/epg/ - Eclipse Phase General

Moons are Evil Edition

>>OFFICIAL BOOKS
robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs
>>Transhumanity's FATE (FATE Conversion)
mediafire.com/download/ae113ujgd3hggpl/Transhumanitys_FATE.pdf
>>X-Risks and After The Fall
mega.nz/#F!KwcS0bJK!9KLjZegzebaq-mlPUin45Q

PLAY AIDS:
>>the10 things you should know about Eclipse Phase
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qnrh0w7H0Jl2_CSsySRxcs4ugw27xsBIk5MYwXq2nDQ/edit
>>Advice for new players and GMs
pastebin.com/e0EErN6X
>>Eclipse Phase hacking cheet sheet
eclipsephase.com/downloads/voidstate_eclipse_phase_hacking_cheatsheet_v1-1.pdf
>>Online character creator
eclipsephase.next-loop.com/Creator/version4/index.php
/view/?axe1vs35muk4juh
>>Eclipse Phase xls Character sheet
sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet
>>Downloadable Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/5wr4yo6bdymuijr/Agency.exe
>>Singularity: The Official Character Creator
mediafire.com/file/fsmkm846acu6kcy/singularity.zip

COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>>the 3 new adventures for your use in convenient PDF form
awdaberton.wordpress.com/about/
>>Ander's Sandberg's Eclipse Phase fanmade content, including several modules
aleph.se/EclipsePhase/
>>Farcast: An Eclipse Phase yearblog full of items, locations, NPCs, and plot hooks
mediafire.com/download/dhqd1m83xc1wmpj/Farcast_Yearblog_2013.pdf
>>The Ultimate's Guide to Combat
eclipsephase.com/sites/default/files/UltimatesGuideToCombat11a.pdf
>>Seedware: Another Yearblog
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36317552/Seedware Blog.pdf
>>H-Rep: A Homebrew Blog
ephrep.blogspot.com/

/EPG/ HOMEBREW CONTENT
docs.google.com/document/d/19Gy02gp6-WPQ3SoN_24kLPTUu5EjFO8qh_9pjJSVrrY/edit

Previous Thread: Let's do something constructive. Ever encountered a space "dungeon", /epg/? Made one? Have a favorite crawl?

R E M I N D E R
E
M
I
N
D
E
R

GMAnon still here, still looking for players for a multilayered personal slice of life drama with crime and politics and the occasional X-Risk.

Anyone ever do a diplomatic game? Given the potential for ever changing alliances it seems like it could be interesting. Maybe combine it with a espionage game? Most of the major factions all have their own spies running around performing espionage and operations. Heck, the Jovian diplomat even explicitly operates as a spy occasionally.

Earth Reconquista when my dear Jovian brothers and sisters ?

I believe the only proper solution is for Jovians to conduct a decisive first strike with RKV's, basically slugs propelled by anti-matter Orion drive mounted on one of Jovian moonlets.
Hit all the major bases and setlements with RKVs. Hit major PC operations with RKVs. Fuck everything up so much that it can't operate and can't be put back into action in a short amount of time, then round it up with anti-matter saturation bombing.
Remaining transhumanists will have to be hunted down and defeated, for peace and order in Solar System.
Once this is achieved Jovians can restructure Solar System and with humans surviving limit its development to sane technological levels with morals taken from golden age of human civilization in the 50s.

And if we cannot save the Solar System, then damn it, let us burn it to the ground.

I sincerely hope after the Argonauts and crime book they try releasing shit that presents a more grounded and "everyday life" view of EP. I feel like more than few GMs (out of the maybe 14 people in existence that have actually run this game) get stuck in describing very mundane things to players new to the setting, because they're stuck between the fact that EP is a bizarre and weird transhuman post-singularity setting and all the familiar sci-fi tropes they're probably more used to. And then they get players that know way more about the setting than they do and have browsed Atomic Rockets for 50 trillion hours and utterly demoralizes the GM the minute they get something "wrong".

Example:

>We enter the student's apartment. What do we see?

