>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O96ScQVcKgc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone remember what the object is that is a door to an infinite plane but time is like super fast there? I cant remember what it is from.

Jumpers!
What's the biggest responsibility you've ever assumed?

It's an SCP item, but I don't remember the number. 2400 I think?

Alright, so. With the start of the year having settled in, a lot of my old non-/jc/ things have started back up and I still have unsatisfied RL responsibilities I've either been incapable of fulfilling or putting off out of laziness. This means a lot of stuff I'm involved in is picking up momentum and I can't binge as much time and energy on Jumpchain as I used to, plus my motivation and writing muse has been drifting elsewhere.

So, Kamen Rider Ryuki, whether it comes out as a gauntlet or a jump, I've passed to KamenJumper and the Disgaea DLC is unlikely to be finished anytime soon, or at all. I've changed my mind plenty of times before so this isn't set in stone, but I have a lot less time and energy to namefag or make jumps now, so I'll be a bit scarce from this point on. I'll still be lurking and heckling from time to time, though.

This isn't really goodbye, so I won't make a big speech or anything. I've had a lot of fun here and I'm glad I could make it entertaining for the lot of yall. Hopefully, I'll get the chance to again in the near future.

Thanks.

>having a real life
TRAITOR
;(

I enjoy your presence here so I hope you'll come back in full force someday. Best of luck with this "real life" thing.

How big of a boost is A Practical Guide to Evil’s SORCERY?

Good luck with this "Real Life" you speak of Heavens. Try not to blow up the moon

Companions! What's it like living with jumper? Do you reign in their insanity, or encourage it?

Thank you, Heavens. It's been a blast having you so much here.

I'm doing a chain based around physical strength. Can someone clear something up about Dragon Ball for me?

I know people blow up planets with energy blasts and such, but what's the actual physical strength in terms of lifting power like at the top tiers?

Like literally a mountain at one point. It seems ki is a big part of everything. Sure they can blow up a planet but lifting seems somehow harder than manipulating energy, it is almost an anti xianxia in that way.

Bodacious Babes

Have a good one bro

Bodacious Babes.

Thanks for all the work, Heavens. Don't be a stranger.

It's really boring really

GLORY TO THE GODDESS

Godspeed, Moons Layer.

I'm not sure if any numbers are given for the actual series. In a filler episode Goku is training with weights that combined equal 40 tons, and in Multiverse Bra's clothing is stated to weigh several tons and is considered good exercise. From displayed feats, however, we see them tear through rock and steel and the like as if it were nothing. Using a quick and likely flawed calculation, we see Goku lift a block of Katchin which the wiki states as being 27 meters cubed. Assuming it has the same density as iron it would have a weight of over 200 metric tons, and considering it's the hardest substance in their universe it is likely much denser. However, considering the inconsistencies of how power is displayed in the series I think it's fair to say an actual estimate of strength in Dragon Ball is unlikely.

I have been reading Dragon Ball Multiverse.

This might be interesting.

Fool! If you go now, you won't be here when Jump-chan comes for us!

It's pretty decent, yeah. I binge-read it after the jump got released too.

>decent
I have had a very different reaction to it after binge reading.

>However, considering the inconsistencies of how power is displayed in the series I think it's fair to say an actual estimate of strength in Dragon Ball is unlikely.
Or, to put it in simple terms... Power levels are bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=O96ScQVcKgc
Shine on you crazy, moon exploding bastard. We'll still be here when you have time.

So far? People were silly enough to put the fate of the world in my hands during both Avatar TLA and Korra the Barbarian. I did my best. I didn't do well enough in either case.

>Raven
"He's always forcing me to build some new arcane device or ritual for him and I constantly have to remind him that common sense is a thing he should apply to problems before whipping out the firearms. I mean, honestly, blood feuds do not need to be declared over a pizza being delivered upside down. Still, I love the goofball and wouldn't rather be anywhere else."

>Frisk
"It's never boring. I try to let him be himself, but sometimes he needs... a nudge in the right direction.

>Muffet
"Darling, I bake~ I don't get involved in the shenanigans of the day~ Still, his pranks are so much fun to help with~ That time with the flour in Raven's bedroll was priceless~ Ahuhuhuhu!"

>Rip Van Winkle
"Der Gebieter iz zo much fun to be around! Every day iz an adventure and zere iz alwayz zomething interezting on hiz mind. Of courze I encourage hiz zpecial brand of madnezz. It iz the only time he letz me c͉̟͇͈̩̬u̺̥t̥̖̲̖͢ ̪͇̟̬̮̤͝l͇̼̥̲͎o͎̖̗̩̟͈͘o͍͍z͏͇̥͖͇̺̟̮e͈̬̱͉̜̙!̸ͅ"

That was an interesting thought experiment. Thank you user.

>very different reaction
Of a "worse", or "better" variety?

>I know people blow up planets with energy blasts
Not until the Buu saga unless you count anime filler. Freeza uses a technique that specifically fucks Namek's core to make it explode in ""5 minutes"" but that's different than literally blowing planets away with sheer power

Roshi blowing up the moon was because DB was silly. You weren't mean to take it seriously. Likely, it was the quickest way Toriyama could think of to asspull the Ozaru away

Worse. The majority of the fights were rather boring and all of the side characters who aren't total planet busters are skimmed over and contribute nothing despite having what would otherwise have been interesting abilities.

