/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Occult Edition:

How knowledgeable or skilled in the occult ways is your character. What kind if creepy dank dark rituals and scenarios have you been in?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
PS: Avowed is getting big changes soon(ish).

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1138626
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDEbsZpweDo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rinka's knowledge of the occult is unmatched! She is a great and powerful witch and anyone that says otherwise is wrong! She's an EXPERT. For real.

Whoops, was supposed to be a picture of John Dee.
That's what I get for phone posting

>Phone posting the OP
The balls on this guy.

Hey all, we're going through some more checks, but SoM's playtest should be happening sometime next week as long as everything holds strong. My playtest game is going well, and I'm looking forward to seeing any other playtest games that happen so we can fine tune everything perfectly.

Sadly Preview 3 is really out of date, which is why I haven't been checking it that much, but we'll be working to make everything much more concise and fun for the full playtest.

I don't know, there's something charming about a knight who thinks "occult mysterious talents" extends to "holds the sword the wrong way".

I fully trust her expertise! After all, she seems so brilliant! I'd love to work with her!

>being this unaware of kunst des fechtens

Ain't the first time, sometimes it just gotta be done.
Not that hard either, just cumbersome

Then he's no true knight. A true knight would know how to end them rightly

>Not a kitsune
I want /5eg/ to go home

>Sadly Preview 3 is really out of date
Maybe that means 2hu will stop shilling his awful touhou-only hyper-optimization RAW-autist-GM playtest game since any feedback from it will be irrelevant.

>when there's no kitsune in the OP

Based.

>holds the sword the wrong way
user, I...

Oh I'm aware it exists. But that knight didn't; clearly, it's occult lore to him!

So all this sexual stuff in pfg
Is it usually contained between players or does the GM participate

>no Kitsune in the OP
>no Kitsune in Dragons 2
>no Kitsune in Hell's Vengeance
We may have weathered the storm.

Considering she's a Pactmaker [Occult Scholar], she's the occult expert of the party... as well as the expert on everything else, too.

"Sir Dee, you may wanna get your eyes looked at."

Are you screwing an NPC?

Guess I'll make one for RotRK.

That is what I asked /pfg/ in indirect way
Do players screw NPCs and/or do stuff while everyone can see

generally not where everyone can see, no

>made a kitsune for Molthune Knights
>didn't get in
>turned out to be bambozzle
Not even mad.

Now for the Hell's Vengance applicants. Mechanically what does each applicant bring to the party? What skills/abilities do they have that could help the party?

So one could GM for /pfg/ and not have to bother with it?

BAMBOOZLES

yeah if you don't want it don't do it

Yeah it's your call dude

>the only Kitsune PC you know of in a /pfg/ game might as well not even be a kitsune at all

god damn I hope so

A true hero.

Well there's four damn skill monkeys. Three of which have some flavor of Investigator. And then you have Dr.Evil who tosses out Pokeballs.

stop rumormongering, humans only here, shoo

Saoirse best girl.

How can Okatsu even compete?

First you have to summarize what people already in the party bring to the table.

There was a kitsune in LotLK too who was trying really hard to be completely human always and forever.

That was a Huldra, though?

The troll wife was the same way!

No, there was a huldra and a kitsune, if I recall correctly.

Would really appreciate it if the "big changes are coming to the avowed" test could be left out in the next copy/paste of the OP. The big changes already happened.

[s]no reaction images on my phone. So have bird knights instead [/s]

A 6-man gestalt game probably can't avoid heavy skill overlap. Probably better to ignore that part entirely unless someone is doing something particular with a skill.

There was one of each. The huldra was an exhibitionist, diving naked into the water in one of the first sessions, while the kitsune wanted to keep her nature hidden from the group.

There was an adorable runt of a Fox and a sophisticated Huldra ojou-sama.

No, the one who swam a mile topless was the skinwalker, due to and I quote, "the armor would have weighed me down", despite there being enough room for the party to take a raft if they needed to.

That wasn't the Huldra, that was the wolf-girl, a Witchwolf Skinwalker.

