>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kyQKi5-k0UU?t=141
youtube.com/watch?v=x5Za8HggalY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jumpers!
Tell me about your rivals, nemeses and worthy opponents.

The only one that actually came close was Horus and the last time I saw him he was drowning in a literal tide of Titan-sized mechas.

How many of your Companions were originally human? Do you have a preference toward humans or non-humans?

They're all demi-humans, now that I think about it. I've got a minotaur, a werecat, a dragonoid, some elves...

Mostly inhumans and super-natural creatures. They are more likely to stay 'sane' during the long journey without perks.

I have picked some humans along the way, but they don't stay humans very long.

Why don't you just make a desert and call it that, user?

>How many of your Companions were originally human?
Not... A whole lot, interestingly enough. Probably has something to do with purely human settings not having much in a way of interesting characters. There are outliers, obviously, like Adam Jensen or Athena Cykes. And the line starts to blur when you talk about people like Takamachi Nanoha, Ryougi Shiki, or Madaraki Fran. An interesting discussion topic, to be sure.

>Why don't you just make a desert and call it that
Uh?

Professor Paradox: can a Galvanic Mechamorph learn to do what Ship can do and mimic technology they've touched? Could a Galvan companion give them that functionality if they can't normally do it?

Can a Galvanic Mechamorph upgrade something and leave the upgrades behind or do they always revert back to what the machine was like before the Galvanic Mechamorph merged with it? The Gwen 10 episode indicates it's possible, but only with a throwaway line of dialogue that may have been referencing temporary enhancement while in it.

If you take Freaked Out and don’t have an Omnitrix does that mean you have to be an Ectonurite? What happens if you’ve already picked another alien form?

If you take Jumpertrix is Vilgax the crazy super powered version from later on, or the relatively weaker version he starts the series as?

As a Plumber can your free Partner be an imported Companion? I've already filled out my companion roster.

My opponents can only ever be as worthy as I make them, and since I only use jumpchain as a means of forgetting my complete lack of power and success in real life, they never amount to much.

Really, the idea of anything posing a meaningful threat to a self-insert protagonist is fundamentally ridiculous.

Ah, just a reference to a mildly known novel. "A Desert Called Peace". Quite... Opinionated, work.

>Nyarlathotep

Well, this one needs no introduction. The Crawling Chaos, the Black Pharoah, the Soul and Messenger of the Outer Gods took a malevolent interest in my adventures scant decades into my journey. I hate to admit it-without my endless yet futile emnity I'd have never done half the things I ended up doing.

...which turned out to be the point. As after literal millions of years it finally told me to my face: It NEEDED a worthy opponent. Apparently being the only sentient being among a bunch of almighty idiot gods creates levels of boredom unimaginable to the mortal mind. Finding a human who DIDN'T instantly go mad from eldritch knowledge intrigued it enough to see if it could finally reshape another in its' own image. The brief truce we made to prevent Azathoth's awakening was the turning point where it started thinking of me as...kin.

And then I responded with a heartfelt punch to the face

Because if I achieve one thing post-Spark, it will be killing the cosmic stain that ruined my life.

>Niardi-Chara

Sometimes, nemeses work together. Niardi was just your standard power-mad eldritch biologist-empress until she fell into an overloaded metastasis event. There, Orikan taught her the ways of Necron science as he did many others in the hopes of avenging his own death. She escaped a civil war between my OTHER enemies-into a version of Undertale.

Where Chara stuck to her like glue.

I'm still not exactly sure what her body count was before our battle in Blame!. Or if she'll ever come back from being dimension-shunted into the Blind Eternities.

>Lucifer

One of the few recurring opponents I've nothing against. Pretty cool uncle I've some strong philosophical differences with. Enjoys pointing out how much more fractitious and divisive the forces of Law are compared to those of Chaos. Also, playing the fiddle ever since I introduced him to a certain folksong.

I scout companions solely based on people I genuinely think stand to gain something from joining me. I tend to get involved in a lot of high-stakes cataclysms, so inconvenient homesickness or disorganised rebellion tends to be problematic.

Certain patterns do tend to recur, though. No matter what anyone says, the fact so many of them are bodacious babes has more to do with bodacious babes just happening to have the personality/quantum makeup/spiritual energy/concepts I find appealing in so many worlds for some reason, rather than the other way around.

Also-the mythological god, the Primarch, the wrestler or the Stargate villain?

all but Three, one of them Was,Originally Pokémon,another was a mysterious being, another was a God-computer.
The second law of thermodynamics,Man's inhumanity to man, economics, I could go on

What are your favorite alt-forms JC? Why do you like them the most?

forgot your trip, banchô?

