Mouseguard

I'm going to be running a Mouse Guard game for the first time. I have read the comics (they're fantastic) and am looking for ideas and art for the game. Has anyone ran it before? What are some good tips for running the game and setting up missions?

Other urls found in this thread:

reapermini.com/OnlineStore/mouslings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As a GM for a semi-regular Mouse Guard group, I can tell you that you'll need to make sure your players (and you) are ready for the gaming experience that Mouse Guard brings to the table. It isn't for everyone. Certainly not for the murdehobo, loot-happy players types typical to Fantasy gaming.
It also has a structure completely unlike every RPG out there. The players and the GM each get one extended turn per challenge event and failure for the players isn't just an option... it's a likelihood. You need to make sure your players are ok with not "winning" every fight or sometimes breaking even. Many times over the course of a single season, they'll fail, often quite spectacularly.

On the plus side, they'll rarely actually die as a result of their misadventures. Over the course of 2 editions and about 3 dozen adventures, I've only lost 4 player Mice due to mishaps.

I understand the idea behind the GM's turn, that doesn't sound too different than any other rpg. But I'm a little confused on how to run the Player's turn. How much control do they have during this phase?

Maybe have an alchemist try to make a hand held cannon like a flintlock? After he makes a testing version he gets assassinated by a rival alchemist and thus there is only one version that still needs some parts.

not a player myself but i know that Reaper mniature have released a series of "mousling miniatures that you could use as PC or NPC figures.

reapermini.com/OnlineStore/mouslings