Huldra had class, wolf-girl has spunk, and the Fox had cute.

>one of each
Huh, fancy that.

>Exhibitionist huldra, diving naked into the water
Wouldn't she get waterlogged?

The Witchwolf just looked showing off her chest desu, like any proper woof.

When does that close again? I always try to aim close to deadline.

Tuesday.

Already closed user. They've picked, now they just want more characters to apply to reap the disappointment.

>TFW not sure how to feel about finding artwork of bizarro world Onryou

Boobs aren't big enough to be Onryou.

>muh half swording
I still can't believe that retards think this works

paradox of character art
you got infinite amount of character art for possible concepts, but never the exact one you want for the one you are making right then.

>tfw none of the PCs ever realized the lady they were dealing with was a Huldra and not a normal human

They were convinced there was something up with her though, random young human women don't just live alone out in small log cabins in the middle of a haunted forest. They always expected her to come after them with the axe she had hung over the fireplace. It's just that they figured she was probably an evil witch or something, instead of guessing a fey woman.

Its over.

I made the sheet i'll never use cause >2ND CHARACTER

I can nap now.

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1138626

So, what would be a good excuse to say to the guards so you can infiltrate the castle of the evil count for a rescue mission?

Probably like half of that infinite amount of character art would be too lewd or too snowflake to use for a normal character though.

So really, it's only an infinite of half the size of the infinite amount of potential character art. Not all infinities are created equal.

>infinite amount of character art of concepts
HAHAHA
HAHA

HAAAAAA

Just act confident as if it should be obvious you need to be let in. When they stop you, take a step back, cross your arms and look at them like authority.

Doesn't Sylgja try to fuck one of the party members?

That's why you make characters based off art instead of finding art for them.

I take it you're having difficulties finding appropriate art?

Just be Chelaxian.

i found it, its just funny to me.

Huh?

Not Sylgja, I'm making my own campaign and not running Reign of Winter. There just also happened to be a Huldra in it.

Huldra are randy as fuck, even for Fae. I'm surprised she didn't try to enthrall one of the party members to be her sex slave, then normal slave, then supper.

She was dedicated to her dead totally not dead, transformed into a giant wolf monster husbando.

Also, the entire party has abysmal CHA except for the kobold sorcerer, and even he only has 13 because he's got the Sage Bloodline.

Is this Shadowverse!Onryou, BuddyCop!Onryou, or Nothingspecial!Onryou?

Huldra are one of the nicer varieties of fae. So long as you mind your manners, there probably isn't anything to worry about.

Probably being the key word there, of course.

I'm pretty sure all three of those Onryou are still fuckhuge. No this is another animal entirely.

What equipment should have a bounty hunter?

Oh shit that's from Dungeon Fighter online (specifically the Rogue artwork)

Probably just equipment that is wanted for a crime and has a bounty on its head.

Manacles!

>Three female apps I like
>Male apps are all kinda ehhhhhhh
>Already have a three female party
>Not even a fuck damn futa
>Want to avoid tuna salad

If anyone wants an easy way into HV, making a dude who takes his cues from DIO, the Pillar Men, Loki, Vader, Bob Page, or some similar over-the-top villain would get you far. Or make your female character a futa, I can go 1 guy 1 futa, 4 girls.

Ok, first the existing party and their roles:
>Shizuka
>Combat role: Offensive Melee Combatant
>Skills: Little bit of face skills, handful of knowledge skills, survival, spellcraft

>Yori
>Combat Role: Offensive Caster/Melee (I think)
>Skills: Profession (Barrister) for face, Dex skills

>Dierdre
>Combat Role: Offensive melee Combatant
>Skills: Bluff/Diplomacy/Sense Motive (nothing else is filled out)

Now the applicants:
>Lyra
>Combat: Support melee combatant/buffing
>Skills: Face Skills, Disguise, Sleight of Hand, Sense Motive, Perception, UMD

>Yuria
>Combat: Defensive Melee Combatant
>Skills: Acrobatics, Bluff, Intimidate, Stealth, 1 rank in every knowledge

