Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Fantasy Transylvania edition. Has your party visited Ustalav? Have they gone to Ravenloft?

When's the last time you fought a vampire?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69913/slash-pfg-slash-dragonborn-game
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4675480/applications-here
d20pfsrd.com/skills/heal/
d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/wilder/#Pain_Surge
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wish I was a vampire, but none of them want to bite me.

They think I'm gross!

Currently running a Strange Aeons game, they're about to talk to Winter. Been fun so far.

I've been looking for a good answer to this and still nothing, does an Unsworn Shaman lose their regular hex selections due to minor spirit, or not?

I fight vampires every session, two of my players never grew out of their teen goth phase and are always trying to get away with shit.

Adults obsessed with teenage gothic are about as sad as adults obsessed with the Punisher.

How crippling are dump stats for class skills?

I suggested running Expedition to Castle Ravenloft in Ustalav once. Another guy threw a bitch-fit because according to him, his old campaign involved the PCs "destroying" Ravenloft. As in the actual Demiplane of Dread.

As in he didn't want anything to not be canon with his old campaign.

What languages are the most useful?

No, but I wish I could get a group together to run some low-level game there.

Horror and fantasy really need more gothic architecture and creepy, vicious, entirely-human nobles and far, far less vampires and zombies.

Sphinx

Posting my listing again since it's been 2 threads since the last one, all the details are either in the primary description of the campaign or in the backstory behind the area you all will start in.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69913/slash-pfg-slash-dragonborn-game

Common, Elven, Slyvan if you want to woo some kitsune babes.

Typically I take Sphinx because, on the off chance there IS a sphinx, then you can bet your ass I'm gonna chat it up.

Depends on if you're in Golarion or not. If you're in Golarion there is a short list that mostly includes human languages.

Never ever played online before how goes that namefriend?

>When's the last time you fought a vampire?
About a year ago, me and another PC was tired of a third PC acting like a dildo and we conspired to discreetly get him killed when we realized we were fighting a vampire.

We subtly maneuvered the vampire to dominate the dildo player so we could kill him along with his sire but the GM sensed our intent and instead of the obvious target, decided to go for one of the conspirators instead. Didnt really stop us since the conspirator killed dildo while I helped the more competent but less well informed player lock down the vampire until we were absolutely sure that dildo was doomed.

Win win since the exp was divided amongst three players and we got some extra loot from dead player on top of vampire treasure.

Generally speaking the way I go about it is that we use Roll20 as the board and I'll use Discord to communicate with the rest of you. It seems most people here prefer to use text which is fine, but I'll be using my voice to talk to you all as the DM.

Last time my players fought a vampire was when I found this in a premade dungeon.

Which are the most interesting kingdoms for origin story?

>gay people can still live rich, fulfilling lives having natural children with women
I mean sure
>society isn't flawed
Eh...It could be better. A whole lot better.

All of these inbred uneducated hicks could stop voting in "conservatives" who do nothing but rob them blind.

Weird that people prefer text. I expect lots of thick southern accents are being hidden.

>scheduled to start at 2AM
One of these days I'll get around to making an account and applying for one of /pfg/'s roll20 games. Not today, though.

It's also easier to only make the sounds of clickity-clacking keyboards at 3 AM than to be talking full-volume with housemates trying to sleep.

Get your own house.

Is it good? I've heard mixed things about Aeons.

>People keep posting RE:Zero shit at least twice per thread
>The MC is pretty much a thatguy PC that assumes everyone gets along with him despite doing nothing but act like a snarky fuck.
Does this get good at any point or is this shit about the waifus?

>Veeky Forums anime & manga

The big issue in Golarion is that there are no issues with anything, unless there's a monster attack, but it isn't explained why there's no issue, they'll say MAGIC, but you'll see no evidence of MAGIC.

But conservatives preach a message of hope while democrats rob them, but don't blind them so they see the fruits of their labor being wasted on someone else.

I can either play tabletop, or get a high-paying high-timeframe job that pays for a house and a car to get to said job. If I'm sharing a house with 3 other people to keep my gaming possible, then I'll do it.

Obligatory whoring out because last thread died minutes after I posted

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4675480/applications-here

Now with less sleep deprived typos.

Both times I've faced a specific vampire for the first time have resulted in a TPK.
(For the first one, we fought her again later, with a re-optimized party. Gunsmoke Mystics can pull off quite the burst, particularly when the enemy is pinned)

Personally I think it's easier to get into character through text, especially if I'm playing a female character.

Plus I'm a bit of an awkward fuck and voice feels a little strange.

