Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Time To Die Edition

Tell us about the times your character has died through causes not entirely out of their control? Whether it was taking their own life, or willingly sacrificing it, give us the moments that tugged at your heartstrings!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Sphere of Power playtest:
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Life Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nleygezvFGU
youtu.be/HK3FAmLhGJs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One of my characters died when the DM decided to end the campaign by having one of my former characters nuke the place with a low-orbit ion cannon.

I chose to lure an iron golem our jackass cleric had infused with fire magic out onto a rickety pier, hoping it'd fall into the water and...I didn't know what, but hopefully be unable to swim.

The golem didn't break the thing with its weight, and so I took one swing too many before our sorcerer managed to take out the support beams. The golem was destroyed when it got submerged in the water, but my character had been pulped the turn before.

>DHB makes a cute reverse trap with a magic sword
I WANT TO VIOLATE IT

Not a pathfinder story, but relevant to the question.

I was playing a scumbag fighter out to make some money, but when push came to shove, I chose to be a team player OoC and try to save the rest of the party from their own stupidity

>Find room with hypno trap
>I pass my save, I close the door, and say "don't go in there"
>Fight begins
>Wizard runs in the room and gets hypnotized
>but why though
>Rogue follows after to save him, also fails save
>but why though
>fight is going pretty poorly, cleric runs in to get them out and back in the fight
>fails his save, joins them in being hypnotized
>Paladin bails because the yugoloth is wrecking our faces something awful
>I act out of character and try to save them for OoC reasons
>Burn a magic item to "learn everything about this trap"
>DM tells me it's a stone statue that needs to be broken
>I go in and deal like 90 damage to it in one round, accomplish nothing
>Yugoloth comes in and kills me because the statue had 100 hp
>Leaves the dumbasses to starve to death
>They get saved by fiat, but not me

Hey 2hu, if you're around, do you still have a link to your repository of character tokens?

The entire app would be much better if she was still in the act of raising money to buy the priest's freedom. The problem with the app is that it has FAR too much detail on things that are completely irrelevant (who fucking cares who Hafsa is?) and doesn't give enough detail on things that ARE very relevant. Some surface thoughts:

How old is Borgor? We know he's at least 14 years older than the character. It's easy to picture him being a kindly, elderly priest, but we don't know for sure. If he is elderly, did the authorities ever stop to think about how he might have lived a double life as an art thief talented enough to steal from several homes? Why would an old man be put into slavery? Who would buy an old man slave? Who would refuse to allow an old man slave's debt to be paid off? Is refusing to allow a slave's debt to be paid off something that can even be done?

>Who would buy an old man slave

Back in the day, the only old male slaves that tend to get sold were teachers.

>t. former slave owner

>(who fucking cares who Hafsa is?)
I should remove him probably.

> It's easy to picture him being a kindly, elderly priest, but we don't know for sure. If he is elderly, did the authorities ever stop to think about how he might have lived a double life as an art thief talented enough to steal from several homes?
I was envisioning him in his late 20s when he originally found Essa. Then by the time he was imprisoned he'd be in his early 40s.

>Who would buy an old man slave? Who would refuse to allow an old man slave's debt to be paid off? Is refusing to allow a slave's debt to be paid off something that can even be done?
The idea was that the same guy he was accused of stealing from bought him, then used connections with local judges to block attempts at purchasing Borger's freedom.

You bring up a lot of good points. I need to do a bit more editing. Thank you.

This is what I was thinking, but I should specify it explicitly.

This all reminds me that I need to find some time to make the edits maximum sleep suggested to me

Oh, is he doing reviews? I'd wanted one.

Maybe nothing quite so formal, but he said a while back that he'd give feedback on their apps if they asked. He gave me some a few days ago.

Does Golarion have feelium? I want off this wild ride.

No, but I'm sure there's some alchemical euthenasia or something out there.

Or just commit Sudoku.

What happened?

On a scale of 1 to PLD, how lewd is Legacy of Blood and Flame supposed to be?

>DHB made flat character instead of titty monster
confirmed for good taste

Who makes the best buddy cop couple in /pfg/?

