/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Blaxploitation Edition

Previous Thread - >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A

>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/bucking-broncos-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
Have you ever stolen from B-Movies?
>Hard Mode
Have you ever stolen from B-Movies and had it turn out well?

FIRST FOR MAGE SUPREMACY

Second for Sin-Eaters are pretty strong

>Geistfag

A rare breed

When will Geist 2nd edition come out

>tfw no one wants to play Geist with me
It's the comfiest gameline even if it feels incomplete

1e was the 7th gameline to be released and they've only redone 4 so probably awhile

I wrote this song about Mages, how supreme they are and how I am a Mage

I wrote a script about how incredible Mages are and how they beat everyone else. Its been picked up by Netflix and will be entitled 'Dear non-mage people'

I plan on incorporating Hitler's brain in a future game.

>"people"
>non-mages being people

>mages not being subhuman mental derilicts with delusions of grandeur

>mage supremacy

Only true for entropy mages

Is he going to save the western world?

No thats mage PLAYERS.

Literally what is the point of these constant general threads beyond acting as a place for mage kids to get their M-MY GAME OF PRETEND IS BETTER THAN YOURS tantrums out

I also wrote a script involving a Mage and a Werewolf. It will only be available at specialty outlets or illegal file sharing.

This involves knots doesn't it

Shitposting.

It won't stop until everyone acknowledges the supremacy of Mage.

Here's my song then

You can't kill the Mages
The Mages will live on
Vampires tried to kill the Mages
But they failed, as they were smite to the ground
Werewolves tried to kill the Mages
But they failed, as they were striken down to the ground
Wraiths tried to kill the Mage hahaha
They failed, as they were thrown to the ground

No-one can destroy the Mages
The Mages will strike you down with a vicious blow
We are the vanquished foes of the Mages
We tried to win for why we do not know

Changelings tried to destroy the Mages, but the Mages had its way
Prometheans then tried to dethrone the Mages, but Mages were in the way
Hunters tried to destroy the Mages, but Mages were much too strong
Geists tried to defile the metal, but geists were proven wrong

Demons tried to be ahead of Mages but no one is ahead of a Mage
Mummies tried to cheat the Mages but the Mages were much to wise
Beasts tried to be friends with the Mages but the Mages spit on their faces
Yea!

Mages!
They comes from the Supernal!

Is "Doubting souls" any good?

One of the writers on that one has been set to handle Hunter 2e, and since Hunter is my favourite game line (Changeling is the only other one that really gets close in terms of consistent quality IMO) I'd like to know if I should be worried on that front.

The outline looks... dumb as fuck, and it seems they just want to cram as much stuff in as possible. But that may just be pessimism speaking.

They used to be great places to discuss the games until this "LOL MAGES ARE SO KEWL YOU GUYS" stopped being a weekly occurrence and became an hourly thing.
It still can be, when the people who are doing the memeing are asleep.

Do magefags actually enjoy being magefags?

Yes, although I doubt they are capable of thought beyond their circlejerks and shitposting.

I just read Changing Breed, for some reasons I feel like I have become more retard

You will forever retard

I finally finished We eat Blood. If you want to read a strange story in an amusing shape on your phone I guess it's alright, 6/10.
I you want a WoD novel, it's utter shit. There's little wod elements, and it shits on them by having you suffer through the ramblings of the vegan black trans thinblood writing how the Elders have it all wrong, and generation doesn't matter.

They should have called it We're freaks and all our friends are unemployed.

>They should have called it We're freaks and all our friends are unemployed.

That would have hit a little too close to home for the author.

>black trans thinblood

Wew lad

Gotta hit that diversity quota.

By the way, I got the impression that there seemed to be a shitton of Masquerade violations in the story, so how come no one was taking care of that?

>mage supremacy

Cause fuck the Camarilla, bunch of fascist Trump supporters.

Nines and his merry men were incapable of enforcing any sort of order after LaCroix died. To the surprise of absolutely no one.

Hang on, this is happening in LA? This is actually a sequel (of sorts) to Bloodlines?

I think it does, but I may be conflating it with Beckett's diary that's supposed to be released soon. The bottom line is that there's little to no Camarilla in the city and the anarchs start acting like a bunch of Malkavian antitribu.

Vegan black trans thinblood, user.

Yeah, in the story it's almost like the Tremere are the rulers, and there's this bunch of thinbloods that think they're hot shiy. No Camarilla, no Sabbath.

And no one has explained how vegan vampires work.

>vegan

What?

She eats celery, not blood?

Because LA.

