Horus Heresy General - /hhg/

Yo dawg, I put your edition in your sub-edition

Exotermic, used needle pistols, Magnus did nothing right, FNP train has no brakes, HH memes, chinacast claims another victim, legion transfer students, yo primarch is so fat they don't fit in a rhino, SW magic is a religion of peace, pronunciation autism, camouflage is for cowards, no shields for tartaros,

>SOON TO BE OBSOLETE, ALL GLORY TO THE SCANON
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMc1612765
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thought about it, but they've been out there a while and I may well want a couple casts of the skull. Also easier to work with resin if I want to shorten the legs down to Warhound length, slicing bone is not an exact science. Also going to have to greenstuff up some muscle and connective tissue, with cybernetics, and make a body. I have a few ideas.

I do have a spare leg, though. Looks like something ran off with leg #4.
Was thinking of removing the back part of the skull and having the roof of it be magnetised and removable, so I can make a cockpit with Princeps.

What is that disgusting degenerate furry doing on the noble Leman Russ ?

Can anyone provide a rules explanation? So Medusan Immortals can exchange bolters for chainswords, but isn't it pointless because of their boarding shields? Is it just a case of classic Forgeworld editing, or does BP+CS """technically""" not count when they restrict

>"models equipped with them cannot claim the extra attack for being armed with an additional close combat weapon"

Also, whaddya think of the /wip/ Immortals? I've yet to shade most of the metals, but I'm liking the armor so far. For basing the idea of Agrellan Badland with that cool toxic sludge thing Duncan did a few days back seems like a really good contrast, especially with the two shades of green wrapping it all together.

I'm probably going to wash this in simple green, but what do you guys think of the wolf like lenses? Too tacky?

Pistols count as an additional close combat weapon in an assault. So yes, the chainswords are a pointless upgrade. But it would look cool I guess

It looks ... EXTREMELY derpy. As in meme material levels of derpy

Is he supposed to have only one hand?

Correct.

>look cool
Sadly, it actually looks really retarded. The sarge is holding a sword now, but originally I tried a phalanx-style thing where he's stabbing through the shield nook. It looked dumb, and with a chainsword it'd only look worse.

Those eyes look really, really tacky. Just do normal.

Also, you might wanna change the blood. If his hand got chopped off, then the blood wouldn't be so thick and condensed, or he'd be dead. Maybe if he was holding someone's head?

You should greenstuff some loose skin or flesh from the gauntlet, the cut looks too clean imo. Not much, just a little bit.

Lenses don't work for my money. They look like he's smeared them with marmalade.

What this fellow human says. Or, if you want it to seem a clean cut from a power weapon (say) you could do a burnt effect across the face of the stump.

>implying furries aren't constantly on top of leman russ

Yeh I think I'll try stick a tiny wire rod into the stump in 2 places, and then snip it short, paint them bone white. Then I'll ad a tiny dab more blood. Thanks for the good ideas.

Anyone actually play with the Warhound Titan ever? What's the general opinion on how to equip one? Seeing as I'm getting some Titan Guard for my Reductor, it would fit nicely if it's not an unstoppable ball of cheese.

Yeah now that I look at it, it looks more housecat, rather than like a wolf.

Here's the tier for warhound loadouts
>two laser destroyers
Cheese, although if your opponent is bringing a titan himself it becomes acceptable.
>one laser destroyer + one other weapon
This is fine in my opinion.
>two non-laser weapons
Slightly underpowered.

If I even get one it will have a laser destroyer and a plasma blast gun. That's a fairly big 'if' though ;_;

There's only one correct answer.

OK, shiny. Seems best to magnetize the arm weapons anyway. Plasma Blastgun and Turbo-Laser seems nice, tossing out two Massive Blast S8 AP2 shots will probably mince marines, or charge it up and decimate a Custodes deathstar. Don't think it will be in Titan duels that often, but there will certainly be enemy heavy vehicles and aircraft for me to worry about.

That's what I'd do, which Legio?

Can Solar Auxilia do a tank company well?

Man, I wish they had more esoteric weapons. Some kind of giant rad-cannon, and those too. Weren't they basically anti-Titan harpoons?

I suspect bait, but hell yes they can. Pretty much the best one in the game, too. 18 squads of Horde-munching medium infantry in 5HP Vindicators with Flare Shields as troops, Malcador Infernus chem-flamers with Preferred Enemy and Overwatch in the Heavy Support slot, Stormblades with the same, Russes with volkite cannons...

Not bait, I just wanna break up my painting marines. Any advice on how to avoid park lot lists? I love White Scars because I always keep moving with them.

That's what I plan to arm my Warhound, Tonitrique with.

Lotara is blonde, not brunette.

This triggers my lore autism.

Loretism?

