youtube.com/watch?v=i1Fr-SE0kNk
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/52259788/#52268797
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So what's the ETA Highlander?

>Traveller's Tale 1.50 (Done)
>Traveller Companion PDF (80%)
>Deus Ex Machina CYOA (95%)
>Fallen Gensokyo (?)

Aside from a bit of rewriting on the Touhou I'd say I'm still looking at a Sunday release. Though I may push it back if I can't get Touhou right the way I want it.

Release it for Saturday of the next week, and when the inevitable shitstorm happens, you can blame it on April's Fools.

I honestly don't see that happening to be honest. Unless of course some people decided to hate it already, but in that case I don't think there is anything I could ever do for that.

Maybe I'm just traumatized since last time I was around and they mentioned the Touhou CYOA they spent like 5 fucking threads bitching about it being a Dark Souls crossover.

Fuck. I just got a bunch of ideas for builds all at once, but now I gotta wait to make them because that's tooclose.

I suppose that is my bad for accidentally writing it with the old "/souls" bit. I take the responsibility for that misinterpretation but it's in no way a souls crossover. Looking through the lore and mechanics of Touhou games, SDA's old proposed models for his failed souls CYOA seemed appropriate.

The 1.50 update isn't all that massive, though it is prepping for the 2.0 Giga-Rework. I'm planning on overhauling just about everything from the early sections and adding a few more sections.

>2.0 Giga-Rework

Good lord no.

Is 2.0 to be the last update?

The mechanics reliant on WEAPONS where weapons are almost irrelevant in Touhou?

Last BIG update, there will be some fine-tuning afterwords no doubt, and I'll likely do a last addition of build companions besides the 210 goal of the Companion PDF which is going to be integrated into the main PDF.

But besides that I'm happy with the help the generals has given me in creating a world I can build with.

Oh yesssss. Pop those Tranquilizers bitch.

> I don't know what Lævateinn is
> I don't know what Ying-Yang orbs are
> I don't know what the Sanzu Scythe is

>Almost
It's like you don't have any reading comprehension. A VAST minority of character use them.

Time for soul witch.

THE WALL is now a Traveller

THE WALL, ???, True Traveler, Living Barricade

>Name:
THE WALL
>Gender:
Male

>Origin:
The Now; Watcher
>Skills/Perks/Traits:
Martial Training
Super Human Body
Frontliner
Survivor
Pariah
Tech Eater
Features Harsh
Stone Soul
Terrorist
Bulked
>Initial Equipment Requisition:
>Clothing:
-0 Traveller Leathers
+200 Sell Traveller Leathers Upgrade
-1250 Traveller Grade Tartaros Armor (Discount from selling Bolter and Flamethrower)
-100 Maori Okibar Tattoo
>Weapons:
-0 Yuta Brace (combined with armor)
-80 Stun Hammer x2 (combo'd with shields)
+200 Sell Yuta Brace Upgrade
+100 Sell Yuta Partner Brace

Continued in next post.

>Knick-knacks:
-0 'Pegs'
-0 Basic Survival Kit
-0 Basic Bag (combined with armor)
-0 ID Card
-50 Magical Protection Vestments
-50 Organ Replacement (backup brain)
-50 Organ Replacement (super platelets, instant clotting)
-50 Organ Replacement (enhanced tendons and ligaments)
-50 Organ Replacement (double skeletal muscles)
-50 Organ Replacement (enhanced lungs)
-20 Mathery Travellers Encyclopedia Vol 1-8324
-200 Jetpack (combo'd with armor)
-100 Pop-wall Shield Mark-4 x2 (WALL sized)
-200 Coharty Plasma Shield x2 (combined with Pop-wall shields)
-80 Morell Alcohol Subscription x4 (Jägermeister, Peppermint Schnapps, Sloe Gin, Goldschläger)
-300 Personal Gravity Manipulator (combo'd with armor)
-50 Traveller Corpse Soap
-20 Witching Bottle
-500 Iron Halo (combo'd with armor)
-100 Burning Charm
-200 Flux Generator (combo'd with armor)
-120 Enhanced Occulatus (combo'd with armor
-50 Universal Thumb (combo'd with armor)
-15 Rail Line Pass
-100 Battle Music Projectors
-20 Standard Breather (combo'd with armor)
-10 Universal Traveller Markers
-200 Internal Sustenance Model
-20 Leader Line
-100 Whale Skin Marks
-45 Multi-Media Collection Box
-200 Magnetic Boots (combined with armor)
-20 24HR Multi-Reality News Feed
-1000 Operabia Module: Iron Hide (Overclocked)
-500 Upgraded Healing-Chip
>Little Things:
+1500 Forever Alone x3
+500 Test Subject x5
+400 Notorious
+500 Warping
+500 That Guy
>Factions/Departments/Others:
True Travellers
>Covenant:
The Cult of John Cena and Associated Champions
>Allies:
Agatha
Yellow Jade
>Home District:
Terra-D2453 — In Which the War Never Ended
>Hubworld:
Free Traveler – In Which All Roads Are Open (First Respondent)
>Panic Button:
The Titan

