So, are their sales dipping or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fGx6K90TmCI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's like you don't even know their last quarterly profits were higher than they even dreamed.

>13 Purity seal.

Thanks GW

That pose, though. It's not just me, right? It looks really unbalanced, like that eagle statue head is just begging someone to give it a kick from under his foot and topple him right on his face.

His face kinda looks like someone already did that to him, actually.

Robby G is on dialysis

>level of opulence not normally entertained by the Mechanicus
Since when? Did the Mechanicus miss all those new captain and Sternguard vet models?

His right foot is not bent enough/his torso is not leaning forward enough to support that pose. GW should really stop trying to force dynamic poses.

That bling was likely done by chapter techmarines and artificers.

Mechanicus supply them a clean plain suit and then centuries later it's covered head to toe in bling and purity seals because Space Marines are secretly all Xzibit.

No. This is a lead in to a major new edition of the game. They aren't blowing up the universe entirely, ala AoS, but they are heavily disrupting the status quo we've had for decades.

>they are heavily disrupting the status quo we've had for decades.
I don't like that.
>laughtrack explodes.

>This is a lead in to a major new edition of the game. They aren't blowing up the universe entirely, ala AoS, but they are heavily disrupting the status quo we've had for decades.

They've already used plastic Mk IV, plastic Mk III, plastic Tartaros, and plastic Cataphractii, so they have nothing left to keep up the profits they're earning but to try AoS shit

>I don't like that.
That's why you're an autist. If you lurk on Veeky Forums you'll know wanting change makes you a tasteless faggot and not wanting change makes you a neckbeared autist.
No middle ground.
No exceptions.

>Apple comes out with a new iPhone
>So are their sales dipping or something?

So do you not know how publicly traded companies work or something? Can you tell me what EPS stands for?

yo dawg I herd you like flamethrowers, so we put a flamethrower in your bolter so you can flamethrow while you bolt

It looks like it's easy enough to modify

why does he look like the cancer woman from orange is the new black

>Apple comes out with a new iPhone
That happens every year, though. This is more like if they suddenly came up with a games console or a blender... or something? This analogy is shit.

>Space marines are designed to be near-indestructible to the point that extensive genetic modification is used to fuse their bones and protect vital organs
>Critical life support system controlled by exposed rubber wires on the back

I can't believe how much of the ugly radiating off that model was from the squat. Like, this is acceptable to me. Not what I want at all but I'm not upset either

>40k, a setting for stories to take place, largely unaltered since 1988, is now changing dramatically
>in any analogous to a computer company updating their hardware to technologically superior versions in a constantly advancing industry.
You're retarded.

>Miniature company coming out with a new miniature

Wow how new, never heard of, Im shocked!.

That right foot standing like that is triggering my autism.

Why he even needs them? Some chap is going to go like "I see you are a primarch and our Spiritual liege, but I'm not sure you're pure enough!"

Why are you playing dumb? I don't get it. You know it's not a miniature, they're advancing the fluff forward which is something they rarely do. It's not only girlyman.

You're the retard for not even realizing this is the THIRD fucking Gathering Storm release, the first two which already changed the setting, AND we had that Wulfen campaign and the Magnus shit that changed the story too.

You're asking about the IPhone 7 when Apple started making iPods and iPhones instead of primarily computers decades ago.

>the Chaplain wasn't tall enough to pin it on his shoulder so he had to hop up and down repeatedly and managed to slap one on his ass

>life support system

there's something odd about guilliman but i can't put my finger on it. i'm really curious about how he was healed.

>You're the retard for not even realizing this is the THIRD fucking Gathering Storm release, the first two which already changed the setting,
Stopped reading here. Anyone who makes assumptions this wild is too retarded to be argued with.
Not only are the assumptions insanely unfounded, but it also shows how little you pay attention to the community because people have been makes these jokes since the Wulfen showed up.

It's a miracle you can type really, unless your daily helper's typing.

6/10 Got me to give more than a (you)

The swirly golden details just remind me of Tzeentch

Also, jesus christ, how many fucking eagles do you need?

All of them.

Emperor had purity seals.

it's hand designed by Cawl as well. you know he put his robotic heart (literally because he has a few) into his husbando's armor.

get out of here guardsmen and give us your eagle on the way out

>It's a miracle you can type really, unless your daily helper's typing.

