Horus Heresy General - /hhg/

GW MkIII > FW MkIII, prove me wrong edition.

Heretic, I will fight you sub-edition.

Homo secks, aquilautism, Iron Warriors, Ultramarines tactical presentation, there's no millimeter like 6mm, Perturabo will never be a meme, pole vaulting, and many more crimes against humanity can be seen right here >INFERNO STUFF LOOK!
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Inferno Scan when?

Does a Thousand Sons Leviathan Dreadnought and Drestroyer squad seem a little weird to anyone besides me? They seem uncharacteristic for the legion.

TRUE SCALE MARINE WHEN ?
Literally the only thing stopping me from starting any imperium army.

>Made a squad of Breachers using the plastic MK III, tigrus bolters from B@C and boarding shield upgrade sets
... That's one unit I'm never gonna post picture of

Yeah TS should be about fielding mostly vanilla things and then have psychic power goodness.

But no doubt people are already working on armies that combine OP things like quad mortar spam and other things uncharacteristic for TS with psychic power cheese.

Were there Feudal planets during the heresy?

Good. If you're one of those people that always gets anal about the size of things there is no place for you in the Imperium

Okay, we get it, you need to try and stir up faux divisions between people in an attempt to legitimize your poorfagging.

The truth is. Forgeworld are better. Full stop. They look better, they're better sculpts, the details are clearer, there is more variety at the standard troop level (ACTUALLY CONTAINING RUNNING LEGS).

MkII is great, MkIII is great, MkIV is great, MkV is great. MkVI is great.

Forgeworld does ALL marks of armor better than GW. Simple. Simple as that. The final product is better.

Now, if you have trouble with the fine motor skills involved in washing it, trimming it, filing minor sprays and assembling resin. They what you could say is "FOR ME, plastic is easier to work with." So, "I feel that plastic MkIII is easier for me" is not a incorrect statement. It is an opinion with a valid, debatable point.

STOP trying to generate a discussion where you can hide behind other people picking up your slack so you can all hide behind a 15-30% price difference.

You're the type of people who bring three mono-pose contemptors and three boxnaughts onto a table because "I think they look better". You're the type of person who buys a tactical squad from GW for their Deathguard because "Mk VII existed in the heresie guiez".

Don't fake your opinions. FW are better at EVERYTHING outside of pure baby simplicity and interchangeability of kit among different races. If you need to fabricate an argument to make yourself feel better about saving a few quid, then maybe you can't afford 30K in the first place.

Pic related is literally the difference I feel between playing against a awesome army, even with plastic kitbashing, and a cheepskate proxy army painted in legion colors.

Yes. There were Knight worlds who are almost always Feudal Worlds. Caliban? Feudal world.

Is there decent advice for how to compose a Custodes list yet?

In 40k they're releasing enhanced Marines made by Guilliman, but they'll be useless for the HH because they're all wearing new Mk.IX armour.

Found this guy at the bottom of some of my older stuff. Think he can be salvaged for my Death Guard as perhaps a siege breaker?

There's super glue caked on his lower torso. If I let him soak in nail polish remover for a while that ought to soften it up to scrub off, right?

So where are all the photos about the Thousand Sons lore? How can I have any pudding if I don't eat my meat?

>Perturabo will never be a meme

You can't just force it. Asmodai will travel back in time and rape you if you do that.

Question, is it possible in fluff to combine MKIII torso, shoulder pads, and backpack with MKII helm, arms, and legs?

Asking here because new thread, best uses of a hellfire deredeo for Raven Guard? wanting to get one eventually for the looks (and because I like plasma)

Yes. Field repairs and limited supplies were a thing.

Sure.
Just says it's Mk.V

>best uses of a hellfire deredeo for Raven Guard?
Shoot the other guys

>Gaps and hols the size of grand canyons in parts
>Tanks that always need 2-3 packets of greenstuff to fill the gaps between pieces
>The occasional 3mm think moldline every 5 or so pieces
>Once in a while the resin absorbed the release agent and no matter what you do paint just falls off it

Oh yeah FW is sooo much better.

Bitch plz

>stupid rim around the head
>face plate looks like a cheap halloween mask
>skinny legs under some plate
>flared plates instead of abutted
>backpack riding high above the user's head

What people saw in these things to warrant all the jizz still boggles my mind.

