Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Team Mascot Edition

When was the last time your DM gave your party a cute mascot? How did he twist your emotional attachment to it to mindbreak your character?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Sphere of Power playtest:
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Life Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So the idea of a "Iron Kings" AP mashup is a bit terrible then? Would any amount of GM work fix it and could a noob GM do it?

Looks like Mind book has gotten some updates.

Can I prematurely retired a character on purpose so he can help the party from a position of power?

Would Lunar Oracle's Prophetic Armor stack with Prescient Dodger?

What strength score is ideal for a beach bod? I'm trying to make a total hunk and I need something that's got abs, but not too much slab.

Also, what rogue archetypes are best for a lovable scamp?

Remider that the Beach Bod isn't the strongman body

Conquering Numeria could be a thing, but it's so difficult to mash the two APs together that it's really not worth it.

Adding technology to Brevoy and the Stolen Lands is not only just as hard if not more so, it's a worse idea due to how busted the tech rules are.

Using the basic idea of a mad AI (or any other creature) starting up a cult and becoming a mythic demigod while trying to spread its influence and become a true deity is decent, and you could even add in other parts of Iron Gods' plot.

But overall, no, a noob GM couldn't do it, and shouldn't waste their time on it.

Str 20, Dex 24, Con 20.
Nothing less than that can ever be counted as "ideal"

>t. Veeky Forums

New game when?

So! How was your weekend, /pfg? Do anything fun or exciting, game-related or otherwise?

>rogues
>having str scores
>beach bods

Probably 13, because that's "higher than average" and also the minimum requirement for Power Attack/Furious Focus/etc. Grab EWP for something you can two-hand with finesse, pump Dex, and laugh as you are now the only class in the game with 1.5x dex-to damage while 2-handing.

Thought so.

What changes could I make to Kingmaker to make it less... shit?

>literally unattainable by a human without using magic or isn't a savage technologist barbarian

We're all gonna make it brah.

This is the board that calls everyone under 190 cm a manlet when that's like 85th percentile.

My aunt who has been living with my family for a few years had a stroke. I found out this last friday when I went to visit my family. They didn't want to tell me over the phone because they thought it was important to tell me in person.

I feel really guilty about it. She was old and senile but when I left last time I told her "I'd be back in two weeks". Things came up and it turned into three weeks. So the last weekend before she had the stroke I was supposed to be there and wasn't.

She isn't conscious, she can't speak. I told her I was sorry and that I loved her. There isn't really a chance of recovery, she's almost 90. She isn't going to get better, but she's home and that's what matters. She's probably going to pass within the next two weeks since she can't eat.

It just hurts.

Damn user. I'm sorry.

My grand uncle died a month ago. He lost conciousness and died about 2 hours before I arrived at the hospital. The reason: one of the trains were cancelled.
Shit happens, I feel you.

>>When was the last time your DM gave your party a cute mascot?
>DM lets me have a baby dragon I carry around
>all he does is sleep

I wish...

How would you guys feel about ripping out a few of the old magus features and turning them into arcana, while making arcana every even level or something?

I'm seriously considering starting one. There isn't much open right now that appeals to my tastes. But it would be pretty scaled back from your typical /pfg/ sort of deal.. first level, single class, core books only, 10 or 15 point buy, custom adventure not from a published module, sort of a rural 'small fish in a small pond' type of stakes at first, mostly focused on attempting to revive a failing province on the cusp of succumbing to a hundred lesser evils.

The party realized their enemy is a 20th level Shadow Avowed and that he's actively hunting them for leaving some of their past companions to die.

>On the other hand, though, the class is meant to have a combat focus and giving them access to that much non-combat utility and such seems to dilute the class' purpose.
See I disagree. I've always thought of them as basically a built-in dual class of Fighter and Wizard. They're the guys who aren't "real" casters but they have the ability to handle themselves when it comes to blows. You could easily, in my opinion, have a magus who thought it'd be nice to be able to fight and do other things with the power of a Wizard he saw when he was a kid walking around with ten Floating Disks behind him carrying tons of gold.

