Hey Veeky Forums, I made a board game

Hey Veeky Forums, I made a board game.

Here's how you play it:

You start with the player token on the square labeled "start." Then, each turn, you roll a 6-faced die, and move forward the number of spaces that you roll.... when you land on the square labeled "Finish", the game is over. You win!

Grey squares are empty spaces. In a game with more than one player, if somebody lands on a square already occupied, the previous occupant can make a choice; they can chastise the trespasser, forcing him or her to move back to the nearest available empty grey square. Or! You can be merciful, and share the tile WITH them. Yay!

Orange tiles are event tiles. If you land on an orange tile, you must move back to the nearest available grey tile... or! You can read a surah of the Quran, to stay on the orange tile until your next turn.

As you can see, the frequency of orange tiles is greater as you reach the end of your journey. This is to remind us that, the closer we are to reaching our goals, the more important it is to recognize the importance of God in our lives. God is ever merciful!

So the track symbolizes life and the lesson here is that people only really turn to religion when they're close to death, in hopes that they can undo all the shit they did before?

Rolled 1 (1d6)

Rolled 3 (1d6)

Progress!

Rolled 3 (1d6)

And continuing.

I saved over the previous pic by mistake.

Rolled 3 (1d6)

edit rolling

Rolled 5 (1d6)

And I have hit an event. Being a tipmaster I'm going to opt to move back to the gray square.

Yes but some people are lucky enough to discover God early in life. You can land on orange as quickly as your first turn (the fifth tile, representing 5 years of life)

Rolled 3 (1d6)

Made it. Ok.

Rolled 2 (1d6)

And again.

>Being a tipmaster I'm going to opt to move back to the gray square.
:(

Kill yourself goatfucker.

Rolled 3 (1d6)

Oops. Once again.

I understand but no. I'm doing this in the longest and most pointlessly difficult way possible.

Rolled 3 (1d6)

Once again progress.

Man I am really good at landing on these orange squares. Anyway, continuing.

Rolled 5 (1d6)

Sorry about that, here's a better attempt.

Rolled 1 (1d6)

That's a moderately large number!

None of your orange tiles go on for more than 6 squares.

So doesn't this also communicate that you can get through life with luck and perserverance without needing to factor god into the equation at all?

>I made a game
Oh good! Finally, fresh OC without politics or religi-
>it's about Allah
Fucking kill yourself

Rolled 4 (1d6)

I just realized that this one looks easy but it's actually a 50% chance of getting your clonkers bonked.

I like to think that it's intentional and Islamanon (who is probably a Vargposter but whatever) is just nice enough to let everybody participate in their own way.

Rolled 1 (1d6)

Another coin flip here.

I'll take it, but my odds haven't really improved.

Rolled 1 (1d6)

And actually rolling.

>None of your orange tiles go on for more than 6 squares
That was an intentional design choice. You might also notice there are no stretches of grey tiles for 6+ squares either.

Yaaaawn

Wait, wut?

>or! You can read a surah of the Quran

Fucking hell, get your propoganda out of games and Veeky Forums.

This wouldn't be appropriate no matter what bullshit you were selling. And it's blatant as fuck propoganda too. Might as well force users to watch a 30s Pepsi ad instead.

Rolled 6 (1d6)

Ok, still fine. I'll just sort of take this as a lesson in remembering to roll dice with each post.

Rolled 3 (1d6)

Sometimes you roll a six.

1/3, go!

Rolled 6 (1d6)

Sometimes you need to roll a 2, 3, or 6, and you do. 1/3 again!

Rolled 1 (1d6)

I'm enjoying this in a way because I roll the dice and I'm not really concerned with success or failure because either I land on the orange square or I don't. Later I'll be in a different situation with different odds, better or worse, or I'll be done. Anyway, I need to roll exactly a three.

Rolled 4 (1d6)

I just realized I could easily hit the image limit. What is the image limit? Maybe I shouldn't post redundant images. It's part of the experience, though.

Rolled 3 (1d6)

Did a brief bit of terrible mental math and decided that I should be nowhere near the limit. Redundant images for days!

