JumpChain CYOA Thread #1380 : Landed Jumper Thread Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

dandwiki.com/wiki/Time_Dragon_(3.5e_Creature)
dnd.rem.uz/Dragon Magazine/351-400/Dragon Magazine #359.pdf
dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Force_Dragon
dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Prismatic_Dragon
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Is this how it works in canon?
From some of the lore books on Kamigawa specifically yeah that's how it works, granted Mana rich is fairly common in MtG canon, mostly in way of places of incredible natural abundance in Kamigawa. So, yes in Kamigawa's canon.

>How often can mana rich lands be tapped?
About once a day or so, as a orochi said that the land would not be able to do anything for 'a while'. Specifics aren't really here for that.

>Do you retain bonds between jumps?
I would have to say yes. Planeswalkers seem to.

>How long does sit take to make a bond with this perk?
Around a week of meditation I believe.

>Can you devour more than one Oni?
Sure.

>Can you use it on spiritual/magical/divine beings in future jumps?
You should be able to do so, though nothing bigger than yourself because you'll have to fight the damn thing.

>Lands
The five up for purchase are going to be based on the five legendary lands. I guess I could make a few generic land's for purchase if /JC wanted.

>Throwback line.
I thought I'd trimmed all those.

>Teachables
Basically all of everything in Kamigawa is teachable on some level, so to stay true to the style of the media I'll have to go with this.

You both are both, if that makes any sense to you.

>Kitsune
Ara ara.

>Kami!
On it good user.

>Why not both?
Eh!?

Thanks for the feedback.

Er I don't exactly know those perfectly could you expand upon your question?

>Ronin
That's the point, no one expects a wandering samurai to be a Ninja! Other than the Joke it's basically a call back to how the Ninjutsu rule is replacing an attacking using very suddenly. Thought it was cleaver... guess not though.

Looks good man I love it so far.

On another note I have a bigass inner world now filled with all manner of mana creating stuff. This is going to be awesome.

Why the reliance on a TCG mana mechanic? Don't each of the planes in MtG have actual magic systems not reliant on this crap?

Still need to form a bond and well, not a ton of these powers actually feed on Mana.

B
As I pointed out above, other than Mana Font, which should be Mana Charge actually, not much really relies on it. The magics are all fairly self contained. The only thing I used was Mana Charge which is exactly what the Budoka /do/, they take a bit of the Spirit Forests power into themselves to become freakishly powerful. Mana is mentioned a lot because in Kamigawa mana is the way to quick n easy magic.

No idea who keeps dumping these into the drive directly without posting them in thread, but apparently another one is in the upload section. Anyone know who did this?

Idea suggestions for campione?

I'll make a post in /r/jumpchain

These can go in WIP though... right?

Fucked if I know, that's not for me to decide. Thread's/Brutus' decision.

Item. Item suggestions.

So many derps, so little time...

>Ara ara.
I shall accept that as agreement.

>On it good user.
Wonderful. Thank you.

I was thinking giving them a Kami background or something to go with their racial stuff, but maybe you have a better idea. I dunno..

>Why not both?
>Eh!?
Allow people to choose whether they want to import it, or keep it as a Warehouse attachment.

That'd satisfy both sides.

What're you basing the lands on, btw? The Legendary Land cards or something?

>That's the point, no one expects a wandering samurai to be a Ninja! Other than the Joke it's basically a call back to how the Ninjutsu rule is replacing an attacking using very suddenly. Thought it was cleaver... guess not though.
It'd probably work better if there was some indication in the Ronin background that you're actually something else?

>Duplication Magic
Preeetty sure Kiki Jiki can duplicate anyone, not just himself. Unless he's a /lot/ worse in lore.

>Mana Fount
Does Ichiga, Who Topples Oaks do things that differently in lore? Because this is nothing like the card's version. Ah well.

>Summoning
I'd like more explaination on how exactly this works besides the basic summon & command something weaker than yourself. Do they just stay forever after you summon them, for example?

>Still need to form a bond and well, not a ton of these powers actually feed on Mana.
Isn't literally all MtG magic fueled by mana? That's the whole point of the color system.

>What're you basing the lands on, btw? The Legendary Land cards or something?
Aw hell, forgot to delete this after reading the answer above.

Nevermind this question. Generic lands don't seem too interesting, though I wouldn't say no to them if the price was right.

Oh I have mana nodes in various colors from other places already. Mainly masters of magic, demons of aslan, ASOIAF, and other personal projects. Its just nice to have more mana bonds.

Also that delicious kanji magic.

