/hhg/- horus heresy general

Late Heresy Death Guard conversions edition

>READ THIS YOU FUCKS
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Rt5ViD7S
mediafire.com/folder/w18xkc6478jtlhx,q9kc9hlf7fw2041,vj9e7eks1a7qbud,1q8qq6rccp0cg4k,qj9hrd33qg460rd,8aqx9j3a8erqv8d,de3l5i29kn69n73/shared
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
mediafire.com/file/6lbhc2ofh9dh2c1/The Horus Heresy 2 - Massacre.pdf

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7dl0OtWqCa0
youtube.com/watch?v=VQzgI6xJEH0
itun.es/us/XwRmD.l
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for the VIIth

Which side do fancy shoulder pads go?

So how do you fluff Chaos guys as anything but "lol we worship le ebin EBIL DERK GODS Xdddd!"

The gimmick can be interesting once or twice but if they're whole schtick is just being evil...? What kind of motivations do the traitors have as they fall further to Chaos, aside from just being insane?

Legion symbol goes on left shoulder unless they have bonding studs there. Your right, the model's left.

So DG get the following
> Death Guard (dual kit for normal Death Guard like pictured, and more possessed Death Guard )
> clam pack character (the guy with bone from back and the uniquely shaped plasma pistol)
> cultists
> Terminators (unknown if dual kit)
> Mortarion!

Binary Succession When?

OI LADZ SUMWUN GET ON DA TELLYPHONE QUIK 'N TELL DA FLASHY 'UMIE BOSS I 'ERD DAT 'ORRUS GIT IZ GUNNA BETRAY 'IM!

>more possessed Death Guard

You mean... Plague Marines?

These look great, but just one look at that chunky CAD design and remembering idiots actually have the penises-for-eyes to claim "modern plastic is just as detailed as resin" makes me want to murder every nigger in here.

Now I want to read the novel where Orks try to warn the Emperor about Horus.

>tfw no summary
>Nor dice rolls for that matter
I dislike you, you made Breadanon angry

Cool, thanks. I assume that also includes any molded shoulders too, right?

Primarchs Divide / Warp Deterrence when?

>YOU SEE BEAUTY IN EVERYONE
>15 MILLION PUNTERS CANT BE WRONG
>Nurgle and Blood Bowl

GW advertising pls

Ey, Umies, some uv yous is pretty good boyz. Don't git ta Istvaan tomorra.

So apparently in 8th edition, initiative is gone and whoever charges first hits first.

Sure is awesome to have these 450 point primarchs with thunder hammers and shit that hit at initiative strike after random sgts with power fists.

What would be the best source for Haywire for (solo) Legion army?

Thanks boss

WE HAVE SEEN NO RULES.

pls do not speculate until we see at least some hard rules and not paraphrased comments

I'm hoping it's more of old furious charge rather than the AoS activation system. The AoS system has it's merits, but really feels weird with elves getting sucker punched by a giant or something else known for being slow

Good thing HH won't be going to 8th.

All I know is people are going to need a lot of power axes.

>initiative is gone and whoever charges first hits first

You mean a charging unit gets to strike first the turn it charges in? Like it was in WHFB. After which you fight according to initiative order. And it's possible Unwieldy trumps it or merely makes you swing at initiative for the turn you charge. Just like in WHFB.

I don't know, user, why would someone who wants to be a great warrior not wish the favor of the god of war? Why would a man who wants to be the absolute best at something not curry favor with the god of perfection?

Stop meta-gaming, most people don't have a full understanding of the Chaos gods like we do. They ascribe things like honor and pride to Khorne, they assume Nurgle doesn't love the least of bacteria as much as he does the greatest of his servants, or that Tzeentch cares at all about the outcome of plans.

By the time you understand Chaos you're too deep into it to get out. Too deep into it to even care enough to try.

Personal goals that are furthered by the use of Chaos. They don't have to give a damn about the dark gods, the gods will make sure their servants operate according to the great game, whether they like it or not.

Chaos can also subtly twist you. The Warrior lodges seem a pretty obvious example, they corrupted those who took part in them, at least in the case of the Sons of Horus it doesn't seem like it really engendered any real faith.

Luther is another good example. His fall seems to have been caused by a combination of regret, seeing his home world ravaged by the Imperium, and reading one too many forbidden tomes.

>Unwieldy merely makes you fight at initiative
And on that day, every single unit of Nobz and Warbosses with Power Klaws rejoiced. Because WS4/5/6 4/5 S9/10 AP2 attacks on the charge each is glorious.

>power axes
>not melta bombs, PFs, and chainfists

Think big

When are we getting proper transports for the Legions?

Shhhh. Let them rage.

>initiative 2

Nobz are I3 and Warbosses are I4.

>get to strike at Initiative
>I2
>glorious

Time to start rebasing your minis.
youtube.com/watch?v=7dl0OtWqCa0

Jesus look at the salt just because someone made a low to medium effort thread quicker.

Only regular Boyz and Grots are I2. Nobz are I3, and Warbosses are I4, which means that while the Nobz will still be striking last against MEQ, they'll wreck anything else with I3, and the Warboss will destroy anything with I4 or less that he runs at.

