. Very tedius. And have to be painted in parts.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@happy_sad
@Gigastrength

Im building him right now, hes got so much detail on so many bits, to do it properly therell need to be lots of sub assemblies

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

BT termie half done, pic quality succs... Do you guys think there will be any BT units released?

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@TalkBomber
any BT units released
Oh user, when will you learn that Black Templars are meant for eternal martyrdom as the GW hated chapter?

DeathDog
DeathDog

@Evilember
Actually just applying washed to all those bits would make your models so much better looking.

Washes are life. Watch Duncans tutorials on painting and suddenly everything is so clear and easy.

I actually enjoyed painting first time in my ~20y gaming career because of Duncan.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@Burnblaze
Well Duncan suggests three

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@Lunatick
She is from AS faction so regardless what version of SoB you run it would work.

Side note since FoC confirmed I and AS are still valid along side of IA

Could you have two Celestine? Different. Models, rules and books.

Not sure if we had this situation before.

Booteefool
Booteefool

@askme
1000pt Imperial fists list, tried to be fluffy when making it.
What do you guys think?

girlDog
girlDog

@Fuzzy_Logic
The Unique rule is a little vague, but I'd say no since it's still the same named character.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@Fuzzy_Logic
Id go with no for the exact same reason you cant have 2 tychos or 2 of any unique character that had rules and model update in different book. Its just the same person in different times so why would they be fighting together.

Methshot
Methshot

@Fuzzy_Logic
Like said, Unique is a bit vague but there are other unique models in the game that have different rules.
For instance Tycho of Blood Angels and Carab Culln of Red Scorpions. In both cases they mention that different versions cant be used in a same army for obvious reasons because they are the same person.

Also new Celestine is so much better than old one.

eGremlin
eGremlin

@eGremlin
GSC lists that aren't deploying at least a few transports at the start are bad. Good job for separating the wheat from the chaff and teaching the FotM fags a lesson, but if you ever run into a real solid GSC player who knows what they're doing that won't work.

JunkTop
JunkTop

@Methshot
What if you use two different CAD?
Beside theoryhammer and making the big sister little sister joke. Old Celestine wanting to be like her cool new sister.
Using new Celestinenis better.

Side note my local third world country just make a reference of Trump as the God Emperor. It made giggle

Illusionz
Illusionz

@Sharpcharm
omg LURK MOAR faggot lol muh sekret club

Supergrass
Supergrass

@Methshot
Old Celestine is a bad ass Repentia, new Celestine is an Emperor deamon.

But I get the point. This is just a strange case that beside the name they are totally different characters, rules, models and fluff wise, but very similar

It is stupid to run both anyway but would be funny

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@eGremlin
Yeah honestly it was kinda disappointing because I could tell most of the dudes net-listed the same fucking list or were told their tactics by the same alpha fag.

I actually beat a drop pod melta/flamer list for the first time

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@JunkTop
What if you use two different CAD?
No. The Unique rule is just concerned with armies.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

@happy_sad
Why the fuck do I care if GW is turning a profit. I want to play good games, not go along with their bullshit so they can make money.

5mileys
5mileys

Made my own lost patrol to play with my son while traveling. Good times

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Techpill
Mostly because I dislike doing it but I want nice models and good looking games.

And it gives me the smug satisfaction of having one of the few painted armies.

likme
likme

@Supergrass
they are totally different characters
Ehhh, no. They may have changed/retconned some background, but it's the same character.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Are scout bikers with Grenade launchers usefull ?
They do sound useful, but i am inexperienced and google isnt that helpful....

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@Illusionz
How i mine 4 fish?

Flameblow
Flameblow

Can you pick HQ that allows you to field termies or tanks as troops in that new formation for free units?

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@TechHater
get good and stop using grav

no luck against tzeentch daemons you fucked boii

RumChicken
RumChicken

@Sharpcharm
great

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@5mileys

Nice dude.

I read a thing a while back that some guy wrote about playing 40K with his kid and how fun it was. Kinda heartwarming, to be honest.

I mean they were playing using Battle for Vedros units/rules, but still.

DeathDog
DeathDog

@5mileys
Damn. That looks awesome!

Supergrass
Supergrass

@VisualMaster
They seriously re-released the garbage vehicles.

