CYOA General

Last Thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

>Hydrokinesis [7], Purify [6], Deep Sea's Blessing [5], Weather Manipulation (Water) [4], Aerokinesis [3], Weather Manipulation (Air) [2], Divine Wind [1], Fountain of Youth [0]

Anyone need a healer/diver/weather controller?

Rolled 1 (1d2)

Assuming no dubs, I have to pick either potatoes or controlling spiders.

Dice, gimme a coin flip.

That's what you get for assuming, user.

Eh, I still get my potatoes pick and I wasn't that concerned about getting 88's deal. I mean, what, 88 unlocks both the black and red part of 8? What's that do for me?

no, 88 gives you 8 and any other option of your choice... namely potatoes or spiders.

No, it just gets 8 and your pick.

I want bug friends

baldy

Eh, my butt hair's gross anyway

Repostan build

I'd take all the peculiarities if I could, but for the sake of retaining some choices I won't

>Architectural Style
Gothic Parish

>Climate
Mediterranean

>Geographical Features
Woodlands, lakes, rivers, waterfalls, caves

>Living Accomadations
Cozy Cabin

>Residence Location
Outskirts

>Special Artifacts
Soft Blanket, Bronze Bracelet, Pale Ring

>Village Borders
End of Reality

>Occupation
Hunter

>Village Highlights
Galaxy Lake, Primevil Forest, Old Castle, Healing Springs

>Guides
Lonely Monster

>Uneasy Pecularities
Otherworldly Mist, Mystery Festival, Ruined Cathedral

After taking these, I'll add...

>Geographical Features
Marshlands, Rock Formations, Plains

>Special Artifacts
Rusty Dagger

>Village Highlights
Floating Islands, Crystal Caverns

I'll roll.

I'll take 6 as well.

Technically a WIP.

I'm not really sure what else could be added.

Too bad it wasn't completed, this had potential.

Hey guys does anyone have a very, very old CYOA where it lists 8-10 options with stats below them. One of the options is a physic that escapes an underground facility, another is a guy who turns into some monster and is telepathically linked to 2 others of his kind, and another is called the observer that is immortal but cannot interact with anything while gaining the power to travel anywhere he wants.

I could be wrong about a few things but last time I saw it was years ago. I'm currently writing a story and want to use it as a reference.

This one?

That's exactly it! It's a lot bigger than I remember. I appreciate the sauce m8, couldn't find it in the archives or on google.

(From The Last Thread)

>Gram, The Defender of Bleuria
-The Captain of the Guard
-Loyal to Princess Esther

>Personal Powers
-Superhuman Strength 3
-Superhuman Durability 3
-Superhuman Agility 3

>Intrigue Powers:
-Operational leeway 1
-Spy Network 2
-Uncanny Senses 2

>Leadership Powers:
-Historic Education (1)
-Environmental Degree (1)
-Engineering Degree (1)
-Combat Veteran (1)
-Inspiring Presence (1)
-Personal Steed (1)
((Tuskwolf))
-Chest of Gold (1)
-Secret Hideout (1)
-Tora Greenharbor (2)
-Alana Hesberg (2)
-Admiral Han Makai (2)
-Captain Ali Ornsten (2)
-The Age of Empires (4)
((Delvaria and Bleuria))

>Challenges:
-The Bones of the Earth
((+2 Personal Power))

"With all of my might, with all of my resources, and with all of my soul, I will defend her highness, her people, and this union of nations she has worked so hard for. May my steel be unwavering and my arrow fly true."

Honestly I forgot I saved it. Good luck on your story, I was going to do one on another cyoa here but I had my own probably unwarranted worries with it.

Architectural Style: North Vernacular
Climate: Subarctic
Geographical Features: Mountains, Plains, Rolling Hills, Woodlands, Volcano, Beachfront, Rivers, Lakes, Cave Systems, Waterfalls, Coral Reefs
Living Accommodation: Old Mansion
Residence Location: The Wilderness
Special Artifact: Fur Mantle, Yellowed Book
Village Borders: The High Walls
Village Highlights: Fairy Grove, Floating Islands, The Old Castle, Cloud Tower, Blossom Meadow, Primeval Forest, Crystal Cavern, Healing Spring, Siren Overlook, Galaxy Lake
Guide: Dapper Gentleman, Lonely Monster
Uneasy Peculiarities: Catacomb Depths, Mystery Festival, Ruined Cathedral, Wandering God, Endless Abyss, Nature Sprite, Decay City Ruins

In truth, it's probably a bad idea to take Wandering God and live in the wilderness.