I swear to god this little shit just sits there reading Veeky Forums all day and dictates the stupidest shit for me to type

It's actually a "kick me" sign written in high gothic

It's only being mostly destroyed along with the fundamental concept of the setting.

>but it also shows how little you pay attention to the community because people have been makes these jokes since the Wulfen showed up.

Why must you turn this thread into a house of lies?

I am the one who actually likes this.

I feel like those life support cables might be kind of extremely important to keep on the inside of the armor.

>Idolatry
>In the name of a god who never asked to be one
Why is this surprising to Guilliman? He was around for a thousand years after the HH. He would have been around long enough for the Ecclisiarchy to start assimilating other cults and wars of faith between rivals cults.
If anything he should be happy that at least that department has, more or less, settled down under one roof.

>Expecting GW to put fluff consistency over DRAMA and ANGST
user prease.
Also the autists who still think new 40k fluff is worth buying want "Not Muh Emprah's Vision ;_;" which they won't get if it happened when it logically would.

They probably slapped a few on his armor before he was revived and he can't see the one left on his ass to remove it.

>okay who the fuck covered me in wax and scrollwork?

Oaths of Moment are a Legion tradition, where Marines would write out either a deed or a vow on a piece of parchment and then place it upon their armor. It's as much a psychological and spiritual reminder for the Marine himself as it is a display of his devotion.

I think that was the case though? While (last I recall) Guilliman's exact moment of being put in stasis is unclear on the timeline, he wouldn't have been around when the Ecclisiarchy really started doing that.

It wasn't really until the Nova Terra Interregnum did they actually become a real power in charge of the Imperium. During Guilliman's time active there would have definitely been cults, but nothing of any real power.

The Ecclisiarchy became the state religion about a thousand years after the HH ended. Unless he got his throat slashed within a couple centuries, he would have definitely been around for inter-cult wars of faith.

Is that fucking Cyphas on the left???

Cyphas? No.
Cypher? Yes.

I'll take plastic Deredeo next instead, thanks.

Dynamic poses should be left to Forge World, they can do much better with a simple pose.

Okay, and sometimes sexdoll mouth like Fulgrim, but you take the good with the bad, again just like Fulgrim.

Sure is. He's gonna ride the Guilliman Rage Train all the way to Terra.

>Living Babe Celestine gives you her Iron Halo
>Your dad's eagle covers you with its wings

Guilliman must be ultra comfy

Thirteen. Because he's the Thirteenth Primarch.

They're doing a thing. Although it'd be better is they did a triskaidekaphobia thing, where the number 13 is represented 13 times on the piece.

I so fucking hate that the new depiction of primarchs are fucking giants, even compared to space marines.
it just feels stupid to me. even the upscaled custodes was a mistake in my opinion. they should have been a tiny bit taller, with the primarchs being one head taller than the marines and it would still convey an air of epicness.

He's a giant because he's in a giant suit.

>The Ecclisiarchy became the state religion about a thousand years after the HH ended
guilliman has been in stasis for 9,000 years, they mention it a few times

chances are he was what was keeping the ecclesiarchy from being a legitimate power in the Imperium

Thanks for the correction! Please forgive me, but I seem to be out of the loop. I haven't heard anything about him in the new narrative. Does anyone know what his motives are? Is he now best buddies with big G? How did that come about?

It's like one of those bands that go around a woman's thigh, it's meant to symbolize virginity.

>Can you tell me what EPS stands for?
It's when the bean counters are calling the shots instead of the creative types.
Public listing (and the pressures that come from it) are a bad idea for a company that is involved in creative endeavors.

he doesn't look much bigger than the others in that pic to me, just closer

>Guilliman must be ultra comfy
Must be nice.

>Does anyone know what his motives are?
No.

>Is he now best buddies with big G?
No, they also make mention of that in the WD articles. G money doesn't trust him.

>How did that come about?
All we know for now is cypher shows up before guilliman heads to earth and wants to tag along.

>largely unaltered since 1988
RT->2e was a bigger shift in gears than this
2e->3e will likely also be a bigger change than this ends up being

3e and 4e also introduced a shitload of game changers. It's not until 5e/6e/7e that the setting actually bogged down and stagnated. get off of lawn

they've pretty much alwaya been huge compared to regular marines. Alpharius and omegon where notable because they werent massive compared to their legions.

Kinda funny how a band around a bare thigh is super fucking erotic even when you have no idea what it means.

Maybe the purity seals are for the armor?

>G money doesn't trust him.