Well BfW confirmed useless.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@Flameblow
Castellan? No. It's extremely explicit about which units can go in which slots and doesn't allow any force org modification shenanigans.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

How does an Archon even find Mandrakes if they only live in pitch black dark places he's going to get shanked at?

viagrandad
viagrandad

@Supergrass
Fuck me all these people complaining about devestator squad boxes and Ork players are still being given 2nd ed vehicles
oh well at least its not the night lords champion

5mileys
5mileys

@Harmless_Venom
He beings meatshields along.

takes2long
takes2long

@Harmless_Venom
Craigslist

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

@viagrandad
Not just 2nd ed buggies and wartrakks, that's the previous ed truck too.

Techpill
Techpill

@takes2long
Khurraighslist*

It's the superior Eldar version.

Flameblow
Flameblow

@Poker_Star
Honestly I wouldn't mind the trukk if it didn't have goddamn hobgoblins driving it
thats a seriously dick move from GW to even sell them anymore

SniperGod
SniperGod

@viagrandad
The devastator box thing was poking fun at the apes that use the shitty list builder to make devastator squads with 9 multimeltas.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@Flameblow
If the wartrakk at least was cheap I could use them for grot tank tracks.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

@Flameblow
Given that was the first citadel kit I got my hand on back on gorkamorka day, I can't help feeling some nostalgic love for them.

Fun to see they are still sold more than fifteen years after.

TechHater
TechHater

@Supergrass

It's because they're reusing the old Assault on Black Reach molds to get a last ounce of life out of them before they are retired.

BfV is aimed at being dirt cheap entry level wargaming for kids. The rules are one page long and everything is pushfit.

It's literally babby's first tabletop game.

It's not meant for "us", it's meant for kids who see it in a toy store and like the box art and play a few games with their friends and then maybe eventually start getting into the actual game later.

Alternately, shit like the starter kit is a good buy if you get it from a 20% off online retailer and use it to get your friend/girlfriend/roommate interested in the hobby.

Lastly, the old ork trukks are cool so shut up

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@SniperGod
Melta
Wots dat

girlDog
girlDog

@Nude_Bikergirl
Electro-Priests
No wonder Cadia was lost if that's all the AdMec brought.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Boy_vs_Girl
whats that ?

w8t4u
w8t4u

@Nude_Bikergirl
For a moment I thought that was Deathwatch allying with Eldrad and was about to REEEEEEE

But no, it's Templars allying in with literally the race they hate most because Psykers and Xenos and I don't know if that's any better

idontknow
idontknow

@Garbage Can Lid
Taking Raptors chapter models in your army and the whole detachment gains Scout and 1st turn Stealth
Taking Coteaz and giving all non-vehicles Obsec.
I just keep finding more and more ways to break this shit.

Also before someone who doesnt know his rules says that Chapter Tactic-sharing wouldnt work, read them again. Says Detachment, not models. Would even give scout to FW-knights or Cypher wielded in normal Raptors CAD.

likme
likme

@haveahappyday
Oh fuckin shit
what does that mean

Methnerd
Methnerd

@VisualMaster
@DeathDog
The deathwatch won (my son), but I killed 3 of them. I may have been playing the game wrong. The rules are very different to actual 40k

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

@haveahappyday
is the new boss for eldars xD

Firespawn
Firespawn

Everyone is getting thier FoC shit and I'm still waiting for Vyridian from the first batch

Bloody GW just keep avoiding a straight answer. If the bloody thing is lost give me my money back I don't care at this point for the bloody bitch

Flameblow
Flameblow

@Poker_Star
They're pretty useful for they do.
Mines are pretty fun and their rapid fire grenade launchers are pretty good for spamming s6 attacks.

People generally don't use them because for a handful more points you can just Bering regular marines on bikes with more powerful special weapons.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

@SniperGod
A big girl

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@5mileys
Is the first batch still completely sold out? Does that mean I won't get the one I asked my local store manager to reserve for this Saturday? He seemed pretty uncertain about it.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Guy that is following 40K by "wave" for a long time here.
When did the way GW wrote their fluff change that much?