You're probably remembering a different version. These were like island CYOAs, lots of similar ones and people editing them to their tastes.

I like the version where Evolved gets a tsundere waifu.

But how can it be "muscular" and "thick" at the same time

Praise kek

What?

rawlin'

Someone want escamoles n' chips?

Fuck it

Why not?

For that guy who asked last thread.

Oh boy

are the costs in this one cumulative? is rank three in the personal powers supposed to cost 3 or 6?

Architectural Style
>Hellenic seaside
Climate
>Mediterranean
Geographical Features
>Volcano
>Woodlands
>Beachfront
>Lakes
>Coral Reefs
Living Accommodations
>Cozy Cabin
Residence Location
>Far Outskirts
Special Artifact
>Shiny Marble
>Pale Ring
>Fur Mantle
>Bronze Bracelet
Village Borders
>Pocket World
Occupation
>Shepard
Village highlights
>Fairy Grove
>Primeval Forest
>Blossom Meadow
>Galaxy Lake
Village Guides
>Lonely Monster
Uneasy Peculiarities
>Nature Sprite

This was a really nice and comfy CYOA.
I'm going for almost a maximum nature build, with lots of animal stuff, though I can still make it to the main village if I want to. Gonna waifu the monstergirl and give her one of the bracelets so I'll always be connected to her. I probably find her when a lamb gets lost or something and I have to go get it.

Post.

Hey. I'm pretty sure I havent seen this one before.

Rural Japan. As an asia person this would probably be something I'd enjoy. I would like a bed instead of a futon though. Although for years and years as a kid I slept on a mattress on the floor so I guess I can get used to it.

Mediterranean. Living in California doesnt let me be acclimated to too much of a temperature range eh?

Woodlands
Rock Formation
Rivers
Waterfalls
Caves
All fun places to walk and explore and maybe raise/find/observe animals.

Old Mansion. Its big and for the most part, I just need to get a couple of rooms fixed up for it to be comfy enough.

Village Border. Close enough so I can still buy things and talk to people, but on the edge so maybe I have more land to play with and slightly closer to the interesting edges of nature.

Fur Mantle. I'd like to try to domesticate, or at least befriend, a few animals.

Bronze Bracelets, probably going to need a few friends. Especially if Some of us are exploring nature. We'd like someone to find us if we get lost.

Ragged Doll. Children are helpful and the most observant. And children become adults. Make friends with them while they're kids and I'll have a solid set of friends later on when I'm older.

.... None of these are exactly niiiice. The High Walls I guess? No particular reason beyond the possibility of something cool beyond it.

A guardsman I suppose? Free guard friends. Everyone wants to be friends with the guards. Right? I'll hang around people and go exploring on my days off.

Primeval Forest
Galaxy Lake
Cloud Tower
Fairy Grove

The forest and lake are bound to have interesting animals. And maybe I'll be good at talking to the fairys with my artifact. As for the tower, maybe I'll get to see whats beyond the wall?

To be cont.

cont

Smug little girl. So smug. I shall patted her. The doll will help.

Lets see. Wandering God, Nature Sprite, Ruined Cathedral.
None are particularly bad for me and I dont think god and sprite mean any harm. The cathedral seems interesting. Maybe I'll talk to a god.

Thats 6 extra choices. Lonely Monster, gonna help her find other monsters plus she's good in the wild.
Healing Springs for healing duh.
Pale ring to help with traveling.
Rusty dagger, more for the reaction time.
Beachfront for ocean
Coral Reef for more ocean.

> Rural Japanese Town
> Subarctic Climate
> Volcano, Mountains, Forests, Lakes, Rock Formations
> Tower Lodge Residence
> Town Center Location
> The High Walls Border
> Guardsman Occupation
> Mystery Festival, Wandering God, Decayed City Ruins
> Lonely Monster Guide, Nostalgic Chief, Christmas Cake
> The Old Castle, Primeval Forest, Healing Spring
> Pale Ring, Bronze Bracelets, Fur Mantle, Inviting Pendent

A small lonely village high in the mountains, protected by an inescapable wall. No Shogun or petty lord lays claim here, besides the gods in the hills. Even they are lonely and quiet.

