/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

Guess I'll make the fucking thread edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for Lord Fyr

Previous Kalpa

Other urls found in this thread:

imperial-library.info/content/dreadful-theft-suns-dusk-ale
uesp.net/wiki/Category:Morrowind-Items-Potions-Beverages
uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Potions#Beverages
imperial-library.info/content/pocket-guide-empire-and-its-environs-first-edition
imperial-library.info/content/dwemer-history-and-culture
imperial-library.info/content/ancient-tales-dwemer
youtu.be/UbkqE4fpvdI
youtu.be/U2q3dqOaMt0
hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/markydaysaid/492440/TES-St.-Alessia-and-Morihaus
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Guess I'll make the fucking thread
Cheers.

While we're at it, let's discuss alcoholic beverages in TES. Any good booze lore?

imperial-library.info/content/dreadful-theft-suns-dusk-ale
here's a fun text

uesp.net/wiki/Category:Morrowind-Items-Potions-Beverages

uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Potions#Beverages

>Ancient Dagoth Brandy Snifter: A glass specifically designed to serve Ancient Dagoth Brandy in, it concentrates the bouquet and intensifies the flavor.

>Dagoth Endus: [Dagoth brandy] is a rare nectar beyond compare, distilled ages before your ancestor's ancestors. And a fitting toast to our challenge. Would you like to sample it?

>The Imperator then stirred, and Shonni-Et made move to love him, with now Sed-Yenna cleaning his feet with sponge-felts from the Pyadon. And Reman gave his acquiesce, willing his blood into brandy for his younger wife to drink...

>Olaj Olo the demi-god of Mead
>Wine-Wives
>wine-knives

>you'll never have a mere sip of Ancient Dagoth Brandy
>you'll never feast on delicious corprusmeat

What a Fredas!

I was in a thread yesterday about elves and one user brought up that he wished D&D Elves acted more like TES elves.

I'm sure he means how elves act in the lore, because in the games their behaviour is fairly generic.

How would you say the many different kinds of TES elves act? How different is that from the perceived behaviours of D&D elves?

>How would you say the many different kinds of TES elves act?
Along the lines of their culture and depending on factors like
>what era it is
>what year it is in that era
>what sub-culture they belong to
>what their religious views are
and so on.

Dagoth Brandy: so good, it'll melt your face!

*enlighten

That's pretty vague, im looking more for specifics.

Then you'd have to specify all the above. A 4th era Thalmor and a 2nd Era Orc arn't going to act similar in any way.

You should read the First PGE for a general overview.

imperial-library.info/content/pocket-guide-empire-and-its-environs-first-edition

But, for example, take a Dunmer. When is it? Velothi Exodus? High Velothi Culture? Resdayn? Morrowind under the Third Empire? Who's being worshiped? The Three Good Daedra? Almsivi? The Anticipations? The Reclamations? What House? What social caste? Velothi underclass? A priest? What kind of priest? Tribunal? Which one? Or maybe a Dissident?

A great deal of effort has gone into defining culture above race in TES.

>How different is that from the perceived behaviours of D&D elves?
This is a little easier to address. I don't know much about D&D, but my impression, and this is also the way that TES used to be (which as based on D&D originally), is that they're more of a Tolkien stereotype than actual fleshed out cultures.

Whoops, I meant to quote The reason why TES elves are different is because during the 90s a few writers looked as TES and thought, "let's change this."

Threadly reminder Kagrenac did nothing wrong

Threadly reminder that Azura is a bitch

Threadly reminder that Dagoth Ur did nothing wrong

wake up

Threadly reminder that Black Marsh is a shithole that needs a huge fucking dike, and a genocide.

Why are Hagravens able to grant a blessing of a Daedric Prince, though in a much stronger and more controlled manner?

who is this statue of?

And who is this statue of as well?

DELET THIS

Because most witches consort with Daedra.

Arena shouldn't be considered an Elder Scrolls game.

Not necessarily lore related, but I just deleted all my saves and made a new character. I'm surprised how fun Bosmeri Lover Custom-Thieves are, even if you have to quicksave and load constantly to try and get people to look away from what you're stealing.

Also, the women are qts. Might just make a qt patootie for a mage and another for a warrior too.

Yes, but why are they able to give the blessing without the downsides such as lunar-based transformations? Just seems strange.
>The statues one sees throughout Valenwood and parts of Hammerfell and Elsweyr that seem to be of a misshapen humanoid carrying a rod are of Ius, the God of Animals.
I'm not sure that one has a name.

fuck
you

>"Dark magic"
>There are downsides, they're just not implemented in game.

Take your pick, but most likely the latter.

Why the fuck is itso dead? Am I in Coldharbour?