From what I remind of my day back in V3 and V4, perspective was always, Imperium-wise, like "those legion of untold heroes figthing and sacrificing everything to protect their shitty small parcel of the galaxy against a bit longer against multiple threats".

But when I read recent addition, like the recent stuff on Damocles Crusade or this upcoming Fall of Cadia thing, it always seems to feature the same dozen of well know characters, fighting each other with their plot-shield.

Where are this poor guardmen from the 122nd Cadian that lost half of a company for a single building in a remote agriworld called Vogen ?

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@VisualMaster

So 8th will have a last stand of men and filthy space elves?

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@idontknow
Chapter Tactics only effects models with the "Chapter Tactics" rule.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@VisualMaster
Thats totally a new Drazhar or some Incubi character
Dark eldar players getting characters
Rip Black Templars

Soft_member
Soft_member

@Fried_Sushi
Dont matter to me as everything makes the same bio-mass

takes2long
takes2long

@Harmless_Venom
BT
Characters

You disgust me, go back to the crusader squad and charge! Special characters are for cowards

askme
askme

@VisualMaster
Pretty much guaranteed to be Arhra at this point.

iluvmen
iluvmen

@Soft_member

As far as I can see Nids have been shoved into a corner where all they can do is desperately recycle their dwindling biomass reserves into flyrants in a desperate attempt to stave off extinction.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@VisualMaster
So is everyone just chillin' in Commorragh?

Methnerd
Methnerd

@iluvmen
We just need more exocrines and zoanthropes

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@Deadlyinx
Well the webway at least.

Firespawn
Firespawn

@Crazy_Nice
Like I said, shut up if you dont know the rules I'm talking about.

RumChicken
RumChicken

@Supergrass

There's always Gormamorka in our hearts ;_;

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@DeathDog
FROM TWO DIFFERENT CHAPTERS

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@DeathDog
Like I said about knowing the rules..

farquit
farquit

@askme
Not be Arhra, it is a reborn character of the eldar mythology... and until here i can say :P

likme
likme

@Dreamworx
@Firespawn
@idontknow
Interesting from an academic perspective, but no one would ever let you pull that shit in game.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@likme
Same goes then for Coteaz and his Obsec. RAW is clear as fuck in that.

FastChef
FastChef

@likme
doesnt the detachement needs to have this special rule? because is doenst say anything like the raven guard nightfighting rule."if your army contains at least one RG unit"

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

@DeathDog
@CodeBuns
@Dreamworx

as per the Raven Guard Chapter Tactics in Codex: Space Marines
Raven Guard Chapter Tactics were update bro. You don't get to use the old version any more. So even if that shitty interpretation worked it's completely moot.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@TalkBomber
It says non-vehicles do walkers get Objective Secure too? :^)

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@TalkBomber
Coteaz works. Raptors do not.

King_Martha
King_Martha

@CodeBuns
Per ITC you use the rules stated in that document. And I agree with that view of rules, it makes it less confusing to just the rules stated in the document.

@BunnyJinx
No you fucking dont start this again. I'm going to find out where you live, I'm going to find you and then I'm going to dreadsock you till you repent.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@likme
@haveahappyday
So is it a CWE character then? Looks like a mix between a DE incubi and maybe a Saim Hann Autarch.
Please GW no more I've already bled my wallet dry

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

@farquit
@farquit
mmmm., eldarnesh, Ulthanesh or both, their separation was what caused the age of division for the Eldars... could have met again?, the leaked text describes two characters who are not known by the imperium.
@Inmate

idontknow
idontknow

@King_Martha
ITC
Good luck getting this shit adopted for ITC. And who gives a shit? You're trying to do bullshit RAW rules-lawyering. What ITC says is wholly irrelevant.

Methnerd
Methnerd

@Inmate
IS IT YRIEL?
Is the Avatar of Cegorach rumour confirmed?

Snarelure
Snarelure

@Evilember
I can't paint well but I still paint.
those minis are not bad, you just need to do some shading and they will look nice.

remember that saint Duncan is with us with his tutorials

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@idontknow
yeah its irrelevant what ITC says. That wasnt the point of this anyway.