I've made too many grimdark songwritings.
youtube.com/watch?v=VQzgI6xJEH0

When Ruinstorms divide, a song about Guilliman when he realizes Terra has not yet fallen.

>Flowers of Calth
>Cover fields flowing in dead geneseed
>And all the hearts once new, old and shattered now
>Brothers can kill, sons will die
>Give me wings to fly
>Fleeing this world so cold
>I just wonder why

>Skallathrax
>Now my words, are frosted with every breath
>Still the hate burns wild, growing inside these hearts
>When the warp changes course when the stars align
>I will reach out to (You) and leave Macragge behind
>When Ruinstorms divide

>When Ruinstorms divide
>I will see the choices within my hands
>How can we ever protect and fight with our tiny souls
>Let me shine like the sun through this treachery
>Do you feel the storm approach as Horus draws near

>When Ruinstorms divide
>Time will come to softly lay me down
>Then I can see your face that I long to see
>And for you, only you I would give anything
>Leaving a trace for Lion to find a way

>When Ruinstorms divide

>I will dive into the fire
>Spilling the blood of the Warmaster
>The very last time
>My name scorched into Terra!

>When Ruinstorms divide
>I will see the choices within my hands
>How can we ever protect and fight with our tiny souls
>Let me shine like the sun through this treachery
>Do you feel the storm approach as the Horus draws near

>When Ruinstorms divide
>Time will come to softly lay me down
>Then I can see your face that I long to see

>When Ruinstorms divide

>When Ruinstorms divide

>Now do you remember? Who you are? What you were meant to do? I cheated death, thanks to you. And thanks to you, I've left my mark. You have too. You've written your own history. You're your own man. I'm Emperor, and you are too. No... he's the two of us together. Where we are today, we built it. This story, this legend; it's ours. We can change the world, and with it, the future. I am you, and you are me. Carry that with you wherever you go. Thank you, my friend. From here on out... you're Emperor.

WHY ARE WE STILL HERE? JUST TO SUFFER?

>Thank you, my friend. From here on out... you're AGONIZINGLY ALONE

Cheeky fags, love it.

>low to medium effort thread
Bare minimum low.
I mean, I've been there and I stopped way before he did. I know it can be frustrating, so be understanding.
You need love to bake as well as he does.

Also, we should call dibs on threadmaking.

Armour autists btfo.

When will the Inquisition stop their heretical hands?

That looks fucking awesome.

Not mixing your armor is boring as shit. Do people really have complete sets of only Mk IV in their army? Even FW decided to throw in different faceplates, shoulders, and bonding studs to make the Mk IV look less matching.

>plastic thunderhawk.
OwO what's this?

THIS is the ideal male body. You loyalists may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

My iron hands does have two 10-man squads of Mk 3 armor led by Mk2 sergeants. But my tactical supports and heavy weapons have mixed stuff. Some of the regular support gunners are just straight mk4, but a lot of stuff has various pieces from mks 3-5. I have excess mk3 heads and stuck those on mk4 bodies for example.. My vets are mainly mk6 with some mk5 pieces mixed in.

How have the mighty fallen...

That face..

* waddles behind you*
Heh, nothing personal kiddo

Cultists are a dual kit with plague zombies. You can see the two types in the same pic. The zombies are out of focus to the left.

This kit will be used by everyone for everything the way it's going.
30k - cultists militia
40k - the two normal types, plus a shitload of Blanche style conversions for INQ 28, plus hive gangs or a humans, or muties.
AoS- as normal zombies because of how old the zom kit is.

Why does that white on the right dude look like it's pealing off, revealing grey underneath? I thought their white was the pure white of their ceramite armour.

>equipping units with different armour patterns with different performances, tolerances and maintenance requirements

Yes, this expands logistical dong, and that ain't good.

>Expecting a legion of hundreds of thousands in the middle of phasing out old marks of armor for new stuff and then suddenly finding themselves in the middle of a galactic war with shattered supply lines will have perfectly uniform equipment

>Not expecting armies that have fought for hundreds of years on a galaxy wide campaign of conquest, dealt with various obstacles and problems, to be able to coordinate enough that similar armour marks would be centered around specific units to ease logistics and ensure performance and tolerances

How many arm(s) have Dorn lost when he disappeared?

I'll be delighted to see him return with an eyepatch and red.... I mean yellow mechanical arm.

and he is actually Omegon

Again, this is a time period where they are changing out equipment. Mk2 and Mk3 armor are outdated now, but the new stuff is being delivered sporadically.

During those hundreds of years of campaigning there was one kind of space marine armor, mk2 armor. Plus mk3 armor which was literally mk2 with some extra plates bolted on and so shares most of their parts. Then within a fairly short time period you had the sporadic introduction of Mk4 armor as the new standard, plus the prototyping of beakie armor as the scouting/flanking/infilitrating armor with better sensors and quieter movements.