But that peace can't last forever, can it?

god damnit you guys don't post rollers

>Architectural Style: Hellenic Seaside
>Climate: Tropical
>Geographical Features: Beachfront, Islands, Rivers, Rolling Hills, Coral Reefs
>Living Accomodations: Cozy Cabin
>Resience Location: Village Border
>Artifacts: Inviting Pendant, Pale Ring, Soft Blanket
>Village Borders: All Roads Lead
>Occupation: Fisherman
>Village Highlights: Healing Spring, Siren Overlook, Blossom Meadow, Galaxy Lake
>Village Guide: Nostalgic Chief

Ah, what a wonderful life.

>Architectural Style
Hellenic Seaside

>Climate
Tropical

>Geographical Features
Volcano
Beachfront
Islands
Woodlands
Coral Reefs

>Living Accommodations
Cozy Cabin

>Residence Location
Village Border

>Special Artifact
Shiny Marble
Inviting Pendant
Bronze Bracelet

>Village Borders
All Roads Lead

>Occupation
Hunter

>Village Highlights
Fairy Grove
Floating Islands
Galaxy Lake
Healing Spring

>Village Guides
Lonely Monster

>Uneasy Peculiarities
Wandering God

World_Meme_Database.exe

roll

Ok

Well, now.

>Running Free
>Twilight Zone
>Hallowed Be Thy Name
>Still Life
>Aces High
>Heaven Can Wait
>The Clairvoyant

Sure.

WEW
>Running Free
>Purgatory
>The Prisoner
>Sun and Steel
>Aces High
>The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
>Moonchild

>no be the hobo cyoa

Rural Japan
Mediterranean

Rolling Hills
Woodlands
Volcano
Beachfront
Coral Reefs

Cozy Cabin
Village Border

Inviting Pendant
Rusty Dagger
Fur Mantle

Pocket World

Blacksmith

Fairy Grove
Blossom Meadow
Crystal Cavern
Healing Spring

Christmas Cake

Iron Maiden: Transylvania. Vampire immortality and good looks ftw. Not speaking is hardly that bad a deal, especially in the modern era. I know I got immortality with other songs, but the main part of this is being able to create more vampires.

Killers: Ghengis Khan. World domination? Yes please.

Number of the Beast: Hallowed be thy name. Prophets had some pretty OP powers, even if you dont count Jesus. I mean, not to mention the fact that there are other religions with prophets as well.

Piece of mind: Die with your boots on. And now I'm unkillable, so long as I dont wear shoes. Just gotta make sure my feet dont get too cold I guess.

PowerSlave: 2 Minutes of midnight. Good for if I ever get caught / contained /trapped.

Somewhere in time: Heaven can Wait. Now I wont die by violent or nonviolent causes. Yay.

Seventh Son : The Clairvoyant. Looks like The Prophecy but I can direct it more and is just as powerful. KNowing the future will help me take over everything.

Step one, get rich on the stock market with clairvoyant and make a bunch of vampire slave/friends.

I didn't make this CYOA so I can't really speak for the creator, but when I made my build I just did 1, 2, or 3, not 6.

I hate life and its apparent lack of meaning.

Did I come to the right place?

Rolled 4, 5, 1 = 10 (3d10)

>Hellenic Seaside, Sub-Artic
>Mountains, Rolling Highs, Woodlands. Volcano, Beach Front, Cave System Coral Reef
>Old Mansion, Village Border, Librarian
>Old Castle, Primeval Forest, Crystal Cave, Siren Overlook
>Dapper Gentleman
>Catacomb Depths
They call her the Morning Pearl of the Frozen Sea, Argenta. Established as the secluded Royal Academy about three hundred years ago, it quickly became gentrified as nostalgic ex-alumni returned to live their golden years on it's calm golden hills. The city turns gold as the many palatial marble estates are illuminated by the gentle, slow marching sun. Long days, and long nights perfect for romantic dates and deep slumber. Excellent yet costly cafes and rotisseries.

