Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Gladiator Edition:

Have you successfully had a gladiator game /pfg/? Did you use victory points or performance combat?

>FRIENDLY REMINDER: If you need help with a build or character creation, mention what 1st and 3rd-party sources you're allowed! You can't complain if we offer Path of War or Spheres of Power if you never said that you were limited to 1st-party, after all!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67490/fookin-sky-pirates
youtube.com/watch?v=9NZDwZbyDus
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> Pathfinder always has degenerate fetish pics in the OP
Really jogging my noggin.

i see nothing degenerate here.

:thinking:

> fucking L cups
> not degenerate

Can you even imagine how much tit that girl has.

One tit is bigger than three heads. Three.

Don't forget

>tiny head
>huge feet
>smallish hands

That's why she's in show buisness

Not a fan of the picture, but at least the topic's alright and you waited until page 8.

Real question though, what the hell is Performance Combat even used for? Like, it seems fairly pointless.

I can't believe it, why hasn't /pfg/ made a gladiator campaign yet?

Instant combat, PvP, macho attitudes, extravagant outfits and wild raunchy action between other gladiators or gladiators and managers!

I want to be a well known gladiator and do lewd things with my wealthy sponsor's bratty daughter.

Personally? I love PvP and have a fun time whenever I have PvP games with buddies.

Most of /pfg/ however hates PvP conceptually. Mostly because it encourages optimization and most of /pfg/ can't actually build good characters.

>big boobs are degenerate

Pedo spotted. that is a hyper fetishist's art though

You sound like an asshole who's awful to play with.

Same here, I absolutely adore PvP and relish both victory and defeat alike. I'd happy get involved in some PvP gladiatorial games if it was available.

I'm stating the truth. Last time a PvP game was suggested people responded with "but I'm a good roleplayer". Really, if the game is PvP then optimization and mechanics are important. It's part of the Stormwind fallacy as a whole.

PvP is "if you can't stand the heat get of the kitchen" gameplay. You don't seem like you could stand the heat.

You just seem like the type of person who shits on people for having fun the way they want to. Just an observation.

Have fun how you want to. If you join in a PvP game don't expect to win if the way you have fun is making mechanically weak characters. In a PvP game I have fun my optimizing characters and winning PvP.

You're not entitled to winning matches in PvP anymore than I am.

Isn't PvP when personality and roleplay matters the most? It's what determines a dead character or a character with friends.

Personally, I love playing the friendly mentor type that intentionally and subtly eggs on the edgelord until there's a confrontation.

naw, i like big, just not bigger than like, a G or so. literal beachballs is nope.

>Isn't PvP when personality and roleplay matters the most? It's what determines a dead character or a character with friends.
It does, but mechanics are also important.

What I am saying is that in a PvP game no one is entitled to win. If you make a mechanically weak character then you should not expect to win much.

Yar, ye scurvy dogs.

Ifn ye wish ta scour the skies as a sky-pirate, feel free to apply here: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67490/fookin-sky-pirates

Not 1v1 Arena PvP, unless friends is defined as extra bodies you can control. Now when a co-op game devolves into PvP, being an entertaining character is mad helpful.

Man, pirate campaigns always seemed neat in theory, but I'm just so bad at the murdering that the worst I can manage is a naval Robin Hood.

The main benefit of Megumin aftercare is butt groping. Chest is just a side bonus.

I don't know why I like the Paramour class so much. I guess I just love love too much.

You're a slut, user. A filthy shameless slut.

Even sluts want to be loved...

A slut with no one to be his Heartbound Partner, at that.

I actually would like to do some sort of mass arena/tournament thing with /pfg/. I have a small campaign slot set aside for little ideas here and there. Bracket tier stuff, have entire seasons for it.

>Summoner with high wisdom and intelligence
>I am last player trying to enter tower ~70ft away, blocked by enormous two-headed wolf monster thing we cannot kill, that I definitely cannot sneak past due to positioning, and have no time to summon my Eidolon perhaps as a distraction (we haven't even entered combat technically)
>Ask DM if I can use my knowledge of Planes to detect what kind of realm we are in based on this monster
>A dream world, another plane of reality
>Wolf monster has noted it is a loyal servant of a master of madness, which created said monster
>...
>"I'd like to roll a wisdom check to ask it why, if it is a creature of pure Madness, it predictably serves a master?"
>nat20
>"Monster counts as Dazed. Both heads are momentarily stunned and look at each other wide-eyed and grimacing. "
>Next turn DM-controlled NPC going before me sneaks towards the door, getting much closer to the monster than I am
>Cast Light on NPC
>Monster immediately jumps him for the turn
>Walk close enough to the entrance that somebody with a chain hooks me and pulls me into the tower

Wait when the fuck did this happen

The OVA, which has been firmly non-canon since Season 2.

