Warhammer 40,000 General

This truly are the end times edition.

>Previous thread
youtu.be/TPMmyXjTUQU

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/03/23/warhammer-40000-news-from-adepticon/
wh40kart.im/i43815?search=fap
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>everyone hyped about morty coming back and the death guard getting new models
>I'm just sitting here thinking about how deathguard green will be great for basecoating forest-themed bases
I mean it ain't no goblin green, but it'll work for me.

First for kawaii operator plague marines.

2nd Edition had 90 degree fire arcs with round bases.

Hmm So maybe it's Death Guard in the 8th ed. Box? That would make a lot of sense with this timing.

Cant wait for the new edition to make assault armies tops again. Gonna fuck some blueberries.

8th ed isn't until June, DG will be out long before then.

Now that papa Nurgle is getting some new models Slaanesh better be next one to get some.

Nah, they usually release the game box a year after the edition, unless they kill the game AoS style.

So it seems I bought DV at the wrong time.
Still, given how much crying I've heard about the 7th ed rules it may work out well, even if I need to get a new rule book.

Can't wait for the fucking grav nerfs, Riptide nerfs, etc.

Slaanesh is offensive.

Alright now I'm curious, is that a cropped picture or is that it?

Copied from other third incase the other guy jumped ships already.

Not so much. I know some guys who took the flags off their Skorne models because they made the rest of the model a valid target and taller than other heavy war beasts. But I never have known anyone to not use what ever base was supplied with the mini. Maybe one of those scenic bases that has a cool mountain top on it or something like that but those tend to be thicker and beefier than the standard base.

I hope someone has a list of all these pictures somewhere.

I have a serious question that I'm afraid will get memed.

Dark Eldar or Night Lords?

I have a decent amount of both, but only a little bit of both actually assembled.

I'm legitimately torn.

warhammer-community.com/2017/03/23/warhammer-40000-news-from-adepticon/
>This topic comes up almost as often as Sisters of Battle… so we’re going to bring them back.
What do they mean by this?

Slaanesh and Khorne are the only ones left in 40k in need of a facelift for their cult marines, new cult terminators, and daemon primarchs. So either them or khorne next, would bet slaanesh since khrone had a release already

Models are still solid

Why does the mini in that photo look like it's exploding out of the Wikipedia logo?

There are now THREE active 40k general threads!
Come on guys.

yes
wh40kart.im/i43815?search=fap

Nah, I think there's more. The guy who made that one has a bunch of Tau sex-slave pictures if I recall right.

so i'm not sure if they're making jokes with those rules things or if they're being serious. with the duncan segment there i'm leaning jokes, but i legitimately cannot tell.

I wonder how they got the eagle ordinary guy on board. His drawings were also in a community article.

I'm a fan, so whatever.

This isn't on the twitter, user are you someone attending the presentation?

Is that you, me?
I feel our pain.

Those are humorous, not jokes, are you autistic?.

In this thread addition an autistic user continues to post about why Craftworld Eldar are cool with Dark Eldar eating their souls because Vect once had non soul related dinner on a craft world.

Shoo shoo edgelord

>Morale

>Its no longer all or nothing, and it affects everyone. We’re thinking of replacing break tests with a simple mechanic. Roll a D6, add that to the number of models your unit has lost this turn, subtract your Leadership and take that many additional casualties.
>and it affects everyone
I swear to god, I swear to FUCKING god if I have to worry about Morale tests in synapse as fucking Tyranids I will drop this game in the fucking trash and burn my models.

>Nipple Vagina's
No thank you.

>Digsusting noseless aliens
Plebeian.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Tyranids get either a flat bonus to their leadership in synapse, or even not have to take them what so ever.

Yes how dare I focus on Soul Stones. those are not critical to Craft Eldar culture at all.

Jesus user, get a grip. You can't even outright say what you're arguing for. Craft Eldar are not cool with Dark Eldar hunting them for sport.

Leave it to the Word Bearers to be a bunch of basic bitches who can't handle a little nipple-fucking.

The Duncan vid is just them mocking the "square bases" leak. This one could be a pure joke, but I think it may also be a cheeky tease. Particularly given the Sigmarinette. That said, I don't want to read too much into it lest we prompt the wailing and gnashing of SoB players.

