Warhammer 40k General

Shut the fuck up about gender marines edition.

>THIS IS THE ROSTER CREATOR ASK FOR IT PLEASE
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>(DEAD) Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Up to date FAQs
warhammer-community.com/2017/01/20/faqs-for-every-codex-live-now/
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Traces of COCAAAAAINE discovered after recent break-in. No suspects as of yet)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_AvuYAOJi8M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Dark Eldar! Long live the Dark City!

Hell yes! Long love the Commorites!

See, this is how it should be.

Nth for the God-Emperor of Mankind.

Also, nice picture, OP. It's nice to have a classic around again.

2nd for 'my army'!

That's an old OP.

It's time for WHAT ARMY DO YOU GUYS PLAY/ tg/?
Post the army you would describe yourself as playing most. Pics optional, bur recommended.

We demand Astartes gender parity!

When Vect the big boss man himself becomes playable again, what's your wishlist for his kit?

Thought experiment, how would you try to fix weaker codexes and units if the only thing you are able to adjust are points costs (of anything, including the base cost per model, the cost of options, and the cost of gear/relics)

I used tank shock to knock a squad of ork boyz off of an objective, into charge range of my terminators.

It made me feel like a tactical genius.

Dark Eldar. I'm surprised theres so many who play DEldar on here! Or maybe it's me and one other guy... :(

>ultrafaggot

Thanks Donald Trump!

Been playing them since 4th edition.

The army's first and only D weapon...Why the FUCK isn't the Void Mine one?

My camera shit itself to death in a violent display of technological gore, so I have no pictues to provide, but I play Guard.

I'm actually just getting back into 40k after a long hiatus that started mid 5th edition, no bully

>tfw WS3 I3 A2
>on the super speed melee walker

No pics of them right this instant (WIP) but I'm playing a pretty filthy Eldar/Dark Eldar list. I own enough points to play either independently but in celebration of the impending merger I'm running them together.

What are you working on Veeky Forums? Got any games planned? Played any games recently?

And to perhaps generate some constructive discussion, in opposition to that abomination of a previous thread: what do you want for you're armies (not faction, army) Primarch equivalent, and what would you like to see your army do in the "gathering storm"?

Who here uses terrain and fortifications in their games?

If you do use them, what do you use?

I personally use two Imperial Bunkers, a Firestorm Redoubt, two Defense Emplacements, two sets of Walls, and a Vengeance Battery, in varying combinations depending on the game. It makes my Chaos Marines significantly harder to kill, especially when you place Havocs in the forts with Autocannons and use the lines to bolster Noise Marines.

[laughing dreadnoughts]

What does everyone think of stormcast marine conversions? I think they make good Blood Angels.

Price everything in the Tau and Eldar codexes reasonably for their effectiveness. Decrease the cost on the effective units in weaker codexes. Stop giving people free units and models for formations. Etc etc etc.

I want to use one to convert into Silas Alberac, but I feel they're still too short.

40k shit on Amazon is always overpriced, WaffleAnon.

They're very clean from an angles perspective, so they make good Blood Angels and even Grey Knights, but work poorly for Salamanders, Iron Hands, etc. which use a lot more detail and are blockier.

Khorne Daemonkin.

>tfw Daemon of Khorne does nothing for Maulerfiends
>Furious Charge is wasted on S10
>Hatred (Slaanesh) is only useful against Slaaneshi daemons
Why is it that it seems like Mark of Khorne would be better on Daemons of Khorne?

>since 4th
>still has unpainted sisters

not a fan, the scale tabards and non-bell-bottom greaves just don't do it for me

youtube.com/watch?v=_AvuYAOJi8M
I've watched this trailer about 20 times. Theres just something about it. Maybe it's my love for the Eldar, the music and the models all mixing but I don''t know. I fucking love this trailer.

We're here user, we just suffer in silence because Orks and 'nids arguably have it worse than us.

r8 please

1850 Renegades of Vraks/Chaos Space Marines

Renegade Command Squad:
Ordnance Tyrant with Covenant of Nurgle: 85

35 Plague Zombies: 105
35 Plague Zombies: 105
4 Field Artillery: quad launchers, +8 extra crew: 144

3 Heavy Ordnance Battery: earthshakers, militia training, +6 extra crew: 193

3 Leman Russ Exterminators: militia training, multi-melta sponsons: 450
3 Rapier Laser Destroyers: militia training, +3 extra crew: 79
3 Rapier Laser Destroyers: militia training, +3 extra crew: 79

Fortifications: Skyshield Landing Pad: 75

Chaos Lord on bike: Lightning claw, Powerfist, MoN, Blight grenades, Sigil of Corruption: 170

5 Chaos Marines: MoN, Plasma gun, rhino: 140

7 Chaos Bikers: MoN, Combi-melta, 2 meltaguns: 222

At least Maulerfiends can move faster than you.