Speaking of coldharbour, what daedric plane seems like the comfiest? Hard mode: No Sanguine

Moonshadow.

Sanguine's whorehouses hardly sound comfy

I know, slowpoke.jpg, but what the fuck was up with Miraak pulling some Dagoth Ur-esque shit?

Hircine's realm if you're a hunter of any kind, unless he decides to Most Dangerous Game your ass.
Dragonborn was made to sate Lorebeards and CHIMsters so they'd stop spewing ash yams all over the Bethesda forums.

Is there not a common behavioural thread connecting them all?

What is that?

Not really.

Well, ssssort of, but it's not behavioral. It's metaphysical. They're generally connected by the thread of the Aldmer, that being the thread of the Anuic/stasis/gnostic of varying levels. The Dunmer just did the opposite.

Racism. But that's TES in general.

Yeah, but everything in tES is in some way related to the metaphysical.

Don't listen to these plebs. The behavioral commonality of Elves in TES is disdain for humans, duh.

>How would you say the many different kinds of TES elves act?
Depends on their culture. And what you count as an Elf.
There is no uniform answer.

Wasn't expecting to see this up so early on a Friday.
Also none of them are truly comfy.

Meridia's Colored Rooms, pre-ESO version. Glistening towers and fields, everything is warm, bright, and fuzzy.

The very definition of comfy.

I-is this the place to discuss a TES-related art project I'm doing? I needed to ask about mythical/archetypal symbolism of TES figures. If not I can delete this

Ask your questions and get your answers!

What are you working on, user?

this pic should explain everything

Is this canon?

Is it canon that some Cyrod under a fake name retold existing stories or sometimes just made them up and published it as a scholarly work? Yes, and there are other books complaining about it.

Well, want to illustrate a TES-based tarot deck using significant figures from the series/lore as the appropriate cards & I've reached an impasse. I'm just at the deciding phase & there's a few characters I can't place. I have:
Fool: LDB
Emperor: Talos
Hierophant: probs Uriel
Lovers: ALMSIVI or Alessia+Morihaus
Chariot: Numidium
Hermit: Sotha Sil
Wheel of Fortune: Aurbis
Hanged Man: Lorkhan
Devil: Dagoth Ur
Tower: Red Mtn
Judgement: Nerevar
World: Mundus (or just Nirn)
I'm at a loss with the other cards and can't figure out Vivec, Aka, & Alessia, Morihaus, and Pelinal. If any of yall have any input, I'd love to hear it!

I figure Vehk as either the High Priestess or Temperance tho

I'm pretty sure there's been discussion about this in these threads before, actually.

>The Magician
Magnus, Tharn, Zero Sum.
>The High Priestess
Alessia.
>The Empress
...Alessia.
>The Star
Mnemoli the Blue Star.
>The Moon
Masser and Secunda.
>The Sun
Also could be Magnus.

Consider Wuulfharth for Strength, and Vivec for Temperance.

The Empress could be Hestra, it's reaching but she seems to have been fairly renowned. The only Alessian ruler worthy of note for, like, two millenia.

She's a good choice.

Does anyone know if the dunmer cantons like those of Vivec and Molag mar are geometrically sound? Or do the basements of the upper mansions contradict the waistworks?

imperial-library.info/content/dwemer-history-and-culture
read this and the publisher notes on
imperial-library.info/content/ancient-tales-dwemer

Though the publisher note in the ESO version is of course a literal retcon.

Tower would probably be Adamant ( but we don't know wbat the actual adamant tower looks like underneath the layers of bad graphics Breton architecture hanging off it like an ill-fitting suit) or white gold, or one of the actual "The Tower" star sign illustrations from the games.
...Or if you want to get cheeky, take a front-on photo of a wagon wheel and slap some filters on that bitch.

The Heirophant should definitely be Marukh

As in, would they actually fit inside the dimensions of the exterior model? Or if it was possible to build in real life?

Dimensions of the exterior model, and do the various interior instanced room-cells overlap each other in impossible ways.

Oh fun fact about that, some games don't even need overt loadscreens to overlap in defiance of physics. The original Jedi Knight had levels that were literally impossible geometry using only behind the scenes loading.

>Yes, but why are they able to give the blessing without the downsides such as lunar-based transformations?
Isn't the downside that a Briarheart can have their heart ripped out of their chest and die? Through pick-pocketing anyway. Also they're undead.

Briarhearts don't really have anything to do with Werewolves or Hircine.

>Briarheart can have their heart ripped out of their chest and die
I mean so can every other creature.

Can't see all that inner light and glory if there's a face in the way, after all. Probably why Ash Zombies are why they are.

not through pick pocketing. their heart's exposed.