I'm guessing it's probably more lewd than it's letting on, the DM is in Wrath of the Raunchy after all. Still I think it's probably on the low end. If we treat 1 as 1 and PLD as 10, I'd say a 3 or 4.

The DM could offer 0 lewd opportunities and the PCs will find a way.

Vult and PLD-Shitposter

What is pld? what does it stand for?

Yep, I've already started planning out which PCs I'd fuck in case I get in

Pussy Loving Dragons

Pretty Lion Dames, it's a /pfg/ game set in the Thundercats setting.

Valeriya and Song Lilin neverever.

So who is the Masshole here from Lynn?

Go on...

I probably live at most 20 mins from that guy

Is this the one that crosses over with He-Man?

I didn't even sign up for RotRK but I'm in so much fucking suspense waiting for the list.

He saw an opportunity of a lifetime and couldn't resist, despite it leading to his temporary death: slam dunking a giant barrel of tar from atop the battlements onto the head of a giant warlord. For the five weeks he was dead, he dribbled with Kurgess in Elysium.

In no specific order:
>Rajima Al-Imayya
>Shanan al-Kelmarayn
>Sakara
>Iuni al-Rajiyah

Nobody from the Cape?

Someone post the list of characters.

SigmundxGloriana otp?

One of these things is not like the others.

Not me.

Huh, I didn't even notice that. Yeah Sakara needs an Al-something last name

pud

Well the GM considers the ship perfect, I'd say yeah.

Bummer. Lynn is a little far.

youtube.com/watch?v=nleygezvFGU

YOU HAVE MY INTEREST.

youtu.be/HK3FAmLhGJs

COME ON AND SLAM

He died as he lived: slammin'

Finally, the long-awaited /y/ ship.

He did yell "COME ON AND SLAM AND WELCOME TO THE STOLEN LANDS, MOTHERFUCKER" while doing it.

3 of those characters are female...

We wiped today against a Cleric who buffed herself up and killed the Barbarian (me) and the Unchained Monk. The Fey Adept and the Witch ran away and retired.

I had assumed user was a boy. But if user is girl, then forget it, the list is worthless!

Well 1 is male, so user seems to swing in all directions regardless

What level were you?

>The Fey Adept and the Witch ran away and retired.
Wuh? Why? They couldn't handle a cleric?

Level 4. Cleric was level 6 and alone. Was a Changeling who relied on natural attacks.

Anyone got some decent dwarf pictures?

Need one for a Mutation Warrior Myrmidon VMC Barbarian. Drink, get mad, hulk out.

I offer you the pinnacle of dwarfkind.

From Races of Faerun

I was contemplating using that for a few hours.

WHAT IS THIS? A DWARF FOR DWARVES?

Okay then. How about the OTHER pinnacle of dwarfkind?

It was the only picture I could find of the 3.0 Battlerager.

>Sigmund x Gloriana
>Not Sigmund x Bonbon

>Not Bon-Bon x Zon-Zon

Pathetic

I have to find a way to use that.

Warforged Paladin held the door to buy the party time to escape from a dragon of some kind. The party had given him a place to belong outside of the army, where his faith was considered an unnatural thing.

Last thing the party saw of him waswith his arms wrapped around the dragon's head, punching it in the face repeatedly, before it took him underwater.

Both is good.

>Sigmund and Gloriana going at it while Bonbon makes commentary

So I haven't been following this game for about a year (shortly after horror adventure).

What kind of ridiculous archetype / spell does Paizo release after that?

>Bon-Bon

We Ding-a-Ling now?

Deific Obedience (Magdh) I believe it's called, does some real freaky things to make Intelligence even more powerful.

Those bells are going to get real annoying if they're going throughout the entire act, you know.

Did a quick search.. Is that the one that give +4 to all INT check?

It is not quite ready for public viewing.

Yuppers, it's bullshit is what it is, especially when you grab Orator and suddenly Diplomacy is an Int check.

Hell, you can do that with Student of Philosophy and Clever Wordplay.

What is Paizo's obsession with stealing what few nice things Charisma has and giving them to Intelligence for half a feat?

