Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/
Decent starting image edition!

What's your favorite 3pp/homebrew for a draconic race? Like "quarter-dragons."
Believe it or not, Paizo still isn't offering something for that. Why are they afraid to?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1116313
d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/improvisation-human/
d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/improved-improvisation-human/
paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedRaceGuide/coreRaces/humans.html
drive.google.com/file/d/0B0rOJKO2u66CMHVTSnNoMHRpSXM/view?usp=drivesdk
paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedClassGuide/classes/brawler.html
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/corsair/
d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/tripod-machine/corsair/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Have you ever used Werecreatures in your games?
Have your players or their characters been them?

What business ventures are suitable for long-living, but mistrusted, beings?

Prostituting, I'd like to say message/packet running but that'd probably be a lie. Fishing.

Banking.

Money lending.
Everyone will expect you to be a shark about it, so you start hard and then let them 'trick' you down to market rates.

Theatre

Funny fact:
Metallic dragons are the main owners of the major banks in Avistan.

I wish you could actually make the happy mask salesman with that one spell, what was it? Theft of visage or something?

Masks and custom artefacts crafting with GM

There's probably been like one writer focusing on Shelyn the whole time, and they just never got forced out because they literally love everyone too much to get any of the other devs triggered.

Are there railways?
How would the world change if the major cities were connected by railways?

>What's your favorite 3pp/homebrew for a draconic race?
The way I used to run it was that every sorcerer eventually had a dragon in their family tree. With the way bloodlines have come around I've had to put a lot of thought into changing that for my homebrew setting, or adding a metric fuck ton of other types of dragons to explain all the various bloodlines that are popping up.

Still putting it off to be honest, luckily none of my players have wanted to be a sorcerer lately.

Not at all. It would be another thing they just don't use due to fiat to keep the setting static, like all the magic that should already obviate the need for a railway at all.

So who else here is having First World problems?
I can't think of a good reason for most of my characters not to try and get in on the easy safety net of an eldest patron, particularly the paranoid or self centered ones.

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1116313

Where the hell is DHB getting that misc +19 to Bluff/Diplomacy/Intimidate from?

+3 Circlet of Persuasion, +6 Silver Tongue...

I can't think of a good reason not to play a wizard 100% of the time.

Murder on the Orient Express version Irrisen -> Cheliax

+6 luck bonus from Hoarded Luck, and another +4 to them from his 2 Skill Specialties.

I think he's got Social Talents that buff his skills more.

I'm more concerned about the huge bonus to Saving Throws coming from left field, though...

You might just be autistic. Do you find yourself wanting to avatarfag with Touhou?

Post Dragon princess race from Dragon game! !

>I'm more concerned about the huge bonus to Saving Throws coming from left field, though...
That's also from Hoarded Luck. Fortune Thief is poorly designed, it's far better for it to just sit on a giant pool of luck than spend that luck on abilities.

>tfw DHB basically stole my build from sky pirates except without the HUGE TAUNTS
I am not sure if this is a good or bad feel.

I mean this from an in-character perspective once they've gotten some education and looked at their options.

Not particularly.

In a setting with proven gods and afterlives where you lose your memories and self 90% of the time, why not try to join up with the near-god creatures who you can still kind of understand on a mortal level that will keep you coming back again and again?
There are several eldest, so you can find one that fits your personal outlook. They offer one hell of a health insurance plan, give you back up, and help you travel. Most of the arguments that could be made against them can also be made against any of the organized gods in particular, so why not shack up with the fey?

God damn, look at those numbers.

Almost makes me not want to bother with applying!

Doesn't Hoarded Luck require... you know, luck points?

hurr fey are evul and alien durr
so incomprehensible
whimshy whimsy

>Whenever a fortune thief gains a luck point,
it last indefinitely until they spend it or die, although their luck does not refill after resting.

Someone go tell Taldor GM that Fortune Thief's luck points should clear out after resting.

No more so then the various divinities both good and evil. It's more a matter of scale and PR. Fey are different yes, but as things like gnomes show they can be understood or brought to mortal lines of thinking. Though after a few dozen centuries a character might start thinking more like the fey.
Close to the same method of thinking.

It's a shame, really! The Fey can also make incredible mentor or parental figures.

Yeah
Just ask Mr. Dresden

>Spells Per Day or Spells Known

For fuck's sake.

Anyone remember the name of the feats that give you bonuses to untrained skill checks?
I'm trying to make a bard that will be able to make any skill check without putting a single rank in any of them.

>Implying Nymphs, (Hama)dryads and Huldra don't make the best motherly mentor types.

Breath of Experience
Improvisation
Improved Improvisation
Worldly trait

d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/improvisation-human/
d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/improved-improvisation-human/

Thanks senpai-pai

I have an important, secret, city's guard business. You have to come with me. It involves a shovel and open field.

His disguise is even higher and that's without face changer. With face changer he has a +60 to disguise.

>paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedRaceGuide/coreRaces/humans.html

Fast Learner -> Improvisation -> Improved Improvisation

Is it a time capsule!?

A leyline! They're digging up a leyline!

What's his back story look like? Is it better than the others?

I dunno, how did the railways change Europe and Colonies?

Like in Eberron?

Robberies would be a lot more intense.