It's stated that it's too big, too unruly and you have a thin blood who creates more thin bloods. Thus, the Tremere stepped in to inflict order upon the place. It's an ultra street level story. For all of it's other faults, I'll excuse that one.

Yeah, but why aren't the Elders and the like stepping in to cull the herd? No one really wants thinbloods in their city.

She writes that since her embrace, she feeds on vegan peoples. And she was vegan when alive.
No, it doesn't make sense.

I've not even played the game, but I can imagine it's something like
>If I identify as a vegan, nobody has a right to tell me otherwise, regardless of what I eat.

Yes it does, she's mentally defective.

>she

>trany
>mentally defective

Tautology.

Mages are supreme........ for breeding

Thin-bloods, more like SHIT-bloods, amirite?

This has gone on for two fucking weeks non stop.

If it was funny it isn't any more.

>mage supremacy

Neither is mage supremacy, but until it stops, we must keep giving them the knot!

It really doesn't make sense though. I mean, yeah it's funny and the persistence is admirable, but any werewolf who tries to rape a mage is in for a world of hurt. And any mage who wants it is probably a weirdo Thrysus apostate.

Also
>swastika
>stitches
>gears
Am I looking at a nazi fraken-wolf?

That isn't funny either, but replying to it with another unfunny joke doesn't make the situation better.

These generals are literally all shitposting now.

No he's just cosplaying

Might as well just pick a side, user. Dark times are ahead.

Increase in shitposting is a sign of Gehenna user

I love this

Perhaps because I'm already familiar with the original.

The only thing any of you get serious about is arguing about Mage mechanics. People have tried discussing Werewolf (both versions) and its 1-2 people shitposting at them. Vampire discussion automatically gets shitposted by people who think Mage trolling is the height of comedy. Everyone else either isn't interesting enough as a side splat to drum up more discourse, or they're waiting for a 2e version to drop.

You can really tell that some of these are new posters who may or may not have spilled over into here from Reddit and OPP Forums, or /v/ when the WtA game announcement went live. I would be surprised if it wasn't one of these three sources.

>OPP Forums

Better Veeky Forums than that thin sheet of ice.

At least wod still gets thread daily, Exalted and Scion are on the verge of death.

The Tremere could just orchestrate a massacre. Why are thin bloods still around?

>won't eat animals
>will eat people

Must be a crazy Tzimisce-descended Thinblood. Would fit with the tranny body mod theme.

Thin bloods are a metaphor for millennials

Yeah, but unlike killing millennials en masse, killing thinbloods won't get you in trouble.

I assume population growth and good old lack of manpower.

Say you have one Sheriff (and this isn't LA that seems to be lacking a power structure) and has two or three lackies. You can maybe kill two-three thinbloods every other evening, providing you can find them.

Some thinbloods are basically making shovelhead thinbloods. In We Eat Blood alone, the main character and his friend are sired the same night, along with who knows how many others. Said friends turns two others because she pities them. It's looking like the start of an epidemic.

And all the Elders seem to be 'busy' right now with an event no doubt soon to be covered elsewhere. Theya re getting 'Beckoned' East somewhere, and leaving fuckwits in charge.

>mfw the new WoD Vampire plot is Elders enlisting a shit-ton of Hunters to deal with all these retards running around threatening to collapse literally everything.
I've not played the game, are there any thin-bloods smart enough to realise that running about doing obvious vampire shit is going to get them torched real quick when the humans get their shit together?

LA was an Anarch hellhole, so that probably explains all the thin-bloods if the Camarilla and Sabbat fucked off.

That's such a gay handwaving excuse to get them out of the picture.

>can't have my retarded millennial empowerment game without getting rid of all the somehow less retarded Elders

>tfw I'd much rather play a low gen neonate fighting for his life over a shit metaphor.
it's not fair.

inb4 it's Caine or one of the Antediluvians calling them and just wiping the slate clean so that people new to WoD can jump into the roles that the Elders filled before, despite being high generation and thinblooded

Cappadocius pulled this shit with his own people in Kaymakli.

>are there any thin-bloods smart enough to realise that running about doing obvious vampire shit is going to get them torched real quick

Short answer? No. Not one.

>LA was an Anarch hellhole, so that probably explains all the thin-bloods if the Camarilla and Sabbat fucked off.

Well, Bloodlines was what, a decade ago? Given the Tremere still have a presence, the only thing we can be sure of is pussy Prince go boom. Lacroix was mentioned, and VV is apparently still around, but on my particular run none of the Anarchs were mentioned.

That, or there is something bigger going on, and this was a fringe story. Really, the events in LA take place over a few nights, so it could just be handwaved that retribution just hadn't fallen yet.

