Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Have you ever played a chicken? Was the character a cute chicken? The cutest chicken?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65518/a-fluffy-fairy-tale-2-electric-boogaloo
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4531748/a-note-on-lewds
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/63673/pathfinder-adventure-path-rise-of-the-runelords
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/56544/pathfinder-adventure-path-strange-aeons
youtube.com/watch?v=Ygcff7xaZfk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have any of your characters used harlot sweets?

Like an actual chicken from the farm, or a coward? Because the latter is pretty common for my characters! The former has only happened from my Chosen One Paladin, whose familiar was a rooster from the coop that started talking to her and told her to go out killing demons for Erastil.

This image triggered me.

I eat chicken, I don't play chicken. Too many lives lost playing chicken.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame

New (lewd) campaign, better sign up now.

>Have you ever played a chicken?
No, but the topic of Chicken Infested came up with my group just a few minutes ago.

Let's talk about Healer's Handbook a bit more. Take a look at Unconquerable Resolve, which is a combat feat that grants you Temp HP and scales with your total HD. It wouldn't be particularly effective, but how dumb would a Samurai 1/Fighter 19 be that took all of his feats as Unconquerable Resolve just so he could get 400 Temp HP as an immediate action when he's brought to 0 HP?

Why does everything have to be 'lewd'. God fucking dammit. I don't want watch fat neckbeards go 'tee hee I tripped and showed my panties' or want to hear about their fucking fetishes. Jesus fucking christ why can't we have a game that isn't either 'lewd' or fucking offal anime shitposting.

Start one, user.

It's one shitposter that doesn't read the posts in each actual game, and only reads "Mature Content: Yes" and assumes it fully.

Try this?
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65518/a-fluffy-fairy-tale-2-electric-boogaloo

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4531748/a-note-on-lewds

It's lewd.

Start one or shut your mouth

Fuck that, fuck furries, fuck the 'comfy' meme, fuck anime, fuck lewd. God fucking dammit.

Be indignant about being the misfit all you want, it's not going to change what /pfg/ does.

>Combat Vigor

What's that?

POTENTIAL of lewd. If you actually read it, or visit the IRC like a smart person, the GM's explained it better.

>tfw I joined a lewd campaign and have no intention of doing anything lewd beyond minor flirtation with some NPCs

I don't want to fucking run a game I want to fucking play. I already fun a fucking game.

I honestly can't see myself joining a lewd campaign. I'd like to play in a serious, non-lewd one but my apps never get picked. It's depressing, to say the least.

I was surprised I was picked. But most people are not really doing lewd so I am okay with it.

I would still app. Especially to one where it says lewds are optional or side room. Cause that just means you can do it if you want outside of the main session and you dont have to be a part of that.

user, if you don't want anything of that in your game, come here:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/63673/pathfinder-adventure-path-rise-of-the-runelords

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/63673/pathfinder-adventure-path-rise-of-the-runelords
I would, but their games occur while I am at work.

Which game where you picked for?

I do still app. But I'm being more selective these days.

The first HV game. We have 3 sessions and so far the lewdist thing was a topless halfling we pretty much killed

Why does it disappear when I try to open it?

what APs people like usually?

You might need to keep it open for a second to let it load.

Oh? That still going, by chance? What do you think of the cast of the second HV game?

APs I have played:
>Rise of the Runelords
>Curse of the Crimson Throne
>Second Darkness
>Council of Thieves
>Kingmaker
>Carrion Crown
>Jade Regent
>Skull and Shackles
>Shattered Star
>Reign of Winter
>Wrath of the Righteous
>Iron Gods
>Giant Slayer
>Hell's Rebels
>Hell's Vengeance

I played them nearly in order so it's been a long time since I played some, but if I had to rate my top 5 in terms of story it'd be:

>Iron Gods
>Curse of the Crimson Throne
>Reign of Winter
>Shattered Star
>Council of Thieves

And the 5 worst written:
>Giant Slayer
>Skull & Shackles
>King Maker
>Carrion Crown
>Hell's Rebels

Strengths of Top 5:
>Iron Gods
A real sense of adventure and unique experience in golarion. The enemy actually feels frightening and oppressive, and you interact with a very unique setting in golarion. The story itself is one that I have to say is absolutely fantastic, especially for the entire last arc with the divinity drive.