And how does any of that stop, say, a Marine company to allocating their resources so that all the MkIVs are given to units X, Y and Z, all the MkIIIs are for units A and B, unit 1 gets to keep their MkIIs, etc.? Why can't they take heavily damaged suits and keep them on, say, reserve units, where their faults are less prominent and move better suits to front line fighting units?

That would be great during the great crusade when you're just going planet to planet and after each one can take some time to reorganized your supplies and perform maintenance rather than a galactic civil war where your supply chain is constantly lacking, the warmaster directly sabotaged your legion by denying new equipment, and you're scavenging the dead.

Although, to be fair, I'm sure the ultramarines have perfect squads because of them sitting out the war in imperium secundus.

Are you just being difficult on purpose?

Not every army was scavenging for dear life during the Heresy and even ones that did would see the benefit of not putting the barely working MkIII into a scout unit of working MkVIs. Even you can't deny that.

>Death Guard trailer
>"WE ARE THE 7th LEGION!"
What the fuck?

Of course not, specialized squads like breacher teams and seekers are different. Your average tactical squad though? You'd have to be pretty well supplied to be able to keep it uniform. And veteran squads are even more likely to have armor that's been customized and had battle damaged pieces replaced.

Kek

From the guys who brought you FIRST CAPTAIN KHARN
Death Guard, the 7th Legion!
Rogal who?

How is a tactical squad less likely to have the same type of armour across the board than a breacher or seeker squad?

Again its referencing Nurgle not crusade legions.

Don't listen to the alternative facts on the vox-web, brother Anonymous. Alexander the Son of John is spreading his conspiracies about warp dust turning the Slann into homosexuals while peddling his aqua scrubbers.

These aren't the 40k tactical squads where you go through decades of training in other branches first. 30k tactical squads are big blocks of dudes thrown into the meatgrinder straight out of training. High recruitment rates, high turnover. The Iron Warriors do it the hardest but from what books I've read most of them do it to an extent.

Reminder that with the imminent AoS'ing of 40k that there will be a huge influx of grognards to horus heresy

If it's got bonding studs, does the symbol go opposite then?

That doesn't answer my question.

Ceramite is silver/ metal grey mang.

How does it not answer your question? High turnover, high rates of battle damage, high replacement requirements, limited supplies, this is the kind of situation that saw field repairs which led to mk5 armor by taking whatever was available and bonding it together with studs.

That was literally the entire reason Mk V exists: no logistics, so they had to patch together different shit and it was terrible.

It's a non issue. It's their primary IP, a rules debloating will be good for the tabletop and the fluff will largely be retained as factions are broken down by the same system as AOS.

This is all conjecture, but, with the return of the primarchs we can ta least expect to an overall benefit to the community.

>"The bare ivory-grey unpainted ceramite that Monarion had favoured for the Legion's powered armour became increasingly less adorned."

Sounds like DG colour is the colour of ceramite.

>le ebbin "mark five is cobbled together from other suits" may-may

Never gets old. Oh, wait...

“Branne nodded. ‘You called it Mark VI. What happened to Mark V?’
Noriz pointed at the Raven Guard legionaries.
‘With full production not yet begun on Mars, these are the only suits available. Our companion transport has another fifteen hundred of them, on top of the five hundred we are carrying. In the absence of reliable Legion supply lines, the Mechanicum have designated all non-standard or stop-gap designs as Mark V. Many of the improvisations made by your armourium after the dropsite massacre are being passed on to other Legions in the absence of replacement parts for Mark IV. Your legionaries already have Mark V, commander.”

Excerpt From: Thorpe, Gav. “Deliverance Lost.” Black Library, 2011-10. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: itun.es/us/XwRmD.l

Chaos: Not even once.

Is it possible that I finally fixed it?

Here's MkV fluff from RT and 7e special edition Codex: SM card (2015), which is pretty much the same thing.

>calling actual canon a meme

>Damage control, GW style

>one novel is canon
>everything else before and after it is not

Didn't know carnac comes here.

Looks serviceable, your low scoring model count will make you very vulnerable to getting your scoring units shot off the board, and things with decent invulnerable or cover saves that can't be removed by barrage.

HH novels supersedes other sources so says Laurie Goulding who was the editor of both BL and FW.

No.

The right shoulder pad shows where in the legion the dude belongs

Soon enough I guess. Or maybe GW is just trolling.

Do you really expect traitors who hate Emperor name themselves same way they did before heresy?

You are a special brand of retarded

I got old and new sources from FW and GW. You got one novel and an ex-employees word that "this shit's totes legit, u guys."

You were assuming I was arguing with you, my intended comment is that both versions are not mutually exclusive. If you actually read the passage "Many of the improvisations made by your armourium after the dropsite massacre are being passed on to other Legions in the absence of replacement parts for Mark IV." Is a direct match for the RT fluff description of it arising overnight and making use of pre-mk IV parts

Cheers

Finishing up my second Knight of Hawkshroud.

So many details left...

The fact that you're calling "MkV is just any suit cobbled together from scraps" canon and then call me a retard for pointing out that's not the case, sort of makes me think you're against the idea of it not being any cobbled together suit.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?