Evilember
Evilember

@idontknow
@King_Martha
we should just roll a d6 and decide whos correct

SniperGod
SniperGod

@haveahappyday
@Methnerd
Fuck me its definately 40k end times

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

@SniperGod
I'm okay with this as it might mean i can bitch about my game dying

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

@King_Martha
Honey calm down, he used the :^) it was clear it was a shitpost.

Calm down and get back to bed.

Is not like you need to tell people what is is inside your transports :^)

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@Burnblaze
Fair enough, but by neither RAW nor RAI do Raptors grant scout to the whole Castellan formation.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@BlogWobbles
Oh hell yes, we might just rejuvenate the general yet

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@Fried_Sushi
rejuvenate
40kgen is the most active general on Veeky Forums though?

King_Martha
King_Martha

@Raving_Cute
Sadly
This thread has so far been 50% some dude bitching about ork players bitching

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Chaos Space Marines are college students that need safe spaces and cry when daddy doesn't support their stupid ideas.

SJW Chaos Space Marines with the Eye of Terror being their safe space. That is why they want to expand it.

Bunch of crybabies

RavySnake
RavySnake

@Carnalpleasure
Fuck off back to
/cm/

DeathDog
DeathDog

@Methnerd
Wait & see ... you will seee "soon" a new box with several new characters for eldars... like triumvirate box :P

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

@Carnalpleasure
Frankenstein bait sucks. At least find some way to make it original and wholly 40k relevant.

@Evilember
Fuck rolling off for rules issues. I'm game if there's something that truly doesn't make sense RaW and RaI, but shit like this? Hell naw.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

@AwesomeTucker
Well the Eye of Terror being a Safe Space for the traitor legions is kind of true.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@DeathDog
But how many are of them are Alpharius?

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@haveahappyday
one last clue ... one of the pics seen on "Rumor Engine" belongs to one of these characters

girlDog
girlDog

@Lord_Tryzalot
Not sure how that's much of a clue.

takes2long
takes2long

@Lord_Tryzalot
Eldranesh, Ulthanesh?

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

@girlDog
Looks like AoS.

hairygrape
hairygrape

@AwesomeTucker
no, most people hate FW

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Cawl is fucking huge
And fiddly. Would recommend tweezers.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@takes2long
I refer to those that will come in a new box, I can not give more clues, wait & see :P

@girlDog
It is not that image ;)

RumChicken
RumChicken

@farquit
Hmm. Maybe Death Masques sorta worked and it's Ynnead?

whereismyname
whereismyname

@Burnblaze
This one then. Even less useful. The other unrevealed rumor engines are the Dwarf thing and the striped tail, which is likely an AoS Gryph-hound.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@Poker_Star
have fun painting all that detail with the body glued on

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@Burnblaze
@whereismyname
Drastanta?

Inmate
Inmate

@Poker_Star
axe head the size of a Space Marine torso
Jeebus, that IS big.
His base is the same as a Sydonian Dragoon's right?

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Is this?

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

@Poker_Star
Oh right I missed that one. Certainly looks like it could be Eldar.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

do the laughing god have a avatar?

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@VisualMaster
does* fucking english is hard

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

@VisualMaster
No. Khaine has Avatars because he was shattered.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@askme

I need some opinions.

I'm building about 20 Space Marine Sternguard. I'm not really a fan of the loincloth legs so I opted to just give them all a Crux Terminatus shoulder pad to distinguish them. I was dry-fitting some today though and it just doesn't look right, they all look too unstable with a huge shoulder pad vs. a slim one.

So long story short would anyone have a seizure if I ran 20 Sternguards with nothing separating them from normal marines expect 1. some of them are running and 2. the four sided veteran decal you get in the box?

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@VisualMaster
Nah, not in sense of what Avatar of Khaine is. They have "avatars" in sense of supreme troupe leaders. Atleast they used to, new rules didnt give them out for some reason.

Spamalot
Spamalot

@eGremlin
Shouldn't he have deployed at least one unit from cult ambush after your first kommando unit infiltrated I thought infiltrators alternated deployment back and forth.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@Garbage Can Lid
Can't you just come up with an appropriate color scheme to distinguish veterans of your chapter ? I may be a pretty neat solution to your problem.

happy_sad
happy_sad

Hey guys
New to 40K and the lore got me hooked. Currently digging the Imperium. Any cool specific characters/chapters/roles etc you suggest me reading about?

w8t4u
w8t4u

@Spamalot
The whole Red Kommandos formation counts as one reserve, so it was back and forth, they just gave me the first one by accident because they didn't expect it

Playboyize
Playboyize

When are the FoC models shipping? I'm seeing people getting their models already and mine is still pending.