I'm not too familiar with the titan legions yet, haven't read up on their fluff too much.

>Weren't they basically anti-Titan harpoons?
Yes

What's happening at your hobby HQ

Why was there so much Emperor's Children talk in the last thread? It's just a bit weird to see so much of it happen all at once in these threads.

OK, that's cool. Not sure how I'd go about making or statting out one of those, though, if I felt like going homebrew for the scratchbuilt Titan. Weapon arms will be magnetized, so I might make some custom ones.

Not sure how I'd do the body, especially since there's got to be a reactor in there somewhere.

Probably going to be Legio Kydianos or Legio Vulturum, since my Knight is House Malinax, so one of Xana's legions makes sense. Not sure which to pick or what colours to use.

Finishing up the BoP set, for soem reason keep rushign to get the big guys built and forgetting Ive got 30 marines and 2 characters to paint.

is this 2155/2500 TS list too powergamey? I avoided spamming tons of Sekhmet and didn't include either Ahriman or Magnus (or even a Lord of War) but this still feels like I'm being an Eldar tier cunt

Guard of the Crimson King: 2,155

HQ
Praetor, Mastery Level 3, Force Weapon, Combi-weapon, Cataphractii Armor, 225 pts
Raptora / Biomancy
Elites
10 x Veteran Tactical Squad, Mastery Level 1, Sgt with Artificer Armor/Power Fist, 210 pts
Corvidae / Divination
10 x Veteran Tactical Squad, Mastery Level 1, Sgt with Artificer Armor/Power Fist, 210 pts
Corvidae / Divination
Troops
5 x Cataphractii Sekhmet Terminators, Force Axes,Combi-weapons, 280 pts
Raptora / Molten Beam, Levitate
5 x Tartaros Sekhmet Terminators, 4 Power Fists, 1 Chain Fist, 285 pts
Raptora / Levitate, Psychic Maelstrom
5 x Tartaros Sekhmet Terminators, 4 Power Fists, 1 Chain Fist, 285 pts
Raptora/ Levitate, Psychic Maelstrom

Fast Attack
1 x Dreadclaw, 115 pts
1 x Dreadclaw, 115 pts

Heavy Support
1 x Leviathan Siege Dreadnought, Grav Bombard, Siege Drill, AC, Phosphex, Drop Pod, 430 pts

Lack of magnus makes this manageable

If I made a custodes army, I would only use guys with spears. No swords, no shields. Anyone else?

It looks like the "JUST" eyes.

Not terribly painted otherwise, but you overdid it with the blood and I'm not entirely convinced by the weathering (though it is better than my earliest attempts before I decided to drop it and stick with the shiny-clean look).

emperor bless. how would you fill out the remaining three hundred points keeping with the "drop assault" theme?

flyers

The spears are shit though and it makes more sense that they'd be using swords and shields in the field. the GUARDIAN spears are ceremonial weapons to protect the Golden Palace.

Kek. Hope you boys are ready for the Death Guard treatment.

>go through baneblade bits for a project
>look through all my boxes
>there's like stuff for 3 baneblade hulls

Huh, when did that happen? Are they multiplying via mitosis?

Also, does Blood and Skulls have any retail outlet in Europe? I wanted to get some bits, but with postage, taxes and customs, I'm looking at almost 100€ for a few things. I really want to make more than just a stock GW tank and I don't know any other company that makes Baneblade bits.

Actually the guardian spears are far from ceremonial weapons, and one of the best weapons the Imperium can produce. Shields would be more effective to protect the palace, as fighting in corridors means that the enemy can't just flank you and make the shields pointless. But because rules =/= fluff in the game it is the wrong way around.

Gotta open up dem borders for papa Nurgle's blessings.

The apothecaries will be busy, and everyone will be busy trying to read their hand writing.

Has any TS player contemplated the idea of an aggressive melee, pavoni/pyrae list with bikes and assault marines? I'm not sure how effective it would be, but i figure it would hit people in unexpected ways.

Thinking of starting a joint Iron Hands/Mechanicum list, but for starters will just put together the IH section. Does this seem like a decent core for an army? If you think the symmetry is a bit OCD, may I remind you which legion this is.

>Iron Hands (Head of the Gorgon)
Praetor (paragon blade, iron halo, cyber-familiar, digital lasers) - 180

15 Tacticals (vexilla, AA, power fist) - 210

15 Tacticals (vexilla, AA, power fist) - 210

10 Supports (volkite chargers, extra CCWs, AA, power fist) - 220
Rhino (pintle multimelta) - 50

10 Supports (volkite chargers, extra CCWs, AA, power fist) - 220
Rhino (pintle multimelta) - 50

2 Apothecaries (AA) - 110

2 Rapiers (2 laser destroyers) - 110

2 Rapiers (2 grav cannons) - 150

Vindicator - 120

Vindicator - 120

>Total - 1750

Tactical blobs (each with apothecary, one with praetor) and rapiers start on the table, and either lurk in deployment zone or trundle up the middle of the table. Both support squads and both vindicators outflank (hopefully having 4 units will be insurance/redundancy for the lack of reserve manipulation or Acute Senses). Oh, lack of anti-air is due to the low points level, and the hope that the mechanicum will provide that at higher points levels.