>Uh you see...a monitor in one corner of the room, a bundle of cables lied about the floor. There's also a table with some kind of holographic interface, and---

>WAIT THIS FAGGOT STILL USES TV SCREENS LMAO MUST BE A JOVIAN

>WIRES? CABLES? ARE WE PLAYING ECLIPSE PHASE OR STARRRR WARRRRRRS

I'm not projecting don't worry about it

It's too soon to try that now. You'll either run out of minerals or make Jupiter implode before you can make a dent on the Consortium.

-t. man in high castle

Yeah, I don't know if it'll be covered in those books (though I hope Crime does mundane crimes too), but I do know they've had push from places like their forums to do more everyday life details and have supposedly batted around the idea for that supplement before.

I'd assume maybe after Crime then there might be a Panopticon Vol 2 which includes "everyday life and tech" as a major section.

Also, anybody who freaks out about cables is an idiot. Fiberoptic cables are in the book, and are cheap. Do you run everything in your house on wi-fi?

>It's too soon to try that now.
Our time will come.

I'm just gonna reiterate something I said in the last thread:

The restriction on technology is going to result in major cultural and institutional skills gaps, and rearing their heads in the coming generations. Limiting tech access to civilians as strongly as they do means they'll probably be short a few script kiddies who broke the dominant infosec paradigm for fun while they were growing up, or backyard engineers who made railguns and rockets.

But if it produces a safe and stable society, why worry?

And on a sidenote, I always figured the Jovians were fundamentally always going to be PCs. Jupiter is a safe place to live and the Jovians themselves aren't morally opposed to the rest of transhumanity existing, they're just afraid and isolationist because the Fall generated certain kinds of cultural accelerationism and most transhumans view them with a kind of smug disdain. I don't think a jihad is necessary or going to happen- Jupiter just needs to stay strong as a control group for the rest of humanity and provide a place for more traditional transhuman clades to exist in.

In terms of projecting state power and preserving traditional cultural memes, I always figured that the Jovians and Titanians were more suited as allies of one another than the PC and Anarchists respectively. They're geographically closer to one another but also far away enough that there's breathing room, have similar concerns involving an uncomfortable network of ungrateful allies on their respectful networks. They also obviously have a vested interest in keeping eachother in positions of strategic strength- a strong Jupiter prevents PC expansion and a strong Titan keeps the Autonomist Alliance from going full retard and trying to RKV the Reagan cylinders floating around the Galilean moons.

They don't need to like one another. Just coexist and maintain a healthy relationship.

Ignoring delusional Joveposters, the Republic is going to eventually have to cycle out of the permanent military government as the population runs out of shit to be afraid of. It's also obviously going to play diplomacy with its neighbors, particularly those it shares interests with.

If the Jovians, Minervans, and LLA all manage to form an alliance I could easily see them winning a war against any individual faction. Of course, such an alliance would prompt other alliances to form, such as MC and PC joining forces, or Ultimates supporting the AA.

Honestly, I don't think the Minervans are big enough to account for much, strategy-wise. They have a ghetto hab ship, some destroyers, and guts. That's like, a single task force unit compared to the Titanian or Jovian Navy.

Why the LLA? There's a ton of people sleeved into robots or embracing more advanced Reclaimer morphs.

The Theseus is /the/ Reclaimer body, more than the Flat or the Splicer or the Exalt.

Also, watch me be wrong when they come out with the Space Combat supplement and somehow the rules make it so the fact that Minerva holds so many people and is made from a giant space rock makes it like, a giant terrifying space boss platform.

>the Jovians, Minervans, and LLA all manage to form an alliance

I would like a behind the scenes deal between them and Ultimates and Exhumans just like Molotov Ribbentrop pact.

>space combat

In EP there are only two things to do in space.

Die in space, or don't die in space.

>as the population runs out of shit to be afraid of
The TITAN threat is still very real. Heck, the Jovians may be good at taking out x-risks within their own territory, but Firewall is barely managing to do it in other places like the outer fringes. All the Jovians would need to do is point out that fact and they'd be good.

Plus when the rest of the solar system is made up of literal monsters, and you are quite literally one of the last bastions of humanity, and you have plenty of propaganda (much of which is true) to use, then it won't be hard to keep an eternal militaristic regime going.

That being said, the Jovians know the risks of losing a war, so they will definitely be maintaining diplomacy with the transhumans.