>with AoEs he can drop on himself without needing to be suicidal

>TFW a magus archetype that could exclude themselves from AoEs would make my dream of a Milani worshiping or Cult of the Dawnflower suicide bomber complete

Reminds me of a 3.5 game I was in.
The wizard took a pseudodragon familiar because he thought it'd be cool.
>GM actively refused to let it ever participate in any meaningful fashion or contribute.
>GM took over playing the familiar and declared that it hated him
>GM decided the familiar did nothing but eat and got too fat to fly or move
>Wizard effectively lost his ability to have a familiar
This was the kind of GM who based half his campaign on just fucking with people because he thought it'd be funny. It took me a while to realize that he was the kind of *person* who based his *life* on doing exactly that.

Magus of Peace (tm)

What's the proper age to marry a princess/young noble?

I'd be up for that, there's not enough comfy games these days. SoP allowed or no?

We had fun with our first difficult fight and bamboozled /pfg/ at the same time.

LaTeX

Hmm
How about a game wednesday/thursday at afternoon CEST?
/pfg/ still have free people?

Aw shit nigga, my grandfather died like, two weeks ago, so I know this pain. Looking at someone who's on their last legs is soulcrushing, but he's probably happier now.

I can still feel his hands, man. Ice cold, but he wouldn't let go. Someone just being willing to sit with him was enough to get him to crack a smile when he could stay awake.

But why would you want to exclude yourself from the blast radius? Why wouldn't you want to feel that sensation?

In my case, I think the GM just doesn't know what to do with it. To be honest I'm not sure what to do with it either.

Was it cancer? My own grandfather died years ago, but it was sudden as hell. He was fishing and swimming and everything, fuck he vaulted a two-meter high brick wall (used to be a military guy). Then literally a month later he was a husk who couldn't even move and another two weeks it was over.

Had a great session full of impact when Casimir went down. Looking forward to some of the IC conversations that will happen once we're in a situation where we can bunch up into a few smaller groups again.

ree

Go away Dorkness. You're unwanted here. No one likes you. Now go to my room and pray for forgiveness on your hands and knees.

Repostan, since I got no responses

Tell me, how shit would I be if I wanted to play a Mystic Theurge? What is their Tier range?

>well-written characters try to leg it before they have to be in a Paizo AP
>briefly pause to marvel at the merits of hobgoblin fitness program
>continue running when they glance down and realize who's writing the book

>core books only
Ehhhhhhh, 1pp only I could deal with, but "core books only" has too much baggage associated with it
>10-15 PB instead of the comfy, middling 20
Rest in pieces any attempts to play a martial

A-at least the synopsis seems to not be involving Molthune too much?

Time period mate
I'm a GMT+8 nigger

It could work, but some of the class features are too critical to the class to not just have backed in. Spell Combat and Spellstrike, obviously. The armor proficiency, Spell Recall, and Knowledge Pool could be made into arcana, BUT I see two problems.

1) Everybody will probably want to pick them up anyway. If we're trying to encourage STR-based Magi, making armor something you have to get an arcana to use will discourage it. Aside from that, everybody wants Spell Recall.

2) Take those features away, and the Magus has nothing to trade out for archetypes.

It involves both of the warrior nations
Why wouldn't it

Because I still have more spell slots to spend, user.

If I want to use a Prester John kingdom deep in the expanse, does one exist already?

>Same GM insisted everyone had to have a full set of themed magic gear
>Singled out one guy at random and made all his gear covered in sequins and glitter because HA HA YOU A FAG NOW
>Same GM decided that the ranger's animal companion hated her
>Had it transform into a balor late in the campaign
>Except you know how most balors have fire?
>This one had feces
>Because fuck you
Really, half that campaign was "NPC hates you because I think it'll be funny, fuck you."

I'm gonna pass. Smaller scale is fine, but I don't think 15 pb or fucking 10 is good for that at all if you want to do anything other than cast. Level 1 ain't my thing since every class feels a lot more defined by BAB and less on actual features. Core only is actual trash mate.

See, the solution to the archetypes problem is to just... Convert them all to Arcana. The only thing that really needs to stay an archetype is Cha-Magus, because it becomes a spontaneous caster.

You're still taking levels in full casting classes. Keep in mind that the Adept, which has shit casting from a tiny casting list is still Tier 4. So yeah, at least Tier 4. The important thing is to make it one prepared, one spontaneous caster using the same stat. Empyreal Sorcerer/Cleric is one way to do that.

