Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do you feel about Spheres of Might's blacksmith by Ssalarn slowly getting nerfed?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Sphere of Power playtest:
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Life Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1oEH4xOaNLWYf4bW1tprKx-BIJVoiSLW2iWpwc-h7o8w/edit#
ebay.ca/itm/Pathfinder-Pawns-Bestiary-Box-by-Paizo-Publishing-English-/222453367007?hash=item33cb4100df:g:1ccAAOSwSlBY2OXL
youtube.com/watch?v=V2XGp5ix8HE
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/68864/tournament
youtube.com/watch?v=d2xkpz-26jM
sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/magic-items/magic-weapons/specific-magic-weapons/effortless-lace
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm not gonna pass judgement on Spheres of Might until it's fully playtested- but... from what I can see, it isn't looking that great.

2nd for KSnH and Politics game W H E N

politics game?

Just like S3

Never.

What the hell is the point of giving spell storing as a sacred weapon buff to neutral warpriests?

The spell falls off when the buff goes away, right? So I have spell storing for just a few rounds? The hell am I going to do with that?

Why not?

Idunno, it's just that the classes don't seem that great and the stuff they're wanting to publish just doesn't mesh well with me.

Anyone have any idea where to get Bestiary Box 1? Paizo isn't printing it, nobody seems to have it, I'm willing to pay good money for a copy - even second hand from one of you nice fellows.

If you want to play a martial, take a look at the Warder class, and especially the Zweihander Sentinel archetype for it. It gives you some of the few reliable ways to non-magically control a broad area of terrain as a martial.

Se , .

Drifters is fucking garbage

docs.google.com/document/d/1oEH4xOaNLWYf4bW1tprKx-BIJVoiSLW2iWpwc-h7o8w/edit#

Spheres of Might now has martial traditions too.

It's on backorder in the store though?

There's also this? ebay.ca/itm/Pathfinder-Pawns-Bestiary-Box-by-Paizo-Publishing-English-/222453367007?hash=item33cb4100df:g:1ccAAOSwSlBY2OXL

Hey guys, I'm currently working on a Soulsborne type game and setting, and have hit a stumbling block.

I need some form of visual, and later mechanical, design change to indicate the enemies that are this setting's version of the Hollow/Humanity-Wild/Blood-Drunk. Something to indicate the increasing corruption and inhumaness of the fodder enemies they'll be facing.

Anyone have any cool design ideas?

If its important, the corruption is coming from The corrupted divine essence of the land's God King, who is being influenced and corrupted by a powerful Primordial God of Immaterial and Non-Causal Existence who was sealed away by the Old Gods long ago using a mighty tower (think Zues and the Olympians banishing Chronus and the Titans to Tarterus), who is being championed by a ghostly wizard who tricked the God-King into accepting the Primordial One's power in an effort to make an eternal and infinitely prosperous kingdom

My first idea was to give them wierd mutations of gaining, twisting, and mutating limbs and things, but that seemed a tad too Kingdom Death, and would like to ask what you guys think would be cool as the enemy gimmick.

Really like the idea of the martial traditions. Works well for the SoM classes and many Paizo classes.

But like...what the fuck do you do with casting classes like a Sorcerer or Hedgewitch? And what about classes like the Bard or Rogue who get specialized weapon proficiencies?

Maybe cracks in their skin spewing light or gas from their body?

When you kill them, the flesh splits and the REAL fight begins.

>non-causal existence
What exactly does this entail? You could have some of the enemies be permanently affected by Blink, for example.

Did we ever get this months books from Leak user?

>another soulsborne game with corruption mechanics

Does this one involve rape

>Drifters is fucking garbage
How dare you speak to me like that, she's clearly a visual model for a warpriest of fire.

Anyone got an answer for me or not?

Nope, book doesn't release for two days. I'll be trying to do the PDFs for the Ironfang Invasion books though.

t. Jeanne d'Arc Alter Pro

I think they drop tomorrow. Last month took a week or so to come back from the cleaner.

You know it, user. I hope you've been practicing writing up cute girls with hearts of gold and pure souls that get bred by vicious monsters with thick cocks, because you still won't get in

It means the Primordial God despises the concept of a rational and sensible flow of time and cause/effect. When the Old Gods came together into being, and their leader some how created an action with consequence, thus becoming the Unmoved Mover, the Primordial God coalesced into being as a counter force, the "opposite reaction" to the Old God's action.

The Primordial god feels suffering in its own existance, and in the existance of causality in general, and seeks to return everything back to the original null state, where time, action, and matter have no meaning.

Since he wished to destroy and negate the freedom of choice and action that the Old Gods had just discovered, they conspired against him and sealed him away within a cage of paradoxes, using a great tower they constructed out of the concept of certainty.

Because his seals are now weakening, reality and certainty is becomming a slippery thing, and those with enough sanity to maintain rational agency, as well as having possessed enough "divine" power, can twist and alter reality in subtle ways yadda yadda inster "time and space in convoluted in Lordran" boggle here.

I can work that in when they start to kill off the remaining and corrupted remains of the last batch of Gods.