... A wheezing, Saitama, and a Motherbox. I'm ashamed that even if your text to speech didn't mess up your grammar I could still tell it's you...

I don't like to play favorites.

Yes I did, I don't know how that happened....
look I don't know what happened,it might have something to do with how it was posting on another board.

Who's the redhead sitting next to Shep?

Shepard. The guy is Kaidan Alenko.

There is no redhead next to Shep, what are you talking about? She's right there in the middle between Kaiden and EDI.

Shit, you're right. My bad for posting before coffee.

FemShep is worse Shep, but best waifu.

What is the best house/building that follows you jump to jump and can retain all upgrades and layout changes? I need an impressive and customizable base.

which version of dc is occult in again? Would fanwanking it to be dcau be acceptable?

Either the House of Mystery or the Teen Titans base one, depending on your needs.

Ar Tonelico Jump has the song tower
the house of Mystery is a person not a place

Considering they're making a JLD animated movie, probably not.

No. It's a weird mix of post-Crisis and post-Flashpoint. It can't be DCAU, since it references many things that don't exist in that continuity.

*probably.

Not probably not.

Ask CJ though when you see him next.

(OP)
>Peace was never an option
best line delivery from best trailer ever?
youtu.be/kyQKi5-k0UU?t=141

I prefer the island from The Incredibles. It's a secret base and an island resort rolled into one, and all my companions can hang out there even if they're not currently active.

Nomanisan Island is awesome.

Not the one you buy.

I may just be crazy, but, didn't there used to be a Yuki Yuna jump?

I've never seen it, no.

Did you maybe mistake one of the Madoka jumps for it?

Maybe but I could have swore that I saw it on the drive sometime last year.

No?

read it again,it says it's a replica, not that it isn't a living, thinking thing.

It's also not a companion.

When it comes to drawbacks that change your personality, how do you play that off? Do you see no difference in yourself and see how your acting as normal or are “you” locked in your body forced to watch this mockery that has been forced onto you?

I can't speak for the creator but for question 2 you can probably make the upgrades stay, so long as you have some way of leaving the mass you use behind. You could probably also do what ship does, it is just a GM after all so I don't see why you couldn't.

Also I'd assume you get the starter Vilgax and he jumps amps up like he does in the actual show. After all if he didn't he'd just wreck Ben for his Omnitrix first and considering that he saves the universe about 4 times you'd be fucked if he did.

I see it as similar to a background. I'm still fundamentally "me," but with a different set of experiences flavoring my personality. Except that these ones are imposed by fiat, which means I can't overcome them with perks or willpower.

So, I've got a plan for my time in Exalted. It involves Ultimate Darkness Internalization in Infernals, to get access to the Shadowlands and Labyrinth Circles of Necromancy.

Then I need to murder the Scarlet Empress, and bury her in her (already constructed) giant tomb with her panoply.

Then I need to murder her ghost (who may or may not be made into a Terrestrial Deathlord if I take too long), and steal the Gravegood version of her Mantle.

Now that I've got the Mantle of Soot, I can access Void Circle Necromancy... Which includes Calling the Black Sun.

With that set up, I need to start exploding (or throwing into the Void) Monstrances, and killing Abyssals... using the Spell to bind them to new Monstrances (the needed material components are trivially easy to get for an Infernal, and with Essence 7+ I don't need the Neverborn's permission for the spell to work anymore)

Taking no continuity drawbacks for Exalted jumps, I can now already farm both Dragon-Blooded and Sidereals for Abyssal exaltations (can't do it Infernals quite yet, since I need to raise my essence before I can use the spell.)

Now what do I do with a supply of world-killing soul-superweapons? And, would it be a good idea to convert some back to Solar Exaltations (less control, but more useful)?

I'm not arguing that it's a companion, I'm arguing that the Incredibly inhabited Pseudo-TARDIS is not a place.

It's just a shift in my personality, I still see it as being me. I usually know that it's just because of the drawback, and other different circumstances I'd be thinking differently. But when I'm depressed I know it's just because of imbalances in my brain chemistry, and I'd act differently under other circumstances, but that doesn't keep me from acting that way. I've got a rather fluid sense of identity, anyway, some different personality traits aren't going to get me down.

Yes, it is. It's just a being, too. Something can be both a place and a creature.

Well, to start, you could stop being part of the cancer that is killing /jc/. Your focus on just what power a setting can give you is the worst part of this community. "I have a plan to ignore everything interesting about this world and treat it just as something to steal goodies from" is so incredibly boring I don't know how you felt justified in telling us about it.