>Preeetty sure Kiki Jiki can duplicate anyone, not just himself. Unless he's a /lot/ worse in lore.
Kiki is just the very apex of what Duplication Magic can do, it's actually really common in the form that I've detailed.

>Does Ichiga, Who Topples Oaks do things that differently in lore?
Yep, the Budoka are all folks who live in the Spirit Forest and have learned to use it's power to protect it.

>Isn't literally all MtG magic fueled by mana?
Nope most effects don't take literally Lands worth of Mana, Most magic is done via just casting spell like any other fantasy world, it's just that Planeswalkers and other folks start draining lands when they start throwing around the army killing lightning bolts and shit.

Ah cool beans then.

>Also that delicious kanji magic.
It is pretty good.

>Oh I have mana nodes in various colors from other places already. Mainly masters of magic, demons of aslan, ASOIAF, and other personal projects. Its just nice to have more mana bonds.
How'd you get those?

You may wanna look at this.

>Kiki is just the very apex of what Duplication Magic can do, it's actually really common in the form that I've detailed.
You should change the perk text then. Because right now it's saying you're as good at it as Kiki-Jiki.

>Yep, the Budoka are all folks who live in the Spirit Forest and have learned to use it's power to protect it.
Huh. Odd.

>Nope most effects don't take literally Lands worth of Mana, Most magic is done via just casting spell like any other fantasy world, it's just that Planeswalkers and other folks start draining lands when they start throwing around the army killing lightning bolts and shit.
...Right. So it is fueled by mana, just not enough to drain or "tap" the land for a while. Fair enough.

Anyway, imma hope to be a dragon. Or a Kirin. Or a really, really weird-looking spirit.

Huh. If you go Jumper of Flesh and Spirit as a Kami, your mortal half would look human while your Kami half is whatever, right?

That's a placeholder which has nothing to do with how it works in the lore.

It's not supposed to be used, it's literally just outdated notes.

The hell is this? It's never worked like that in the lore.

No, even WIP requires they have been posted by the author here.

A big block of cheese.

The old lore is very inconsistent. Does mana come from mana lines, the land itself, or the meaning the mage attributes to the land?

I don't know much about the new lore, but from what I can tell, it doesn't mesh particularly well with any of the old lore.

That stone tablet that can steal a god's abilities.

>Er I don't exactly know those perfectly could you expand upon your question?
I Have No Soul to Burn makes your soul into a "non-entity" that can't be "attacked, stolen, burned, destroyed, possessed, trapped, detected etc. unless you sell or otherwise remove it from your body, including putting/turning it into a physical object, or if for some reason you want others to interact with it." and Power of Dominance makes it so "you gain absolute dominion over your own
soul, and none may attempt to harm or claim it without your consent." However, the jumpmaker for Castlevania had some very odd conceptions of consent, and ruled that taking Waveform Anatomy in NGE (which combined your soul, mind, and body into one) counted as consent. So I'm wondering if this perk would do the same for PoD, and what effects it would have for IHNStB.

There was this bit in one of the books where Alec stole the...crap, can't remember its name, the magic spear that made Japan. Anyways, I remember him testing its properties with preserved bits of dead gods as part of his alchemy experiments. Either of those could be good, dead god bits to experiment with or the magic spear itself.

>Duplication Magic
I'll fix it so that the magic is upgraded to that form actually, now that I think of it.

>Odd
The cards are not always direct representations of the lore, in fact it often isn't.

> If you go Jumper of Flesh and Spirit as a Kami, your mortal half would look human while your Kami half is whatever, right?
That would be up to the Jumper in question. Only two known examples of it have come to light. An Ogre and the All consuming had one body but both were represented and the Sisters of Flesh and Spirit have features from both their Mortal and Spirit bodies.

I don't think it and IHNStB would interact, as the truth is that Spirits and Souls are different. As for PoD it sounds like it would end up being, again, circumventedd by Kamigawa having an odd difference between Soul and Spirit.

From what I can tell it is all of the above.

Also the land spirits in kamigawa suck up most of the mana and make it hard on mages, which is why kamigawa has such neat magic.

Okay what the hell just happened?

Too true. Alright let's see if my Name falls off again.

A circlet imbued with Keeper of the Horses, allowing you to subdue an unruly god by placing it around their head.

One of the magic swords used by knights of the Copper Black Cross.

Dragon Bones for alchemy experiments.

A lesser copy of the Holy Grail that can mimic the Divine Ancestor creation ritual to turn things into dragons.

A vimana, got to love those ancient Hindu UFOs.

A generic blank Grimoire that you can use to seal away a single Authority at a time.

....uh, that's all I have for now. I'll come back to you if I think of anything.

Where can I get some magic that flat-out stops portals from being opened?