No corruption mechanic, and no rape. The PCs will be by their nature uncorruptable save for the influence of entities beyond their grasp.
You are not some schmuck Hollow or Hunter like in normal Souls games. You are a potential New God. What being a God means to you will depend on what choices you make on your journey

And yes, there will be a Maiden in Black/Fire Keeper/Doll expy.

>Doll expy

she better be waifu-tier or we riot

Since when did Sigmund get into PLD?

Was there a post? How come there's no one else?

>Because his seals are now weakening, reality and certainty is becomming a slippery thing, and those with enough sanity to maintain rational agency, as well as having possessed enough "divine" power, can twist and alter reality in subtle ways yadda yadda inster "time and space in convoluted in Lordran" boggle here.
Mate I hope you realize that this is far more broken than you're giving it credit for. In fact at this point if the Primordial God awakens, it's flat out invincible. Players would have to declare their moves sequentially ahead of time, because you've made this guy exist above time.

Vult revealed his master plan this morning:

He's revealing one applicant who gets in per day to maximize salt.

I don't even.

What are some feasible adventurers someone who's around level 2-3ish could have done around Varisia/ongoing conflicts they could have participated in.

Being the squire to a more experienced adventurer, helping set up traps for monsters, hunting large game, meeting and negotiating with Shoanti tribes or Varisian caravans, helping track down street-level criminals in Korvosa or Magnimar or Kaer Maga, exploring ancient ruins.

That's the kind of stuff I imagine my character would have done, anyhow.

She is going to be the new High Priestess of the PCs. I plan on her personality to be something akin to Marona from Phantom Brave, except more grown-up and mature
She also has a very protective brother, who wishes she wouldn't endanger herself like this, but will do anything to see her safe and smiling. He will also by your Andre, and aftera while he may warm up to you and become your bro or husbando

Then the PCs had better make sure he doesn't awake then, or at the very least Get max divinity, and find all the special secrets and things to get the True Ending
But yes, failure may elude them in certain instances, but it is completely possible to fail the overarching quest.
Welcome to Dark Souls.

The reveals keep getting better.

GLORIANAxSIGMUND OR WE RIOT

Is there a weapon enchantment to increase range for melee weapons? I know you have Distance for ranged weapons.

HOLY SHIT CONFIRMED

>Sigmund relaxed, leaning against the tree stump as Lysander's soft lips slid up and down his barrel, the lad's tongue periodically swirling around the muzzle of Sigmund's powerful rifle. The boy was good for something after all, Sigmund pondered, as he closed his eyes and thought of Liliana.

Alright, last slot, is it gonna be Cashmere or Sage? Place your bets now.

>welcome to Dark Souls
No no no, you don't understand. In Dark Souls, it's the system that's fucked. There is literally no answer to the equation. It's like trying to prevent heat death.
In this setting, your primordial god is 100% batshit insane. He should by definition be omniscient and therefore omnipotent as he exists outside of time and casuality. He can insert himself into times where he isn't fully awakened, from a different "time" and state where he is fully awakened. If it is possible for him to awaken then he's already awake.

CONFIRMED

No, I think he opened up EXTRA SLOTS.

Look at the listing now. He's taking 2 more.

sauce

Sharding.

Cashmere is best for defilement!

Cashmere AND Sage!

>suddenly half of pfg is hammering f5 on roll20 to see who gets into PLD

I'm the guy who threatened to dox everyone, but I don't even care anymore, I'm kind of hype now that Gloriana and Sigmund are confirmed.

I, uh. Might have started rooting for some of these characters during the hours I spent shitposting, even if Vult is a shitter.

I like Bon-Bon...

>Like the premise and the characters so far but worried the DM will burn down his campaign a few sessions in and drop them
aaa

Cashmere in boy. 4/4 on initial predictions, now let's see if Sage bumps it up to 5/5 for the extra slot.

What's worse, a GM that drops dead before the game starts or a GM that drops dead one or two sessions in?

This is exactly what it's become.

I kind of fell in love with some of the better applicants.

One of them had him as a DM before and signed up for another go.

They wouldn't sign up if Vult was going to do that.

I meant a weapon having 15ft reach instead of 10 or 5->10.

Sharding is cool, but requires a ranged attack, meaning dex instead of str.

Okay, /pfg/
I just joined a tourney game against 30 other players on roll20.

I need some good PvP builds

Take note I also need some good defense against magic, and if possible a good method to reliably win initiative.

BE

AGRESSIVE

B.E. AGRESSIVE

Arcanist. Pump everything into initiative and then drop as much CC on the fucker.

PF is still caster edition, regardless of PoW, SoP, and whatever bullshit there is.

Go Swashbuckler, build into Smash from the Air. You probably won't win but it'll be funny and stylish.

It depends on how good the game was.

Drops dead after a few good sessions > Drops dead before the game starts > Drops dead after a few bad sessions

That's why the PCs need to gain enough Divine Power, equal to or greater than the Old Gods, in order to counter his ability to do so by existing (a safety measurement placed in the Cage of Paradoxes), and figure out a way to either strengthen the Cage of Paradoxes, or create a greater paradoxical force to possible impose Causality on him permanantly and destroy him for good.