Industrial and revolutionary. Railways completely changed the way that people travelled and did their business. Dangerous and long roads were a big issue and people rarely left their own hometown in their entire lives. Trains change all of this. Countries could organise and feed massive armies, bigger than ever before, and move them around strategically faster than any time in history.

If you're a high level an your GM is alright with it, jump into Evangelist too. That grabs some untrained skill check bonuses as well. The class is considered sorta power gamey sense you get extra class features; and worse if you are a 6hd character sense it increases your BAB and HD for free, but, for a bard, can't be too bad.

Should females character have armpit hair?

drive.google.com/file/d/0B0rOJKO2u66CMHVTSnNoMHRpSXM/view?usp=drivesdk

Are they Dwarves?

Jesus christ why is this allowed?

Im assuming that they like pick related

Since someone was asking for it here

With one head normally, but yeah.

News flash, fa/tg/uy. All women have pit hair. It's kinda part of the human condition.

>all

this is not true

Regarding that, I'm considering removing the 1d4 round cooldown on the breath weapon. Even with being able to take a Move to reduce it by 1 turn, it's still easy to be locked out of something you may have spent two or three feats on.

Any thoughts?

Would the Runeforge be a decent location to throw the players their first Mythic tier?
That or ending the Runelord.

OieOie. Yes. Some woman have laser hair removal, shave, wax or have naturally sparse hair. But all women, baring genetic mishaps, have body hair.

Help me design some two-headed, two-tailed, bifurcated snake bosses

Runeforge doesn't really have any threat which should be consider mythic.

Here, use this as the basis!

BRRROTHERRRRR

Jolly good show
I had a sensible chuckle

Treat your breath weapon like it's a light crossbow and you have to reload your breath. Maybe have rapid reload apply to it or have feat like it just for breath.

I was thinking something along the lines of it breaking down after they use it or if they break it and then infusing them with power, maybe based on one of the seven sins based on their choosing

That's not how it works at all. It doesn't empty when you rest, it simply doesn't fill when you rest unlike many other pools such as Ki. You only gain Luck by hexing people, but once you've done so there's no reason to hold it.

That's dumb. The cooldown is better.

Eh if they break it then UNLIMITED POWER based on seven sins, if they don't then after that guy regular old UNLIMITED POWER?

It's an overly reductive base for monsters that have weird shit like losing one attack from their Multiattack whenever they lose a certain threshold of health, or a single monster that is an elemental trapped inside a construct. Beat up the construct enough and suddenly you're fighting the elemental instead, BUT the construct's location, statuses, etc. transfer to the elemental.

Why is it dumb?

Does a brawlers martial flexibility at higher levels, say 6th, take up two uses when taking 2 feats or is that only for the eldritch scrapper?

Yes

>paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedClassGuide/classes/brawler.html

>Each individual feat selected counts toward her daily uses of this ability.

Yes, absolutely. Would their clothes and armor be showing it? Maybe not. Medieval clothing involves LAYERS like a motherfucker.

Yes and yes?

Because "reload breath" is a silly concept and you also suggested the creation of specific to reload breath faster.

A 1d4 round cooldown isnt that bad. If its really an issue drop it to 1d3 or every other round. Introducing a reloading mechanic is unnecessaey and weird.

I recommend to use the legendary items concept from the mythic companion. Those are basically artifacts though.

>Taldor GM hasn't responded in several days

Dead game?

While the server was being fixed I found a corsair archetype for the fighter with sneak attack.
Anyone know what that's all about?

If you couldn't get anyone to come to your birthday party, you have no business expecting games with you in them to get off the ground.

Isn't the Slayer basically that? I guess it could feel like an alternate Slayer with Weapon Training, assuming it doesn't give that up. If it does, bin it.

every game is dead game lmao

Dude you fucking lied to me.
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/corsair/

A couple days isn't anything to get worked up over.

My assumption is that the link was broken. If it were still there I wouldn't need to ask for it.
Since it had its own table I can only assume it's a wholly independent class.

Oh hush, maybe he has a life over the weekend.

If they don't shave it, yes.

Not RotJR!

Not only should they have armpit hair, but they should (spoilers for obvious reasons) have full bush, since women often didn't shave down there and those who did were often associated with prostitution or loose sexual morality.

There is more than one Corsair archetype, Swashbuckler has one too.

Why would a bounty hunter get a bonus at second level that requires a feature from 3rd?

How often do you play? How often do you think it is the best?

Found it
d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/tripod-machine/corsair/

>3pp class
>tripod machine
Into the trash it goes

Does finesse training make it worth playing unchained rogue over the slayer if I want to be a dex-based sneaky stab man?

Most of my games turn out to be once a week deals. More often then that and people tend to get burned out if it's more frequent then that, and having sessions more than a week apart leads to forgetfulness and scheduling/commitment issues.

Unless of course you're lucky enough to end up in the right kind of play by post/chat service thing, where the game goes whenever everybody is online and you can get in a part-time jobs worth of play that makes everyone happy and feel included. Merciful Christ I miss that game so much

Well, when I clicked on the fighter archetype table I was excited at first, then confused because I didn't find any replacement feats.

So, everyone that's not an elf, kitsune, bard, or sorceress, then.