>If you take Freaked Out and don’t have an Omnitrix does that mean you have to be an Ectonurite? What happens if you’ve already picked another alien form?
Not sure about the rest, but I asked about this before.

You are an Ectonurite for the jump, but you can still buy another alien form. After the jump you get both the Ectonurite and whatever other alien you bought as alt-forms.

it's mobile,it's intelligent. places usually don't move. It's like saying "in the car" is a specific place when it can Move around.

Places can move. Places move all the time. It's not my fault if you're not paying attention to it. The Earth is a place, and it's constantly moving.

How would you get the Mantle of Soot from the Scarlet Empress's grave goods? She doesn't have the Mantle of Brigid.

by that logic being stationary is impossible since the whole universe is expanding at the speed of light, you are either twisting things to fit your argument or being purposefully pedantic.

I just thought becoming a pseudo-Deathlord was neat.

Besides, I'm fully expecting whoever is exalted by these to go rogue sooner or later. Which should be fun.

She does have the Mantle of Brigid though?

At least, White/Black Treatise says it's often rumored to be amongst her panoply. While her write-up in Return of the Scarlet Empress flat-out confirms that she has the Mantle.

Depends on the specific drawback, really-but unless it explicitly goes "you got a new personality in your head" I generally play it like being on drugs. Or a hormonal teenager. I'm still me, but I have these wild mood swings that make me apathetic or obsessive or make me want to grow a moustache to twiddle.

>Labyrinth Circles of Necromancy

Man...I'm all for exploiting forbidden magic for fun & profit but necromancy's EDGY. Just. So pointlessly, self-defeatingly edgy the Deldar would accuse practitioners of poor taste.

>giant tomb murder burial

I'm presuming you also fight through her honor guard, which may or may not include Infernal Exalt and Ebby himself as well as the usual army of demons?

>Mantle of Soot

Huh. Is that a thing it turns into in one of the possible RotSE bad futures?

>killing Abyssals and binding the exaltations to new Monstrances

Neato.

>Now what do I do with a supply of world-killing soul-superweapons?

The Neverborn are singlemindedly focused on killing everything ever. Consequently, the Abyssal Exaltations are /literally/ just Solar Exaltations refluffed to be as edgy as possible. Their Limit-equivalent kills things around them. Their Virtue flaws are about the metaphorical "death" of Virtue. And the worst part is, their combat Charms aren't even noticeably better than Solars' other than more applicable Agg damage, and being Creatures of Death means standing anywhere that ISN'T a Shadowland in Creation fucks their shit up gud.

They are designed solely to kill worlds and souls at the expense of being significantly less focused at everything else Solars can do.

I...guess you could throw a bitchin' halloween party?

>Solar Exaltations?

I can't believe I'm saying this but-yes. Yes, from any sane tactical standpoint there is no reason not to.

Besides, while you're deep in the Ebon Dragon's Charms you might as well dig up how the Great Curse was made to improve it as an alternate means of control.

No, I'm really not. A "place" is just a large object that is stationary relative to you. It can move, but so long as it's carrying you with it in its inertial reference frame, it's still a place.

>stationary relative to you

and yet here I am arguing that cince its mobile it's not a place and hear you are arguing

>At least, White/Black Treatise says it's often rumored to be amongst her panoply. While her write-up in Return of the Scarlet Empress flat-out confirms that she has the Mantle.
Hmm, so it does. I had missed that in her entry. Doesn't mean she has it pre-Scarlet Bride, though, Like you said, just Black and White Treatises is just rumors that she had it. Perhaps the Yozi had it and gave it to her, they're the ones who made it in the first place. Or at least, it's heavily hinted that they did.

Do you move with it when you're inside or on it? If so, it's a place.

>I just thought becoming a pseudo-Deathlord was neat.
No, it's boring, and you're boring for bringing it up. Liked\ I said, I really don't understand how you're able to raise this as a topic of conversation without cringing back from it. Normal humans are conditioned not to talk about their incredibly boring ideas for fear of offending others. This is bancho-tier shit, user.

Oh fuck off. People will talk about what they enjoy, you autistic little shit.

Well, there's Red all the way back from Pokemon. Between Champ in the Making and my strangely encyclopedic knowledge about Pokemon in general, I trounced pretty much everybody I came across, including most Final Four and Regional Pokemon Champs without breaking a sweat. But Red, man, his Pokemon were just on an entirely different level. Their utter tenacity, sheer power, and willingness to push through pain because of their love for him was absolutely awe inspiring.