Techpill
Techpill

@Garbage Can Lid
You'd better give them a dashing good paint job to seperate them from Tacs and at least some fancy bits on the helmet/pauldrons etc.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@Garbage Can Lid
Most people probably wouldn't mind. But you should try to at least paint them as Vets. Most chapters have a easy way that 1st company is distinguished. Like the white helms and shoulder trim of Ultras or the gold helms of Blood Angels.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

@Raving_Cute

it's not glued on, its just balancing there, im not stupid

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

@ZeroReborn
dammit user why do you have to be smarter than i am

Nojokur
Nojokur

@Poker_Star
That's definitely a violet robe on top of a base.

Lunatick
Lunatick

@Fried_Sushi

Khaine has avatars because he was a shithead

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

@happy_sad
Novel wise Dan Abnett's Eisenhorn and Gaunt's Ghosts books are great. Sandy Mitchell's Ciaphas Cain books are fun too. Jumping into the Horus Heresy with the first book Horus Rising is a solid place to start too.

For just general lore just go to Lexicanum and dig for stuff you find interesting.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

@Evil_kitten
@Techpill
@PackManBrainlure

I kind of like them looking like normal marines, the army is RT inspired.

If it's any consolation they all have a dagger SS style.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@ZeroReborn
I want to know why you have them?! And mine are still pending

I'm going make new emails now. Because the bastards are not responding for the other others not arriving. Things bought in November for fuck sake

takes2long
takes2long

@Lunatick
Yes

Bidwell
Bidwell

@happy_sad
Looks like a mix between a DE incubi and maybe a Saim Hann Autarch.

Well considering that GW is bringing stuff like Primarch's into the picture for Chaos and the Imperials, I wouldn't be surprised if they are bringing in other "mythical" figures from the other races too.

Like say, maybe Arhra?

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Drazhar confirmed helping Imperials and other Eldar allies
Grand Battletome: Eldar when?

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@happy_sad
Eisenhorn is always a good start, I recommend anything from the Imperial Guard's perspective initially honestly. Since it gives a good idea of what the setting is from the "average" person. So the Cain novels and Gaunt's Ghost are pretty good.

If you want something Space Marine related then some of the Space Marine Battle books are decent. Mostly a case of pick whichever interests you with that lineup.

Other than that I also highly suggest the Night Lords trilogy, for something from the Chaos Space Marine side of things.

Snarelure
Snarelure

So I will be entering my first 40k tournament soon, and I play dark eldar do you have any helpful advice for me? I have played in a couple of fantasy tournaments so I am not unfamiliar with tournament play, just looking for some advice when it comes to 40k.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

So when is alpharius coming back?

WebTool
WebTool

@Bidwell
Celestine and Cawl are certainly also meant to be their Factions' primarch equivalents so they are bound to eventually stock up on them for pretty much all races.
I wonder what they'd do with Tau. Just bringing "super armor #17492 with unique name" really won't be a memorable character.
Orks are probably going to get Ghazghul as a The Beast reincarnated if he keeps on WAAGH-ing like he has the past 20 or whatever years.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

People deny that Commoragh is basically one big reluctant Slaanesh cult in denial

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@WebTool
It would be good to have a special Ethereal of some sort that was actually worth a damn and looked cool. They've been garbage forever.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@WebTool
I don't really know about the Tau, they'd probably just get more battlesuits or something. Character wise the only big name equivalent is Puretide.

Though it would be hilariously if they officially introduced O'Kais into the game to replace that Ethereal they killed of. To up the Tau special character numbers or something.

As for other races, I can see them bringing in the Silent King for Necrons, and more C'tan seems like a really obvious one.