>CotCT
Well written urban adventure with an interesting cast of characters. Suffers from a few plot holes that can be fixed with little effort however.

>Reign of Winter
Another sort of High Adventure game which had a very strange and entertaining second half.

>Shattered Star
Best villain

>Council of Thieves
Another urban romp. People bash it because of apparent lack of stakes. I agree that that stakes aren't high, but I don't find it an issue. It's high personal stakes low wider impact, sort of the difference between Jojo Part 3 and 4.

I was too down my character was passed over in favor of a double caster gestalt.

Giantslayer and Hell's Rebels really that bad?
I get Skulls, Carrion Crown and Kingmaker

Now, just for giggles.

Strengths of the worst 5 and weaknesses of the top 5.

How do you feel about Second Darkness? I hardly ever hear people talk about it.

Giantslayer has good encounter design. I just don't like the story.

Have the characters for the PbP RotJR been picked yet? If so who got in?

Solidly average

>heal Con mod d6 per day
What a pile of shit.

So recently I've been having my paladin use both Bloodsap and Harlot Sweets.

My GM says that using drugs is immoral.

I'm confused on this. My characters makes the narcotics himself, not purchases them from someone. Why would they be any more immoral than alcohol? I haven't taken a vow to not take narcotics.

Hell I'm a Cayden Cailean paladin.

Well, the GM did say he wanted a full caster for the last slot.

Hey, we both got passed over though. Something to drink to, eh?

All of them.

>tfw I made a full caster witch who was all about support/healing/debuffing

Gin?

wait
how the fuck are you cayden paladin anyway
or are you just lip service faithful

The problem with Shattered Star is that it shoehorns lovecraftnian elements in one of its chapters and really feels out of place for that.
Still, is great fun for veteran dungeon crawlers.

NANI?!

The GM to start out relaxed the Paladin's alignment requirements to be NG/LG/LN. I'm a NG paladin of Cayden Cailean.

I'm a beer and Maker's Mark guy myself, but sure. Cheers. To the next game.

Which ones applied?

Nico - Ossana - Takaonna - Beriaden - Shanna
Amandia - Omza - Shoarn - Kyler - Essie - Shizuka

It's going to be an 11 PC campaign? Oh my.

It's going to be a 5 PC campaign and a 6 PC campaign.

Two different games, like the original.

O-oh! Well congratulations to everyone else for getting in!

My Strange Aeons campaign needs a new player since one had to bow out by work schedule reasons.
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/56544/pathfinder-adventure-path-strange-aeons

I also plan to GM Iron Gods again, Reign of Winter or Shattered Shuriken on Sundays. I need feedback to see which one is more demanded before making my decision.

EU GAME?
IS THIS REAL LIFE?

Aaaand game's dead due to scheduling and life. Crap, that sucks.

I might be able to apply. What's the times?

I also need a player for my Rise of the Runelords campaign:

19:30 Greenwich Meridian.

>there are going to be four instances of this game going at the same time
Memes and shit aside, does anyone else think it's going to see interesting how drastically(or not) things work out?

Why are there chickens in Avistan? Chickens would have come from Tian Xia and, unlike China with Europe, there aren't any quality trade routes between the continents.

Red junglefowl don't exist in Golarion.

You are wrong. Since the Land of the Mammoth Lords is a thing chickens would had been evolved from the dinos that dwell in that place.

Magic.

Because Chickens didn't necessarily come from !Asia in Golarion.

because Paizo cannot into history, logistics, setting consistency, world building, research, or effort.
Then again, they are SJW, so such is to be expected of them

What book are you all currently on in strange aeons?

First one. About the start the third chapter.

That isn't how evolution works!

Ah never mind I just checked. The game is while I am working.

How depressing.

I'm excited to see how the teams develop!