Shouldn't gen Z be thinbloods? Millenials are more like full-strength Caitiff 13s and 14s. The iGeneration is the Thinblood, since they're the last before Gehenna

>being this old

Get off the computer, gramps. It's time for your meds.

Hopefully a nice Lasombra qt will seize power and exterminate the riff-raff.

It really does reek of this, unless it's explained well later. It wouldn't have been so bad if the thinbloods weren't basically every strawman left-wing millennial in one. I could perhaps have gotten behind the idea of playing a persecuted thinblood, trying to survive in a hostile society. Instead we got a mayhem playground of thinbloods, and all the Elders are on holiday.

If I understood correctly, even the main antagonist is a fledgling who was buried for a century so his power could grow. Who was then left in charge. Is that about right? because it didn't seem to make much sense.

Man, I fucking hope not.

Man, I hope so. As long as Damsel... and I guess Nines, make it out safe.

Maybe? Fuck if I know.

Yeah, but the writers are millennial, and not Gen Z. The biggest issue is that it's generally snowflakes that are drawn to WoD. It's something I've had to deal with.

I think I'm the only none-Goth/subculture, not-left-wing, pro-Trump/Brexit ect of all the WoD tabletop gamers i know. I was drawn to the franchise by the Judeo-Christian background, interest in horror movies, and an interest in vampires.

By description of the thinblood main character and her friends they sound like whiny, entitled millennials to me.

>I think I'm the only none-Goth/subculture, not-left-wing, pro-Trump/Brexit ect of all the WoD tabletop gamers i know. I was drawn to the franchise by the Judeo-Christian background, interest in horror movies, and an interest in vampires.

Nah, you're far from the only one being interested in VtM/VtR because you like vampires, and not politics shit.

It's just that the internet can be a giant echo chamber, with confirmation biases everywhere.

>Zillah
ZILLA?!

I feel ya, man. But the degeneracy is all over the industry, not only at OPP

Sure, but I mean in real life. My gaming circle has around twelve people connected to it, around six who are interested in WoD in more than a 'its something to play' sense, and two are hipster geeks, three are goths, and... me.

Any of the goths hot?

Gramps, I'm serious. The doctor says if you skip your doses you'll start reliving Korea again

Man I would take the old 90's goths in a heartbeat over the current faggots this is trying to pander to.

I'm more of a Neo-Bolshevik myself, but I can't really relate to the Flannel Tranny set. They just don't care enough about economic justice or class warfare.

That's what wod was and started out and has no intention of changing. I mean you have to deal with the fact that you like something that was not at all catered to you.

got to pander what you believe your main audience is

Nines was a cool dude. He could probably talk some sense into the Caitiff losers.

I want to marry Lilith!

You really think a few lines about a shitty mobile VN is compelling evidence for anything?

Of course they don't user, that would require personal sacrifice and possibly risking life and limb for the equality they desire. The current brand are from the decaying white American and European middle class who were left to their own devices on the internet at a young age.

It didn't start clicking with me until I had to actually work a lot of shitty blue collar jobs while putting myself through college, just how important those issues are. As someone who *wants* to be a leftist faggot, I can't find a lot of reason to sympathize with the younger millennial minorities in their echo chamber, nor the older Boomer and GenX ones currently engaged in our politics.

I won't be surprised if I turn into some kind of post-neocon libertarian in the next decade or two, say I d on't trying to live out in a cabin in the woods away from all the lunatics.

As if Caitiff are good for anything but the torch

Wasn't she cursed by God to fall in love easy, but never to be loved in return, or at least loved for a short while and then abandoned?

Nines is a two-bit player unfit to lead anything larger than his merry men. Isaac was the most powerful anarch in LA.

Just dedicate your life to destroying Capitalism. It's the only sensible approach.

Yes basically.

I'm not that old dammit
You don't think they're using thinbloods railing against systems they view is unjust as a blatant metaphor for millennial activists? The only way they could be more blatant would be crying about "generation privilege" or "thinblood lives matter".

God damn Commie retards.

I try to be more active in local politics and vote on state matters. Otherwise I'm a packrate and act like a huge Jew about my finances. My coworkers are bewildered when they find out I have no debt. I also rent which has been a losing game so far but I'm not in a position to get a mortgage and I'm thinking about looking for work in the boonies anyway, even being an hour out from a major city costs too fucking much nowadays thanks to fucking Amazon bringing in Hindis and neckbeards like locusts.

He's not me. I'm the gramps you talked to earlier. And I'm not even that old anyway. Only 40 years old.

I'm only 31 right now. You feel like your creativity has dropped or you've slowed down at all?