Fairy Tail. There's a spell that blocks spatial warping in an area, including portals.

What did y'all do in Avatar Last Airbender?

Fairly Tail as said. Also GHQ has an Item that does something similar.

Erected an entirely new continent. The entire series takes place on only one hemisphere of the planet, you can see that in a few shots where the Avatar (Aang or Korra, they both do it) is going all cosmic perception and it's symbolized by seeing the world from space. There's no mention of any landmasses other than the Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom, so the other hemisphere must just be ocean. So I raised some land up from the sea, terraformed it with normal Earth plants and animals just to freak out the locals once they get there, and stepped back to watch what happened.

h-how

how did you raise a continent?

Rip coastline.

>Fairy Tale
That sounds incredibly useful.
>GHQ
I'll check that out as well.

Gotta remember to bring a camera when I pull this shit on Gil. His face will be priceless.

D&D has got a bunch of spells for that. But they only affect a particular target, or a not-too-big radius away from you/the target area.

>just to freak out the locals once they get there, and stepped back to watch what happened.
I hope you also gave them some sign that there's something there? Because if they already knew it's just empty ocean, they wouldn't have much reason to go there while you wait.

Reddit?

Anno 2070 has that technology I believe.

Huh. It has potential.

Wonder if it's an SB'er or QQ'er who doesn't know the proper conduct.

I'd like to see it when it's fininshed.

I was the Earth Rumble Championship Belt Holder.
I visited Wan Shi Tong's Library after donating several books from another universe to his collection.
I physically dragged Raven from Wan Shi Tong's Library after we almost ran out of food camping there.
I opened up a small blacksmith in Ba Sing Se and baked bread on the side.

We waited for the Avatar at the Southern Air Temple and pretended to be a pair of Airbenders who had managed to survive persecution by the Fire Nation.

Then the plague came.

People died. Our lies were found out. We did the best we could, but so many people died. Raven and I weren't doctors. Hell, I only knew CPR because Constantine had demanded we learn it during our apprenticeship with him.

The Fire Nation was all but completely depopulated. Zuko and Iroh were the only members of the Royal Family to survive by virtue of being half a world away. The gates out of Ba Sing Se were completely bricked over. Those who dared to climb over the walls were met with fire. The invading army were turned to plague burners overnight.

No one was happy. Aang didn't blame me, but disliked my lies. I blamed myself out of paranoia... until it turned out I was right.

And that was the last time I bored my Coordinator. He even gloated about it in the White Room afterwards.

>Year 9, my Africa-sized continent remains a secret

Probably Reddit, they have a jumpchain thing that piggy backs off their CYOA subreddit. They wouldn't know the rules.

They probably noticed something was up when waves half a mile high came crashing down on their shores. And some of their inland became beach front property.

Not him but I suppose you could shunt an equal amount of water into another dimension or something. Not that that doesnt have its own problems.

Well, first I laid down a lattice of thin wires that I charged with electricity. This caused calcium compounds to precipitate out of the water and create an artificial reef. It's real technique, called "biorock" for some reason. Anyways, this created a nice layer of arragonite that I could use as a foundation. Next I dug some deep lava channels to create upswelling and layer over the arragonite with a more durable basalt to form true bedrock. From there I could take material harvested from the sea floor and basically mound up on top of the foundation. Plenty of oceanic mineral veins to harvest for ore, tons of silicate, and lots of nutrient-rich sediment. I had to actually dig deeper down than I was planning to get enough calcium and magnesium to replace what I extracted from the water, but it all worked out in the end.

I figure the spirits would probably tell someone something was up. A new continent appearing is the sort of change in the natural order they'd pick up on. If burning a forest or polluting a river gets their attention, I'm sure creating a landmass would.

Nah, the process was slow enough that there weren't any huge waves. It did disturb ocean currents, though, so sailors noticed. I'm not actually sure if it would displace enough water for the sea level to rise appreciably, though, I'll need to do some math on that.

I was team mom.

I took that drawback that makes you a pacifist, right? And I was a Water Bender who landed near the Water Tribes. So, basically, what happened was I stumbled upon Katara and Sokka's tribe and then feigned amnesia and they took me in. Even if it was an "early" jump, I was still pretty good at medicine and fishing and things by that point anyway, so it was pretty simple to find a niche.
Anyway, so, you land like five years before the plot, right? That meant that Katara and her brother were five years younger. So, since they didn't have parents, I just sortof... stepped in. I mean, they had no parents, I had no other background, it was a pretty easy fit. So, as a direct result of this, because I was doing all the heavy lifting as far as looking after them was concerned, that meant Katara didn't have to, which meant she was able to act like a kid occasionally, so she was much less uptight. Though, she did start to look up to me a lot. I ended up helping her practice a lot of water bending.
I dunno, something about the whole "mysterious traveler acting as a surrogate mom is supernaturally good at water bending and doesn't believe in hurting people" apparently causes people to look to you in some kind of reverence. Who knew.