On that note, how cancerous would an allied detachment containing both a Thanatar and a Vultarix added to the above be? I love both models, but I know both have a bit of a reputation, and together may be even worse. My thinking would be that with no LOW or terminators-inna-spartan in the list the big automata would be my "deathstar" representation, but I worry about being cheesy.

Strikes me as maybe just riding the line, plenty powerful but with certain weaknesses, both thematically appropriate. It depends to what extent you abuse levitation+maelstrom to turn your termies into mobile Vindicators that aren't weak against charging and have 4++ invulnerable saves covering 10 wounds. That would be very very cheesy, if you kite everything your opponent tries to charge you with, and put large blast ID AP1 on them if they try to shoot.

It will flatfoot certain types of armies, but I think you could possibly find yourself flat-footed by others. The things I see that differentiate it from similar PotL drop-pod+termie+leviathan lists are the psychic powers, which are an unknown quantity in practice to me desu. It seems to me if the enemy can avoid getting BTFO by the early alpha strike (difficult if PM is pulled off twice), the challenge is dealing with the MSU 2-wound terminators.

An important question to ask is what would YOU build if you were told to build an army against this?

Thank you.

Finished painting and basing my Apothecary.

Ravenguard Plague-doctor, stylish.
Nice work user.

Also based the DG dude and took pics with good light.

Neat Docmarine you got there.

Well, the tax on that is two Castellax and a Magos Dominus, although you could also bring Scoria if you want to deal with said Spartan Deathstars. I see no Manly Manus in there, or anything that would pose too much of a problem for an elite melee unit, so two Wrecker Castys with the Praetor, a Magos with a Machinator hiding with the Thanatar and one or two Vulturax should be fine, and lets the enemy not feel like their antiair is wasted. It is wasted, because the cutedrones are immortal haywire gods, but it's nice to give them hope ;).

If you want less tax, although Castellax are good bodyguards, just take 20 Fearless Carapace Adsecularis, which are also excellent obj holders and a tarpit only beaten by Militia Levies.

1 Vulturax should be acceptable, considering you have no other real AA, though 2 or more should really be avoided unless your meta is Armoured-Breakthrough-Up-The-Wazoo or Deathstar: the Spartaning.
A Thanatar and a Vulturax combo is strong, but manageable in most games at that points level.

>Breitbart

Still pretty worrying. But let's not get into a skubwar. Let's talk about something thread related. Imperial Army predictions?

Cool, thanks guys. Relief to know it should be fairly acceptable, and will stick to just the one flying haywire bug.

Had been leaning towards an adsecularis blob over castellex, but will do a bit more reading on that choice when it comes to it.

Knocking out the last 10 of 15 tactical marines.

It would be nice to have them expanded but I don't see it happening. I fear Militia & Cults is all we're going to get.

Tallarn is the best shot for them though, if they get anything more, it'll be there.

Beakies as plaguedoctor apothecaries is the greatest idea ever. Nice work.

Anyone got that snap of the extract about the pseudo-(?)Saturnine armour the shattered legions were using, and could you tell me which book it was from?

How about the New England Journal of Medicine?

nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMc1612765

>m-muh fake news

Just make them half Militia and half SA.

Be warned that using Adsec will cost your other robots a point of initiative and make them harder to control, but since neither Thanatars or Vulturax should be in melee and the Magos will be with the Thanatar which is the only thing that needs control really, shouldn't be a problem. Wasn't there some way your HQ can take a Cortex Controller? Not sure about the specifics, but it could come in handy if he's with Castellax, then your Iron Father upgrade allows him to restore their wounds with Battlesmith and they won't run off and start punching Levies.

Don't overspend on the Magos, either. Naked 75pts is fine, but I would recommend a Machinator Array, it does so much for 25 pts. T5, Night Vision, Inferno Pistol and/or flamer as an extra shooting attack, 3+ Battlesmith for your Thanatar and tanks, and 2 extra Shred Armourbane Power Axe Attacks in melee, which helps if they try to lock up the Thanatar.
Other than that he's fine base.

It's from Deeds Endure, in the Meduson trilogy.

I know calling it saturnine triggers some people, but for me the name hardly matters. If it's not saturnine, then that means there's TWO weird & funky terminator armours out there that we could get minis for one day, long in the future.

