Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Age of Twin Threads edition.

Last
>THIS IS THE LIST BUILDER, (Dont) ASK FOR IT!
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Be wary of Alpharius)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FIRST FOR COMMORRAGH

>orks are a melee race
>I2

Fourth for Genestealer Cults can no longer turn one charge on the roll of a 6 due to poorly worded FAQ

>Brimstone Horrors
>30 points
>gives one roll on Malefic with a 1/6 chance of spawning a Lord of Change

Thanks for these FAQs GW!

I think genestealer cult players might be the worst players in the game at actually reading and interpreting rules

>Q: In a Gladius Strike Force, is a unit allowed to take a Drop Pod as a Dedicated Transport but then deploy on the board while the Drop Pod Deep Strikes?
>A: Technically, taking a Drop Pod as a Dedicated Transport and then deploying the unit and the Drop Pod separately is something you can do.

Holy shit Gw, passive aggressive much?

Actually re-reading a bit of the codex now, what specifies that my Tau commander can take multiple relics?

Good work, Kabalite.

Witnessed.

In my "research" of helping clarify the Tau taking multiple Signature Systems thing, I found another item that lets them evade the "1 relic per model" restriction. Aside from not being labeled as relics, there is a sentence missing from the Tau wargear list before the unit entries that is in every other "relic" using codex.

In the Tau Codex it reads:
"Only one of each Signature System may be taken per army." and then it lists the systems

In other codexes, in this case, the Grey Knights one it reads:
"Only one of each Relic of Titan may be taken per army. A model can take one of the following:" And then it lists the Relics.

This right here: "A model can take one of the following:" is what creates the 1 relic per army restriction and the Tau codex does not feature it.

Nothing. Tau commanders get fucked just as hard as everyone else by the relic change.

Tau dont have relics, they have Signature Systems.
No relics no problems.

So is there any reason to run Scions as anything but however many Hellrain Brigades you can fit into your points limit

Well the new faqs are fucking over my list pretty heavily, may i ask if the death korps counts as imperial guard? Battlescribe uses the AM tag in front of it so im puzzled

Is the Dominus Maniple worth using solely for the Plasma Caliver reroll and a tough as nails Dominus? Is that better than having the entire force using Scout and Crusader? You could just have a Vanguard Alpha in the Skitarii Maniple and get the same re-roll, right? I really dislike the lone Dunecrawler nonsense and loss of Scout on the Vanguard.

I seriously don't understand why there's ANY confusion with Signature Systems.

They're not called Relics. The word "Relic" never shows up in the rules half of the Tau Codex. So why do people want to arbitrarily enforce a non-listed irrelevant rule on something that's totally different in name?

The ground formation is pretty neat, but they're nearly only ever used as a melta suicide squad anyway. Primes are pretty cheap and effective though.

No they're their own faction

COMMORREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I would say no they don't count as the same because they have a different rule set, just like how Elysian Drop Troops don't count as standard AM.

S3 basic infantry too!

>LETS HOPE
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Because they fill the "role" of relics in the codex.

And because people LOVE bitching about Tau.

A lot of relic lists don't say "relic" anywhere

Neither do Daemon hellforged artefact but you dont see them attempting to take several after the change.

Except this isn't a Tau issue. This is everyone else telling Tau they can't do what their book says, for no actual reason, using a non-sequitur for an argument.

>Because they fill the "role" of relics in the codex.
No, they don't. They fill the role of Signature Systems. There is literally nothing even remotely linking Relics and Signature Systems.

People trying to force "logic parallels" into a system where shit is as written.

thank you!

gotta say that im pretty salty at the moment, i just finished painting my valkyrie and it seems i wont use it.

Are Sisters of Battle genetically engineered for increased size/muscle at all? Or are they just regular women and rely on their power armor to make up their strength?

the latter

Can the regular (read: suicide) scion squad in a hell rain brigade be held back in reserves to deepstrike or does the whole formation have to deploy at once?

A few of the other 'dexs have a slightly different wording, "A model may exchanged one weapon for one [relic]." Some consider that a limit of one, while others consider it an invitation to exchange as many weapons as possible.

Astra Militarum notably does not have a limit, either.

Having a smallish local tourny. No money involved, but I know 2-3 of them are waacfags regardless.

I basically always write balanced all-comers kinds of lists. Kind of want to be obnoxious just this once, since there's no prize involved anyway.

If I had a Belakor, I'd have fit him in somewhere. Other than that, is this obnoxious enough?