>just put my Grey Knights up for sale
>they were my first army
>imperial agents did nothing for them and that was my last hope
>they are just so bad and I haven't played them in sixth months
>every time I get ready for a game of 40k I always find myself reaching for my guard instead of my GKs
>the models are badass and the lore is cool but I'd rather have an army that is better supported, has more viable units, and brings me joy to play

Anyone else have feels bad stories of giving up on their army?

Let's take a tally. Post your something from your DE no matter how unpainted they are.

Pic is my Grotesque conversions that I still need to paint.

You say that as if it's supposed to have the Weapon Skill of a Dreadnought or Deff Dread or something.

My models are all at home but am I really the only guardfag in this thread?

>did I forget today was the scheduled wyvern fapping session or something?

I3 means they'd be able to kill it before it could strike anyways.

Ork player here, best I ever went against Deldar was when I blew up about 80% of the dudes transports first turn, the rest of my shooting proceeded to do almost nothing for the entire game, even his succubus tied up my warboss because of that melee invuln shit and I know succubus are one of the worst hq choices for them.

His basic infantry destroyed my boyz at range and then in combat, his incubus destroyed my meganobs as well as his succubus.

It's not that Orks are worse than everything, it's just that the people writing the codex forgot they were BS2 and I2

user, if you love them, keep with them!

Things might be terrible now, but they'll come a time when the meta changes and you may regret giving them up.

Unless you have to like, pay for a house or college or something.

Wish I could downsize my photos to show you. For some reason they're always 4mb+

>not just taking off their heads and making them a homebrew chapter to be used for any MEQ army
user you've failed me. Above all, you failed yourself.

>drop pods exist
>chaos 'noughts can even teleport in
[continued laughing]

They make pretty cool Grey Knight Terminators.

Pic related is my WIP
OOP Female hereticus inquisitor with Force Staff
Munitorium Priest with Mace of Valaan
And a Canoness with Sister of Silence's long sword and arm shield, because why not.

>Waffle-user
More like cheese eating surrendering monkey-user
I know about prices but I have a 150€ amazon gift card to spend (untill 2025 but yeah...)

My phone pictures are huge, too, but I send mine through Discord, DL them to my PC and in paint resize them.

But Maulerfiends are Daemons, so they can teleport, too?

>frog terminator heads
Nooooo

Succubi actually aren't bad, its just that Deldar are usually a bad choice to play close combat wise so they don't get a lot of play.

That's rough though. I've gone up against some mean Ork lists in my time, but almost all of them had a juicy center of bikes that are hard for the Deldar to ignore.

If you play Dark Eldar right against low tier armies, a good player can have an answer for most everything that isn't bullshit, and given how your tranports went up in smoke I'd wager it was a bad way for your dudes.

What do you run, user?

can they? I thought it just gave them the 5+ save and weakness to stuff that blows up daemons.

Good idea. I want to show you one of the poses I did for one of my Kabalite warriors

What's your favorite kind of cheese?

Inquisition, but really mostly Guard.

Daemon gives Fear, Deep Strike, and a 5++.

Khorne Daemonkin Maulerfiends have Daemon of Khorne, which gives the afore-mentioned stuff as well as Furious Charge and Hatred (Slaanesh) for about 20 extra points, iirc.

This does nothing for them because Maulerfiends have 2 power fists and are S6 base.

>Deep Strike

Not anymore.

In this order:
Roquefort
Riptides
Bleu d'Auvergne
Conté (12 months old)
Camembert/Brie

>my home brew army of 10 marines and 5 termies

I don't really like where Vanilla marines (or any marines in that case) are at really

I waited a year after I decided I totally didn't like them, the army count is just so retardedly small no matter what since each unit is a psyker with a power sword, they're just gonna be done like thousand sons when they do get updates

I'm gonna keep a the codex, a squad of termies, a dreadknight, and draigo just in case they just become amazing in 8th

But right now I would just prefer to have an army I actually find joy in playing instead of waiting and hoping as they collect dust on my shelf

Former 'Nid player here. Nids never recovered from the gutting that they received with the 5th ed codex. The 4e 'Nid dex is objectively one of the best and most balanced codices ever written. Having 1 viable list and 1 cheese list does not a fun army make. Not sure where they're at right now because I stopped paying attention in early 6e to spare myself the heart-ache.

