Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Ant-grognard grognards BTFO, edition.

>previous thread
Daily Duncan(meme): youtube.com/watch?v=Vr7jC00Ip34

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/Zeh7nhC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ok /40kg/, I will reiterate your mission parameters:

Expand the Orks, Tau and Necrons and Tyranids into their own alliances ! You may add races, retcons may happen but must preserve the current demeanor of the faction.

Are you a bad enough dude to do that?

Page 7 new thread, purty gud.

Orkanid boyz after I retcon Armageddon.

That one Tau chick becomes canon and closes the warp.

Obviously Tau should just expand to have all their subjugated races.

What is your favourite game format? How many points is just perfect for you?

1500pts. Killteam is fun too.

The Tyranid alliance obviously should have zoats. And also treat each hive fleet like a traitor legion with it's own bonuses and different decurion style detachment.

1,500 points, any Eternal War mission with the Vanguard Deployment mode removed from game is my bread and butter.

> Necrons
Tomb World- Stock book
C'Tan- Horror elements, extermination
Triarch- Royal elements, elites
Dragon Cult- AdMech splinter cult. Pariahs, voltaic weapons, necrodermic monsters, Abominable Intelligences

> Orks
Orks- Stock book
Ferals- Squiggoths, boars, Snakebites
Freebootaz- Ork Deathwatch, flashy bits
Diggaz- Human elements. Junk rats, Witness Me!, Borderlands/Mad Max style, massed vehicles

> Tyranids
Hive Fleet- Stock
Lost Fleets- Imperial Agents book. Ymgarl, Zoats, Devils, Krakens
Genestealer Cults

> Tau
Tau Empire- Stock book
Enclaves- Battlesuit spam, more aggressive
Kroot- Light infantry, Knarlocs, Battle of Kashyyyk style
Alien Auxiliaries- Imperial Agents book. Tarellian Dog Soldiers, Vespid & Queen, Nicassar, go full-on Covenant

>Orks
General Ork Codex
Klans now have their own fluff and codices/supplement (Snakebites and Evil Sunz get the major focus, read: Squiggoth spam army and robot army)
Deep and convulted storyline how Evil Sunz change their red faction color to orange (orange makes their machines more powerful) and the Speed Freekz get pissed off and fuck off from the klan
Gretchin codex
New race: Space Ogres/Rogue Ogryns codex

>Necrons
C'tan (Vampire Cunts in Space and revenge-seeking rivals with their oldcrons against the Newcrons)
Trazyn supplement
Tomb Spider and Necron Machinery Codex
Probably Dynasties getting their own supplements

>Tyranids
Main Tyranid Codex (Posterboys are a new Hivefleet that has a Hive Tyrant being able to communicate and give heavy bantz to Orks)
Genestealer Cult
Zoans get reintroduced into the main nid army and get their own codex
Lictor and their alternate versions codex
Popular Hivefleets get their own supplements

>Tau
Tau Empire
Farsight Conclave
Melee Tau Codex based around the third pupil
Kroot Codex
Alien Auxilaries (Vespids, Demiurgs etc. you can field them as an army or as allies)

How would triarchs differ from tomb worlds?

Orks need more Grot options.

>Orks need more Grot options
Grots need to be removed tho

Thinking about running this with the Vostroyan Firstborn models. I wish we got regimental rules for the IG.
Yeah, they should make grot tanks as plastic models.

Gets you the Silent King, for one.
I thought we were splitting the books into hundreds of sub-factions like AoS.

Could spin a few units out of it.
Some kind of TEq. Maybe a monstrous statue.

Triarchs never went to sleep and had millions of years to do their own thing while preserving Necrontyr history and stuff. Expect cooler and rarer toys maybe.

Rate it boys. I've had pretty good luck with it so far. The libarians use magic to swooce Bobby up the board, and then the Vanguards tie everyone down until he can charge.

Would not play against/10

>I thought we were splitting the books into hundreds of sub-factions like AoS.
The idea was to introduce side factions and give (mini) codices to stuff from the lore to bolster the alliances.

>1851

Do your friends know that they play with a saloon cheat?

Can somebody share Dente book?

>Alliances aren't a joke anymore but a very real possibility

feels bad man

>1 point over
>literally has wargear choices worth 1 point
what a faggot, look at him and laugh

I like the basic idea.
We ran a map campaign with Imperial factions vs Eldar flavors and it was fun as fuck, would be cool to be able do that with an actually interesting Xenos alliance.

500 points for stuff like the 40k version of triumph and treachery, 1,000 for most standard missions. My small group will play stuff like Zone Mortalis or specific FW campaign missions if I organise it.