No, that honour goes to the people at GW.

Wait, no, that would imply they play the game :^)

Working on my Knight for a game tomorrow. Obviously not done yet, but since I got an airbrush I've wanted to try painting a 40k army with it.

The whole point is that arbitrary keywords literally do not matter. The words in the book matter.

Does your book say a specific piece of gear is limited to one per army? One per model? Neither? Fucking read and don't make retarded assumptions with no actual basis in logic or the text.

Regular women who pray and train zealously.

they are their own faction because they have their own rules and cant ally with the same armies that AM can

I didn't know about the IG one. But they're still called "relics", right?

I mean, I wish I could kit out my Grey Knights with the Relic spear, the relic Termie armor, and the relic Storm Bolter, but even though they're different pieces of equipment, I can only take 1. I know it fucks with vanilla marines pretty good because there's relic weapons, relic shield, and relic wargear.

Nobody commenting on this.

Not those Anons but as I'm reading through the FAQs at the same time as the thread and this stuck out.

>Q: Can a model be given a relic from the Mephrit Dynasty and an Artefact of the Aeons?
>A: No. A model may only be equipped with a single relic (or equivalent) of any kind.

Specialized systems are the relic equivalent in the Tau codex.

damn, that yellow is so smooth and bright

Swap/proxy the nurglings as brimstone horrors for some warp charges imo.

>Would Fortify Positions With/10

Gj user

GW have commissioned you to design a superheavy for your army.

Give me your pitch.

I play DE. Since we have a raider catamaran from Forge World, I want a raider trimaran as a superheavy.

I just want the ones I have to be actually useful.

give admech access to some bigger robots, tanks, ect

>DE
Super giga-nigga Ravager or edgy Flesh-Wraithknight.

Normal women who are likely Olympian levels of fitness based on how much they train, which is enhanced by the power armor.

an even bigger baneblade

Either a viable flyer or an actual heavy TANK for Tau
Riptides, Stormsurges, and that absurd Supremacy Suit don't make any fucking sense from a fluff perspective

Just buff the Monolith and Obelisk and I dont need a new one.

But that means GW doesnt get new sales so not gonna happen ;^)

the bigger blacker baneblade

>not wanting a Dark Eldar possessed Wraith lord, shackled against their will and forced to fight their comrades

IG

Void Shield emitter strapped to a tank that regenerates shields every turn.

Tau is nearly entirely the 'rule of cool' army with shit that hasn't made sense since their release

WE

That's the least likely possibility. DE don't raid Craftworlders, because DE at least see them as sentient beings unlike every other species, who they just hunt for sport and slavery.

no. it just confirms that they can only turn 1 charge on a 6 rather than always like some crazy rules lawyers where trying to push with their "its ambushing not infiltrating angle".

This big baby right here, and give it some goddamn firing points

>Admech
Give me big beep boops so i can i play cybernetica in 40k as well.
Or give us some death machine ala Ordo Reductor.
>Emperor's Children
No fucking idea. I'd say more greater daemons like Forgeworld has done, but that aint a superheavy.
Maybe just allow me to take any of the baneblade variants like guard and marines.
>Inquisition
God i really am not playing the right armies for superheavies am i ? a weaponised parade float like the one Corteaz rides in that one short film

An even bigger chariot for slaanesh daemons. av13/13/11 does 6d6 strength 6 ap3 rending hammer of wrath attacks, move through cover, driven by a keeper of secrets, daemon of slaanesh , can flatout and charge, fast, open topped, "feel the beat"

"feel the beat" all units within 12" gain rending and fleet. if they already have rending they rend on 5s, if they have fleet gain +3 movement in all phases

>They're not called Relics. The word "Relic" never shows up in the rules half of the Tau Codex.

The word "Relic" doesn't show up in most codices. It's mostly Space Marine permutations, Sororitas, Crimson Slaughter, Skitarii, and GSC. There's probably a few more that I missed, but Eldar have Remnants, Astra Militarum and Imperial Knights have Heirlooms, Cult Mech has Arcana, and most CSM have Artefacts.

>So why do people want to arbitrarily enforce a non-listed irrelevant rule on [Tau] something that's totally different in name?
Because people fucking hate Tau. The caveat is, if SigSystems are relics, Tau can (maybe) only have one per model, but can buy from the Fall of Cadia lists.

Likewise, a lot of non-"relic" lists have the word "relic" listed somewhere in that list's fluff, as well. There are "Artefacts," described as relics and "Relics," described as artefacts.