DHB would probably win while playing a FUCKING FIGHTER.

Last time a PvP game was suggested it was "Hey, see that game that's already started? We should make full autismo builds to PvP vs these people who weren't focusing on PvP."

I want to make a PCP character now!

>Last time a PvP game was suggested it was "Hey, see that game that's already started? We should make full autismo builds to PvP vs these people who weren't focusing on PvP."
Last PvP game that was suggested was a FSN theme'd one suggested by DHB.

Oh, forgot about that one. IIRC the problem there was balancing issues with the Noble Phantasms, not a dislike for PvP.

The issue was DHB was planning on having the game center around his Unchained Mythic system, but is too busy making his other campaign to finish a draft of Unchained Mythic.

>unchained mythic
What?

which is unfortunate, because darkness is boobs.

Y'know what? I might look into this one a bit. High flying hue pirate nonsense sounds like it could be fun.

Have a conceptual retake of Andy in the mean time

Forrest!

So, quick concern when it comes to the Fey pact avowed and Fetch/Mirror Ball/anything dealing with simulacrum.
Are you going to finally please oh please be the one who defines what is needed to make a simulacrum?
> First hand knowledge, hearsay, medical examination, a bit of hair etc like fetch specifies, storing an imprint somehow
If you can or can't add templates, make up creatures whole cloth that could exist or you just read about?
>I've met a half dragon, and a level 8 fighter, so why can't I make a half dragon level 4 fighter? Oh and I saw a half fiend the other day so throw that on, and you know fighters exist past level 8 so why not make him cap out my HD limit by creating a theoretical hero? Maybe I should try to make one of Hercules
How much if anything they know from their original?
>My simulacrum of the king know all their defenses and dirty secrets. The wizard simulacrum knows all the spells for scribing and was totally an artificer type.
Will it still take a dedicated magical lab and material components to repair one?
>Why bother when a half-troll has regenerate?

And so on.
Please don't get me wrong, I really really really love the idea and the use of the spell, but damn it needs a whole page or two of clarifications and errata....

There is so much more to Darkness than her boobs!

>dat hip-to-waist
>them freckles
yum

>Paramour class
Which book is that in now?

Would you draw the party if you got in?

You know, that's one of the most original designs you've shown, Elsbeth-user! Tell us about this character!

So I've posted this before, but I want some more feedback on this homebrew setting.

>17th century (maybe 18-19th century technology after accounting for magic)
>Empire vs Alliance of City States
>Phezzan-like 3rd party arbitrator potentially pulling some strings
>City-states surrounded by large untamed wilderness
>Untamed wilderness has MonHun monsters
>Mass transit between Cities via magitech trains or something to avoid the big ass monsters
>Empire is HRE/Prussian themed, Noblesse Oblige
>Empire has more tech and is generally more advanced
>Alliance has big heroes from all the monster hunting
>Crusades will probably happen.
>PCs could be from PMCs from arbitrator country, or it could just all be between different city-states
>Or PCs could be an elite task force from either Empire or Alliance
>Land ownership possibilities as either alliance city state govenors or as citizens within empire
>Migration of people between empire and alliance might be an interesting point to look into
>Mass Combat if the subsystem didn't suck, or if I could find a better replacement
>Empire would probably be good, if not a bit ruthless, and may have a Titans/A-Laws elite force a la Gundam
>Alliance would have corruption, but bring forth democracy and social mobility.
>Empire has a Megaman Zero/MGR:Revengance set of four generals, with one being a bit of a Char Aznable clone.
>Recurring themes of democracy/autocracy, the purpose of war, and the RULES OF NATURE

THICC
H
I
C
C

If someone in your group wanted to adapt it, would you allow them to play a Rainbow Servant?

If so, what would need to be changed?

Those thighs are disgusting.

Like, those are the thighs I'd see on a woman at Wal-Mart.

I don't get it, you drew a hippo with serious thyroid problems....

We have reached the stage of abstract art metatrolling.

Would you be a piece of shit for charging your players 5 dollars a session?

Ay, link that comm page, drawfag

Unless it's into a pool for food, yes you would.

You might still find players, mind you, but expect them to be the king of people nobody would play with for free.

Yes, because the sessions probably aren't worth $5.

Unless that's your way of getting them to chip in for a very expensive pizza, yes.

If they're paying $5 a session just for you to GM then yes and you're a sociopath for even needing to ask that question.

>When your black blade is actually your mother

really stimulates my senses

Is it possible to walk the path of explosions if I'm gestalting as an exposed vigilante magical girl? At level 7?