The succubus is one of the best options because she actually does something and does it for a reasonable price.

Archon costs a shit ton of points if you give him any equipment and he's still kinda shitty.
Haemonculi just mills about uselessly.

They haven't gotten better, flyrant spam is still the only viable tryhard list, I honestly feel bad when I play a nid player, and I'm playing guard

Boom. My Kabalite warrior pose

>crying about letting go 15 minis
>crying about model count at low point games
News flash, GK are literal shit at low point games

user come on, don't do that.

It fucking works yes

>playing an army only because they're powerful and dropping them when they become shit
You started playing in 5th, didn't you?

Have they gotten a 7e codex yet? Or are we just waiting for Age of Teh Emprah at this point?

Anyone? First time ever making a list with the new Renegades

I still love Maulerfiends.

GW, pls buff

>brie
I like you.

Uploading them to imgur and then resaving them usually fixes that.

Nice. Almost like he got caught off guard and is acting like he didn't. Going smaller on the image size doesn't hurt either. I reduce mine to like 60% of the file size.

News flash, GK are literal shit at all point levels.

It hurts, user...

>no whiz
>no jalapeno cheese spread
>no cheddar (mild)

I'll try to re-size it

You don't get it do you user? That's how many marines I had at 1850

But yeah that's one reason I don't feel bad about flipping them, rebuilding my army will be pretty fast and cheap

Nice try but no, Started about a year and a half ago

GKs were shit when I started them, but I played them anyways, despite loosing 90% of all games I plays, I just really didn't enjoy having like 5 units on the board and being way more limited in options than almost every army out there, they are just so inefficient and rely on one or two dice rolls to decide the game

Trust me I tried to make them work, I tried to play them and ignore how shitty they were, but finally I was like fuck it because guard is 100Xs more fun even when I loose

Damn, it didn't re-size

I play Orks and Deathwatch.

The FAQ makes me want to sell both.

I'll probably keep Orks, since they're at least fun to model and paint.

Yeah it did. It's 717kb down form 1.96 MB

>giving up on their army

Giving up is for pussies and fags, dont be a heretic and sell your army, be a real Imperial man and tough it the fuck up.

I've played Black Templars through thin and thinner and all we got as an 'update' was a force organization chart in an edition where thats outdated and you bet your candy ass Im gonna use the shit out of that thing.

Stormcasts can also look pretty good as Minotaurs.

Deathwatch are bad?

> industrial cheeses made of plastic
> no glorious dick smell when you open your fridge
I pity you, user

Does anyone else get physically I'll when they see 2 of the 3 people at the beginning of the Warhammer Community page?
I'm all for who ever playing GW games, but Christ. The one chick grins like a fucking horse and the other is such a land whale I could tell at first she was a fucking she

that is pretty nice

>this triggered by the appearances of some fairly normal people
Here's your (You).

>can't take shotgun + bolter anymore, and don't have access to bolt pistols. So no assaulting unless you give up all shooting
>paying for a special weapon means you have to ditch the bolter, which means you're paying points for special ammo you're not using
>can't take dedicated transports anymore
>Beacon no longer works as written. Is now just an overpriced locator beacon.

Space wolves
Crimson Fists
Deathwatch/Inquisition
Orks

Jesus, my friend swears by them, and said he'd wreck me and my DEldar with them. He's probably right ;-;

I was running a blitz brigade with a cad of ork boyz, some lootas and a meganob + Painboy + Warboss squad

>this is normal
Do you happen to live in the United States?

That's actually kinda baller.

The problem with Tau is not that Tau is actually a stronger codex than Eldar, Marines, or Daemons.

The problem with Tau is that it's very, very, very easy to build a very strong casual-stomping without trying very hard. All Eldar lists are strong, but in order to go fucking insane with Eldar you need to do a very specific build. The same thing is true with Marines and Daemons.

With Tau all you have to do is buy like three fucking units (often considered the "cool units" of the codex) and bam, you're smashing shit left right and center, so there are a lot more of these Tau players stomping a lot more faces who claim they did nothing wrong.

I just want some guardswomen

where did you get the custom models?

Well you made a meme Draigo list and it fell flat on it's face.. It happens. Iron Hands makes good use of terminators but I know you said you aren't interested in marines.

user, I know you don't leave the house much, but people don't look like your animes.

First observation is that I don't like Basilisks, and you realistically have only one troop choice that's going to be moving anywhere quickly, and it doesn't have Objective Secured.

If it was my army, I might pick up some Vets or Disciples in a Chimera. Slap Carapace armor on them.