But if you were faithful you'd rush towards death faster than the heathens and be done with this nightmare.

Maybe the image limit is a euphemism for old age?

Rolled 5 (1d6)

I actually completely failed to understand the probability in this game, probably because most games are a lot more punishing. You don't have to perfectly snipe the gray square to progress, you just have to get past it. So my odds are much better than I had guessed most of the time.

I mean, the game is a very loose metaphor. Obviously the squares are years, but you don't actually travel back in time when you're a dick.

Rolled 5 (1d6)

See, like right now I moved forward a bit despite fucking up.

Rolled 3 (1d6)

And once again.

Rolled 6 (1d6)

This time I do genuinely have to roll a six.

Computer science nerd here

I just ran a simulation, and found that the average # of dicerolls to finish the game (assuming you don't own a Quran) is 45.4.

Rolled 3 (1d6)

That was easier than I expected.

>but you don't actually travel back in time when you're a dick.
Are you sure you just haven't unlocked the true power of atheism?

You're past the first big hump now; only one more real problem spot to go.

Rolled 4 (1d6)

And again.

Ah, thanks. I didn't do anything nearly this advanced and I figured that if I'd be well under the limit even if I rolled horribly, but it's always good to know more stuff.

What a fucking choice. "Ok, you can live forever, but you have to keep fucking up every god damn thing and re-experiencing it for all eternity."

That's a pretty short lifespan. Isn't the average lifespan in the 80's?

But there are 100 tiles here, and the average human only lives to around 80. Most people are going to die before they can reach the last orange-heavy track.

And continuing.

Each roll encompasses multiple years.

Yeah, but you roll a six one in six times.

Rolled 6 (1d6)

Ok, had a good run of remembering to roll. Let's see if I can have another one.

It's a number.

I don't think it's meant to be a 1 to 1 fantasy heartbreaker excel spreadsheet simulator.

>this is my first day on Veeky Forums and I want to make sure everybody knows about it!

Rolled 6 (1d6)

Now with a roll, even.

Here's a sample output from my simulator.

As you can see it just spits out a bunch of numbers, but here's how you read it: Turn number, dice roll, new position. The start square is position 0, the end square is position 101.

It's an easy game, because the orange stumbling blocks only slow progress; they can never actually send you backward.

I think an interesting thing to note is how later in life, the only way to get ahead of somebody else is through Islam, or them being generous and sharing with you. Clearly, this is a message about the importance of engaging with those of different faiths in your community, so that everyone can prosper.

>That's a pretty short lifespan.

No, that's Islam.

lol

Jokes aside, the average life expectancy in stable Muslim countries is about the same as it is in the west. You can argue that they enjoy a lower quality of life, but they aren't really dying any faster than us.

Rolled 5 (1d6)

Just dealing with a couple of things that made me go slower, still here!

>it's the dorf fort font

That's a good point, I hadn't considered it because I'm single playering it and that issue isn't coming up.

Rolled 2 (1d6)

Another one.

>Each roll encompasses multiple years.
Oh yeah. 3.5 * 45.4 = 158.9.... which is a little long.

Rolled 6 (1d6)

I had a good run for a while.

>he doesn't have his own turing-complete dwarfputer made from water channels and gates

Rolled 3 (1d6)

I guess it was just another coin flip, but that felt ok.

I can run a 200 dorf fort, but that's beyond me.

Another coin flip.

Rolled 5 (1d6)

With a roll, even.

Rolled 5 (1d6)

Coin status: flipped.

WOO! Almost dead!

Rolled 3 (1d6)

Oh wow, upon realizing that the final boss fight is upon me I actually got a little bit nervous. Here we go!

Rolled 1 (1d6)

Missed.

It's funny because no one roll was really more or less instrumental in (game) killing me, but that's how it feels, doesn't it?

You know, I recommend you read Surahs 1 and 112. They are very short, it won't cost you much time if you land on an orange square.

Rolled 5 (1d6)

Another try.

Rolled 3 (1d6)

There's the urge to yell "Close!" in this situation but all non-sixes are equally non-six here.