>15-30% price difference
You are on drugs. Two 5 man resin kits cost what, £40-50? Without weapons either.

You can buy a sprue of the plastic marks for $30 easily.

Yes.
Kit resin often looks great and adds personalized payers to your army. Marines are facing almost a decade of war against enemies which, if not capable of killing and maiming them, can easily smash and destroy portions of armor. Contact with principle plate-manufactures (A limited number of Forge worlds and their Legion home planets) was often impossible. They interchanged sections of armor from all possible sources.

As often as you can, make shoulder-pads symmetrical (I.e, from the same mark). Use skinnier torso sections then legs, MkIII torsos only really look good on MkIII legs, but MkIV and everything else looks fine on all legs. MkIV helmets look sweet on all marks of armor bodies. MkIII backpacks look great on everything, so get as many as you can.

Source? I have seen this rumor several times and each time I read it it sounds more retarded.

>liking chicken leg marines

If you're talking about plastic MkIV, sure, but then, who thinks GW MkIV looks good? It's tactical marines with different heads. MkIII sprews are more expensive.

So buy the armor from FW and the plastic phobos bolters of Ebay? Done.

>each time I read it it sounds more retarded.

Why?
Gman already improved Marines once.

The codex is not an improvement.

Not a bad idea tbhfam.

Thanks

>Mk.IX armour
MKVIII would have made it believable, unless its the MKV-VI fiasco all over again

Yes it was. He corrected the physical and mental defects in the marine creation process.

Had a ZM overload yesterday, 2 tables, 5 dudes, all painted armies, mats and terrain, it was a blast!
also this is not what you want to see coming around a corner in ZM, fuck me ursarax chew marines up.

You have NEVER used significant amounts of Forgeworld. Three years ago, on some of the decade old casting cases, I might have agreed.

But if you think those things, you have NEVER used Forgeworld resources or customer service outside of a model you have brought from a friend, bootleg recasts or a single purchase a couple of years ago.

Did all of the Terran Iron Warriors die at Incaladion?

Pre-codex marines > post-codex marines.

Zone Mortalis

>MKVIII would have made it believable

Mk.VIII is for the Deathwatch.
Mk.IX is actually similar looking to the new Guilliman's armour, with the seam down the legs and a more articulated torso.

>He doesn't call FW customer service to fix faulty casts.
Ahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahha stupid chink market users are hilarious.

Pics or gtfo

Glad to be of help.

So let's open this can of worms again.

Tell me about the Recon Company RoW. I'm playing Alpha Legion and want to step beyond babby's first PotL. Recon seems fluffy, but I'm not sure if I need to take 3 Recon Squads or just 1.

Also, aside from giving extra wounds to Exodus, what are Recon squads even useful for if I'm not guiding artillery?

>Pre codex Marines
>Shlubs that die by the thousand all the time

>Post codex Marines
>Operators operating

How would you attempt a breakout in this situation?

Does anyone know what the new Orders of the 1kSons are?

Oh trust me, I have ordered from FW only recently, after B@C has been released. Have yet to recieve something where I do not have to send a mail because of trash quality parts or miscasts, the only exception being my Dynat model.

Had some good luck with both deployment rolls and seizing the initiative during this match, my Death Guard pretty much just bum rushed the defenders quarter and smashed through the defenses.
Matches were all 1250pts, book 3 ZM scenarios using the Combatant force orgs.

I never took pics.
If you don't believe that's fine, but you'll see eventually.

>but I'm not sure if I need to take 3 Recon Squads or just 1.
Tactical Squads are not compulsory, Assault Marines are not compulsory, Breachers are no compulsory.

Taking two troops without the support squad is compulsory.

Recon RoW names the Recons themselves as compulsory, thus you must take Recons.

>Also, aside from giving extra wounds to Exodus, what are Recon squads even useful for if I'm not guiding artillery?
Used to be good AT until the MB nerf. Not much now.

That they send you crap parts when you ordered. is just a fucking disgrace, specially with the prices they are asking. That they are kind enough to keep on sending you replacement parts (for which you gotta wait yet more time) does not excuse the fact they send you that warped abortion of a part in the first place.

Do you have any idea how busy they were around that period? The GW HH imitation cheese food product Mk 4 *tm* release meant a million people were ordering little things from them. They do not have vast wearhouses standing on stock like GW.