>trilogy
Anthology. WTF brain.

true, but then they've got to be careful to balance them properly, otherwise they'll either render SA and Militia pointless, or be pointless themselves

I know, but it could be fun to figure it out.

Why are like the last 10 threads Leman Russ related, what did I miss? What did you meme loving fucks do now?

Thanks.

I personally get the feeling they're different than Saturnine, even if they serve the same function. Those sound like they could be a unique unit for the Salamanders and Iron Hands, built ramshackle by them Mark5-style because they care more about getting revenge than following Mechanicum design and requisition procedure.

Had been considering paragon-of-metal-ing up the thanatar when I eventually get one, mainly for Rampage so it's harder to tarpit, but also to solve the control issue. But, I don't know if you can actually do that in an allied detachment. I didn't know the choice of compulsory troops affected other stuff (e.g. initiative of other robutts) for example. Like I say, need to do a lot of reading on the mechanicum, they're really different as a list so need to make sure I've got all the foibles nailed down when I actually start collecting that part of the army.

PoM is IIRC not denied by the Allied status, but seeing as you need a Magos anyway, who does the same job of adding attacks and control, as well as healing him on a 3+ rather than a 5+, all it really does is pay 35pts to make him riskier to use Cybertheurgy on, because it means occasionally he'll go rogue, drop that S8 AP2 Cover rerolls large blast on your head and charge the nearest thing. Cybertheurgy without PoM is far safer, and making him shoot twice sometimes or restoring wounds with Ld checks is amazing, as is double-tapping the Vulturax for 6 BS5 Haywire shots. Read up on Cybertheurgy.

If you have Casty squads of 2 or more as Comp troops and a Dominus as HQ (And you will) the allied becomes a Cybernetica Cohort, where you get double cybertheurgy and control range and +1I on all robots. With Adsec you lose those as it's then just a regular Taghmata detachment.

this. if you want to ally in a thanatar this seems like the way to do it. it's a little more expensive, but if you don't mind keeping the castellax as backfield darkfire cannon guys it makes the control issue ezpz. attaching a dominus to a thanatar is also a great combo, since it lets the HQ hide in his majority T8 and LoS! to his 2+ armor.

That's, er, that's quite something. Will look into all that, thanks!

So which Primarchs were actually psykers?

The obvious ones:
Magnus
Sanguinius
Curze (constantly saw visions of the future to the extent it drove him mad)
Lorgar

Minor psychic abilities:
Corax (could will people not to see him)
Lion

Anyone I'm missing?

They all had something even if it isn't stated. Pert could always see the Eye of Terror could be seen as one.

Russ was probably the second most powerful after Magnus

All of them to a degree barring angron.

Stop trolling. He was never implied to have any psychic abilities.

It's hard to say whether that was his brain damage though.

Are you retarded m8? At Shrike fighting alongside the Word Bearers and Thousand Sons, Russ let out a psychic howl that was so powerful it flat out killed a bunch of Thousand Son psykers. Then at Prospero Russ was able to shrug off psychic attacks like nothing.

Lion?

No, he never used psychic powers, he only ever called on the spirit of Fenris.

Well that is also certainly possible since the spirit of Fenris is a real thing

When did Guilliman and Dorn show any psychic powers?

He could sense the psychic shenanigans during the short story where he punched based Nemiel's head off.
It's hard to say whether it was an "active" psychic power like Magnus and Lorgar freely made use of, but he could definitely detect the warp, and had an advanced form of "Adamantium Will". Makes sense given how he's famous as a hunter of warp-tainted monstrous creatures. I see his rules in Angelus as giving him a special form of psychic resistance and preferred enemy (Monstrous Creatures).

~t. king of the furries

I want to make a SU crossover campaign and I got the plot ready. But first, do you believe this is a viable setting?

Very much had some sort of psychic abilities. He had some really powerful psychic barriers in his mind to the point where even fateweaver while reading his mind could not sense that Lion was about to stab him. Curze also had a hard time sensing anything about Lion's future.

Basically, he had weapons grade autism.

Right, I didn't pick up on that when I read that story. Pretty cool.

how much of a nightmare would it be to make plasticard boarding shields for plastic marines?

New lore proves the Spirit of Fenris is a thing.

Happy birthday to me..

The new 40k lore is non-canon from, er, an arbitrary point I just picked. The introduction of the tau, yes, that'll do.

Happy birthday to (You)

>£388 in FW.

Fucking poorfags get off my thread REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So why can't Russ phase in and out of existence, if he has a magical cloak that lets him do that?

>pass into the realm of the dead
That lets him travel to the warp*, not phase in and out of existence.

*I meant Fenris' afterlife, Wolfhalla.