Shut up or I'm starting another.

That doesn't change the fact that they have worked together several times in the lore.

On the one hand, I'd actually be rather glad if they didn't just default to Fearless to make units immune to all morale effects.

On the other hand, it'd be good if each army actually had a certain strength or weakness in that regard, like Necrons not getting pinned because they don't care about cover. Tyranids in synapse might have to deal with other stuff, but really shouldn't test for casualties. Gaunts don't panic when half the gaunts next to them die.

They need to not have to take them whatsoever. If a single fucking termagant runs off from a break test while fully in synapse that would be the worst fluff rape to happen to a Faction since... ....I can't even fucking think of anything that would make me more angry.

>warhammer-community.com/2017/03/23/warhammer-40000-news-from-adepticon/
If I'm reading that right it means AP will go from being a binary thing of it either denies or it doesn't to being a modifier to the dice roll like a -1,-2,-3,-4 to the save roll.

Similar to rending in AOS. This means that weapons that couldn't penetrate terminator armor but blow throw space marine armor might cause termies to make T-shirt saves. This also means that standard infantry weapons (bolters, tau plas, shrunken catapults) will increase in usefulness as they will likely be Ap -1.

I know. What kind of world we live in where you can't even nipple-fuck someone without people freaking out.

Working together temporarily =/= racial unity or forgiveness

Been gone for a week. What's the latest shit?
Anything about Fires of Cyraxus?

Paladin detected. Isn't posting on Veeky Forums a Fall-worthy offense? Get out of here moralfag.

>Similar to rending in AOS
You mean the same way it worked in 2nd edition? AoS didn't invent armour modifiers, I don't know why people keep giving that game credit for things it just copped from best edition 40k.

>Similar to rending in AOS
or armour modifiers in fantasy and older editions of 40k

Chances are they'll take similar keys from those rulesets and bring in defenses against modifiers for things like terminators. The old 2D6 saves, or 1+ saves, or just plain "ignores -X armour penetration"

>Tyranids in synapse might have to deal with other stuff
Synapse should ignore all psychology effects completely, that's one of the whole fucking points of Tyranids, like a primary Faction-defining thing that goes back to their earliest incarnation and has always been the case.

If they fuck this up I am done forever, I will never give GW another penny.

>Charging units should fight first. It’s just more thematic. So we’re hoping to work this out as well. It will reward tactically outmaneuvering your opponent. You can dictate the combats rather than being entirely Initiative based. You control who swings first.
Could Orks once again become...a melee race?

That's how 2nd ed. handled it. Incidentally 2nd ed. termies rolled their 3+ saves on 2D6.

If your choices in allies are your scum-fuck cousins who hate you and you hate who live on the other side of town or a bunch of worse scumbags who don't consider you to be people at all, most would go for their asshole cousins.

I'll have you know we have a traditional, wholesome view of Chaos in this house hold, thank you very much.

It's Adam and Dae'eve the Slaughterer of the innocent, not Adam and Ste've defiler of the Innocent.

>tfw this makes 6+ even more useless
Unless it means you can always take a 6+?

I never played Fantasy. And I got into 40k in late 3rd right before 4th. So...my experience with armor modifiers in a games Workshop setting comes from AOS.

Oh my god stop dragging this retard-fight over from the last thread, no one cares about your Eldar fluff autism.

Am I reading this right?

>have 30 man Guardsman blob, leader dies somehow
>take 12 casualties over the course of the turn
>roll a 6
>top kek

It doesn't mean that and it doesn't make them more useless, they remain exactly as useless as ever. All the weapons that have a -1 modifier will have already been AP 5 or 6

There will a lot of weapons without a save modifier. In practice 6+ save will probably change the least from how they work now. It's Power Armor and Terminator Armor that will be most different one way or another.

>Chainswords will remain the same power as a bayonet

Yeah, basically half the squad runs away.

It's a retarded mechanic. When the whole unit breaks but you keep them away from the board edge you have multiple chances to rally them again, this just instakills some of your guys and there's no way to get them back even if they're halfway across the board and you have a Fearless Warlord in between them and the board edge.