If you didn't take pictures, and have them send you replacements, then you're a dumb dumb and it's your own fault.

Kek

>wait until the sentry looks at pic of his family
That's very specific.

Speaking of resin marine autism: how the fuck am I supposed to cut that little nib out from underneath the torsos? Is there a good trick to shave a round cavity with a straight blade?

So, I'm curious, be patient with me here bros.
I wanna roll a 30k army. I'm patiently waiting for Inferno to come out. I ALSO have my 7e 40k rulebook. Do I also need the Age of Darkness and Crusade books too?
Also, anyone experienced playing their 30k army with a 40k army? Tweeking of certain items?

I'm practicing using Tamiya clear red for the Thousand Sons. This stuff is weird, I can't tell when it's dried and if it isn't dry it just peels off underneath my brush.

>complains about getting double the product for his money.
>can't manage to bend or fix resin
>Literally Zero modelling skill
lmao

Jackal, Ruin, Blind

Dude can you not boil a kettle?

Warped resin is the easiest thing to fix in the world.

2nd match up against Alpha Legion was even until I kill his dread, ambushed and surrounded a vet and tactical squad of his with some lucky outflank rolls and then my HQ and Deathshroud chewed up his HQ and termies.

You need the Age of Darkness book for standard army rules and the corresponding book which has your Legion's rules. Crusade books are outdated.

If you go Recon Company just take 3 min. size Recon Squads with no upgrades. It's pretty funny how they can infiltrate, scout foward and rapid fire pretty much any unit in the enemy deployment zone, but there is no reason for them to cost the same amount of points as Veteran Tacticals.

Wait an hour, dont glob it on either. Thin coats thinned with 91% iso

Never doubt the methods of the Legion of Ghosts.

So basically, Age of Darkness, 40k 7e, and Inferno essentially? When WOULD I need to use the Crusade book?

run back through the Mastodon but you're already dead.
How the hell do you blow up a Mastodon?

But then why specifically say that my third choice must be Recons?

If it worked like you say, that line has no meaning.

I need results though.

Never?

This is not the hobby for you.

You need the Crusade army books. You don't need the big black books. You need both red books.

You do NOT use 40k armies in 30k. Start from the ground up. I don't care if you already collect ultramarines.

Sorry, but if you want to role for a army, if you don't find an infatuation with a certain legion enough to let it be a dice role which one you want, and you don't care about the aesthetic....

This is NOT the game for you. Stick to 40k.

I saw that batrep. gorgeous IH, but that WE players list was pretty crunchy by comparison. I mean the guy took a mastadon, the madman. Should have had an extra 350 points for having the balls to do that.

And what do they do?

It's not double the product if the first half can't be used.

I'm talking about details submerged beneath a cancerous growth of resin warped, not a fucking bend gunbarrel or anything as simple as that.

>tfw FW resin apolegists assume everybody complaining has no idea what they're talking about

Who crawled up your asshole this morning?

It was pretty fucked from the get go when I saw that WE Leviathan and the DDP.

I don't think you understood what I meant.
I want to roll Thousand Sons. Not roll like, I'm rolling dice here to hopefully get it. Like, it's what I'm rolling. You know what I mean?

lmao

Ruin is the psybots, basically psychic ordo reductor

Jackal is spread throughout the 9 fellowships no idea what they do. Probably some elite combat element or advisors.

Blind is the not!alphalegion sneaky time space drifting ghost mages. Led by Amon, captain of the 9th fellowship.

>GW bootlickers assuming they were not a one in 100 miscast and too social awkward to call up customer services explaining their situation and wanting a replacement.

If it takes 3 or 4 days or get the part, why not spend that time doing all the super duper tricky bits like cleaning the parts which are fine?

With Amon and Hidden ones, Destroyer Squad doesn't seem that bad.

Also I can see TS poisoning their enemies because they didn't want to blow up their libraries or something.

Leviathan dreads are bit odd since they are monumental projects in cost which were developed in Terra. Considering how little communication seemed to happen on the dinner table between Magnus and Emps, Leviathan seem like an unshared secret... among other things.

The codex astartes was just an organizational restructuring. "Enhanced Marines" implies that they are physically distinct from normal space marines in regards to genetic engineering.

That sounds dumb. We don't need another class of super soldier. We already have Custodes, Thunder Warriors, Space Marines, and Primarchs.