Where do you guys find these awful GMs? I've never had it as bad as the stories I've read.

I should be putting up a modified Kingmaker game today or tomorrow for apps. I spent the last three days reading all the books in the AP and doing all the conversations I need for books 1 and 2. Considering recruitment would be open for a few weeks, it should leave me with enough time to finish modifying the other four books before the game actually begins.

Since people asked last time I mentioned it, the modifications I'm making to Kingmaker are all geared towards completely removing Mass Combat, replacing the campaign's lackluster BBEG/plot, and putting more focus on Brevoy's political turmoil and impending civil war.

Advice: 15-20 point buy and add SoP to nerf casters a little. As it is it's just Caster King the campaign.

Isn't Kingmaker 100% garbage though?

Oh, I know! The character's not going to primary into Strength, so it's mostly there for show.

new game of what

There's WWW recruiting here

I don't know what else

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west

Basically this Stat swaps, and SoP and PoW maybe would be the only things actually needing archetypes, except maybe kensai and eld. archer.

Spellstrike/combat would still be features. Spell Recall is a hard cookie though. It's really good, so leaving it in would make everyone want it, but leaving it out would feel bad. Maybe having the pool strike consume arcane pool would de-incentivize that?

The trick is to do the sorcerer/cleric thing as a half-elf, because they have an ART that lets them increase the effective levels. See:
>Multidisciplined: Born to two races, half-elves have a knack for combining different magical traditions. If a half-elf with this racial trait has spellcasting abilities from at least two different classes, the effects of spells she casts from all her classes are calculated as though her caster level were 1 level higher, to a maximum of her character level. This racial trait replaces multitalented. Source PRG:HA

So if I show up at this Pathfinder Society thing with the 7gb torrent PDFs on my tablet am I going to catch any shit from the ref about it?

I kind of want political intrigue and shit. That or the comfy that has. even if his design is kind of flawed imho. 15 PB isn't enough for anyone who isn't a caster, and core rulebooks won't work well with it.

fair nuff

What caused this massive spree to make games for /pfg/?

Do you have the Player's Guide?

College and high school clubs. In a setting like that, it's usually the control freaks or the assholes who want to GM, everybody else just wants to play.

It's awfully telling that he was mostly a WoD nut.

I know how that feels, user. I had a grandma who whithered away before our eyes as she succumbed to cancer in our home. I will never forget the times it was "special" to just get her out of her chair so she can take a long walk through the house to -

God dammit, I can't type the rest or I'm going to start crying in the office.

>going on Veeky Forums in office
P RO M O T I O N S

HAHA

Who wants to play actual political intrigue? I'm not talking about mustache twirling advisors, an overabundance of assassins, and 'lonely' noble women. I mean actual political maneuvering you need to plan out in advance and think through for more than 30 seconds.

RotJR was the first

But in all probability, it was caused by a lack of things to talk about. Paizo and 1pp is dogshit with the occasional "okay" thing, DSP's PoW errata is like Horizon S3, and every other 3pp dev is 95% shit, or forrest/jolly.

Sounds pretty good.

It's hit or miss like most APs, but only if you cut out the mass combat, the lackluster BBEG/plot, and focus back in on something like Brevoy's own culture.

Which GM seems to be doing.

That's Amanandar or Sargava.

Well not one that does not have my name on it.

So, I want to make a megadungeon campaign with multiple complex floors. Can anyone recommend some good dungeon making software for big projects?

We sacrificed the souls of hundred innocents to the gods, though unfortunately this left us with nothing but shitposters.

Have you settled on 25 or 32 PB? I'm able to wait for the actual listing, but you know how it is when you've got a concept in your head!

Actual political intrigue or playing in a world where everyone is so stupid that we get to feel like Tyrion or Littlefinger?

Why was the Berserking sphere's Furious Charge made specifically incompatible with lances and Spirited Charge? This solves absolutely nothing, because Spheres of Might Spirited Chargers can still use Brutal Strike on a charge, tripling the titanic amount of damage.

Lances and Spirited Charge should be ruled out of compatibility with Spheres of Might talents altogether.