You underestimate them. That's 20,000-40,000 hardened soldiers, and they gained some very dangerous TITAN-level tech and artifacts in the Outer System.
Plus their main ship seems like a dreadnought.

It's a rock covered in engines.

This is some next level orkposting.

>Minervans
>Ultimates and Exhumans

You literally must pick one.

Such a pact would go about as well as it did IRL.

I guarantee that if they start an actual slapfight the big mercenary groups will be literally clambering over each other to cut their teeth on a conventional war. The Ultimates especially will be all over it.

so they hate each other like Hitler and Stalin?

Honestly I think the best bet for the Jovians at this point is finding some like minded people (like the LLA, scattered groups of reclaimers, and possibly Minervans) and using their combined power to attempt a major reclamation of Earth. The goal would be to be ballsy yet strong so the PC wouldn't find it worth it to go to war with them. The land conquered could be split between the factions (Jovians and Minervans Get North America, LLA gets South America, etc.). Of course, shortly after they started reclaiming the PC would probably try their own efforts at reclaiming too, but that's just something we'd have to deal with later on.

What's the gist? I missed last thread.

The players are people from different groups and allegiances on a major world, probably Mars, but potentially Titan or Venus as alternatives, in a big cosmopolitan city with the usual issues of crime and corruption. Just trying to live their lives, get by and maybe change the world one piece at a time- all while juggling their secondary responsabilities serving as Firewall troubleshooters.

The way I'm selling it is "The Wire meets Global Frequency, written by a weeb".

Neat. Any preferences on character creation methods? I have a character idea in mind.

Jovian "Reconquista" (or especially adding Minervan in there since even those two groups will not likely cooperate) is about as reasonable as the idea of the Ultimates capturing all the Gates, and that's a thread they keep trying to push in the actual books.

It's good for a movie script, but "IRL" it'll never fucking happen.

Let them have this.

You're overestimating them I think. They've got 20,000 people period, and a lot of them can't really be toothy or the fleet breaks down. We know they've got 20k marines on the Minerva, which is likely the bulk of their military complement. Warships matter more, and they only have around 5 of them, combined with about a dozen converted civilian ships.

The only thing which makes them remotely important is the TITAN tech they've managed to scavenge, but there's a lot of people in that game.

>It'll last 2 years and then spark a massive war
Except for the part where it wouldn't get signed that's a pretty accurate comparison.

>But if it produces a safe and stable society, why worry?
The society it produces isn't really safer, and is much more repressive than practically anywhere except Alpha Plus.
>the Jovians themselves aren't morally opposed to the rest of transhumanity existing
Most of them are. The Jovian citizenry are more bioconservative than the SC.

The JR isn't a PC ally. They aren't really allied with anyone external except for some reclaimer groups, and likely some independent hypercorps.

>They're geographically closer to one another
Jupiter is generally closer to Mars than Saturn, the outer system is HUGE. Really conventional ideas about geography should be tossed aside.

A weaker Jupiter is in the interest of the TC, as they're allied with places like Hyoden and would stand to become to sole large outer system power. A strong Titan (these naming conventions though) can also check PC expansion.

Earth was a shithole before the TITANs finished wrecking the place. That's one of the reasons no one has gotten very far in trying to reclaim it. It's likely not worth it, especially in the Martian's eyes.

*2k marines on Minerva, finger slipped.

Not especially. Just follow standard values for CP, lifepaths or package chargen.

Earth at minimum has one thing desperately wanted by many people though, space. Sure, many of the resources might have been drained, and the soil may or may not bear crops properly. But their is a lot of space, and a lot of history down there. The AA, PC, and MC who wish to forget Earth may not care about its reclamation, but the JR, Minervans, and especially the LLA, who are in extremely close proximity and would benefit the most from reclamation, all have a desire to see the homeland reconquered. It's not always about what's rational necessarily, simply what the people think is right and what they care about. Plus can you imagine the morale boost to anyone who gets a stake of the land in the reclamation?

The shithole Earth is now is also really bad. Severe weather rampant, basically zero biosphere, ozone is shot so solar radiation is a bitch, air and water contamination, ocean levels are out of control but also you've got blast winter effects active, some areas are "hot" from use of nuclear weapons, etc.

This is without the "also TITANs and their agents have left lots of weird shit lying around", like a giant humanoid biological under the ocean.