So is an Achilles Land Raider but fuck you I love Achilles Land Raiders.

You can play the Thousand Sons with HH7: Inferno, the 7E Rulebook and the Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness books (which is in pdf format in the OP)...but the main HH books, especially HH1: Betrayal are sooooooooooooooooooooooo good. At least worth a read.

For Mechanicum and mortal allies, go to the Taghmata and Crusade Imperialis books.

Why the fuck do I have to take a dumbass Spartan if I want Terminator bodyguards for anyone important. I don't want a gay ass 300 vanilla as fuck point sink just to stroller my Primarch around

>FAMILY
>NECK
>STAB

It's not a hard concept.

>b-but Mr. Alpharius sir, what if he doesn't have a family?

What kind of self respecting operative does not pre-select his target 30 years in advance, undergo a sex change operation, seduce his target and grow him a family, so that he may be properly neck-stabbed at the correct place and time?

>"Enhanced Marines"
Alpharius confirmed for taking Gmans place and using the genetech he stole from Deliverance to make a new generation of not!raptors, and probably other alphariusii.

>What kind of self respecting operative does not pre-select his target 30 years in advance, undergo a sex change operation, seduce his target and grow him a family, so that he may be properly neck-stabbed at the correct place and time?
GAY!

then you can walk.

>Why the fuck do I have to take a dumbass Spartan if I want Terminator bodyguards

You don't. Land Raiders are usable unless you're trying to send in 11-13 termies into the enemy's face, at which point deep striking is a serviceable alternative.

>The codex astartes was just an organizational restructuring.

It also improved the Marines physically and mentally by improving the Marine creation process.

>"Enhanced Marines" implies that they are physically distinct from normal space marines in regards to genetic engineering.

The new ones are. Guilliman unlocks the potential in the gene-seed, similar to Mephiston.

>That sounds dumb. We don't need another class of super soldier.

They're not needed, but GW certainly wants them because it's a good excuse to put out some more Stormcast/Custode sized minis that every Marine player will end up buying.

Tere's also already precedence for such things in the fluff like the Cursed Founding and Corax creating the Raptors in Deliverance Lost.

Any other guardsmen have issues against daemons? What do about the ruthless assault phase?

>Gay

Effective.

The Kharybdis, another Heavy support 20 transport in fact recieved a points discount.

That's what I was originally looking for. Christ, people have such attitudes. I snagged the first three books and was torn between the Death Guard and Thousand Sons. But I like the tragedy behind the TS. So, I might be rolling as them. Plus, I like the idea of playing loyalist Thousand Sons. Bros that cannot return to the Imperium and basically serve mankind with whatever they can. Like Batman I suppose.

Think I should grab the Age of Darkness Legiones Astartes book or wait until there's an edition with the Thousand Sons?

Since when can 5 termies and a VIP fit in a 30k Land Raider? Who the fuck other than Imperial Fists termies deep strike?

I hadn't considered that, but with the redusced scatter and increased prevalence of terminators that is nasty.

on other notes, have this terminator squad I just finished doing poses/magnets on. still doing cleanup work so please no bully over mouldlines.

>Since when can 5 termies and a VIP fit in a 30k Land Raider?

Never, but a command squad can be 3-5 dudes - unless you're using your Legion snowflake termies instead, then no they can't be your bodyguards.

>Guilliman unlocks the potential in the gene-seed
UMs have now the potential to be further normies than they already were.
Wooooooooo!
Won't deny marine quality went up after the heresy, but that's simplye because they weren't mass producing it as before so the gene dfects weren't as apparent, and they still lost access to primarch geneseed to sustain high-rate recruitment in the first place.
Marines also were further trained to prevent treachery and such.

Metaphorical:
It's like claiming Ferrari quality went up after they switched to making cars one by one, without adding the main reason you did that was because the factory fucking burned down.

>I snagged the first three books and was torn between the Death Guard and Thousand Sons
Wow, they're pretty much polar opposites, user. That's nice.
>Think I should grab the Age of Darkness Legiones Astartes book or wait until there's an edition with the Thousand Sons?
Wait for now, but grab the pdf anyway.
It's still incomplete, several additional characters were added in HH6, as well as DA/WS/BA rurus.

And an example loadout from the bits displayed. Only thing not in the image is the banner I still have left to magnetize for use as a CS

also have some recon bolters I've been tinkering with, posting them shortly