I want to play as someone who tries to work their way into being King/Queen, alongside the normal combat adventures. I'm not interested in GATE style '''politics'''.

I'd be for it. What'd you have in mind.

Pool Strike should have two modes: No cost (as long as you have pool points) and "spend a pool point to power it up".
Also, Kensai should be THE "weapon training, but only with this one kind of weapon" archetype, on top of its "unarmored fighter" schtick, instead of the clusterfuck it is now. Giving it access to unnerfed Arcane Deed would be nice, but that (and a panache pool) might be something for another more general archetype/arcana entirely.

>showing up to PFS with pirated material
I am 90% certain you are going to get your ass kicked out, because PFS's primary purpose besides being a PUG is to require you to buy shit

>Core book only
>10-15 pb
So, cleric/wizard/sorc/druid teamup? Boring.

You should be fine, PFS isn't really that stringent about these things.

What'd be a good progression for pool strike powered and unpowered? level/2 for unpowered and full level for powered?

I want to play in a setting where all PCs are minor nobles or courtiers. Except I know that I should play L5R when I want that.

I've never had these problems with casters that pfg goes on about, and I've GMed a lot. Still, I'll think about how to present a set of rules that are both simple and fair. Maybe just banning ninth level casters and fluffing it as a lower magic world. My goal is mostly just to get it into comfy game mode instead of something huge and sprawling. Simple plot, small rules, but still dangerous.

I'm in central time and it would be either evening or weekend game. Not committing to anything yet though. I'll follow up in a couple days.

Cool. I'll probably apply if it works with my times and isn't too bananas with custom stuff, though my tolerance as a player is much higher than as a GM.

Depends on the society. I've never been, but communities range from groups that don't give a shit to DMs that'll refuse to play with you even after you've gotten proper material.

>central time
AHHHHHHHHHH

Low pb characters don't fight monsters, they fight their own mechanics.

I still don't know shit about PoW or Spheres and I still have 1pp concepts I want to try.

Is the difference between 1pp martials and the average /pfg/ 3pp martial really that bad?

Depends on the 3pp, if PoW yeah it's pretty big, if jolly/sop, nah it's pretty fine. I like the PoW level more though. 1pp feels mechanically samey while being flavored differently.

Yes. It'd be like comparing a Civil War Reenactor to a Spetnaz Commando.

The average? No. If you're styling with maneuvers there's not much difference between a Warlord and a Barbarian in terms of damage, the Warlord just has some defensive stuff as well.

It's the extremes where things break down. Steel Flurry Strike/Reflected Blade Style on a Brutal Slayer/OD-ZS. Zenith Strikes.

Actual political intrigue. Last time I ran it my players got outmaneuvered by a petty baron who publicly embarrassed and discredited them.

Likely would either make the players all part of the same family of nobles. Either a newly established landed family or a noble family in their twilight due to a large number of deaths or simple age.

It would be set in a empire that had exited a roughly 25 year long rebellion 5 years previous, the last battle of which lead to over one hundred thousand men dying on the field. The manpower of a continent died in the war and now only the elderly and young men are around. You'd all be one of the following:
>female
>male and elderly enough to not have participated (likely you would have participated when you were younger)
>a veteran
>a kid who grew up during the long rebellion but wasn't old enough to participate
>someone who weaseled their way into non-participation

A lot of new noble families are popping up as the established government is refilling the lands with people who didn't die in the rebellion and taking away the lands/titles of rebels. As well as a lot of families are in dire straights due to a good portion of their membership having died.

Is PoW + SoP a good mix or nah?

>Yes
>No
>Maybe so

I guess I'll just bring the $50 core rulebook I just bought and act like the rest of the rules I'm asking about came from the SRD

I love it
What timezone my man?

PoW was ruined by these copycats
Instead of trying yourself to find something that fits you, they just ape OD/ZS and other shit
Hell, even Broken Blade is not so game breaking IF PEOPLE DID NOT FUCKING INTENTIONALLY GO FOR THAT SPECIFIC THING THAT RUINS IT

PoW tweaks martials up a bit and SoP tweaks casters down a bit. There's obviously going to be ways to blend them and break shit, but overall it brings people closer to that low T2-high T4 place that most players enjoy.

PST