Thousand Sons Appreciation

Lets give some love to the best chaos legion

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=thousand sons
youtube.com/watch?v=Kj7z_gSOiuo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're shit like the rest of chaos legions. Can't do anything properly even with gods backing them up.

Not gonna be Chaos for much longer

quality thread faggot. sage

What's next, creating separate threads for appreciating different IG tanks? Fuck off.

Fuck you both.

All is Dust! Currently working on my TS Maulerfiends actually.

So from reading the codex, seems like these guys are designed to be an elite army, made up off few very tough units with very strong psyker support.
I know that the fact they are an elite army means they don't stand a chance in competitive matches, but surely they must be fair game for casual matches? providing you roll well in the magic phase I suppose.

Which of their two cores is generally regarded as the best?

>thousand sons
>appreciation
>mfw

If Space Wolves are supposed to be Vikings, why do they have Muslim faces?

Did somebody say Thousand Sons?

Honestly after looking at it I think running it as a Combined Arms detachment for objective secured with maybe one of the other formations tacked on is probably best (unless you're running Magnus). Most of their other formations use lots of units that aren't troops so it seems logical to add these to a CAD.

Mutants. You should be purged. Better a Spawn that can be kept as an adorable pet than a Wulfen who serves as a constant reminder of your legion's hypocrisy.

I just played a 1850 game against a friend's BT with the Castellan of the Imperium detachment, the one that brings troops back on 5+. He ran mechanized with 8 vehicles (vindi, trilas pred, stormtalon flyer, land raider crusader, razorbacks, pod and a dread), several MSU squads with a load of plasmaguns/cannons and a big blob of crusader with coteaz and the Emperor's Champion. He got 2 razorbacks, 2 MSU squads and the LRC to return over the course of the game. My list was pic.

I kicked ass. I mean I lost due to 3VPs at the end of Turn 6 but I destroyed every vehicle thanks to heretech spam, torched a shitload of marines and even turned Coteaz into a spawn who assaulted his own dudes. One-shot Emp's Champ with Doombolt too.

Rolling good powers is mandatory and I did suffer due to lack of ObjSec but considering I held my own against superior units, a superior codex and 600 points extra, I think TS' psychic might is proven.

Russ literally did nothing wrong.

>Thousand Suns
>Chaos

laughingguilliman.jpg

Fuck off nerds.

Nice planet, bruh

Logan seems like a cool dude. Easily the comfiest chapter master of them all

That's not how you spell Tu'Shan.

Or Dante

So with all the new art, anyone got some cool Thousand Sons desktop backgrounds?

And anyone convert the books to PDF so I can more easily consolidate all the relevant TSons stuff into a single document. EPUBS are a pita!

Tu'Shan is a literal who and Dante is vanilla as fuck

At least they aren't hobos

Nice army!!! If I ever go back to 40k, I guess I'd go for the thousand sons,

I doubt it's competitive at all to be honest. It's kindof a superelite glasscannon but I found it extremely fun for casual play (which I do exclusively desu).

You can finally play the TS as they are in the fluff; Few in number, complete psychic domination.

Tell me about the Thousand Sons. I understand them as just Egyptian themed sorcerers.

Do you want a quick rundown?

no, the long one

lmgtfy.com/?q=thousand sons

Here you go, spaz.

Please stop trying to force this meme.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj7z_gSOiuo

>ywn have your planet liberated by the combined forces of Salamanders, Space Wolves and Blood Angels.

It's nice to have some actually benevolent chapters that actually fight for humanity instead of most uncaring chapters like Black Templars or borderline genocidal like Dark Angels.

Have the 1k sons and blood ravens ever interacted in any meaningful way?

Thousand Sons didn't exist in DoW even as a colour scheme. Relic detests all things Tzeentch nearly as much as FW.

I do wonder what would've happened if Russ really did simply chained Magnus and took him to Terra.

Would the 1K Sons still fall or not?

Weren't horrors in dow1?

Yep, and for some retarded reason they were anti-tank units.

Fuck that. The Space Wolves don't give a fuck about anyone, they are the Emperor's Executioners they only respect fellow soldiers not your average Joe Schmo

>very tough units

I hope you are talking about magnus and a couple demon princes

Despite having grimdark Apache Chief as a Primarch, I think these guys are pretty cool.

More things with Ahriman would be nice.

H-ha, we all know who the best chaos legion is, right?

>wearing the black of abbadon's many failures

That's not Alpha.

Closet Loyalists.

>Would the 1K Sons still fall or not?
No? The only reason they even fought was because Ahriman wasnt a little bitch and told Magnus to fuck off and went to organise the defences.

In ATS and PB the SW's arrive undetected by the legion then attempt to glass the planet. The only reason any TSons survive is their secret Kine shield. Thats the perspective the legion has.

What if they're heretics pretending to be closet-loyalists?

What with Aba-daba-doo's arms are actually Alpha legion members?

I wonder how Ahriman feels? Thousands of years surrounded by the friends and allies you couldn't save fully, forever being reminded of your grim failure?

Seeing as he is going through hell and back to get into the black library to cure them I'm sure he's not feeling the best.

I like to think he plans on getting strong enough to rip a certain plotting thanksgiving turkey a thorough fucking as revenge.

it's funny how you missspelled Night Lords

Worst legion. The bat wings are just silly. They're supposed to use fear tactics yet look like goofy Halloween decorations

He's actually already successfully cured one rubricae, so he knows that it can be done. He spent a bunch of time just slumming it as a nobody sorcerer, crushed by the guilt and failure, but now he's utterly consumed by his quest to cure the rest of the legion.

Allow me to disagree

One single success, huh?