>battle music
youtube.com/watch?v=i1Fr-SE0kNk

You're making a vast majority of assumptions here user. Tell me exactly what it is you're thinking and I'll try to level with you.

Bless you wall user. Never change.

What's the Traveller national anthem?

Screaming from a drunken Brawl and a Liaison sobbing loudly in the backround.

You inherited mechanics for a weapon CYOA. Weapons aren't a big deal in Touhou. Basing a Touhou CYOA around weapons is stupid.

Why are weapons not a big deal in Touhou?

It's not based around weapons, weapons, spells and curse cards play their role in player agency. Mechanics used for one instance (though those ironically aren't the mechanics I took from SDA) can be repurposed to do other things.

I'd make one of those companion cards for THE WALL, but for the life of me, I cannot find any decent pictures of a huge guy in power armor dual wielding glowing tower shields.

You'd think the concept would have already been done by 40k at the least, because of how ridiculous it is, but no.

I was working last night so I missed the old man vs young girl wizard debate.

Give me a quick rundown please.

Lula, Nature Key, and Knitted Kitten. The grove will make a great reading room; I just hope the portal is large enough to get a comfy chair through. Lula is best girl, and I'll do this and that with her. I'm going to have make so many panties and model them for me.

Weapons are typically used more as a focus for magic (or a way to express it) rather than for their own qualities in the setting. Mostly because every mainline game has predetermined rules created as an excuse for the gameplay itself, but partly because Youkai basically can't die to mundane weapons no matter how many tiny pieces you cut them into because they're primarily spiritual entities, so they'll always come back. There's also no reason to use weapons on humans when anyone who would be going around trying to kill humans could just use magic instead.

There are weapons that are still dangerous to just about anyone in the setting like Highlander pointed out, but they're few and far between compared to most of the cast just shooting vague magic bullets at each other for 99% of their screentime.

The thread is still up, my dude.

Some people were pretending they wouldn't make themselves look like this if they had vast magical powers. Nothing worth discussing again.

Old wizards are just so much cooler.

Why would suddenly having them all having super magic power weapons be at all different then them shooting straight mind bullets at each other? I'm not seeing anything beyond an aesthetic difference.

I suggest a compromise.

I'm really interested in seeing a proper Gensokyo cyoa considering the average girl has enough power to sink a continent. Fucking Reimu and her rules though.

Compromise accepted.

The magic they use in the games is basically like playing dodgeball. It hurts if it hits you, but it's explicitly non-lethal and anyone has a chance to win against anyone else if they're good enough. If people were using real magic, conflicts would be very bloody and end very quickly most of the time. Weapons wouldn't really change anything by themselves because they'd be outranged pretty much all the time and thus totally worthless unless they can also shoot magic, or the person using them is really good with them, or they're like Gungnir and just never miss if you throw them at someone.

I'm not against weapons in the CYOA personally. I mean there are some cool weapons in Touhou as it is, though they're mostly lifted from other media but that's Highlander's thing anyway. Half of their effectiveness is how creative the person using them can be.

I mean as long as they're jacked and their body and mind haven't gone to shit I agree

man i wish this wasn't that the others would try to track down and kill the one i want, because i like alice but she would definitely get rekt by the other choices.

Do people actually pick Libyn when they Necromancer?
She seems like a dead choice from what I've seen, one I'm considering replacing.