A small mountainous range and a series of hills dotted by thick, strong ancient trees guard Argenta from the raging northern arctic winds. To the west lies the Frozen Sea; multiple surprisingly thriving ecosystems are to be found beneath the slowly moving glaciers thanks to a combination of hot currents, coral reefs, and subaquatic lava veins. The city itself is built atop these veins, making the very ground warm and it's multistoried basements cozy, and at times suffocating. Like a reverse river, the veins end up merging at Dragon Hill, a dormant volcano 50 kilometers east of the city. To the south, a small cove and gentle port and beyond that, the wilderness. There are a few sea routes that make arrival by ship easy but the return voyage a thorny business. And with no cities nearby, terrestrial travel to the mainland is suicide. Still, every month at least one merchant makes the journey to Argenta and, having made an astronomical profit from his goods, usually decides to rent a room or a palace and retire comfortably.

Local cuisine is heavy on fish, veal, berries, algae and bread baked in underground ovens. Merchants bring plenty of spice. Argenta receives huge stipends from the Royal House. She doesn't produce anything but the elite academia that keeps the country running. Every 5 years, students will start building the ship-caravans for their voyage back to the country. They will cross the glaciers of the Frozen Sea in their mobile houses, living off the fish and hearty soups. Upon arriving to open sea, they cannibalize their caravans to construct a massive barge to return to the capital. This is their Graduation exam. If they succeed they will live as part of the bureau's elite, administrators, master surgeons, generals, royal guards, etc. If they fail, well , the whole generation fails. This return voyage takes 3 years, under optimal circumstances.

Rollin'

The singer had cancer?

no

CYOA!

He got better.

I kinda hate myself so I think the first thing I might do is trick her into letting me take her illness away with the Heart of Darkness. I'll tell her that the offer to take my horribleness away is really nice, but first I'd like to take all of hers so she can have one good day before dying. If she accepts I'll take her problems away and just die.

You're among friends, friend.

Does this one have more than two pages?

Professor Lana Palandine
The Caller
Arcana 1 [Free]
Arcana 2 [2]
Arcana 3 [5]
Investigation 1 [Free]
Investigation 2 [7]
Weapon Skill 2 [Mai]
Wild Lore 1 [Free]
Wild Lore 2 [9]
Alchemy 1 [Free]
Alchemy 2 [11]
Alchemy 3 [14]
Charisma 1 [15]
Tradecraft 1 [16]
Tradecraft 2 [18]
Combat Skill 1 [19]
Crafting 1 [20]
Lore of Wind 1
Lore of Wind 2
Lore of Wind 3
Lore of Wind 4
Lore of Wind 5 [15]
Lore of Earth 1
Lore of Earth 2
Lore of Fire 1
Lore of Heavens 1 [20]
Spell Weave Clothing. [750]
Books [1050]
Specialized Tools [1450]
Academic Pass [1550]
Skilled Worker x2 (Servants) [1570]
Skilled Worker (Head Servant) [1580]
Skilled Worker (Chef) [1590]
Warhorse (Black with a white mane and tail) [1790]
Familiar (A small girl, pale, silver haired, silver eyed and dressed in white, capable of levitation, an air sprite shall we call her) [2090]
Gypsy Wagon (anyone else love the idea of caravan living?) [2290]
Horse (mottled gray with a black mane and tail) [2340]
Additional Gypsy Wagon x5 [3140]
Additional Horses x10 (gray/whit x2, black/black x2, mottled gray/black x2, black/gray) [3640]
Fancy Clothing (better to have them and not need them) [3690]
Traveling Supplies [3740]
Potions (healy stuff) [3890]
Supplies, any additional wagons and such.Whatever. I'm way under budget.
Some relic at or under 1000g but I have no idea what a relic is.
Lady Fillah of Shroudsong (travels with me in her own wagon)
Lady Mai of the River (doesn't travel with us. but I study with her for a time and go back to visit my old master now and then)
>(weapon skill and _____ ? And what?)
Hans Dahiman
Konnor
>(hans and konnor share a wagon)
Anna
>(party needs a hunter to compliment the cook)

Traveling the lands mostly. I guess at least one is dedicated to supplies and stuff, but the rest are home to one to two people. I want to bring my earth magic up a bit more is my only real goal aside from caravan living and seeing the sights.