Was thinking about starting a tzeentch daemonkin army but I feel like I'll just get shit stomped by everything. Anything I can ally in to fix it that fits with the army but isn't magnus cheese?

There's also the option of stuff like AoS Lizardmen shields (immune to -1 rend, or whatever).

Like Terminator: 2+, immune to -2 rend or lower. Or just 2+, "subtract 1 from rend value of other weapon"

I doubt it, I can almost guarantee chainswords are gonna get buffed.

This is a pretty nice change for Orks, but it's probably the dumbest way they could have done it.

>Give examples of craftworlders accepting soulstone smashers as permanent residents
>Give examples of the leader of Biel-tan being old allies of the leader of The Black Heart
>Give examples of a faction dedicated to fostering ties between the two via "racial unity"
>Offers absolutely no counter point other than denial

Dark Eldar once took it upon themselves to personally punish a human ruler with eternal torture because they were so displeased with what he did to an Alaitoc ambassador. No one is saying they don't fight or disgust one another, but I have completely refuted your point about Gathering Storms being dumb for doing something that has tonnes of precedents.

How much evidence do you need? Literally all you do is regurgitate the same limp dicked point that does nothing to counter the fact that, despite Deldar killing CWE and vice versa, they are frequently strong allies.

You subtract your leadership from the roll. It's Battleshock from AoS.

Yeah, but then you'd probably have a Commissar upgrade, or Sgt. upgrade that'll help mitigate that. Perhaps something like this:

>Hold the Line!: Any unit that a Commissar is part of may choose to not take a battleshock test. If you choose to do so, remove D3 models from the unit.

Boom. Done.

Okay Guard Moral/leadership is 7 right.
You lost 12 guys.
You roll a 6 giving a final result of 18
Subtract the 7...
for 11 more guys either run away pissing themselves or are cut down by the enemy as they run away pissing themselves yes.

This probably means command traits and shit are coming over too

Can't wait to see how marines are immune to it

>not wanting to play the Saturday morning cartoon villain in a world of super heroes

Someone has to be able to have fun.

It's fucking awful is what it is.

So you wont get your 6+ vs. Sergeants. My statement still stands.

I swear to christ orks better get some kind of mob rule or else boyz are even fucking worse now

I'm willing to bet that Marines will use the old leadership rules instead, showing how they tactically fall back as a squad even when their battle brothers die. And of course, they'll still automatically regroup, which means that forcing morale tests on marines will do nothing but cost them some movement.

>warhammer-community.com/2017/03/23/warhammer-40000-news-from-adepticon/

>3 Ways to Play
>General’s Handbook 2: Grimdark Boogaloo
>3 types of play: competitive, narrative, and "open"

>Army Selection
>"Command points"
>"A mechanism to reward players who structure their army like their in-world counterparts, with rerolls and cool army specific rules throughout the game."

>Movement
>Individual Movement values per model/unit

>Shooting
>Armor Save Modifiers instead of all-or-nothing AP
>SoB Resurrection teasing

>Combat Phase
>Charging units hit first, even if they're lower initiative

>Morale
>"Roll a D6, add that to the number of models your unit has lost this turn, subtract your Leadership and take that many additional casualties."

Opinions on any of these possible 8th ed changes?
Personally I'm mostly for them. The last one is kind of iffy though. I'm not so sure about taking more causalities if you already have taken horrendous casualties. Not sure if it'd be too fluffy for some armies. The movement one could also get annoying with people not knowing there rules, but I imagine that would be only during the transitional period.

Also you think the plastic Thunderhawk is legit?

You mean when the whole unit breaks, isn't fearless or stubborn, or have ATSKNF, and beats the enemy in an initiative test. Because if they beat you in the initiative test (which if it's eldar or space marines that becomes likely) you lose all 18 of them not 11 of them.

I dunno, I have to admit that I thought it was kind of dumb that if you charge, you only get some HoW attacks. I mean, if I charge my Orks, I should be able to attack with their attacks. And if I'm charging a Unit of Guardians, how come they are able to react faster to me, AND overwatch me at the same time?

Maybe because theres a trillion different green paints from different manufacturers already.