Well, the major setting point is that duels allow them to use their abilities, otherwise they'll start to forget them.

But you can't exactly forget how to use a weapon that does the ability of its own

I don't remember who that is, post the PDFs.

Now begs the question of how fucked the situation if we need to get involved. Also begs the question of when the CYOA itself is set, if she's using the Ying-Yang balls we might be dealing with early PC-98 bullshit. Or later on after all the games when Marisa and Reimu are retired. Not dead. Pls don't kill my waifu Highlander.

Ok then.
I tried to reform her into a decent person, from the apparent edgelady she was before.

It's pick one for free, Pick two and deal with the other four, I think

>What you require is necromancy, for which I've listed some handy spells.
Kek, okay, I get it.
>Rejuvenate doesn't regenerate
Wait, what does it do, then?
You said in this post that Rejuvenate would restore muscle and possibly make the undead 'passable'.
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/52259788/#52268797

Libyn was the sorceress who could form weapons out of her body, like she had Natural Weapon on steroids.

All in all I think most of the companions are kind of bland because you give so little to describe them with and they're pretty much all either "looking to be led" or "looking to pass on their knowledge".

user apprentices don't fuck their wizard teacher!

oh yeah, you're right. i guess i was speedreading it lol

Look, get Rejuvenate and Regeneration and that one mummy girl and become a sexy mummy man that nobody can even tell is undead.

Part 2.

>Wait, what does it do, then?
>You said in this post that Rejuvenate would restore muscle and possibly make the undead 'passable'.
It will make wrinkly old dudes buff again, but not regrow their lost leg.

Why would anyone want to fuck him anyway. He has no boobies!!

>Elizabeth
>Aigu

>Read through the pdfs
>Get to the Not!Egyptian stuff
>Am suddenly in the mood for The Mummy movies
Thanks Sciencebama, now I have to find more Egyptian/fantasy egyptian movies.

I second this.

Good companions can't be described in 140 characters or less most of the time. A lot of them are very generic.

I'm actually doing one, I posted about it a while ago. 1.5 pages are done and I'll post the first page if people really want me to but there's a pretty high chance of me not finishing it at this rate, so I don't want to get people's hopes up. .

Watch the original Mummy movie. Karloff is great.

People would love a real Touhou CYOA, so be encouraged.

Is the first page moderately playable by itself?

Thanks, I'll try.

Yes, at least as far as your character/avatar goes.

Then post it already!

Reee reee something reee!!!

I'm still on the fence. I should also mention that the first page technically only has two choices and is largely lore/setup. Creating a character is only a small part of the overall thing, the real focus is on shaping Gensokyo and your place in it.

What is Touhou?

anime bullethell game about diaper headed girls

A series of really popular bullet hell games made by a music composer that loves beer.

Highlander evidently has some pre-concieved ideas and judging by how radical her shit tends to be it likely won't please the nostalgics of the Touhou audience. People want a touhou CYOA, give them choices.

There are plenty of choices, it's just that combat is not a large focus. There is a build path that makes you powerful and removes the spellcard rules but the details of your strength and abilities are entirely left to the player. The cyoa is about getting to go to your own ideal gensokyo, whether it be for lewd, comfy, or fun purposes. The dark options are there, but it's not supported as well as the other stuff.

>really popular bullet hell games

loooool

They are really popular in jp.

Does anyone have that cyoa where you got to love-fu some girl or guy who was about to awaken seasonal powers?

>pick Ava
>Learn how she gets away with every crime
>Then drug her, tie her up, rape/torture her to death, and dispose of the body so it's never found

Oh fuck yeah. Yandere CYOAs that have mundane but extremely evil yanderes are the best, because then I can imagine killing them.

Think we will ever see a new image version?

It's called Random Powers by Jaundice. It should be in one of the collections in the pastebin.

Why the fuck would anyone tripfag as a liver disease?

Oh YEAH! I've missed smashing you to bits, the unemployment line was getting rather boring.

Is the autism rampage over?

At least try to release the Traveller stuff by Sunday. I've been dying to see the new updates.

They never posted it under a name as far as I've seen, but that is the name inside the cyoa as part of the title, so who knows. Why do people choose handles like Poopboypat? Probably because they think it's funny or something.