Anyway, I woke up Aang a couple years early, and then we basically made our way through the plot, except I was also there acting as the mom.

Beat up Azula once. Then cried about it, because pacifist. So that was fun.

Rate my jump list /jc/. Can I survive these first six jumps?

1. Forgotten Realms - Form of: Time Dragon Cleric

2. 40k Imperium - From Isstvan V to the 13th Black Crusade

3. Undertale - Shopkeeper fiat OP

4. Ranma 1-2 - Neato wire-fu

5. Kung Fury - Neato'er wire-fu

6. Dresden Files - Best luck perk ever, best beer

Only thing that might be trouble is 40k. And considering how bullshit Time Dragons are, you probably don't have to worry too much.

I will, however, call you boring and unoriginal for going with a Time Dragon.

>wire-fu
What?

How are you affording a Time Dragon? Isn't the CR like 20?

Boring, but you'd survive. Everybody takes Time Dragon.

FR is the big questionable. Realistically, you existing at all is going to get people who'd take exception to something that powerful running around to either kill you or put you on a leash. But no one who goes dragon in FR seems to consider the setting's reaction to them, so who gives a shit about that.

Everything after that is either a joke, or survivable if you actually use your abilities, depending on whether you paid even more than a basic time wyrmling costs to start at a late age class or got lucky with the time dragon's weird ass random age advancement.

I don't think it does. The game's about colonizing islands, not making new ones.

Anyway...
>4. Drawback Ideas if you've got any.
Well, obviously one to stay for the entirety of the 20 years of the War. Probably a +0 one?

O-Kagachi hates you/thinks you have That-Which-Was-Taken?

Ninjas are after you. They are everywhere, and everyone.

It's term for high-flying acrobatic martial arts. Comes from how wuxia movie use wire rigs to simulate the martial artists weightlessly leaping and gliding around.

Alas, I weep at my unoriginality in this fanfiction writing-prompt game.

Wire-fu? Wuxia? Crazy kung-fu that isn't physcially possible.

26. So you spend 2600 cp for it, but you can totally afford it if you take a decent number of drawbacks.

Why would anyone take anything else? Seriously, all the benefits of a dragon, plus time travel more or less as you please.

I've been wondering how the deities would react, but I'm staying in the abyss, so I don't think it would actually matter.

>Why would anyone take anything else?
I dunno, creativity, originality, a better overall story than "LOL OP DRA50N!".

There's hundreds of more fulfilling options. You could be a Rakshasa disguised as a noble in the courts of the Far East. A Medusa desperately searching for a way to keep their eyesight and not turn everyone they look at into stone. A Half-Dragon Barbarian/Sorcerer desperately trying to contain the raging fire of his magical blood before it consumes him and drives him to murder and innocent man once again.

Literally millions of options and stories to find.

>Time Dragon
Wyrmling time dragon is CR 5, just wait to get older. Jumpers have plenty of time.

Those all sound really neato for storylines and writing prompts. In terms of wish fulfillment, they kinda all suck. Really hard.

Wyrmling time dragon is CR26, if it was CR5 it would be one of the weakest dragons in the setting.

>Pure Wish Fulfillment.
I mean, I know where we are, but you could try to put a little bit of effort into the whole affair.

dandwiki.com/wiki/Time_Dragon_(3.5e_Creature)
Am I looking at the wrong dragon?

You could just be a more interesting wizard and eventually put together an epic spell that turns you into a time dragon.

you're looking at dandwiki, so you are probably looking at homebrew.

user... that's homebrew.

>dandwiki.com/wiki/Time_Dragon_(3.5e_Creature)
Yes, that's homebrew shit. Look at the bottom of the page.
>Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Creatures

>dandwiki.com/wiki/Time_Dragon_(3.5e_Creature)

Yes, if you scroll to the bottom, you will see that that version of the time dragon is homebrew, and not official 3.5 material. The real rules for time dragons is found in Dragon 359.

Ran. The fire nation was very aware of me due to drawbacks, so I just kept playing tricks on them and then making a break for it. Because it was fun.

Crap, that's annoying.

yeah, dandwiki is largely halfassed homebrew(with the occasional semidecentish homebrew)

What should someone take to not notice them running around with that kind of power?

Since we're talking about Forgotten Realms, what's the best choice for someone interested in psionics, magic, and/or crafting?

is there a pdf of that? I can't seem to find anything on google.