Continued from last thread. On our turn I managed to get a lucky Misfortune off and Abaddon and his bodyguard and a Wyvern/ Guardsman were enough to get him down to one wound from some lucky lasgun salvos'. And one of my Russes wiped out some bikers with a battle cannon hit. And Chimeras plus Punisher Pask and some other fire managed to kill some Raptors. And my Rough Riders simul killed some more Raptors in the assault phase too.

NEW OFFICIAL GRAND ALLIANCES CONFIRMED

> Imperium of Man
Adeptus Astartes
Astra Militarum
Eccesiarchy
Inquisition

> Adeptus Mechanicus
Cult Mechanicus
Skitarii Titan Guard
Legio Cybernetica
Adeptus Titanica

> Aeldari
Craftworlders
Corsairs/Dark Eldar
Harlequins
Exodites

> Chaos
Chaos Space Marines
Chaos Daemons
Renegades & Heretics
Dark Adeptus

> Tau Empire
Tau Empire
Farsight Enclaves
Kroot
Alien Auxiliaries

> Orks
Ork WAAAGH!
Feral Orks
Freebootaz
Diggaz

> Necrons
Necron Dynasties
Triarch
C'Tan Legions
Cult of the Dragon

> Tyranids
Hive Fleet Behemoth
Hive Fleet Kraken
Hive Fleet Leviathan
Genestealer Cults

Nice try, shitposter

>seperating Admech from IoM
WHY

Chaos lord after his unit of Raptors was obliterated in combat.

The Tau book is pointless. Everyone would take the Enclaves.

Do you have any better pics of the Chaos Lord? The conversion from the new BA chaplain seems like a cool idea.

Well, I like "pure" Tau lore-wise more

Replace those two sentinels by a pair of Wyverns and you have a pretty decent list.

>Different hive fleets
>Not a brand new type of nid based on them absorbing some weird xenos
That said if Cult of The Dragon were real i would totally play it.

I'll remember that when my opponent rapes me, but I'm gonna try for the Sentinels because I really love the models.

>Renegades & Heretics
>Dark Adeptus

As much as I want this, stop. Will never ever happen. Especially since we'll lose the Renegades with 8th edition.

Well maybe if it was a trade-off to take FE instead of just being better formations, all relics, crisis troops and mandatory bondage knives.

Orks get a supplement for every Klan equally. Blood Axes and Freebootas count as being part of every alliance but Tyranids, and cannot be taken in forces with Chaos Daemons.

Just give Tau auxiliaries already. Seriously. Do it.

Necron Dynasties are given supplements like the Orks.

Tyranids and Genestealers.

Reminder that anyone who says Orks should use Boys should be reported and ignored.

They both took Raptor formations that let them Assault out of deepstrike. They also took a Posessed formation as they came in turn two right in front of the Guard lines. They tried sending some more lascannons at my Shadowsword with no successs. One of their Heldrakes came in as well and flamed some Guardsman as well but not much happened in shooting They charged the Possessed and Warp Talons into my main Guard blob. The first unit killed enough to be disengaged from combat and the second one sadly wiped the Guardsmen out to the last man. They also charged terminators into conscripts which somehow managed to hold the line.

Best I got user.

I used to have friends that played 40k, but they all quit. Now i've noone to game with. How do you guys suggest i convince/force/trick/blackmail my friends into getting back into the hobby?

We hold the line to our last breath.

Whats the best anti tank leman russ?
Whats the best all around good leman russ?

Do you live near a GW or an LGS?

Damn OPs pic really brings me back. I remember loving those mini on kolfers old 40k site

Whe have they left? What are they playing right now?

Damn, looks cool from what I can tell. The wings might make him a cool Raptor Tzeentch Lord.

Best AT russ: Exterminator
Best allrounder: Eradicator

Just buy it user or wait a few months

About 45 minutes away. How are the crowds generally at LGS and GW stores usually? Are they feiendly to newcomers/newbs to the game?

Vanquisher is probably best anti-tank and Executioner is probably the best all around one.

Nobz only, then?

>GW has gotten less retarded
>Custodes and skits aria, everybody loves those

Used to play orks/nids/guards respectively but one passed away and everyomlne stopped playing basically

Eradication Ray or Volkite for Admech Dominus? Also best forge world knight for Admech?

I want to run a Victrix Strike Force at 1500 points, what auxiliary should I use?

Oh as in what games are they playing? Wasting hours and hours infront of MMOs basically lol. Im getting tired and burnt out on vidya and now want to do some tabletop games but they refuse

Oh, I'm sorry then. Well, you can tell them that 8e is coming, be open to house-rules so playing orks and nids would be a little more appealing, suggest starting new armies but on budget, you know - I have dragged my firends into ___AoS___ by playing 500pts group. We had a great time painting our little armies, trying new stuff etc. Just make them newbies again - the first steps into hobby was the best time for me

Ease them in with tabletop simulator, that's what I've been doing (it's working).