Anything is possible, but that's if my tiny attention span manages to stick through and I get an application in, much less getting accepted.

Andrea (Last name pending forever)
Human
LE
5'9
She was originally conceived as a Rogue build for range, but like Elsbeth originally, the game she was in went to crap and the potential of a character went to waste. Under occasional revision, Andy was more and more geared towards a Megaman Legends-styled campaign a friend had in mind; her arm was blown off by a failing airship engine, but she didn't bleed to death due to hot shrapnel and metal cauterizing the majority of the wound before it was eventually replaced with a prosthetic that yes, folds into a Buster Gun. She's coy, greedy, calculating, and relentless. For her brand of LE, I think of TF2's Meet the Sniper youtube.com/watch?v=9NZDwZbyDus

As for her aforementioned primary weapon, she would have a pilebunker as a 'Special Weapon', great for Digging through the collapsed tunnels and falls walls as well as the guardians that may be lurking behind them.

>captain Barbados slim
So this campaign is ending with a limbo competition.

>Explosions
>On a ship

Why

explosions on the OTHER ship!

fishing
ship-to-ship warfare
emergency propulsion

If you want to walk the path of explosions you really need sop, venician casting will not cut it unless you talk your gm into letting you play black mage.

EXPLAIN

>every 2nd or 3rd thread
>always

Gestalt Avowed, probably fire elemental pact, invest in Aether Blast.
Done.

without it, the character woudn't even be a sapient being

Hey /pfg/ wondering if you could help me out.
Is there a list or something of mystery-themed adventure modules? So far I've only pulled Hangman's Noose and Tinderbox (A 3.5 module).

Sphere Sorcerer with Primal Bloodline of your preferred element/Elementalist or Full Sphere Caster of your Choice

Its applejack shuger cube

If you're giving them their 5 dollars worth out of the session, whether through food, props, etc, then no. But you're probably not doing that, so yes, you're a piece of shit.

>performance combat

Has literally anyone ever actually used that?

Where do I find exposed vigilante?

>aeithr blast
>explosion
More like warm breeze lol

I honestly can't imagine it'd be used in any game that isn't specifically about it.

Though that does give me an idea for an all-unarmed pro wrestling campaign.

Legendary vigilantes. It's in the mega.

You don't like a 20-50 wide blast of d8 per level, possibly doubled and/or with status effects at will?

How much of a barrier do you think something like an accent or a lot of slang terms would put between people in a world like Golarion where there's supposed to be a near-universal common tongue?

I'm thinking of writing a backstory that kind of hinges on such a clash, and I'm waffling on whether to make it a matter of cultural barriers or just the fact that my character couldn't even speak much Common at the time.

Thanks.

Compared to what other classes can be doing explosion wise, no. 40ish damage maybe 60 or 80 3 times a day by level 9 is pathetic.

Especially when resistances, saves, and SR all start coming in to play. Yeah. It's kinda weak-sauce compared to what I could be doing as a Psionic, Vancian, or Sphere blaster.

Avowed is for gishing if you're gonna try to do combat with it.

Looks like it came in its own splatbook as part of the Spheres of Lost Power. I'm not sure if it's a stand alone or just one out a selection.

Holy shit, senpai. One day I want weird fantasy, the next day I'm brainstorming rules for projectile-based technological firearms and scaling grenade replicators. I have to clue what I actually want to play, only what I don't want to play.

What don't you want to play?

>freckles

D'awww.

Paizo-only, high-level, level 1, vancian casters, normal firearms rules, low point-buy, and more!

I have done this in the past, but only for the following reasons:
>it was money pooled for food, people found it easier to hand me money and let me buy/make food than bring things themselves
>it was a pool used for game materials (most often minis, dice, books, etc.). I have done this for APs in the past. This was when I ran a college TTRPG club and materials were put into the club inventory
>payed for a rented public space, we gamed in a local community center and there was a small fee to use the rooms

I will be honest I am unsure if this makes me a piece of shit. Though to my credit if I knew folks had a hard time affording things I would foot the bill.

Still waiting on Onryou and Elsbeth in a boob against boob stare down.

>when your character is actually the black blade

No, those are qualifiers that make you not a piece of shit. Congratulations DHB.

Those are reasonable, as you are not profiteering.

That gets reinvested back into the group so its not as bad.

I'd be cool with Onryou and the spoder personally.

Because onesided contests are fun when it comes to boobs.

>Elsbeth is 5'2", Onryou is 6'2"

Either Elsbeth gets a step ladder or its gonna end up like pic related.

S O O N

Wrapping up a project this evening. If I manage to finish it up fast enough, maybe I can get something done. Who knows?