>Lucius
>Combat: Defensive/Control Melee Combatant
>Skills: Perception, Diplomacy, Sense Motive, a lot of skills with 1 rank (intimidate, bluff, climb, survival, swim)

>Fleur
>Combat: Honestly have a hard time figuring this one out, pretty sure it is Offensive Melee Combatant/Ranged
>Skills: Ton here, every knowledge, face skills, dex skills

>Saelonu
>Combat: Offensive Melee Combatant
>Skills: Craft Alchemy, Stealth, Acrobatics, Appraise, bunch of 1 ranks (knowledge skills, heal, sense motive, perception)

>Talathel
>Combat: Support/Buffing Caster/Support Melee
>Skills: All knowledge skills, face skills, spellcraft, appraise, linguistics (bunch of 1 rankers, mostly in knowledges)

>Zeno
>Combat: Ranged Combatant (that's a first)
>Skills: Craft Alchemy, Disable Device, Heal, Perception, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Planes, Religion, Nature

>Mikhael
>Combat: Offensive Melee
>Skills: Intimidate, Bluff, Diplomacy, Perception, Stealth, Sense Motive, few 1 rank knowledges

>Nefarious
>Combat: Summoner/Battlefield Control Caster
>Skills: Disguise, Arcana, Engineering, Nature, Alchemy, Handle Animal, Disable Device, Appraise, Linguistics, Spellcraft

>Nazri
>Combat: Melee Combatant
>Skills: Metric ton of skills, too many to list out, Int and Dex skills mostly

A wooden stake, preferably oak, a few vials of holy water, blessed salt, and a holy symbol of a good god, preferably made of silver or better. Holy book optional but encouraged.

Also, something that will make for a good memento when some beloved of theirs finds their dead, blood-drained corpse in the cold snow, so they can carry said memento with them as they grow up to follow in the character's footsteps.

>TFW my masters will never awaken.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDEbsZpweDo

Joseph is best jojo

DFO art is pretty nice.

If I ever get in i kind of want dr evil to get in with me.

I have a hard time believe you're the GM and not someone false flagging.

>takes his cues from DIO, the Pillar Men, Loki, Vader, Bob Page, or some similar over-the-top villain would get you far
Might as well just say "DHB is getting in".

My PC is a tentacle monster who adheres strictly to a knightly code of chivalry. Does that count as male? Should I make him more flamboyant and over-the-top?

If this isn't a falseflag, you should never say that stuff out loud. It gets people making characters to pander who aren't enthusiastic about the archetype and can't play them worth shit.

agreed

>Lyra
>Support melee combatant/buffing
She's primarily a debuffer and controller, actually. There's bard performance for some buff stuff but overall she's about bamboozling enemies with illusions and enchantments.

Why is your party together?

I think the smart compromise for a DM would be to pick the good characters they think can most readily be manipulated into their fetishes.

>wanting a futa
>asking for a futa

Sorry I made the list while looking for the sheets. It's hard to tell what people's gimmicks are sometimes.

Since when was Vader an over the top villain? Maybe it's just the Rogue One ending scene, but he's never felt particularly hammy.

The prequels don't count on account of being garbage.

A fortune-teller assembled them to help get revenge!

Ain't Falafel basically elf Dio?

Yori's face, combat, stealth, scouting, that sort of stuff.

Dude vader was always pretty cheesy and hammy

Who are the over the top villainous times at the moment?

Sir Nefarious and Demibaron Talathel Thulintham seem to be that type, at least from where I'm sitting.

Maybe I am a false flag, or maybe I'm the GM trying to counter the faggot who said "choices are made, don't apply :^)", or maybe I'm a false flag trying to counter that guy. You decide, bruh.

this is autism.

How would you roleplay an actual autist? inb4 "be yourself"

Have a tiger shooting gems to draw your attention

Mostly I don't think you're the GM because you don't type like the GM does in their posts. Unless you're the GM specifically changing their text vernacular to go into hyper false-flagging mode.