The Dark Eldar also have a lot of people to bring considering the purge that happened previously due to lacking models.

iluvmen
iluvmen

@VisualMaster

Arhra confirmed.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

@iluvmen
Or a corsair prince.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

This is the main problem of Warhammer
prove me wrong faggots

Skullbone
Skullbone

@Deadlyinx
Nah, it's WAACfags that are a bigger pain

StonedTime
StonedTime

@Emberfire
That look in lefty's eyes

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@Deadlyinx
Kids are good. I don't want mini games to turn into pre-movies era superhero comics.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

@Emberfire
not even playing Warhammer 40k
Not my game, not my problem.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

@Deadlyinx
@Emberfire
wait the problem is for kids to pick up a hobby? I mean new blood into a hobby such as this one isnt really a problem i think.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

@Deadlyinx

Yeah, AoS is pretty horrible.

Hopefully it'll eventually mitigate with the abscence of Kirby's agenda. At the moment they have to try to fix it to save face instead of quietly downplaying it.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

@Emberfire
Is that a mini Matt from MWG?

Spamalot
Spamalot

@Deadlyinx
the problem with warhammer are the faggots who don't paint or play but bitch relentlessly

Soft_member
Soft_member

@Emberfire

Wall of stonehorns and thundertusks

What an arsehole.

Bidwell
Bidwell

@Emberfire
@Deadlyinx
user why were you taking pictures of kids at geedubs?

Evilember
Evilember

@Bidwell
They're from some GW's public facebook page

SniperGod
SniperGod

@Boy_vs_Girl

It didn't come in the mail, that's all im saying.

Nojokur
Nojokur

@lostmypassword

Drazhar

Are you blind?

Spamalot
Spamalot

The star of chaos symbol should be modified to have 9 points to better represent best god.

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Emberfire
I dont dislike kids in this hobby. Infact I think they are good for it and should be mentored to be better hobbyist whenever possible.

cum2soon
cum2soon

@Gigastrength
Not that user, but the fact that the Mechanicum doesn't have any records of the armor, implies it's more special than the usual Eldar stuff.

And the first thing that comes to mind when talking about special armor with the pointy ears is the Phoenix Lord suits.

iluvmen
iluvmen

@Gigastrength

Since when do Corsair Princes wear a combination of Aspect and Incubi armour? There's only one answer here. I just hope the writers remember Rhana Dandra is meant to be the Phoenix Lord o'clock and let them take centre stage with new models, new crunch and new lore.

It's just going to be about Primarchs again isn't it?

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

@iluvmen
new and plastic Phoenix Lord models
yes please

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

@Nojokur
Are you?
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Drazhar

Some say Drazhar is the Fallen Phoenix, Ahrha, and that Drazhar's armour is filled with nothing but bone-dust.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

@cum2soon
Isn't Drazhar's suit really old though, i could just be that it was one of the first with a more Aspect-y look?

Emberfire
Emberfire

@Ignoramus
Ignore idiots like that, it's pretty annoying how people complain about kids getting into the hobby when there's so much worry about getting new people into it already.

@iluvmen

It better not be. As much as I'd love to see the Khan, there needs to be some big Xenos players getting involved to make sure it isn't just Chaos and Imperials getting absurd.

Basically I want more C'tan dammnit

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

@PackManBrainlure

He doesn't know what Drazhar looks like

Open the codex. We know what Drazhar looks like and he aint red. Path series confirmed that Ahrha =/= Drazhar.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

@Burnblaze
Drazhar's suit is indeed ancient, but frankly looking at the guy in the picture, and looking at Drazhar they look nothing alike. Drazhar's might be the original Incubi warsuit, but I don't think he is Arhra honestly (I also think a novel confirmed this, but I could be wrong).

The one in the picture really looks to elaborate and has more Craftworld elements, which makes me lean on him being Arha more than anything else.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

@VisualMaster
Old artwork
Until it's confirmed, it's possible

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@Emberfire
there needs to be some big Xenos players getting involved
yeah aren't you super excited for ghazzy and eldrad showing up again?

how about farsight and shadowsun?

It's just going to be the same few characters the alien factions always see. Except maybe the necrons, since they've got a ton of characters comparatively.

whereismyname
whereismyname

I have 5 Canoness (4 metal models + 1 Verydian) for a diorama project
I need to replace 2 or 3 heads from the metal ones.
One will be sister of silence's plastic head
I need suggestion for the others Veeky Forums
must look
female
fluffly
imperial
what do?