Voice is faster though, so I ultimately don't have much preference.

>its cheaper to lock a bum up in a prison that my brother happens to own than it is to give the bum free food and a shack to live in
>its cheaper to ...something? than it is to provide free birth control, sex ed, and abortions because Jesus
>its cheaper to start wars than it is to invest in energy interdependence
You are so stupid and easy to rob I honestly think I should start getting in on the action.

I have a job, i'm a player in one game and I run another in the basement of my house.

Stop being poor and get an actual job.

There is a surprising amount of self-reflection later in the series. Believe it or not but Subaru actually admits that he is pathetic and entitled. That was one of the better, more emotional moments and it's worth it to get there. But waifus are still a pretty big part of it. Felix is obviously best.

Depending on your game. If you are fighting orcs and goblinoid, then Orc and Goblin. If you are dealing with Fey, then Sylvan. If you may meet eldricht horrors or evil Fey, then Aklo. Stuff like Elven, Dwarven, Celestial or Infernal/Abyssal are good because you are going to meet planar creatures and most popular fantasy races sooner or later. Human languages are good if your GM pays attention to them, otherwise Common is enough.

How much would you consider an "high intelligence score"?

How do multiple +% damage bonuses stack?
For example lets say I went with a maximized mythic empowered lightning bolt at CL 10 then used the channel power mythic ability?

Is it [(60)+(10d6*0.75)]*1.5 or do the bonus damage just stack like [(60)+(10d6*1.25)]

>RE:Zero
What is this?

At its core there should be some measure of personal responsibility, if you can admit that it's the government's job to correct each and every one of your mistakes then I suppose it's possible that I can cede that it's morally wrong to imprison vagrants or that there should be more sex ed in schools.

22+
21 and below is "Standard Operating Int Levels"
Below 18 is "What the fuck are you even doing?"
Blow 15 is "You're trolling, right?"
12 and blow is "This character is a mindless animal who lacks the ability to think for themselves and has to be hand lead everywhere. They are now an NPC. Please reroll."

So PFG is there any way by RAW to make medium or small homunculi?

For the sake of in universe descriptions?
Anyone with a positive modifier to their int score would be considered above average so a guy with maybe +2 or +3 int mod is pretty damn smart while a guy with 20 int is considered wizard material.

You're a wizard, aren't you?

Yes.

How? Could you Elaborate please?

By RAW, there's only one way in 1pp that I know of, which is a bit of a shame really.

Shame they had to make it such a shit archetype. Fucking artificial loli a qt too.

Tell me about Dhampir, /pfg/. What challenges do they face in society? How likely are they to hurt everyone they care about, even trying to help?

Can they get into Hermea?

Is it archetype only? I was hoping to make it a familiar.

Normal human averages is between 8 and 12. Above and below those is becoming less common. Your average commoner has a maximum of 15 for basic NPCs using the NPC array. An elderly NPC can have as high as 18.

Now a heroic NPC will have as high as 17 as a base, and as high as 20 when elderly.

So 20 is the highest for even a heroic normal human. Of course this is without level bonuses. Let us use an example of a heroic Expert, a master blacksmith, a level 8 NPC. He will likely have a 22 in his old age.

However a 22 is highly uncommon, it means you need to be both elderly and level 8. Level 8 is around when individuals start leading national level organizations. Think Hellknight Orders, influential cults, and governmental organizations like the Lion Blades.

Now the highest natural intelligence a normal humanoid creature can have is 25, but this is if the individual is level 20

I hope this could be of a little help.

You can also take it as an improved familiar.

Applied my man

A) There's a reason I didn't out you, but you've done that yourself now
B) "Your fetch quest goes wrong" is not a compelling conflict
C) You completely misunderstanding the character is not "adjusting it for the game"

How do you get a medium homunculi as an improved familiar? I thought they had to match the base creature, which is apparently tiny.

>if you can admit that it's the government's job to correct each and every one of your mistakes then I suppose it's possible that I can cede that it's morally wrong to imprison vagrants or that there should be more sex ed in schools.

>muh personal responsibility
I don't give a fuck WHY or HOW. Fuck that philosophical shit. Go argue that with your bishop or Iman or whatever.

I only care about spending the minimal amount of $$$ on shit like homeless degenerate or thirteen year old inbred pregnant hicks so that the country can actually invest in things that aren't a waste.

It isn't a mistake that conservative states use way more tax money than they provide(google it yourself hick). If you would all stop being uneducated idiots you would realize that the people you vote for are just robbing you for their own gain.