Yea, verily a towering intellect will allow one to speak-good to the ladies and court them with your wiles, as opposed to those brutish "hunks" with their thuggish ways!

Because Charisma is, was, and always will be, a garbage stat.

What else is open besides WWW and Shardwalkers right now?

>not making Initiative based off of Wisdom
>Not making Will saves based off of charisma

I want to implement those houserules desu

Legacy of Blood and Fire

You know, I've never been sure about that. Student of Philosophy only lets you use Int for some things, and while Clever Wordplay changes it to use Int instead of Cha, I've never seen a ruling that says that a stat-swap makes Diplomacy an Int based skill.

I would like to revisit an earlier Spheres of Might build:

• 3rd-level technician with double hackbut: 8d6 base damage (Sniping's deadly shot: 16d6 damage)

• 4th-level technician with double hackbut: 8d6 base damage (Sniping's deadly shot with Combat Sphere Specialization: 24d6 damage)

• 5th-level technician with double hackbut: 16d6 base damage (Sniping's deadly shot with Combat Sphere Specialization: 48d6 damage)

• 8th-level technician with double hackbut: 16d6 base damage (Sniping's deadly shot with Combat Sphere Specialization and Vital Strike via retraining: 80d6 damage)

• 9th-level technician with double hackbut: 32d6 base damage (Sniping's deadly shot with Combat Sphere Specialization and Vital Strike via retraining: 160d6 damage)

• 12th-level technician with double hackbut: 32d6 base damage (Sniping's deadly shot with Combat Sphere Specialization and Vital Strike via retraining: 192d6 damage)

• 13th-level technician with double hackbut: 64d6 base damage (Sniping's deadly shot with Combat Sphere Specialization and Vital Strike via retraining: 384d6 damage)

• 15th-level technician with double hackbut: 64d6 base damage (Sniping's deadly shot with Combat Sphere Specialization and Improved Vital Strike: 448d6 damage)

• 16th-level technician with double hackbut: 64d6 base damage (Sniping's deadly shot with Combat Sphere Specialization and Improved Vital Strike: 512d6 damage)

• 17th-level technician with double hackbut: 128d6 base damage (Sniping's deadly shot with Combat Sphere Specialization and Improved Vital Strike: 1,024d6 damage)

• 20th-level technician with double hackbut (capstone): 128d6 base damage (Sniping's deadly shot with Combat Sphere Specialization and Improved Vital Strike: 1,152d6 damage)

Powerful round seems to actually be referring to size steps, at least at 2d6 damage and beyond, because the super-heated improvement earlier stipulates:
>one die step (1d8, 1d10, 2d6, 3d6)
The progression is atypical, however.

It's a skill that's based off intelligence; that makes it an Int based skill.

Oh, that's the Arabian Nights game, right? I'll check that one out, sounds fun.

Hey, has anyone else gotten a PM about RotRK yet?

I was about to reply "not yet" to this, then lo and behold, one just showed up.

Really? Unless you find me a ruling that says that I'm just going to assume that you can't change a skill's base. Sure, you can use one stat instead of another, but diplomacy using int instead of cha is still a cha based skill.

Yes?

Noticing the apparent scheduling issues of PLD, do you think DMs should just set a static time for their game when they open?

>diplomacy using int instead of cha is still a cha based skill.

>Bonus based on Int
>Still Cha based

Yes, this whole wishy-washy "Oh whatever" attitude is alien to me.

Well yeah. Diplomacy is a cha based skill. Where does it say that Clever Wordplay changes that? Answer, it doesn't. It says you use Intelligence instead of Charisma, but words are specific and it never says the word "Based."

Vult's just trying to make you sweat, boss. Don't fall for it!

>Diplomacy is a cha based skill.

"Based" determines what ability score is used to calculate the bonus. Clever Wordplay doesn't say it changes the that, because it's implied.

>DHB about to be BTFO again
ALL DAY EVERY DAY

I'm not playing but the topic interests me. I'm wondering how open the scheduling of a game should be even if the DM has a lot of availability.

Find me where it says that. Skills have their base, and the ability score they use. Clever Wordplay changes the score it uses, but not its base.

What the hell do you think "base" is?