In four years of Pokemon battling, he was the only one to beat me. I challenged him the once, shook his hand when I lost, laughed, and swapped hats with him. It still sits on my desk in the Warehouse.

It's a pretty decent mix, roughly half were and half weren't. My preferences are more rooted in their personality than in the physical form, though I generally have a tendency to recruit non-humans. Most seem more capable of dealing with the long-term stresses that come with Jumping better than ordinary humans.

I still like Rakshasa from Dungeons and Dragons. It comes with a boost to Sorcerer spellcasting, a very respectable Damage Resistance, and a Spell Resistance matched only by a few of the more exotic Dragons. Besides that, the Outsider Hit Dice is an absolutely fantastic one, even if the skill list leaves something to be desired. The intimidation factor is also a fun aspect to it. People see a massive tiger-person tossing around magic like they've got it to spare and pants start turning brown.

I don't take those. I'm worried that the change to my personality would become permanent, given how much of a dick my Coordinator is.

And they are bad for enjoying it. Just like you are bad for encouraging them.

so you're saying a howdah Is a place? I want you to understand that that is what you're saying.

As opposed to what, waifus? Because I sure don't see you chewing out the waifufags

If it's large enough, yes. The size needed for something to change from "vehicle" to "place" is admittedly rather fuzzy, but I figure that if you can walk at least twenty times your own body length through it, it counts as a place.

Better to be bad than be as pathetic as you.

>STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE.
>WAAAAAAH

See that? That's you. That's literally you bawling about other people's discussions.

Jesus, the salt dude. Were you not here for the Fateposting? Infeel like I'm watching someone try to argue water into not being wet.

Who is Spacial Warping from Xmen based on? Is it twisty warping or just size/distance?

There aren't any waifufags on right now. Once people start talking about it, I'll chew them out, too.

>STOP POINTING OUT WHAT EMPTY LIVES WE LIVE
>WAAAAAAAH

No, I skipped out for the Fateposting. That was so awful I couldn't even stick around to yell at those pathetic chucklefucks. I fired off a few parting shots and then got out while I still could, before it consumed my brain.

It an OC power I think, and size/distance far as I know

>If it's large enough, yes. The size needed for something to change from "vehicle" to "place" is admittedly rather fuzzy, but I figure that if you can walk at least twenty times your own body length through it, it counts as a place.

>Pokemon trainers are just as shit as they are in the game
I choose to believe that that's just a game mechanics thing, and that "real" trainers are actually much better. Like, enough so that those people who make it their career and train 10 hours a day are the only ones who can really keep up at higher league levels.

>Man...I'm all for exploiting forbidden magic for fun & profit but necromancy's EDGY.
Well, yeah.

But it does have a few spells which are damn useful (though many less than proper sorcery).

Also, with this I don't actually have to go through the whole initiation thing, since I'm using Ebby charms to cheat myself into it.

>I'm presuming you also fight through her honor guard, which may or may not include Infernal Exalt and Ebby himself as well as the usual army of demons?
Yes. That's going to be the extremely hard part.

And then comes the part where I have to fight through her less-ridiculous, but still sorta buff armies of Effigies and whatever else she's buried with.

>Huh. Is that a thing it turns into in one of the possible RotSE bad futures?
It's mention in Black Treatise, as the Gravegood version of the Mantle of Brigid.

>I...guess you could throw a bitchin' halloween party?
Hm. Well, that's not actually a bad idea.

Seems kind of inefficient, but also cool. So, yeah.

>I can't believe I'm saying this but-yes. Yes, from any sane tactical standpoint there is no reason not to.
Well, there is the whole "affecting them through the Monstrance" thing to keep them under control? Which is kinda nice.

Turning them into Solars would just turn them loose in whatever jump I did it... Though that could also be hilarious to do to an unsuspecting world.

>Besides, while you're deep in the Ebon Dragon's Charms you might as well dig up how the Great Curse was made to improve it as an alternate means of control.
Not sure if that would work again. Also, it's kinda stated they needed to die for real to empower that Curse, which seems a little much to get a tiny bit of control.

Hm. I guess it's possible they gave it to her.

Doesn't really explain the mentions of her being such a powerful sorceress then though.

But anyway, since I'm probably going after her in Infernals, she's likely got her Scarlet Bride stuff anyhow.

Fate's a lost cause, user. No one's ever going to go to that for anything other than power and waifus. Exalted at least has adventures to go on.

Well okay, so long as you're hating everyone equally.

I actually can't bring myself to be annoyed at you, just because of how self-defeating you're being. Do you really think you can force some people over the internet to do what you want by throwing a fit at them?