Can't they only time travel like twice in their life?

dnd.rem.uz/Dragon Magazine/351-400/Dragon Magazine #359.pdf

thanks

Nope, they can travel as often as they like. It reuqires resources to travel, and the amount needed scales in some way to how far they're travelling, but there's no limit to the number of times.

honestly, there are more ways to deal with those than you can shake a stick at. The perk that gives you all the crafting feats is great for crafting though.

Well, I meant as in, races.
What race(s) is/are best for psionics, magic, or crafting?
I love all three, but if I had to choose, I'd probably say crafting>magic>psionics.

I think there's a race of telepathic gem people, but beyond that, class matters more than race, I'd think.

Problem is, that wouldn't have jump fiat backing.

Fiat backing is one hell of a drug.

Neither of you are wrong. But at the same time, it's probably the easiest way to become a minor god outside of greek myth, so eh.

Plus, nearly every other dnd race holds little candle to a dragon. There's a reason they're so over-represented in our culture.

Is there an article for the Force Dragon? I can't seem to find one for that.

Tome Dragon, Hex Dragon, Spellweaver, Black Ethergaunt, and Phaerimm are probably best races for arcane magic(Though Beholders and their prestige class are pretty darn good), I'd say they are good choices for psionics as well if you plan to theurge. Any race is good for crafting though.

Probobly but I wouldn't know which one, dandwiki does have the non homebrew versions of that and the Prismatic dragons though.

dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Force_Dragon
dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Prismatic_Dragon

It's in the Epic Level Handbook along with the Prismatic Dragon,

Oh yeah, I found those. It's just that the article for the Time Dragon had a bit more information than the wiki page, so I thought it'd be the same for the Force Dragon.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

>LOL OP DRA50N

I guess this is as good a time as any to talk about my second ever houserule. Which is more of a house...challenge?

See, originally after the initial confusion I just kind of gave up at the FR jump racial modifier and went as a boring old human. This only changed because of one big retcon: The addition of the Dragonborn scenario to Skyrim jump.

After I looked up exactly what being a Dragonborn means, I though since I was already a time dragon, it'd be fitting if I reincarnated as the closest analogue. Here's the thing though-I ran with the idea being a time dragon somehow got subsumed into the weird reincarnation stuff TES higher beings run on.

So after shelling up the CP I...didn't actually have the appearance, or the abilities, of a time dragon. I developed a few upgrade shouts to Dragon Aspect, though.

So to almost all appearances I was still a normal human, but local dragons got a weird uncanny valley vibe because I was a dragon trapped in a human's body.

Well, that or just disturbed at meeting Abeir-Toril's first otherkin.

I was a glorified chaffeur. My main contribution to Aang & co was opening portals for Appa to fly through faster.

Sokka kept asking me how lasers and spaceships worked and then blaming me for telling him tall tales. Katara and I got into a friendly, escalating water-water balloon fight after I invented a technique to draw moisture out of the air. Toph went a little power-mad after I explained how nanomachines worked.

And Aang-we never even had a fight, so I didn't understand why I terrified him without even doing anything wrong. It got to the point I went for long, lonely flights at night just so the kid could get proper sleep.

It took him weeks to work up the courage to tell me it was because my soul twisted the natural order so much it activated his spirit sight early.

He never did tell me what he saw, though.

Would you have wanted him to? You probably looked like Pic Related.

>Nano machines, space ships, lasers, and mentally scarring Aang by being a horrifying amalgamation of nightmares

This saddens me in a way I had not previously known was possibly.

Is there a list of luck/plot armor perks?

...close. Actually, in hindsight some of my companions told me before I finished achieving the perfection of 2D and became a shadow silhouette person I had quite the striking resemblance to a certain dad from the future. All the humanity and prana sloshing around does odd things to the ol' self-image, divine spirit or no.

Well, like this but more tentacles. Way, way more tentacles. Tentacles made of tentacles made of pseudopodia, even.

All I'm saying is-Bruve Willis in Armageddon was onto something. A lot of trouble was saved because me and a few good Servants bravely flew onto Sozin's Comet and blew it up before it could get that fire party started.

Oh, and later built firebending attack drones out of the shards. But that's another story.

Don't forget consequences of potentially altered rainfall patterns to their food chain.

So you payed 2600 CP for jack shit, essentially? Well, that's dedication.

are there any perks that help you hide online? having to get online from a new location every couple of weeks would get to be a real drag

He's always trying to do stuff to stand out. It's not even noticeable anymore, really.

Any way to be a half-dragon Sorcerer gish that isn't absolute dogshit?

paid*

Fuck.