>A strong Titan (these naming conventions though)

I refer to them as the Commonwealth if I feel it isn't clear. As far as I know they are the only group with that particular noun attached.

There isn't really very much space. Much of the surface is close to Venus levels of active hostility to human life.

There's also a colony of sentient squids.

Much of it is I'm sure. Still, somehow there manages to be people that have survived down there since the Fall.

A handful, and they survive by avoiding the majority of the planet. The fact they're alive doesn't change the fact the functional space isn't huge.

Also, this is ignoring the potential for Earth to be riddled with TITAN booby traps waiting for a suitably large foot to set them off.

Earth is still better environment to live in than all other places in Solar System. You can start by isolating and cleaning up isolated islands and areas, while burning out Exsurgent nests from orbit.

Not all Earth is wrecked totally, even without biosphere(which it still has btw) there is enough oxygen to last for thousands of years.

Lol, nope. You are talking out of your ass. Earth is habitable but dangerous. There are even human settlements there.

There's also a lot of nanoswarms, creepers, and whatever other horrors the TITANs scattered around when they left.
>Plus can you imagine the morale boost to anyone who gets a stake of the land in the reclamation?
It's a boost until they realize the land is literally trying to eat them. Earth is a shit sandwich which might look a little like nutella if you look at it from as far away as Jupiter.

Mars is better. The atmosphere's a little less breathable, but there's no super-storms full of weather control nanos fucking everything up, or continent sized nanoswarms, or a lot of other other nasty things. Temperature is more stable as well. Exsurgent nests tend to be pretty fire resistant, or the last decade of bombardment would have made more of a difference.

Worse really, a Q-morph wouldn't last long to the magic death trees or whatnot.

There is already a reclaimer base down there. I'm not saying that the reclaimer alliance could just swoop down and crusade their way through the whole planet, but with gradual time and effort, they could clear out the danger like one clears a minefield.

What if any of those mines has the capability of wiping out the entire human race?

What happens when some Jovian footslogger accidentally opens a vault full of a million blood thirsty war machines? Or an antimatter bomb the size of Wales?

What happens when TITAN sensors detect a influx of ships arriving to Earth and they wake up the giant death-bot sleeping at the bottom of the Ocean to wipe us out?

Earth isn't a minefield, it's a hornets nest waiting to be kicked.

>people actually think the minervans will be a factio that matters

Thry are just like your average radical Malleus Inquisitor in 40k.

Shine brightly, then burn... forever. One of these days , they will turn into some TITAN worshipping zombie cult.

You literally described what Firewall and AA are doing every day.

I don't like when they do it either.

>Mars is better. The atmosphere's a little less breathable
You mean, not breathable at all.
Also Mars has no significant water, and no biosphere.

Y'know what has all of those things in spades and might not blow up in our faces at the drop of a hat? Exoplanets.

If the TITANs have a single mine capable of wiping out the human race then they would've used it by now. I know they're magic but their still machines are still beatable. And its likely the TITANs are dormant or gone, given that they could've destroyed humanity six ways to sunday by now if they wanted to. There's nothing stopping them from turning on those giant war machines right now other than them being gone or unwilling, so there's no reason no to push back into the Earth other than the cost in resources.

It will just end up like Bloodborne, except scifi instead of Victorian.

You need to get it through your thick skull that the TITANs and their creations cannot be fought. They are manmade cosmic horror. They eat 2d6 investigators a turn. They have no hitpoints.

>giant death-bot sleeping at the bottom of the Ocean to wipe us out?

Giant psychic corpse god, thank you very much!

>its likely the TITANs are dormant

That's what I'm worried about.

It would be so much easier if the Earth could be fixed with a single retcon punch, wouldn't it?

>Also Mars has no significant water

It has polar and subsurface ice and has several artificial or reinstated rivers.

Not according to the books. See pic attached.

Firewall, OZMA, and the Jovians fight TITAN creations all the time. Unless of course when you GM you just have the players lose every time they encounter a TITAN creation, in which case you suck at this game.

That's possible. Maybe they'll stay asleep forever if we don't bother them. Or maybe now while they sleep is the only chance we'll have to destroy them before they wake up again. Who knows? I think its worth the risk though. We're on the edge of extinction anyways.