Do you not realise that maybe people would do what you want if you yourself gave an example of how fun whatever you'd rather talk about can be?

I know what an empty life I lead, user. I just think yours is worse for whining about how I'm spending it.

>fun
>/jc/

Pick one. And only one.

Of course I realize it. But I'm a horribly broken and empty human being myself. I get mad because I have some dim hope that maybe this place will be an escape from it, full of people coming up with fun and clever ideas for adventures that I could never do on my own. But they don't. They just regurgitate the same old boring pap, and leave me to confront how empty my own life is. Someone please kill me. I tried to do it myself but they stopped me before I could. God, it's so empty inside. Sometimes I worry I wouldn't even notice if I died, that there wouldn't be any change. It's never going to get better and I'm always going to be like this and there's no escape because it's born from inside me. You can't run from something that's inside your own head!

No, don't worry. I know I'm worse.

I honestly would have preferred that, but my experience seemed to be more closely related to the game. People commonly wandered around with just one or two half-trained Pokemon and challenged me without even looking to see how many Pokeballs I was carrying. Gym Leaders commonly had three or four Pokemon and didn't even try to get inventive or plan around their type-disadvantage at all. Even the serious trainers on the various Victory Roads only had four, maybe five. At least they were a decent fight, but not what I would call a challenge.

I got a strong, "It's more about the journey, than the destination.", vibes from the whole affair. That's why I retired to Pokemon Breeding after that battle with Red. Even then, I still became known as the "Uncrowned King" somehow and had people showing up to challenge me about three times a day. I didn't even give out badges or anything! I gave the occasional Egg to the really good ones, but that was about it.

Do we have a smite jump?

Hey, I'll have you know I enjoyed a very sporting go-kart race wih the King of Heroes in Carnival Phantasm! And have some fond memories serving iced tea to a couple TYPEs who dropped by my cafe one afternoon.

I was thinking less relying only on the Curse+, and more studying its' sorcerous mechanics, buffing it wih some out of jump stuff and using all he resources of Malfeas to design a control mechniams like the Monstrance that can control regular Solar Exaltations, maybe based on Lytek's cabinet if you have a chance to drop by Yu-Shan. It's definitely be a massive undertaking but it seems worth it to field superweapons that don't just ruin everything indiscriminately.

Unless you go for the halloween party. Gotta admit, Solar aesthetics just aren't suited at all to being spooky. They're too...bright.

yes

All/both human.

Don't really have a preference, just worked out like that. They tend not to stay fully human for long.

no

Yeah... I don't feel comfortable wanking I can do something on the level of the Monstrances to otherwise unaltered Exaltations. I'm guessing the Monstrances/Lilun really only work because they're corrupted Neverborn/Yozi versions.

I mean, I guess there's the Jade Prison, but that required most of the Five-Score Fellowship, and IIRC has been mentioned to be non-repeatable.

Halloween party seems good to go though.

Probably gonna go with a blood and bone theme for my Devil Tiger to match up. Kinda like Jheel-Khan, He Whose Laughter Turns The Sky To Blood, but moreso.

Maybe.

Which in itself is a reference to a classic quote the book completely misses the point of.

Can you repeat the question?

True. But these days, people know Kratman more than they know Tacitus. More's the pity.

youtube.com/watch?v=x5Za8HggalY

Nah. Kratman's not that successful.

I do believe that's the point.

I'm saying Tacitus is more widely known. There are more roman history buffs and latinophones than there are Kratman readers.

You're not trying hard enough to have an adventure if you think Fate/ is boring

A question for the Tokyo ghoul jump. would taking 'Genuinely Nice' lessen the effects of the drawback 'Blank Will'?

Can someone post the smite jump?

Fair enough. I figured the Jade Prison proved the things CAN be blindsided with enough infrastructure and manpower, while Lytek's cabinet proves sufficiently advanced Essence engineering can give program them to a great extent. And the Chimerism that necessitated Lunar tattoos shows a sustained onslaught of metaphysical forces can outright damage them assuming the Exalts can't maintain something like Chaos-Repelling Pattern indefinitely. But at the same time they're some of the buffest things in the setting, and the corrupted versions definitely seem much more easier to direct.

Well, at least until they start evolving and adapting. I recall one of the writers said even Abyssals were eventually supposed to become something more Void-y than the Deathlords themselves.

If I didn't know you were into Necromancy, I'd have thought of Cemunian, the Constellation of Sinew and Flesh.

Hey Cats, have you given any more thought to that Age of Mythology update you mentioned ages ago?