Interesting thing I've noticed - third version in general lends more power to Necromancer than first and second versions did. Plentora of powerful spells and benevolent companion-mentors (without creep) to chose from. Might be or not be a good thing: limitations for them can always be imagined to compensate.

Many thanks for updating, I think I've got enough inspiration to base a story around your CYOA.

Does anyone else spend hours agonizing over which companions to pick in huge CYOAs like Traveller, Order, Pokemon Personified, ect?
How do you widdle it down?
I've actually taken to going through and giving each one a grade from D to A+ based on my first impressions of the description, anyone else that autistic?

no

companions are the most pointless part of cyoas for me, they never feel real

What would make them feel more real, user?

not being fictional
not being in a cyoa
not being written by an autist who hasn't spoken to anyone except his waifu in over a month

Easy. I pick my waifu/husbando. Then I pick the ugliest, most aspie companions so they can't cuck me. Probably. :(

>so they can't cuck me.
That's half the reason I almost always go full harem.
The half of the reason is to try and fight my crippling fear of abandonment by surrounding myself with as many cute girls as possible so that odds are at least one will stay beside me no matter what.

>Interesting thing I've noticed - third version in general lends more power to Necromancer than first and second versions did.
Do you mean power as in agency or power as in metaphorical magic muscles?
Furthermore, is this noticed as a good or bad thing?
>Plentora of powerful spells and benevolent companion-mentors (without creep) to chose from.
Plethora
Is that creep as in creepiness or as in power creep, because I tried to balanced the companions so they're all equally interesting and moderately balanced. I did have critique saying the companions all fall into certain categories (unintentional) and tried to fix it, but i guess there's only so much you can say in that small box.

I was thinking though, i could always double the number of companion pages and then double the detail each companion receives.

>Many thanks for updating, I think I've got enough inspiration to base a story around your CYOA.
You're very welcome. Inspiring people makes me feel good.

Is having options to trade them for other things then beneficial?
Because i did that.

I just pick the manliest men to ever man.

While you can pick enemies, does that mean that the ones that you don't pick will/can never become your enemies? I assume they still exist even if you didn't pick them.

I just pick whoever I think I could consider peers and friends. And occasionally daughterus, I'll admit a slight weakness there.

The ones that say explicitly they will even if you don't pick them will for sure.
The way i think it makes sense is to think of it this way:
>pick enemies, get mad dosh
>fate puts plans into motion for enemies to fight you
>don't pick enemies
>fate snoozes, enemies can decide for themselves, if they even know of you

For instance, the Arch Lich is your enemy because your choice of lair is an incursion into their territory. If you don't pick Arch Lich, it's not.
However you can still trespass into their territory. You could also get in touch beforehand and end up completely avoiding any misunderstandings.
Iem’Ha’Tapihr was awoken because you fucked up. If you don't pick it then you didn't fuck up that time. It doesn't preclude you from fucking up in the future, and as immortality is seen as a necessity, you probably will fuck up in the future.
So on, so forth.

>occasionally daughterus, I'll admit a slight weakness there.
I know what that's like user.

Ew...

>Kathy
>she'd like you to go shipping with her
kantai collection joke or typo?
>Beth
>She's gotten more quite and recluse
so typo then

Do you plan doing something with Leuchtevsto? Nobody wants to go there because of scary elves.

>Is having options to trade them for other things then beneficial?
Cross-resourcing imo is not really a good idea depending on the context, especially in /CYOAg/. Remember that half the people here are power trippers who would rather min/max than having camaderie.

Some CYOA sections have to be independent from other sections. Companions and powers sharing the resource is basically inviting all of the autists to only pick powers, as an example.

>No more items
>No intown inns option
>Lair choses fk up, can't pick town and specific place in it
>Full time necromancer aprintece can be Soldier/Barkeeper/Carpenter/etc in same time
I defenetly like where this one goes.

Let's post oddly specific fantasies you've never seen fulfilled in any cyoa.

I want a fellow dom vampire waifu to make me a vampire, then we both go out hunting for cute sub human boys and girls to ravish at night. To be honest, open relationships in general seem to be pretty rare in cyoas. Don't dare call it cucking either.

>being this much of a cuck