...Welcome to Dragon Ball?

Oh, and it's also because Roshi was supposed to be literally the world's strongest man in DB, a legendary, unmatched martial arts master. The 139 power level didn't come until DBZ. Before that Roshi was intended to be extremely strong. He wasn't outclassed until power creep started kicking in and GOD showed up to train Goku

There is a DBZ Multiverse jump?

>X is non-canon even though it happened multiple times, because I say so.
I'm sure Piccolo blowing up the moon casually is also non-canon.

Yeah, Val made it, just came out two days ago.

Does Feastmaster from Mount & Blade boost cooking skill?

Toriyama has recently said in an interview that Roshi is only as strong as he wants to be when asked why Roshi kicked so much ass in Revival of F

Okay, tell me how many times someone blew up planets before the Buu saga so I can tell you what is filler and what wasn't even blowing up planets

But Multiverse is like watching DBZ filler in manga form. The fights suck, the enemies don't put up any good fights, the fights last like 3 pages each, there's no comedy to be found despite including gag characters, and it doesn't feel like there's any buildup to anything.

But vegeta casually planets all the time.

I've seen some retarded posters, but this one takes the cake. Someone trying to argue DBZ is low power, and for what ends? Who can say? They're stupid either way.

I kinda liked it myself. Buu is cool there.

Really I can't find it on the drive

>Something has to be done more than once for it to be canon
>No it doesn't matter that it actually happened in the manga, it only happened once so it's non-canon.
You're that guy from months ago who argued Guns are non-canon to Naruto because they only showed up early on aren't you?

Not until the Buu saga. That episode in the Saiyan saga was filler

It's not done.

Really the problem is this: Toriyama's having fun. He's just slinging silly shit around and punctuating it with fights. This leads to things like the Ginyu Force, Hercule, Fat Buu, the parapara dance, a massively powerful death god who is also a cat, and Vegeta going to an amusement park with his wife and kid. He doesn't take this shit nearly as seriously as the fans do. He's just giving people what they want and having fun with it along the way.
Power levels are bullshit because why the fuck wouldn't they be this whole thing is silly

You get a very special type of autist here sometimes. Personally I think he's from some vs. battles forum, those places love using that kind of retard logic over settings/characters.

Phonepostan

I've been around for a minute, Heavens. I came over from General to see the train wreck, and mostly stayed user for a minute. From those early user-only times, where I mostly shitposted, as is my right as a native Kekistani, until my current incarnation as a jump maker I've seen a lot of folk come and go.

The point is, Heavens, you're one of the good ones. I've enjoyed your jumps, I've enjoyed talking shop, and I've just enjoyed your company. We go where we go, and we do what we want, so I hope you get what you need. If you make it back this way, and if you do there'll be a spot for you.

Later mang.

Super Buu? He was interesting for a while, then they cut him out and he hasn't really come back yet.

But it still happened.

Multiverse is okay, you can tell that the guys that do it love the material but it does have some issues and it isn't the best DBZ fan project I've seen

It is cool to see the various alternate timelines though

That's not a gun, user. I don't know why you keep arguing it is.

What IS the best?

It didn't "happen once", it NEVER. FUCKING. HAPPENED before the Buu saga. It was filler.

If you're talking about filler: there's difference in knocking down a house over several minutes by damaging a load-bearing wall and pulverizing the whole fucking house with a bomb, which is what Vegeta did in that episode everyone quotes as proof that DBZ characters can destroy planets

>Vegeta going to an amusement park with his wife and kid
TBF that one is also character development. Vegeta had more CD than Goku ever did.

about Freeza*

>This low-res blob of pixels that vaguely resembles a gun, in a world where guns otherwise don't exist, has to be a gun!

Can you stop trying to pretend the setting is low power? You're not convincing anyone.

Toriyama included Bardock in the manga and made an official manga for him too. In Bardock, Frieza's death ball blows up Planet Vegeta instantly. The five minutes thing on Namek was part of a game he was playing with the saiyan, he wanted to kick Goku's ass.

Does anyone have a copy of the current version then

Don't reply multiple times.

I am not saying the setting is low power, I am saying the only instance of a character destroying a planet casually before the Buu saga was filler. Shit that wasn't in the manga and which Toriyama most likely had nothing to do with

He blows up Planet Vegeta instantly, in manga.

I thought the only reason ^people care the DBZ Multiverse Jump is avoiding the "you can only take DBZ as an endjump" bullshit.

I'm a decent housemate, even if you can tell I have enough luck and PTV perks to never need to have anything organized.

>*people care about

Are there any DB settings, fan or otherwise, that could be made into a jump? Any that I could read through in a week or so?

It's probably a tie betwee Messiahship and fatherhood.

See ya later, Heavens.

Believe it or not some people actually like the dbz setting. Im staying out of the above but I LOVE dbz. Now I can finally give yamcha a hug.