The rest of us, you know, the LUBERAL states that aren't fiscal parasites are trying to build a powerful nation while you are wasting our wealth.

No one cares.

>mfw favorite archetype is absolute dogshit outside of one particular summon gimmick
>mfw people in the party still bitch about me, because I have passable skill rolls and my daughter shrugs off all status effects
>mfw I have given up trying to homebrew something for either character to do beyond "shoot bow decently", because it just results in bitching

This is the least amount of fun I've had handling mechanics, yet the most fun I've ever had roleplaying a character/pair of characters.

You can make a regular Homunculus to be a familiar, but there is no way that I know of to make it small/medium sized outside of the archetype. Which sucks, but you can probably work with your GM to figure something out if you really want. I know I plan to do that.
So I can make one to watch out for another daughter my character is about to have.

Eh just polymorph it into a bigger version of itself until it reaches medium.

>liberals want the goverment to fix their mistakes
You do know that liberals want the government to fix YOUR mistakes right?

Liberals are richer, better educated, live longer, etc. Look it up. I have no idea why all of the poors somehow convinced themselves that they are the ones on top and liberals are trying to take their non-existent money.

Actually, given the focus on agriculture, we do in fact need to subsidize those red-states.

The problem isn't there.

The problem is where the money sent to them is going. Not only is the typical porkbarrel affair a thing, but these people are being convinced that A) what they're getting is NOT the blue states money, and B) they should vote away their welfare.

The TSA and other theater organizations are gargantuan cashflow sinkholes, but it's the unbelievable ability of bible-belt voters to literally vote against the money they need one day and then complain about needing more the next due to a disconnect of "welfare is bad my foodstamps and farm subsidies must be cut because welfare is bad but I need those to live" that leads to all that money being fucking pocketed before it gets to them. After all, it's long been taken away.

This has nothing to do with "left" and "right": Both the democratic party and the republican party are actually working hand in hand to further such economic atrocities, using tiny, minor wedge issues to keep everyone so busy they don't even notice both sides united decades ago.

What should I roll to torture someone?

>they still believe that finance and politics matter in an entropy-dominated universe

Piggybacking off this, is there a playable Homunculus? I was just imagining a Homunculus Promethean, trying desperately to replicate the miracle of his own creation using the scraps of his maker's notes he managed to save.

>I have no idea how
Literally mass media and religion (which is just an earlier form of mass media anyways). Repeat a lie often enough and even if it doesn't become true that doesn't matter; if it sounds good and convinces enough people, they'll consider it their truth no matter what.

So I have this idea of something I was to do in the Wrath of the Raunchy game is I get in:
>family has been fighting in the crusades for generations
>when we head out into the world wound as some point have my character find a helmet
>find out it was my grandfather's helmet and sword lost when he died
>had heard it talked about since my character was a kid
>next level I can take Additional Traits
>grab Steel Skin for the helmet & Heirloom Weapon for the sword

Is this too stupid of an idea?

>/pfg/ - Politically Incorrect
I miss the days when we could talk about Pathfinder.

[Spoiler]>Fuck you, I'm projecting[/Spoiler]

Best you can do is ask to refluff and actually play a Wyrwood, at least that I know of.

Both sides are full of smug cunts who think they're right about everything. Now fuck off back to /pol/.

So heal actually has rules for torture, look at the bottom of the page here:
>d20pfsrd.com/skills/heal/

Another option is intimidate.

Another option is actually just an attack roll and beat them.

But heal or intimidate, or a combination, would be good bets. Intimidate is more interrogation than actual torture though.

It's a cultural thing, mostly.
They all want to think that they're just one good day away from making it big and becoming millionaires like they see on TV or in the movies, and that's combined with the idea that they think it's shameful to be poor.
Gotta spend all that money on a big fancy car or a big-ass TV or some bling to convince yourself you've got spending money, and then you keep piling on lie after lie until you really believe that it's all the outsiders--west-coasters, liberals, northerners, brown folk, black folk, or whatever--who are the cause of your money being gone.

Which classes have Evasion (preferably as soon as possible)?

You mean when we all slobbered over the idea of what a big ol' nig--uh I mean orc, yeah, that's it--cock the latest waifu of the hour could hold between her tits?

Truly that was the golden age of /pfg/.

The Wilder has a thing that lets them deal exactly as much damage as they want.