Might have to wait till 8th to sway em because orcs and nids suck rightnow.

Has the Adeptus Custodes Codex been uploaded yet?

Yeah maybe he could introduce them to HoR kill team? Very small games, could use their existing armies to create multiple lists for it pretty easily and it could encourage them to try out new armies. Its not perfectly balanced but its better than GW.

You will never be this happy.
:(

Exterminator with multimeltas and lascannon. Vanquisher with the same extras is good too.

Pask in a Punisher with those same extras is the best against everything.

Exterminator and Executioner are your best bet for most well rounded. Exterminator with plasma cannons or heavy bolters is good against anything. Executioner with plasma cannons and lascanno is amazing anti infantry and anti Mc. It's also decent against vehicles because you have a lot of shots and ap2. It's very expensive though.

Eradicator is your best budget tank that is still good against a lot of things. Plus it takes away re rollable bike jinks.

> New guy shows up at my shop
>Only plays the cheesiest shit like barkstar, smashfucker, and over cheesed Tau and Eldar builds
>Is baffled why no one wants to play with him
>Somehow has a GF that refuses to play with male minis, will only play girls ala Sisters of either kind
>Never paints his minis, his GF does that for him

How do I explain to him that he's being a cunt, and that for most players it's just about enjoying the game and hobby, not just about winning?

Those faces don't look very nurgle-y to me.
I mean, apart from the smile.

make sure he gets no games until he starts playing none WAAC lists.

Our turn two all of my Scions came in and one Vendetta came in too. Melta Scions wiped out a Land Raider and my other Scions wiped out a few Warp Talons and CSM. Abaddon also got VANQUISHED by my tank commander and a Chimera and regular battle tank popped a Rhino. My ally's Devil Dogs killed a Land Raider and his veterans charged and killed another Rhino. And my Shadowsword couldn't shoot It's main gun so it rammed a Land Raider but it wouldn't get a flipped result (till later). A Hellturkey also got blown out of the air too.

Without hull/sponson weapons best AT is Vanquisher if you use FW or Divination psykers, Demolisher if not. All around best is the Exterminator, I wish you could take hull/sponson Autocannons for maximum S7 shooting.

And I'm still surprised why everyone always takes the bait and charge the Guardsmen instead of the tanks but my Conscripts were able to hold and kill a few Terminators too in combat.

>Never paints his minis, his GF does that for him

Why did he even bother ? Paint is a huge part of the fun when you do hobby.

CAN I PRIME MY MODELS WITH MECHANICUS GREY BUT IN THE POT

>CAN I PRIME MY MODELS WITH SOMETHING THAT ISN'T PRIMER

Im torn between atrapos or acheron but leaning toward atrapos for pure fuckery. Also i guess volkite is better since i havent heard that great things from eradication ray

I like modeling, playing, socializing, reading fluff, but hate painting. Am I having wrong-bad fun too?

Is that an egg or a hood?

Depends, are you a WAAC fag ?

My Veterans hunting down and killing a Chaos lord

Eradication Ray. The Volkite's a cool nod back to 30k, but it's not all that great. The Macropistol gives your Dominus decent anti-infantry fire anyway.

Daily reminder: Play to the mission and crush puss.

>diggaz
oh god, yes

First for Female marines!

It's 2017 and 8th edition already, make it happen GW. Don't be known as the Drumpf of table top.

I am similar. Painting is my least liked part of this hobby. I still do it though. I have most of my army painted even though it's all very eh

Ill tell you what tank ISNT the best AT.

The vanquisher. Single-shot and BS 3 is hilariously shit.

What if winning is how he enjoys the hobby?

On their turn three another Helldick came in and a Raptor squad mishapped and killed itself after deepstriking in. A Lord of Change also popped up and mulched some of my ally's Guardsmen as well. They also managed to get my Shadowsword down to two hullpoints with pyschic powers but all of their Heretek powers combined were unable to stop it. They managed to kill a Leman Russ with Havocs but most of their success came in combat.

Then he should try a list people might actually want to play against

Fuck off

Dont take the bait Veeky Forums

Last FW thunderhawk was sold. Meet new plastic thunderhawk, pic is from HH Inferno.

I can fap to this

go get a new hobby then

A discord server for all things GW! perfect for when the thread is dead or you want faster conversation.

discord.gg/Zeh7nhC

these threads have been going four a day why do we need a discord

>Another huge expensive plastic model that won't be fun to play against.

Great.

I wanna fuck those marine tits