Everything is worse now. Hordes are hurt by it because they'll take a ton of casualties and lose even more of their squad. Elites are hurt by it because their models are removed regardless of wounds or saves.

I've been wanting them to make morale effects more relevent, but this is the worst way they could have done it.

Theyre going all fucking in on the AoS'ing

they arent even doing a half-step, this is full on.

Nah, they'll just be immune to battleshock or something.

huh. those changes all sound promising.
maybe they're going back to 2e for inspiration?

>limp dicked point
SOUL EATING

user, you've had just as many examples thrown back at you from the fluff. But hey, sometimes the fluff messes up. It's a shame, but we can always drag up some obscure shit like MULTILASERS or a half eldar Inquisitor Sherlock. For purposes of those stories you were reading i'm sure they had Dark Eldar talking to Eldar, but that does not over ride the main point of the eldar story.

Dark Eldar eat Craft Eldar in general, and for specific rites of passage. Dark Eldar are the polar opposite of Craft Eldar and caused the near extinction of their race. I keep 'regurgitating' it because it is the central faucet of the entire eldar story line. It's crazy to think that Craft Eldar are cool with working with Cannibal Dark Eldar, some of which caused the fall themselves.

The way they're wording it like "oh we're thinking of this mechanic..." avoiding saying it's a copypaste from Age of Sigmar is really fucking patronizing. It's also a stupid fucking idea.

Basically every single thing here is "yeah we're just making it Age of Sigmar in space". Like, every little thing. Now, a couple of these are actually good changes, but it remains to be seen if they're going to go full retard and replace Strength and Toughness values.

Also the charging units hit first is really dumb.

The Break thing should be a little more conditional. If the enemy causes fear, or if enough models were killed, etc.

I'm honestly not adverse to a bit of sigmarization to 40k.
The shitstorm that's coming is going to be legendary, though.

That's only in close combat.

>Not sure if it'd be too fluffy for some armies.
There will be characters that let you ignore/reroll battleshock and such. And stuff like Synapse will probably interact with it. Not a huge deal really.

Or get a a moral of 8 or 10.
No one is going to be immune to battleshock by the sounds of it. Look at Sigmarines they aren't.

>run 6 meganobz
>one dies
>roll a 6, subtract their bravery of 4
>remove 3 more

>And if I'm charging a Unit of Guardians, how come they are able to react faster to me, AND overwatch me at the same time?

Because Elves have superhuman reflexes, and a group of angry yelling orks isn't exactly subtle?

I mean, I play Slaanesh marines, and now I have to deal with my Initiative 6 chaos lord patiently waiting for the enemy to slowly bring down their power axe onto his head instead of evicerating them in a blink of an eye, like what should happen.

Not only that, but even if I charge, my high initiative doesn't matter, since I hit first anyway.

If they wanted to add some modifiers to it, give charging models a bonus to initiative and give models that fired overwatch a penalty, that would be fine, but as it stands a Keeper of Secrets will stand still and wait to be punched by a Nob with a Power Klaw, even if it has no ranged weapons and has nothing else to do but get ready to fight that Nob.

>Also the charging units hit first is really dumb.
Honestly, I'm curious as to why you think that. I mean, aren't HoW attack still a thing?

Mark my words. Reinforcement points are coming. Suck it Tzeentch fags.

Chargers hitting first makes sense. Maybe it should just be Hammer of Wrath, though.

>And stuff like Synapse will probably interact with it.
If by "interact" you mean "completely shut it down" because if I ever, EVER have to take a break test as Tyranids I am fucking out.

Might as well just make them all speak english and drive around in metal boxes while they're at it.

I wonder, does it count for Powerfists and other unwieldy weapons too?

4/5 instances of HoW are worthless

That is why it's dumb, because that sort of thing where you charge in so fast that you crash into the enemy before they can react is represented by that rule. Otherwise, the assumption is that as you're moving forward, the enemy is drawing their weapons and getting ready to fight you, with swings being determined by initiative to see if you catch them off guard or if they're ready when you get there.

Hold remind me don't you only take battleshock if you Lost Combat?

So didn't your Meganobs kill 1 enemy? If so they deserve to get their asses cut down.