Attribute Acronyms

How do you feel about using acronyms for your attribute system like CLASSIC or SPECIAL? I've been brainstorming stat names for my homebrew and I'm not sure if I should try to fit them into an acronym - on one hand it's a relatively minor detail and a bit of headache, on the other it could help sell the system as light and silly while building on the overarching theme.

Acronyms can be neat, but the problem is that they can sometimes lead to unintuitive attribute names if you try and force it. If one fits somewhat naturally, it's fine, but don't feel compelled by it.

I think that's essentially my own feelings on it, it's just that the siren call of word play keeps tempting me whenever I try to move on, probably because it's such a pun and wordplay filled setting that it feels odd to have something straight-faced even if it's out of necessity.

Nimbleness
Intelligence
Guts
Glory
Empathy
Resilience
Strength

Noblesse
Athleticism
Deftness
Scholarship

It's a lot harder with shorter words to make one that both covers very different attributes and has a funny name.

As goofy as the whole game is, I did think that Busty Barbarian Bimbos had a pretty thematic and funny acronym and appropriate stat names for the themes of the game.

They went with the SLUT system, consisting of Slap, Legs, Uhm... and Tits. Incredibly silly, but very fitting.

I considered SLUT (and FUCK, and CUNT...) but coming up with a U attribute is a bitch.

BBB made Uhm... the equivalent of the Intelligence stat. It's a little odd, given that the name seems more of an expression of a low stat than a high one, but it's still pretty evocative and fits the whole gimmick of the game.

My int/wis/cha all-in-one stat is Lewdness (or depravity, or perversion) so I'd need a U name for a str, stam, or dex-like stat. Right now I'm leaning towards changing gears and going for something like ANAL instead.

Think I've given up on thinking up a clever name, something easy to say will do instead. How does this sound:

Physique
Endurance
Technique
Lewdness

How about

Ferocity
Agility
Gumption
Generosity
Osteoporosis
Telekinesis

Charisma
Utility
Cleverness
Kindness

Or on a more serious note

Magnetism
Agility
Resolve
Vitality
Education
Luck

Length
Erectness
Whiteness
Danglies

Strength
Endurance
Nobility
Duress

Nimbleness
Utility
Dexterity
Eroticism
Salience

>Nimbleness AND Dexterity
You done fucked up. Even a bullshit stat like Nudity is better than redundancy.

Tenderness
Heartiness
Impressiveness
Choiceness
Chunkiness

What's the difference between Heartiness and Chunkiness? Unless this is a statline for soup.

Wisdom
Heedfulness
Open-mindedness

Flair
Understanding
Cunning
Knowledge
Insight
Nimbleness
Gumption

Caution
Acumen
Refinement
Erudition
Savvy

Acuity
Strength
Speed

or

Grit
Aptitude
Yare

I had to open up the dictionary for the last one

Same. You know how many attributes start with U? Like two.

L ooks
E ndurance
G lory
E ducation
N imbleness
D epth
S trength

High Heartiness = Fit thicc
High Chunkiness = Fat thicc
High Both = Bearmode

A "high" intelligence barbarian goes Uhm... A really low intelligence barbarian just goes Roar.

There should be situations where you can substitute Looks for a Depth check.

Not an acronym, but I once tooled around with an idea for a very loose Addams Family RPG. Naturally, I wanted the stats to be:

Creepy
Kooky
Mysterious
Spooky
Altogether Ooky

I think SPECIAL is literally the only time this has actually worked right.

We've got enough of a problem with bad stat names even in games which don't try and force this shit. I can't actually think of a single tabletop RPG which manages to have clear, unambiguous, commonly used English words which actually mean what people mostly mean when they say that word for all it's stats with no confusion about what falls under what stat. That should be the bare fucking minimum standard and 100% of the games I've read have failed to meet it. Try to do that before worrying about cute shit like acronyms.

Speed
Agility
Nitro
Instantaneousness
Color of arms

Not using
>Body
>Agility
>Senses
>Intelligence
>Charisma

Understanding would fit, but it would also encompass the Int/Wis/Cha category. Could possibly change L to litheness? That would leave you with the easy Strength and Toughness for the full SLUT array. Only thing I can think of.

>Not making it
Brawn
Agility
Senses
Intelligence
Charisma

Honestly not bad, would play bare-bones system with this.