>Precise Harm (Ex): The pain wilder can determine exactly how much damage she wishes to inflict on a willing or helpless subject. This ability cannot be used on creatures that are unwilling or not helpless. Whenever they have a minimum to maximum amount of damage to inflict – such as with a weapon – they can choose the amount of damage they deliver within those limits, including foregoing Strength or other bonuses to damage. For example, if a pain wilder with a Strength of 12 and a dagger wishes to inflict damage on a target that is willing or helpless, she could inflict any amount of damage between 1 hit point and 5 hit points. This can make the pain wilder an expert surgeon or an expert torturer. As such, Heal is added as a class skill for pain wilders, and they gain a +4 competence bonus on any use of the skill that involves surgery. Likewise, if a pain wilder makes any use of Intimidate that involves inflicting pain on the target, she also gains a +4 competence bonus on the check. The pain wilder’s ability to choose how much damage is inflicted applies in these circumstances. For example, a pain wilder attempting to remove a barbed sting that will inflict 1d6 damage on withdrawal would gain a +4 advantage to her Heal check to withdraw it, and could choose how much damage to inflict if successful or not.

d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/wilder/#Pain_Surge

You are mad as fuck.

Aegis. Psychoskin mode gets it to you at level 2.

I'm running a Ravenloft game at the moment. The players are currently travelling through the Sea of Shadows trying to reach the Core. They heard about a portal in Sithicus that will supposedly let them get back home. It's a trick of course, I just haven't decided yet whether this game is taking place while Lord Soth is still controlling Sithicus of after he had already left.

Rogue and Fighter.

I'm essentially doing the latter as an Android, looking for a possible way to revive their maker. At least this way I'm not entirely boned in regards to heals and not a midget. It is a bit of a stretch depending on where the campaign is set tho.

Dhampir that survive to adulthood are typically the offspring of well-to-do Ustalavian nobles, so they tend to face little challenges in society beyond queer looks and accusations of being vile bloodsuckers.

As for the other questions... That really does depend, what kind of Dhampir did you have in mind?

>Can they get into Hermea?

Yes, as long as they possess some genetic traits that Mengkare find useful. Remember, this is a guy that allows Elves into his nature preserve just to inject some longevity into the Human herd.

I wouldn't think so, you're burning a feat for two questionable traits. You'd just have to tell the DM so they can set up the hook for you.

>"Psychic Anthology was posted earlier"
>NOTRACE.PNG
>??????

Last thread someone posted DHB's UC gunslinger, anyone have a PDF of it?

The past week has actually been a return to the good old days of /pfg/, we really were able to find a nice mixture between petty popularity contests and genuine mechanical discussion.

I'm currently playing one in a campaign. I combined the Promethean Alchemist archetype with the Polymath template to use Path of War maneuvers. My GM was nice enough to let my Homunculous have access to PoW maneuvers as well - we use the Ranger (Ambush Hunter) as a base. So the Homunculous gets the animal companion's ability to use stances and maneuvers. She tends to use Steel Serpent maneuvers in conjunction with her Poison bite attack.

It's honestly a blast.

There were good animu pictures too.

Stalker Vigilante can get it at level 2.

It was ~2 weeks ago, here I'll spoonfeed this time

Speaking of this, now that DHB is official 3pp how would YOU, yes you random /pfg/ goer, feel about playing alongside a character of one of his classes in a /pfg/ game?

I'd whine and whine to the GM and raise such a shitfest until that character gets black-listed.

I'll take that over a bunch of deeply ignorant political spew, spoiler text'd for no reason other than faggotry.

Appreciated.

How can we fix the Medium? I fucking love the concept, and the flavor of the archetypes (like the Fiend Keeper or the Reanimated Medium) but the actual mechanics simply aren't very good.

What are some ways to salvage or improve this class?

>tfw your GM doesn't really want to look at PoW
>tfw it's too late to try to introduce it anyway

I don't even like Polymath, but I'd have taken it in a heartbeat if it meant having SOMETHING to do.

Play an Empath Medium or homebrew the other 30ish harrow cards.

Could you talk things over with your GM to see if he would allow you to take the Animal Ally/Boon Companion feats, but instead of getting an AC you would get a Homunculous companion? A Homunculous is strictly worse than an AC, so it would be a downgrade, if your GM was worried about that. It would let you play a regular Alchemist and still have access to a Homunculous for flavor more than anything else.

If i play a monk of the silver fist and go into fools errand how do i get my unaramed damage up to par?

What are the trip reports of playing with 2hu?

What are some character concepts you want to see done for Taldor Ascendant or Wrath of the Raunchy?

He's a sperg and I don't personally like his work, but I'll support him and purchase it after class to dump it.

Asshole that I am, I want more well-muscled monstergirls. Because fuck if it fits, that's my magical realm.