Unless they totally fuck this up, which they probably will if Black Library is any indication, this means Cypher isn't trustworthy.

Guilliman is an expert at reading people. The four Primarchs he respected most and felt would help the Imperium most all stayed loyal.

His new model is pretty slick

>Unless they totally fuck this up
I'm pretty optimistic compared to the other two releases. Eldar deus ex machina bullshit aside, the characters in play are all super interesting even when handled by mediocre authors.

apparently even Lufgt Huron shows up

>Ultramarines: "Lord Guilliman, our noble genesire, you have returned to us after all these years!"

>Guilliman "My legion. I have returned from from the brink of death. I am proud of you, and together we will march forward in the name of..."

>Custodes: "Hey G-boy wanna hang with us?"

>Guilliman : "Hell yeah fuck these blue bitches!"

>Ultramarines: "D...dad?"

>tfw unique shoulder armor is my fetish
>tfw Templar Brethren, Cypher, and Geigor are all plastered with chapter-specific icons

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Belt fed pistol kind of pisses me off. But I like that he has older armor. Also is that hood bolted to his head?

>one DA icon on the belt buckle
>plastered with chapter specific icons
????

>apparently even Lufgt Huron shows up

>chest skeleton
>DA winged skull
>everything on the backpack

>skeletons are DA exclusive
the sword is a problem, but space marine backpacks are completely modular

PLASTERED

>Wings on his back
>Halo on his head
>flaming sword
>"Why does everyone keep thinking we're gods and stuff? I don't understand it! Now come my angels of death! Let us do battle with these daemonic hordes!"

That drawing's good because it tones down the superfluous ornamentation on his armor and also his goddamn chin.

No, they got a new CEO about two years ago. As far as I can tell this is the first major 40k initiative entirely under his watch. Sales have actually been actually dramatically up, although they were down for a few years.

It evokes the "old" bolt weaponry seen on CSM.

I like him with a helmet and the filigree dialed back a bit.

I'm just writing off the armor as unsalvageable at this point. The only good things about the model are the helmet, iron halo, backpack wings, sword, eagle pauldron, and the chestplate/power fist if only it weren't filigree-laden.

those are generic imperium enough that it doesn't matter.

>People complain the FW model was too plain
>People complain the GW model is too overdesigned
Maybe this is why Games Workshop have stopped even pretending to care about their players.

GW nuked their own forums like fifteen years ago. It's probably the most sensible move I've ever seen a tabletop wargaming company take.

It really is a mess though.

>he's the leader of the whole Imperium now

Exactly as he always wanted ,the smug shit.
Seriously, are they going to let him run the show now? What of the Imperial Cult then?

Cadia id ded, so what is the plot going to be now?

youtube.com/watch?v=fGx6K90TmCI

>Space Marines are secretly all Xzibit.

That WOULD explain the Grey Knights Babycarrier.

>Was tempted to get back into 40k for a few moments thanks to promise of plastic Sisters and the Genestealer Cult stuff.
>GW goes and does this.

I think painting them green may work

Holy fuck you fixed the model by just recolouring the swirly detail to it looks like the main sections of plate are just marbled.

Nice one, we should spread this. I want to see plenty of the model painted in this style to tone down the bling.

that was done weeks and weeks ago, when the model was first shown by GW

Looks bretty good

They moved the plot forward in Fantasy and their sales shot up. It doesn't take a financial genius to consider that a similar move in 40K would net similar results.

I'm not a fan of the pose but I'm even more bothered by the scale. I swear to god with the current trend we're seing we're all going to be playing inquisitor by 2020.

He's pretty much the same size as the FW guilliman. I don't like the super-size primarchs either, but manletgron aside they're pretty consistent in size.

I'm just happy GW decided to include a helmet in the box.

I'm not a fan of super-size anything but I don't remember the whole "primarchs and the emperor are 10 times bigger than everyone else" being a thing 10 years ago.
That coupled with the slow base size increase we're seeing across the board (the last SoB releases being on 32 instead of 25 mil bases for instance) is weirdeing me out a little bit.

What the great googily fuck?

They progressed the plot line?

When was this?!

>I don't remember the whole "primarchs and the emperor are 10 times bigger than everyone else" being a thing 10 years ago
ten or twelve years ago is sort of where it started, actually

also 32mm bases look way nicer so I don't really mind that change, even if rebasing shit is a pain in the ass

What do you mean? Not that I'd complain.