I just want to get into a consequence-free punch-up with Beerus. Which is why when I eventually take the jump I'm going Gauntlet mode. I get nothing from the jump other than the enjoyment of fighting people and testing my strength.

I haven't read dragon ball minus, but fair enough. Then you need to be at least as strong as Frieza to destroy a planet casually, which would still bar anyone in the first 3 sagas except for goku. Take in mind Toriyama was also sick of power levels by the time he was done with the Frieza saga

That's probably pretty accurate DBZ is a setting I'm sure a lot of anons love whether they want to admit it or not, The fact that you have to wait till the end of your chain to jump it kinda sucks

Anyone want to answer this?

Original Dragon Ball, probably? Back when the setting was martial arts and mythology, rather than power levels and aliens.

We already have a Dragonblood jump.

I meant something that doesn't intrude on the end jump

Haha

Not to be a dick but end jumos should not count. It's not like they actually do anything except end the fun.

I just want to see how much food a Saiyan can eat before passing out in a food coma, whether it's more or less than a god of destruction and whether the various super modes do anything to digestion.

For science.

As for myself, I simply don't fit in DBZ as a character, and my background was chosen on the basis of how ludicrously inappropriate I am to the setting as a concept.

I do, however, like some of the characters-especially those from the abridged series.

I think so, yeah. I mean logically a great feast wouldn't be great if the food was crap?

Dragonball AF by YoungJiji is pretty dope haven't read the AF by Toyable though
You could probably do a Xenoverse jump as well considering it's premise is different enough to constitute a separate setting

>something that doesn't intrude on the original endjump
Then I've got nothing. I'm not aware of any other fan projects like Multiverse that could be made into jumps.

How the hell are you strong enough to fight Beerus without the stuff from the jump?

>user makes a fanverse where everything is identicle except chichi made omelets for dinner.

Considering everyone treats punching and kicking people as viable attacks just like energy blasts? Probably on the same level.

No you can't. The end jump includes Xenoverse (and the original DB by the way)

I've been to hundreds of jumps, and have almost every "super mode" in the chain, along with my build being VERY heavily focused on "hand to hand combat". Also my gear, which is personally made magi-tech that has been modified and enhanced again and again and again.

I have NO fucking idea if I can even match Beerus at 10% power, but god damn it I wanna try. Just to see how far I've come.

I never got this. It's a Dragon Ball Z endjump, why not just use Dragon Ball Z? There's plenty of stuff to use there without using DB or Xenoverse.

I'm actually reading the Toyble one right now. Got a link to YoungJiji's?

A lot of jumpers build to survive. Regen, defense boosts, scaling defenses, growing powers, pretty much anything that makes them harder to kill. Add that in with some fighty perks and you can become pretty damn tough. For instance if a person has a way to avoid being 1 shotted plus the perk from generic virtual world that builds immunities plus some good regen it is possible to become borderline unkillable. You know, barring weirdness.

I love Dragon Ball. It's basically Shounen that doesn't try to take itself seriously. It knows exactly how stupid it is and it fucking revels in it. It's basically Silver Age comics without the comics code.

I'm not sure if this applies to anyone else, but with Saiyans at least there is a massive gulf between super form-mode and regular mode. Like, in regular mode near the beginning of the Super series Goku was dropped by a mook with a laser because he let his guard down. But in super mode, he can spar with Beerus up there. Namekians seem to have a similar thing going on, and with Frost Demons the issue seems more to be sustaining their most powerful form.

That's another reason why I'd rather be a Kai, actually. Unlike the organics, they seem to constantly be topped up with spirit energy mojo.

Justice could always coat his fists with wasabi and go for the eyes.

>Justice could always coat his fists with wasabi and go for the eyes.
>Wasabi
>Not Catnip
Come on Man of the Spiral, at least try to be clever.

>he doesn't know
Justice, Wasabi is spicy enough to cause BEERUS pain in-universe. Sure, it's supposed to be comical, but still. It made the God of Destruction tear up and destroy several planets by accident due to how spicy it is. So the Wasabi thing fits better.

Ah, but we've no proof that Beerus is cat enough to be affected by non-divine catnip at the moment! Whereas we've definite proof that Earthly wasabi can do terrible things to his tastebuds! It's not wise to gamble in a fisticuffs match, especially when one of the possible outcomes is a god of destruction tackling you and taking you home to cuddle.

So I'm reading Dragon Ball Multiverse right now and this happened.
>andinthiscornerwehavejumper.jpg

I'm aware, but hitting a cat with catnip amuses me.

I'm willing to gamble if it makes me laugh.

>hurr durr le funny jumpersue meme
Wow, user, you should be a comedian.

Here is my first go at making a Jump (Watch Dogs 2) I expect it needs a fair bit of work so have a look and let me know what you'd change/add/remove.

It's not like the "hurr Jumpers are evil" thing. I'm saying we're literally a self insert with the best powers and abilities from a hundred world who are a fusion of dozens of different species.

But that is from the comic. He is right.

>"hurr Jumpers are evil"

What's Watch Dogs?
Is there a Watch Dogs 1 jump?