Reminds me of the good ole days; Magnus and his one single failure to his 'cure' for the 'flesh-change'.

Spoilers to the Ahriman novels, which are actually pretty good.

Ahriman was trying to mulligan the Rubric, and there were multiple shards of Magnus behind the strings fucking with it. The end result was Magnus co-opting the ritual in order to reform himself. Apparently Tzeentch's planned reward for Ahriman is to delete him from existence, and the Changeling was on the cusp of doing so before Tzeentch decided to delay it and let him keep trying.

>Waged war on the INQUISITION and killed a Grey Knight Grand Master because they purged the citizens of Armageddon after its first war.

Wait, was he going to delete Ahriman or Magnus?

Not that user but Ahriman.

Maybe it is.

I genuinely hope he gets some sort of good ending for his and the TS' story. He's just too likable. GW will probably have him killed by Kharn before having his body tentacle raped by chaosspawn.

In reality, his storyline will never reach any conclusion at all because it's one of the most iconic stories of 40k.

It will be in either a permanent stasis, or in a never ending series of fillers like a 4000 episode Vietnamese children's cartoon.

If they're so smart, how come they're dead?

They died because they were so smart, yet also stupid.
They were stupid!smart, the most fated to die horribly because, for all their knowledge, they're still prone to doing things that are better off not done in hindsight.

Very definition of high Int low Wis

Bros should have put points into Wis, man, instead of pumping all their points into Int.

Ironically, these "mispelled" comments are never funny.

>tfw to intelligent for WIS

How is that ironic?

GW should remake this sorcerer into a new plastic mini. It's the most iconic sorcerer for the TS alongside Arhiman.
It's previous metal incarnation has the size of a manlett in comparison with the new minis.

here they go

So they are manlet marines?

I think it even applies to Big E at some points as well.

I think only Khan put points into Wis out of the 1st founding marines/primarchs.

compared to the new TS they are.

With a razor saw, a few extra bits and some patience you can de-manlett him.

Dark Angels aren't really that genocidal, Marines Malevolent on the other hand...

So are they eventually gonan turn against chaos?

When Magnus wins against that jive turkey in Mario Party for his soul back.

what did you do to it's robe?
I onl have metal version.

I extended it with greenstuff, it wasn't that hard you just follow the contours of what's already there.

hmmm I think I will just end up putting him on a disk or on a more elevated base.

these are my boys that I am working on.

Best legion

Certainly pimping.

Those are some pretty swanky looking Rubrics.

Also here's my Hathor Maar conversion I've been working on.
Had to pick a head from Kingdom Death to get the maximum pretty boy look.

He probably looks like this in 40k.

Dunno when the red and white theme was decided for 30k but it shits on the blue.

Yes, I'm mostly building 1k sons for 30k, but I use a lot of the new 40k plastics.

It's so obvious they were made to be useable for both settings

Probably, but I just like the idea of this one Thousand Sons sorcerer looking like something out of a shoujou romance manga.
And since we don't have confirmation I'll stick with what I find more amusing.

Red and white was actually their very first colour scheme. The blue and gold didn't come till 2nd ed.

I prefer blue and gold, or blue and white, over red and gold. It looks pure, and knightly.

Yingyang nerdbackpack is disturbingly fitting.

So question, would it be thematically apropriate to have a few TS sorcerors supporting a formation of IG? The idea is that the marines are acting as a chapter of loyalists, using the guard as their 'public face'. In reality they manipulate the orders the regiment gets and use the chaos of the Emperor's hammer squashing some unfortunate sods to get what they want without attracting too much undue attention.

They actually care for the little guys and go after the lolrandum terror gangs when they can, but the prophetic visions they get are 50% tzeentch shenanigans and 50% emprah approved warp television and they have no idea what's what.

Their current end goal is to heal the emperor with an arcane ritual to both help humanity beat Chaos and to rub it in his face sorcery can be useful. I hope it is obvious how Tzeentch can steer them easily to whatever his feathery desires are this time around (though they have managed to royally fuck up his plans more than once, probably).

Not dickish enough.

Am I the only one that's always bothered by Chaos Marines having the long nozzles on their backpacks? Weird shapes or something I could get, but the length just looks goofy.

God of Hope, user, god of Hope. I always hear Tzeentch as patron of plans and sorcery, but the aspect of hope doesn't get nearly as much attention. The marines see themselves as demigods of the Emperor with the responsibility to spread hope among the populace for a better tomorrow. They even take in young psykers to save them from the Black Ships and train them to use their powers for good.

All the while, someone in the warp cackles.

It wouldn't surprise me, assuming it isn't left forever inching ever closer to resolving without ever actually getting there. Of all the traitor legions, the Thousand Sons were the ones most forced into it despite wanting to remain loyal, barring whatever the fuck is going on with the Alpha Legion.
The Space Wolves were only meant to bring them in to get shouted at by the Emperor before Horus dicked with the orders, and even then Magnus was so upset with his fuckup he was just taking the beating until the results of Ahriman fighting back made him lose it and side with Tzeentch out of despair. Even now Magnus still seems primarily angry about what happened to Prospero, and being bound to a Chaos god and so on is an incidental thing so far as he still has any free will. Ahriman apparently outright hates chaos even though he's also under its thumb. He supposedly still believed in the ideals of the crusade for some time after the heresy, and it's possible that's only suppressed by his obsession with fixing the rubric and if he'd just calm the fuck down he still feels the same way.

If it ever managed to happen it'd presumably hook in with that bit of fluff where a Tzeentchian daemon got genuinely frightened when he realized two humans had intentionally swapped their fates which potentially fucked over the Grand Just As Planned.
And/or the Blood Ravens because >implied thousand sons geneseed, I guess.