If the selection and interaction of options doesn't make you think, then maybe CYOAs aren't for you.

What the hell, even the writing gives off a cheaply translated thailandese hooker vibe.

True, that doesn't really sound much better. But I feel there has to be something to make it more than just a regular camping trip, I mean, surviving out in the wild is literally the hunter's daytime job. The environment on the island could be made more dangerous, but that would just turn it into a Co-op adventure.

Other than that, conflict could be introduced by fighting over some kind of ressource. Maybe food is scarce on the island, such that it's theoretically possible to feed everyone with perfect distribution and rationing, but people will be naturally inclined to hoard and fight over it. The conflict then doesn't have to be with the intent of killing someone, so they may only fight to intimidate the opponent, but sometimes end in death.

Or it could be some not necessary, but unique and valuable third ressource that can be found on the island, maybe with some special extra rewards for the people who gather the most of it. This means you can generally just try to keep your head low and be relatively safe, but the ambitious people will start fighting over that stuff.

Fuck trying to encourage the culling any more.

It's no big deal. Perhaps the Culling is just a liminal time, an auspicious and dangerous time, full of opportunity and meaning for the god.

The stalwart should go about their hunting business bravely in service and celebration of their god, while the malicious would go out to kill their competition.

I'm not trying to encourage the culling, I'm just saying the current version is literally empty. It either needs to get some content, or removed entirely, I just don't see the point to this weird forced camping trip.

This town has a Hellenic Seaside style in an Mediterranean climate which is over looking the beach front with islands a little off in the distance; theses islands house the fairy groves. You can some time see their glowing lights at night from the Siren's Overlook.

There are plains in between the rolling hill; quite a few of theses hills are caved by dense enclaves of Primeval forests. Caves also littering the foot of them and some of them can lead to crystal caverns. But some of the caves do lead else where; some might lead to the Catacombs Depths or others might lead to a Endless Abyss.

My home is a cozy stone cabin on the village border, it's nice and peaceful. The cabin is on top of a hill and the view of everything is just stunning, you can almost see the hole filled High Wall with the forest of Decaying City from there. It's quite an important spot because it's really a guardsmen post to watch over all the farmers that dot the plains on the other side of the hill.

(Fuck it It's late and I can't think of a way to include the rest of the stuff in an more interesting way)

Shiny Marble, Soft Blanket, Pale Ring, Bronze Bracelet and lastly all the Villager Guides
Gonna make that Cake into a delicious milf

Hunting is suspended during it senpai.

If so I want more.

I thought it was just me.

there's gotta be...

I was discussing a potential fix. The starting point was the idea that there wasn't enough reason to fight, so naturally the solution would involve a change.

I've been homeless a couple of times. The hat would've helped more than you know. I'm being serious. Especially if it's a little on the heavy side.

Hellenic Seaside
Mediterranean
Plains, Woodlands, Volcano, Rivers, Lakes
Cozy Cabin
Town Center
Inviting Pendant, Rusty Dagger, Ragged Doll
Endless Expanse
Archivist
The Old Castle, Cloud Tower, Blossom Meadow, Primeval Forest, Healing Spring
Nostalgic Chief, Christmas Cake, Dapper Gentleman, Lonely Monster
Wandering God, Decay City Ruins

Helped how?

Hides the tinfoil under it

>Industrial Decay
>Subartic

>Mountain
>Lakes
>Marshland
>Rock Formation
>Cave System

>Tower Lodge
>Village Border

>Rusty Dagger
>Pale Ring
>Inviting Pendant

>Endless Expanse

>Archivist

>Old Castle
>Sky Tower
>Primeval Forest
>Galaxy Lake

>Nostalig Chief
>Smug Little Girl

>Ruined Cathedral
>The Old Guard
>DecayCity Ruin
>Otherworldy Mist

user, that just raises more questions.

roll

This is super comfy. I'll take the Gorhic Parish with Mediterranian seaside climate and be a guardsman.

I really WANT to take the Endless Abyss like it's calling to me but i wonder would i actually be able to resist it or will it be the downfall of me.

Hmm