I actually looked these up, but I'd be fucking up everything if I quit being a stubborn asshole who pointlessly plays on hard mode for story reasons now.

Rolled 2 (1d6)

Another miss.

Rolled 4 (1d6)

I've enjoyed this thread.

Rolled 4 (1d6)

It's somewhat difficult to come up with commentary because I've exhausted all of the options where I talk about my luck, but I also have to prepare for the final post while at the same time leaving myself an option to make another post. I remembered to roll dice this time.

I did actually open up paint and draw the same picture.

I enjoy that this is blatant religious propoganda, but in the best way possible. You aren't trying to be underhanded or trick people, you're just saying "Here is a what I believe and here is a metaphor for how I think it can positively affect your life." It's pretty neato, OP.

Rolled 2 (1d6)

And with less fucking up.

got a fb2 of quran?
Should I read it before or after 1001 nights?

Rolled 3 (1d6)

I'm sort of glad I didn't crit there because it would have been a bad end for the thread.

DEUS VULT

Rolled 2 (1d6)

I didn't really predict that the final boss would be so difficult. I would have had a much easier time commenting otherwise.

WHAT THE FUCK YOU HERETICAL SHIT STAIN
YES YOU FUCK FACE. DO WE LOOK LIKE SOME SAND NIGGERS TO YOU?!
ALL YOU FUCKING HERETICS. ENJOY YOUR ETERNITY WITH 72 GOATS YOU SUBHUMAN SHIT STAINS

Rolled 1 (1d6)

I saw this list of yous that is longer than my monitor and I laughed.

>You can read a surah of the Quran, to stay on the orange tile until your next turn.

DID YOU TURN YOUR BACK ON THE HOLY LAND FOR MONEY? FOR WOMEN? OR JUST BECAUSE FOR ONCE SOME ONE TOUCHED THAT DISEASED PECKER OF YOURS THAT WAS BETTER SUITED TO BE ROTTING OFF ANYWAY.

You make me sick, we don't normalize degeneracy you absolute fucking SJW. Degeneracy is to be stamped out, if you're not a sand nigger your ancestors gaze down from their afterlife wondering if making the choice to reproduce was truly worth it.

You sully your bloodline with filthy thoughts of heresy, I hope you rot.

Rolled 1 (1d6)

I'm definitely feeling the idea of Atheist Groundhog Day as mentioned previously in the thread here. I'm going to keep rolling.

The chance to roll doubles is one in six, because you're guaranteed to roll a number, and then you have a one in six chance of rolling that number on your second roll.

Your's is truly a damned soul.
Perhaps one day you will be redeemed. I however hope that you will rot forever in the void between worlds, never to plague the sight of man.

Rolled 1 (1d6)

Apparently I like talking about dice more than rolling them.

I think the dice are trying to invoke some special rule where rolling six ones in a row counts as a six.

They'd have an easier time if you remembered to role.

Rolled 4 (1d6)

I'm clearly falling out of the groove that made this enjoyable, otherwise I wouldn't be forgetting my dice so often.

Rolled 4 (1d6)

Yeah, I'm trying to adjust back to that place mentally.

And 'lo and behold, more heretics. Pray tell, why would you do this?
You look upon something that has been said for centuries is not fit for even the lowliest of men, and yet here you are having fun with it.

At least post some shitty pictures of Mohammed to piss off some Arab cunts.

Rolled 5 (1d6)

I'm reading the wikipedia article about Surah 1 while waiting for timers to go down. It's 27 words and people argue about it a lot.

user, how is this heretical? We are standing strong and refusing to give into Islam in order to lessen the burden of this ordeal in spite of how long it may take. It's a showing of conviction.

Rolled 6 (1d6)

Another miss. This is move 52, so I'm doing below average.

>52
Hypercrisis?

TG sure has gone downhill.

all these anons condoning this garbage. it's straight up propaganda, it being blatant doesn't make it any better, if anything it makes it worse.

It being blatant is refreshing in this day and age.
Christ loves you, OP.

>longer than my monitor
nice tiny baby monitor faggot