Which team do you think will have the most memorable encounters? Be the lewdest? Fall apart? Get through the AP quick?

>Veeky Forums
>doing anything besides fail
Katawa Shoujo was a fluke. An exception to the rule. All four parties will fail. Some more spectacularly then others, but none will finish.

I just want them to last long enough for Seht and Onryou to end up married

Guessing the PbP groups will probably fall apart the quickest. Normal PbPs are already pretty prone to death, and running tabletop through it has never worked out well in my experience.

it's not about reaching the end, it's about the journey. Or some bullshit like that, I don't know, I just want to actually play the game and have a grand ol' time with some fellow faggots. I don't much care about meme potential, since Onryou is where the thread's obsessions will be focused.

The best campaigns have always been voiced.

>yfw they end up married to separate NPCs but still date on the side, secretly

>tfw no mic

>batum-tish

Naturally. Voice is faster and helps the game go smoother.
That's not even a huge problem as long as at least most of the players have voice. Just have to make sure that everyone takes those that need to type into consideration.

I find that text emotes are mostly used, even with voice.

Voice for OOC stuff and text for IC stuff is my preferred method.

Voice only works with extroverts and the like. Not everyone has good mics/range of voices.

Nah, HR isn't that bad: the first three books( PARTICULARLY the second, holy shit) need a bit of rewriting, but I find the last 3 books pretty cool, and the first three still have several cool moments and ideas, if a bit underdeveloped.
It's a nice urban campaign that requires some work to be great, so the advice I can give is that unless your players really like the sneakyness and organization building (of which the first has to be edited in, mind you) to just go with Curse for urban goodness.

Giantslayer, from what I've heard, is just really plain, and if you want something more classical you are better served by going with Rise of the Runelords or Shattered Star.

Verba volant. Scripta manent.

Help /pfg/, I have one hour to figure out how to make a royal ball interesting in some way for my players. The job is a hit on the head of some noble house (the hostess actually), so they're at least going there with a purpose, but if it takes a long time, there are probably going to be a handful of players waiting around for like an hour for the the rogue or bard to get it done.

>, from what I've heard, is just really plain
Wasn't that the intent since people were complaining the AP's were too "out there" with Iron Gods and Reign.

Make dancing into refluffed combat rules.

the lewdest i want to get is with a "slightly" unhinged wizard that is completely convinced the best way to take over the world is with monster/human hybrids... conceived from his loins and his whole reason for joining his companions is to find, capture and breed various none human species. species such as minotaurs, medusi, lamia (snake and lion), and others till he finds the perfect mix to body swap into and rule the world. think the ocd scientist from one-punch man just way more lewd

>2 hours of bored faces later
>pull the curtain down and reveal that they've actually been playing a wild bar-room brawl for the entire night

This sounds so fucking familiar. The "run around bedding a bunch of shit" so you can breed the perfect body for yourself.

Put in some nobles that share interests with the rest of the party so that they may chat in the meanwhile or something. Or some that may serve as future contacts/allies.

That's going to be at least in Book 5 of Jade Regent, user.

>Rise of the Runelords
I don't recall that in AD&D there was any module with a serial killer or a redneck cannibal family. Not even in Ravenloft.

There's a good idea!

Royal balls live or die on your ability to roleplay courtiers and guests that can hold conversations with each party member.

That's because modules in AD&D and modules in Pf had different design philosophy not to mention were made with very different settings and assumptions in mind.

Redneck family of cannibals ogres doesn't even SOUND out of place in an AD&D module.

eh its more or less for lewds, though the minotaur was inspired by the user who bought a female minotaur without realizing they are sentient beings (he thought they were instinct driven butchers without independent thought) and convinced a bunch orphans to slap her on the ass when she pissed him off... it did not go well

>murderhobos
>holding a conversation with anything
Better just have some NPCs lock the doors to the ball room and play youtube.com/watch?v=Ygcff7xaZfk

As much as I want to see the all characters involved (in both team 1 & A) get their happy ending (via finished story or a decent drop point), the likelihood of it Getting that far is up in the air.