Sure, but that's not the point. The point is that Earth is a giant dungeon, a fucked up hellhole full of landmines which might undo us all (or severely ruin somebody's day) if recovered, but also full of vast treasures to the right people. Fortune and Glory.

NO YOU FUCKING RETARDED CUNT! WHAT PART OF -COSMIC HORROR- DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

The TITANs cannot be beaten, they cannot be killed, they cannot be stopped. Just like an ant has no chance of stopping a tornado. You can only dig deep and hope the root system that you build your nest in won't end up flying.

And if you fucking understood cosmic horror, you fucking retarded imbecile, you would also understand why the TITANs never finished mankind off. Their power increased so much, mankind wasn't even worth exterminating. Humanity is nth powers below the energies the TITANs can generate, so they have no interest in humans.

Cosmic horror, the horror of a humanocentric philosophy destroyed by the realisation that the cosmos, some say cosm, the powers that be do not care or even notice mankind.

Well, ultimately, the TITANs have already won if they wanted to really. Nothing to be done about that.

So have fun storming the Earth, because either way the outcome is already decided.

Moonlets: when will they learn?

You're being a faggot desu.

There, you've said it. They fight TITAN creations.

If ISIS shoots down a US military drone, does that mean they can invade the American coast?

How can one be "post-human" if humanity never actually existed at all?

You know this thread is about Eclipse Phase right? Not Lovecraft. We already know that TITAN machines can be beat, they literally tell that to you in the books, which I'm not sure if you've read at this point given that you are sounding increasingly crazy with the shouting and insults.

Death or glory, my friend. Nothing to really lose at this point, that can't already be taken away.

There is a reason this image exists.

If you have enhanced respiration and temperature tolerance (cold) you can happily run around in the nude on Mars, and given 100 years it'll be a paradise to eclipse earth in it's prime.

There is also a currently thin biosphere on Mars, and some rivers and lakes.

>If the TITANs have a single mine capable of wiping out the human race then they would've used it by now.
when you also say
>given that they could've destroyed humanity six ways to sunday by now if they wanted to.
it seems like there could totally be a mine like that the TITANs just never used.

It'd be pretty darkly funny if the human race was wiped out because they triggered a weapon the TITANs thought too cruel to use.

Isn't that Lost Source essentially?

It would be a blessing to be beneath the notice of the ETI, but they see all and think the way a young civilization twitches in the throes Exsurgency is amusing. They actually show Firewall ops on late night space PPV back where they live.

Naw, Lost Source is more like Bloodborne than what that user is trying to say it is. Fights are winnable, but only because you're already post-human.

Beating a TITAN proxy doesn't mean you can beat TITANs.

It is like the Orz. You can defeat the fingers, but you will never defeat the body to which the fingers are attached.

The only way to succeed in Bloodborne is to abandon your humanity and become like the Old Ones too. So the parallel still continues.

That's what I mean. You're barely human to begin with. The Hunter is an immortal nightmare who feasts on the essence of other living beings and literally lives to kill.

Date, time, platform, method of communication (roll20, discord, etc)

>when you crack eti transmissions and find out the fall was just a part of some alien reality show

You can quit the Ultimates right? They're not going to send some kind of hit squad after you?

But what if there was the very real possibility that the drones were all that was there. Sure, it would be a hard fight, but once you destroyed the drones, you could invade the empty America. That is the situation the reclaimers face. The TITANs might be dormant or gone, and so while they will have to put up with fierce resistance from TITAN creations, it is very possible that once you defeat those creations there is no longer a threat left. There's definitely a real chance that I am wrong and our efforts will fail, but honestly, if the TITANs wanted to wipe us out they could've done so a long time ago, so perhaps the only people that would die in a failure would be those who embarked on the mission.

Shut the fuck up retard. Go ruin a 40k thread with "a modern tank cud beat a landraider durrrr".

I would think if you wanted to, you could resign or even be kicked out of the Ultimates. They have a very specific philosophy after all if you don't want to participate in their system any more they have no reason to keep you.

I suspect though if you were very high ranked and had access to their high-level strategic planning they might be more concerned.

