Let's get down to brass tax. Why don't more women hobby?

Let's get down to brass tax. Why don't more women hobby?

>more women hobby?
they do but its just not your hobby.
a non-zero amount of their disinterest in your hobby comes from the smell that lingers around you like a dense cloud. True story.

Because roleplaying games are a tool of escapism for people, who can't find satisfaction and place in real life. It's much more likely to happen to a man, than a woman.
I've personally noticed that while male RPG players often are ugly and/or weird, female players are much more so. It's either a fat landwhale, or a turboautist who behaves like she's an alien from another planet that doesn't quite understand human customs and behaviour.

who gives two fucks man

Women are attracted to interesting people, which is why OP doesn't ever see them.

Women are interested in fuck not fags

I was asking for you guys. My FLGS has three 40k players, none of which sound like . They're just mousey

>brass tax
I had no idea there was such an ordinance.

While the neckbeards & autists will begin blubbering that "Not All Gamers Are Like That", the truth of the matter is that ENOUGH gamers are like that.

For the general population, there are huge negative connotations associated with all types of gaming; video, RPGs, minis, etc. Most of the negatives are firmly based in fact.

My minis/hwg group met for years weekly at a FLGS. The WH40K, MTG, and other groups playing there generally looked, behaved, and smelled as if they'd just been let out of a group home. When worried moms dropped off their 12yo sprog who'd just painted up their Imperial Guardsmen, they'd look around in horror and then make a beeline for the group of middle-aged guys pushing lead around in the back corner.

I remember one being shocked when she learned we were all professionals; engineers, CPAs, doctors, etc. Another nodded when one guy told her this was his weekly night out and wife preferred it to him sitting in a bar.

TL:DR - More women don't hobby because of you.

the short answer: societally enforced gender roles.

it's impossible to say if more girls are naturally less inclined to play games because the amount of influence that our society has on our ideas about gender is so great that there is no way to suss it out.

>this thread
>not bait
pick one

The most common reason I've heard from girls and women is "gatekeeping", aka guys by default suspecting them of not being "true fans" and just being there for attention. They get scrutinized to an unpleasant extent with questionnaires to prove that they're not "real nerds".
Obviously that makes them feel unwelcome and drift towards other communities without that kind of scrutiny.

And depending on your "nature vs nurture" perspective slider settings, either society has them grow up with values for what interests are "boys stuff" and what interests are "girls stuff", or women's brains are simply usually wired to find different things more enjoyable. Or maybe it's a bit from both columns.

Because. Now shut the fuck up.

>imblying

Most women have no concern for escapist entartainment becasue their lives are already as easy and stress-free.

The roots of tabletop gaming have been male from the beginning. The core of the hobby is WAR gaming. Fighting out conflicts from the strategic to tactical level. War and violent conflict (and planning to win them) have always been foremost a male enterprise.

>The most common reason I've heard from girls and women is "gatekeeping", aka guys by default suspecting them of not being "true fans" and just being there for attention

To be fair, enough of them are not "true fans" and are there just for the attention.

The suspicions and stereotypes exist for a reason.

>More women don't hobby because of you.
while that is true its also because they don't really like hobbies to begin with but they will do them if they right people are present.
its just a different carrot on the same stick.

Do you really think that?

Like, do you really think there's a large enough group of people who are willing to spend a lot of time and money garnering attention from YOU?

Games are naturally more masculine and anti-social, where women do enjoy games it's usually more the more sociable and creative elements. Ala roleplaying, they like to create stories and narratives - the romance fiction is the staple female hobby.

Males are hardwired differently to women mentally as well as biologically, that is why there are differences. Not thoroughly debunked 19th century social constructionism which is popular with the redditors here that will imply we need to for no reason go out of our ways to entice women into a hobby - why? Well, gender is a social construct and so women can't offer anything a man can't - but regardless we just need to for no reason at all try and force women with all our might to pursue our hobby.

see
but reverse all the genders and whatnot.

Its definitely true that not all girl gamers are GURRL GAMERZ, but enough of them are.

>Brass tax
Every time. Every time.