>There is literally nothing even remotely linking Relics and Signature Systems.
They're the fucking relic-equivalent. The unique wargear of the army, described as so rare, powerful, or advanced that There Can Be Only One (of each per army.) This is the same as any Heirloom or Artefact or Relic. It's incredibly clear that they're intended to be the "Relics" of Tau. "Relics" are a common gameplay convention.

If none of those are relics, then Iron Hands and Cult Mechanicus can't equip the Arcana Mechanicum of Belisarias Cawl. And Commissars can't take from Celestine's special list, but GSC can.

did they seriously nerf every single army other than space marine, eldar and tau? come the fuck on

Heirlooms.

Nope. Grey Knights are as disappointing as ever.
We technically got a buff. 2+ attacks to the Dreadnought. Which NO ONE uses.

Not quite.

They buffed daemons.

Make an Inquisitor warband and stick them in it

not really. they just confirmed that some bizzare and clearly not RAI interpretations that most people already didn't use were wrong.

>did they seriously nerf every single army other than space marine, eldar and tau? come the fuck on
Space marine got some nerfs too.

how fucking retarded are tau diaper bitch fags that they think they can take multiple relics on a character

uh guyz they spel it reliks so its totes different

What happened?

skitarii was just clarifying what luminagen does, there werent really any nerfs since there was only 3 things said at all

And Orks didn't' change at all.

Giant floating platform with rotors akin to Cloudbase from Captain Scarlet crossed with pic related, but with the Admech aesthetic.

Would be essentially a moving fortification bristling with mid-strength blasts and have lots of HP but comparatively weak armour (12/12/12?), plus that"can be shot at at full BS" rule the Manta has.

Doctrinas and/or Canticles, a modest Invulnerable save and lots of battlements for firing down from.Troops on the top deck can deepstrike down like Valkyrie grav-chute insertion, and if destroyed must do this at a point on the explosion scatter point, but take an AP2 dangerous terrain. Ones in the hold take D hits and crashing hits as normal.

The only thing suggesting they can't is a contradictory FAQ that probably didn't even consider them. Both the Tau Codex and Mont'ka say they can.

The Deliverance Engine for SoB

Fires 4d6 exorcist missiles with a hull mounted avenger canon coaxial to a heavy bolter with inferno rounds.

WE'RE STILL REALLY FIRED UP!

>forgetting Vect? (Or some other DE Lord) have wraithguards...

Yeah, the Swordfish skimmer tank, maybe. Or something for one of the allies.

Har har har. Yes, you're right. The Space Marines, with their skulls and their chainsaws are definitely not "Rule of Cool" to the point where there's a different goddamned detachment to play to each version of what you think is cool.

Tau simply have no fluff at all and are just a collection of memes.

Deldar got buffed actually, now you can take 10pt HQs and replace all your formation's Kabalite Warriors with Trueborn, plus the Jink ruling is still valid.

>Applying implied context to words
Did you get that autism checked?

Dark eldar didn't have anything bad really I feel
In fact, by confirming that jinking doesn't affect passengers it kinda buffed dark eldar

They only confirmed it. You could already do it, but it would raise eyebrows.

Where are you guys finding this new FAQ?

Ain't seen that one in a while, lol.

An autist would not read any context into anything.

>Shas'o, the Hammerhead isn't enough, we need to design a new tank for our forces
>Should we make a new chassis? No?
>How about a new weapon? N-no?
>Just a normal Hammerhead? But with two railguns?

the giga-rhino. can carry other rhinos full of troops inside it. Rhinos can tank shock out of the giga-rhino. Fire points allow people inside rhinos to shoot out the giga-rhino

It's model is the box rhinos come in

Maybe back in 3rd ed, but nowadays, the Archon bodyguards are Incubi.

warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/

but give it a day and it'll be in the normal errata linked to in the OP.

Doesn't every army reuse the same chassis over, and over, and over again?

So so happy about the servo skull GSC answer.

>Fire points allow rhinos inside the giga-rhina rhino to shoot out the giga-rhino

Gargant. Absolutely covered in weapons, S10 AP2 Rapid Fire pie plate main gun.

A giant wyvern or something that spits poison and darkness for Dark Eldar, something they scored on a raid of a Death World for their arena.

This is bullshit and you know it.

Are you sure the Flash Gitz didn't commission that thing from a corrupt Governer? Because holy hell that is some bright yellow!

It already has a s10 ap1 massive blast gun.