REMINDER
E
M
I
N
D
E
R

You must be a joy to play with. I'm assuming then that you give the headhunters, hunter-killers, and warbots infinite health, given your obsession with "muh cosmic horror". You can try to change the rules and setting of the game all you want, but that doesn't mean crap on this thread.

That would matter if we actually had people posting about Firewall in the thread.

What are you talking about? I am not Lovecraft guy. I just recognize your posting style, and I think you are a fucking faggot.

>"Everyone has to play the way I do or your a faggot!"
You are the cancer on these threads.

>>people actually think the minervans will be a factio that matters

Our Minervan allies will play important part in Operation ETERNAL FREEDOM. They are crucial in neutralizing the Exsurgent strain known as Argonauts with Artifact Codename CHEOPS provided by [REDACTED] supporting faction from Outer System.

Once this threat is neutralized the Minervan fleet will re-deploy part of its assets to secure our flank from possible Titan incursion, while the other will join our fleets on the Martian front.

Once our RKV's make short work of PC defense installations and command nodes, Minervan marines and our Ultimate allies will use the Gate system to form a beachhead on Mars itself. Our fleets and Lunar force will then make a pincer movement towards Mars, while covert operatives from special forces will apprehend and eliminate leadership figures among remaining PC leaders.

Once Mars is liberated from the corrupt PC,its resources and population will be utilized for the next stage of the operation:liberation of our homeworld, Earth itself.

Keep spamming your generic cyberpunk soldier images while jerking off to the Joves and the Minervan exsurgent slave zombie timebomb.

> Sure, it would be a hard fight, but once you destroyed the drones
You'd run into the second wave of drones. Many TITAN creations are replicating. A TITAN nanoswarm or Creeper is a genius by transhuman standards, and can create armies pretty quickly. Add in the artificial ecosystem stuff and the potential for indestructible factories made from Creeper-stuff and permanently clearing land looks really hard.

Of course, most of that stuff will only be as well directed as the nanoswarms or think tanks can manage, because the TITANs are gone. Most Exsurgents are pretty tame without their masters around, but there are exceptions. TITAN tech is different though, and generally much more capable. Things get a lot worse if you wake up a Fetch or Beta TITAN, and you can just cancel the solar system if you accidentally bother an Alpha.

There's also the transhuman created stuff, and crazy climate changes. which doesn't help, but compared to shit like the entire arabian peninsula being a giant nanoswarm that stuff is peanuts.

>They actually fell for Adrasteia's honeypot
laughing ASIs.mesh

>Jovian "Reconquista" (or especially adding Minervan in there since even those two groups will not likely cooperate) is about as reasonable as the idea of the Ultimates capturing all the Gates

It's a perfect way to make them allies. Jovians have no interest in the Gates and both sides could add their assets to dominate the system.

LLA+Jovians+Ultimates+Reclaimers and other minor factions.

But user, the Minervans are probably already infected by exsurgents.

To be fair, the Ultimates work as mercenaries much of the time, so I could see the Jovians hiring them for some missions.

>But user, the Minervans are probably already infected by exsurgents.
>increasingly worried transhumanist posts this for 11th time this year.jpg

Don't you worry, we are coming for ya. The transhuman screeches, while the human marches on.

Earth will be human again.

Also he posts the same fucking images all the time in line with his posts. Does that count as avatarfagging?

It is borderline avatarfagging, yes. Let the mods figure it out.

>Keep spamming your generic cyberpunk soldier images while jerking off to the Joves and the Minervan exsurgent slave zombie timebomb.

Repeating identical comments he had made in June, July, August, September, and twice in November, increasingly nervous local transhuman Zix BonKrix responded to Jovian Republic's call to ban reconquer Earth Monday by once again stating this would be the end of the human’s campaign and existence sources confirmed

>posts a picture of human-look-alike simulacrums

Posting some AT45 "humans" to represent humans is so deliciously ironic.

The Ultimates don't care about retaking Earth anymore. Least of all to help genetrash.

I am not pleased by this gif

>triggered

Just accept that in game that allows you to play bioconservative Jovians, you will find...bioconservative Jovian players.

>The Ultimates don't care about retaking Earth anymore. Least of all to help genetrash.
Jovians help them get the Gates, they help them conquer Mars.

The Ultimates wouldn't take help from anyone, let alone take help from genetrash.