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@PurpleCharger

Until it's confirmed

Nigga, actually read my post. Path of the Incubi had Drazhar outright saying he's not Ahrha and killing any fuck that claimed he was.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

@Spamalot
not 6
fucking degenerate.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

@Dreamworx
Thats what Ahrha would say :^)

Soft_member
Soft_member

@GoogleCat
I meant in terms of the background fluff characters user.

Stuff like the Primarchs were considered just part of the fluff, myths that would never be included in the game. But now they are, so it is only reasonable to assume the same is occurring with the other races too.

Like Arhra for example as people in this thread have noted. Or something like the Silent King and the Outsider for the Necrons. I really don't know why you thought I was just referring to the already existing named characters considering the context of the conversation user.

hairygrape
hairygrape

@VisualMaster

Path series confirmed that Ahrha =/= Drazhar.

It fucking better not have, the fact that Drazhar was just Ahrha brass-balls operating in the open without even really bothering to hide it was half the reason he was cool.

Methshot
Methshot

@PurpleCharger
current model, and depiction he has always had
old artwork

Even if he might be getting a model update, I highly doubt they would go that far with it.

And if it was Drazhar then they wouldn't be as mysterious as fuck about it. There isn't really much of a point with that.

Skullbone
Skullbone

@Nude_Bikergirl

Why was Slaanesh afraid of Nurgle?

Because Nurgle Khorned Tzeentch!

RavySnake
RavySnake

@girlDog
Looks like AOS Dorfs to me

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

@Dreamworx
Except it doesn't and you know it doesn't

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

@WebTool
Orks are probably going to get Ghazghul as a The Beast Reincarnated
Not Ghazghul ascending to become Gorkamorka, the Voice of Gork (or possibly Mork)

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

@whereismyname
Make them fight all the Xenos or all the 4 chaos codes minor deamons. Bonus point if you have the old metal daemonette

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

@whereismyname
Statuesque Minis female heads.
http://www.statuesqueminiatures.co.uk/c/4535598/1/heroic-scale-accessories.html

girlDog
girlDog

You know that Arhra fought Karandras, in 928.M41. If he's Drazhar he left Vect unprotected?
Also wasn't Arhra the one that turned chaos?

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

@Spamalot
But user the star already represents best god

Bidwell
Bidwell

@iluvmen
Mix of commirite plats and aspect armour, not incubi spefificly

WebTool
WebTool

@Dreamworx
@BinaryMan
Yeah, if I recall correctly he only showed up in one chapter in Path of the Incubi, to fight the disgraced Incubi and then he fucked off.

I don't recall any of the "killing anyone who calls him Arhra" in the book at all.

eGremlin
eGremlin

@girlDog
I see zebra stripes and feathers

Giant Gryph Hound?

Illusionz
Illusionz

@WebTool
He literally appears let's Morr live despite Morr killing his master iirc and then leaves

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

@whereismyname
Statuesque miniatures has female heads and models.

Wargame Exclusive have lewl not! 40k models

Brother Vinnil has lewl, good and/or cringe worthy models

Victorian miniature have female models too.

Dream Forge has some female models that could be use as tacticool Acolytes

Those are from the top of my head.

Ah look for dice bag lady she specialice in female models. She will go out of her way to try and get you models from different companies so when the shipping is done is all in one box and not multiple boxes.

On a side bitching all of them sell their shit with tracking number, and with cheaper shipping.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

gang of commorragh next week, say GW on twitch

likme
likme

@Emberfire
Big Xenos players getting involved?

That's a joke. At best the big Xenos characters will job to Chaos so that the Imperium looks better or will sacrifice themselves making some opening so the stronk Imperium heroes can save the day.

Xenos characters suck. Always have and always will. Ghazghkull couldn't win any major battle, nor could Eldrad, nothing's going to change that soon. All that's gonna happen now is that Chaos is gonna move out of the Loser pile so that only the Xenos will be left there.

whereismyname
whereismyname

@iluvmen
Duh. This is still 40k

TreeEater
TreeEater

@Lord_Tryzalot
just compare them to tyranids, you'll feel better

Flameblow
Flameblow

new thread when

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

@TreeEater
Too bad CSM got traitor legion rules which cemented them in the middle of the pack with some builds. It was always such an pleasure to watch ork-nid-csm micropenis measuring contests.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

I just read the entire rules for Dark Eldar Reavers.