Generally speaking, it seems like the interior cells tend to be slightly larger than would be possible, but that's just what I've gathered from reading forum posts about Morrowind modding.

Any links on hand or not really?

I misinterpreted the question. I thought it was a comparison between Briarhears and Werewolves and how the Briarhearts seem to be much better or something. I forgot the Hagravens were involved with the Skyrim Werewolves.

You got it.

Just need to level Sneak more.

It's just something I recall reading on the TR forum, sorry.

So why do they put the elephant mask on later?

You're kind of mixing up gameplay mechanics with lore here.
I mean, there's some beefy stitches keeping that heart in place. It's not just an open wound, and you couldn't get it out without tearing it out.

For the jazz.

youtu.be/UbkqE4fpvdI

Can we loop this around somehow and tie Jazz/funkjazz and Dagoth Ur together and make a case for him being an avid Katawa Shoujo player and lilyfag?

>Dagoth
>Dwemeboo
>Dwemer
>Tonal architecture
>Blinded the Falmer
>Lily, blind

It's like pottery.
youtu.be/U2q3dqOaMt0

/esg/ and touhoufag, two of Veeky Forums's natural wonders.

Hlaalu - business and diplomacy
Redoran - maintaining the traditions of the settled Dunmer and, more specifically, the way of the warrior
Telvanni - Recluses who provide nothing
Indoril - Keepers of the religion
Dres - Provide slaves and tend to crops
Dagoth - ??????????????????

Hlaalu - Businessmen
Redoran - Warriors
Telvanni - Magicians
Indoril - Battle mormons
Dres - Farmer crimelords
Dagoth - Priests

The freshest beats in all of Morrowind.

Telvanni provides the best enchantments. Some specialty items are sold in Balmora where the shop keeper even mentions this. They also provide bug musk and the greatest riding insects there are.

>Clan Indoril claims kinship with all three of the legendary Tribunes, which doubtless accounts for Indoril's preeminence among the five clans. Indoril's capital is Almalexia, also the capital of Morrowind itself, and the Tribunal priesthood (which is one and the same as the bureaucracy of civil government) is dominated by the Indoril and their subclans. Clan Redoran guards the western flank of Morrowind, and are known as the best warriors among the Dark Elves. Clan Telvani is the most xenophobic of a xenophobic race, shunning all contact with outsiders, preferring to tend their herds of giant insects amid the rocky hills and islands of the extreme northeast. Telvani bug-musk is a highly prized perfume among the Dark Elves, and their riding-insects command the highest prices in the markets of Almalexia and Narsis. Clan Dres rules the southern sweep of Morrowind, where the fertile Deshaan plain merges with the swamps of Black Marsh. The Dres are the great slave-traders and plantation owners of Morrowind. Thousands of wretched captives, mainly Argonians but including not a few khajiits and even Imperial citizens, pass through the infamous slave-pens of Tear, the Dres capital, from whence most find an early death on the plantations which surround that ill-omened city. Clan Hlaalu is the smallest and weakest of the five clans, clinging to Great House status in their ancient capital of Narsis. Traditional enemies of the Indoril, who have controlled the levers of government for 3,000 years, the continued resilience of the Hlaalu must inspire a certain respect. Merchants and traders in a land that despises outsiders, the Hlaalu nevertheless maintain a limited commerce with the Empire, trading stout Imperial broadcloth and Cyrodilic brandy for the elegant trinkets produced by the admittedly skilled craftsmer of Morrowind.

Those other houses don't even have bells.

The middle east gets a lot funnier if you start replacing random factions with morrowind houses.

No one can even compare to House Dagoth.

Post current characters

And of course the silliest place to see discussion of TES lore: hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/markydaysaid/492440/TES-St.-Alessia-and-Morihaus

What was the original again?

TES lore and Evangelion are two of the weirdest forms of quasi-public freemasonry springing up in the current public consciousness. I think it's because people who fell in love with one or both are now old enough to start sticking their creative cock wherever they want, so you get a lot of bleedover in media, find weird little conversations like that one in the oddest corners, etc.

>Indoril - Battle mormons

nice indentation

>battle mormons
wtf

>Stranglehold on the government
>Unfortunate predilection for religious office
>Part of a family of 'gods'.
>Magic underwear

>Stranglehold on the government
Hlaalu has a stranglehold on the government. We have a Hlaalu as king.
>Unfortunate predilection for religious office
You mean like nearly every faction in the games?
>Magic underwear
where?

Morrowind > Daggerfall > Arena > Oblivion > Battlespire > Skyrim > Redguard > Mobile games

> Arena > Oblivion
Nostalgia is one hell of a drug.

i played oblivion then arena
i have no nostalgia
I played the games backwards. Skyrim, then oblivion, then morrowind, then daggerfall, then arena, then battlespire