Holy fuck. These guys are crack cocaine offensive. Good lord Ive been waiting for these guys my entire life.

Lets go through the list:

Can move 48 inches in a turn if they want.
Ignore all terrain.
3+ Jink
Can rapid fire 6 poison shots after moving from just 3 models.
Up to 8 hammer of wrath shots from just 3 models, with rerolls to wound.
Can leave fucking combat, 2+ on a dice.
4 toughness (albeit not super fantastic but pretty decent either way)
Access to Heat Lance

I'm probably missing shit because there's actually so much. Fuck these guys sound awesome. Too bad they'll fall over if anything shoots at them or has toughness 7+

Booteefool
Booteefool

@ZeroReborn
true micropenis is tau, who else needs to win so badly at plastic soldiers

happy_sad
happy_sad

@Stark_Naked
toughness 7+ is a problem for dark eldar
you do know how poison works, right user?

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

@Soft_member
I really don't know why you thought I was just referring to the already existing named characters considering the context of the conversation user.
Not that user, but seriously, if we're going back to herohammer, do you think that the xenos will get anything but their token main character?

I can see the necrons getting tons of love because ward is back in charge and they actually have superpowers waiting to come back. Imperial and Chaos primarchs, already happening.

But who exactly is the long lost superpower of the Tau? What about the npc never win races of the orks and tyranids?

w8t4u
w8t4u

@Booteefool
True, but they can't score them "muh worst codex" points.

Inmate
Inmate

@happy_sad
OH YEWAH

FUCKIN even better lol

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

@Stark_Naked
Scatbikes are a better way to run reavers.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

@likme
Ghazghkull couldn't win any major battle, nor could Eldrad
Neither has been given two thirteenth tries to do something, so it could still happen.

The second thirteenth war for Armageddon

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

@Stark_Naked
Eldar Windriders and Corsair Cloud Dancers are much better jetbikes than Dark Eldar Reavers.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

@ZeroReborn
"Hive Fleet Behemonth" codex that gives nids statlines and weapon profiles ripped directly from the second edition codex when?

whereismyname
whereismyname

from the fluff of fall of cadia

Sargent of Legion of the Damned in the phalanx say to imperial fists:
"Not all forces within the Immaterium bend their knee to the dark designs of Chaos"

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

@ZeroReborn
Corsairs are a better way to run Dark Eldar in general.

w8t4u
w8t4u

@ZeroReborn
@Garbage Can Lid
Windriders and Cloud Dancers are shooting platforms that don't get the melee tricks of Reavers.
They're better overall but can't be used in the same way.

Techpill
Techpill

How do we make Tyranids more of a threat similar to Chaos? I think they need to go a sort of Lovecraftian route of just general ancient madness and sense of worthlessness compared to the hive mind. Maybe flesh out the hive mind a bit more about how horrifying it actually is.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

@hairygrape
I thought this meme died years ago. Excluding Tau shit, FW is just expensive resin with fun rules that aren't any more powerful than normal units.

T. Imperial Guard and CSM player who likes stationary artillery and contemporary dreads.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

new thread
/tg/thread/51165273#p51165273
not auto-saging
same bitching
same shitposting

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Cawl had a mission, it's the artifact on his mechanicus arc.
He had met the Harlequin Shadowseer before, on Mars - she was the one who told him to "take the artifact to it's destination".

massdebater
massdebater

@w8t4u
Basically Cloud Dancers are better melee-jetbikes than reavers. With right buffs they hit quite hard for a "shooty" unit.

SniperGod
SniperGod

@massdebater
With right buffs
You can apply the same buffs, if by buffs you mean attached ICs that aren't Barons, to Reavers, too. They do get nerfed combat drugs, but at least theirs are free, and Caltrops are just pure sex.

I'm not saying Cloud Dancers aren't better, but Reavers have their own niche too.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

/tg/thread/51165385#p51165385
actual new thread
has a subject line
sorry I ruined it

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page