Basically, you have to get powerful enough to the point that your own Existential bullshit counters the Primordial's Ontological bullshit, and then basically be the GER to his King Crimson.

Don't think too hard about it. I'm operating completely on paradoxes and bullshit divine cascade principles, that probably will give me an aneurysm. I figured if I wanted to emulate that Soulsborne feel, I would also need to emulate a bit of that "slightly more symbolism than substance" feel of Eastern writing that the franchise runs on.

And I swear I will successfully Miyazaki/Kirkbride all over this thing, or die trying.

What's allowed? Is it going to be only 1 on 1s? For more than that, something like Knight-Chandler might be helpful, given that it buffs allies and at level 5 gets Evasion and Stalwart.
If you want to go full cancer, OD/ZS Warder with 1 or 2 levels in Brutal Slayer.

>B.E. Agressive
Agressive B.E.?

>he doesn't know about the pre-game audition sessions

Read the logs, dummy.

Autism Fighter

youtube.com/watch?v=V2XGp5ix8HE

From what I understand, the groups will be randomly grouped into groups of 5. So I need to win against 5 other groups.

Eldritch Archer Magus

Disintegrate + Named Bullet combo

Go full HIGH NOON

Still haven't said what's allowed, what point buy, what starting level, which all makes a difference. Becoming a force multiplier for your team, like a bard or skald, is very potent assuming they don't have something similar.

What logs

Level 10
Standard Gold for someone of that level (Though saving some money may not be a terrible idea)
28 Point Buy
All non-monstrous races allowed, if you wish to play one special consideration may be made at the cost of level(s)
All Classes/PrCs allowed. ALL of them.
Psionics/Path of War/Spheres of Power Allowed though will be carefully looked over as (In the case of PoW and SoP at least) can be easily devastating. However no Spheres of Might as of yet as none of us have had a chance to observe its interactions
Third Party materials may be allowed if the GM is consulted first

I get this distinct feeling the DM lurks /pfg/

Dropping dead in that case is more "lel the campaign fell apart".

Ontological is higher than existentialism, I hope you know that. Ontological existences are literally 'fuck the rules, I am the rules'. A physical god-like being can warp reality to the limits of the rules. A metaphysical god-like being is basically the DM and can change the rules. An ontological god-like being can pull shit like casting Greater Turn Undead on itself to make itself a supermass lich, create a rock too heavy for it to lift then lift it anyway, and turn itself into a powerless ffellf (that word doesn't exist but it turns into one anyway) and immediately blow up the world while being completely powerless.
Plus, since he exists outside of time and casuality, he can literally just take the route where the players didn't make it in the end, designate that as the Cause, and have the entire (failed) adventure be the Effect.

>However no Spheres of Might as of yet as none of us have had a chance to observe its interactions
inb4 2hu pro

Here's the link to the game.
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/68864/tournament

Currently at 17/30 slots. anyone can join.

Watch 2hu and his autism somehow munchkin his way through the entire tournament using 1pp only

At level 10 you're starting to verge into the territory of "Wizards run shit." If you want to win play a Wizard with the Divination school for +5 to initiative, then cast your suck-or-dies. Take stock of their team against yours, and try to create a gap. They've got someone who does more damage than your guy, blind him, now he does half as much.

BON-BON IS IN

>Priceless.

>4/5
Fuck!

But I mean I guess that's a pretty cool group.

WE HONKERS NOW

*HONK*

Alright, which one of you was this?

>Plus, since he exists outside of time and casuality,
Its something he "can" do only IF he escapes from the Cage of Paradoxes. As long as said Cage of Paradoxes exists, he an't utalize the fullness of his being, only leak out whispers while its weakening.

If the cage breaks, then yeah he's going to do everyhting you just said.
Further, as long as an Equal or Greater force of Causality exists, and can confront him, which ideally is what the PCs will be at the end, then he can't do anything that directly affect it, as he is unable to interact directly with Causality due to being seperate from it.

Basically, as long as the Pardox of his cage exists, he can't use his bullshit since its using the concept of Paradox to NOPE his capabilities away and contain it.

Its only once Paradox stops existing to fuck his mind that he can go full HAXOR on reality and rewrite everything

What the fuck kind of name is Bon Bon?

youtube.com/watch?v=d2xkpz-26jM

BON-BON THEME

A stage name.

>KEEP ON WITH THE FARCE DON'T HONK
>DON'T HONK 'TIL YOU GET ENOUGH

Here's a slick question tho
how the literal fuck did anybody contain this guy? The big man G upstairs arguably is lower powerlevel than this guy depending on interpretation. Featherine and Elder God Demonbane are unironically below him.

What would be some ways to get an off hand that is not normally light to count as light for the purposes of TWF?

I want my 1:47 back, asshole.

Her real name is Airyna and she's CUTE!

Effortless Lace

Final composition of PLD

>Lysander (male) Fey Pact Aspirant
>Sigmund (male) Slayer
>Gloriana (female) Paladin
>Cashmere (female) Silksworn
>Airyna (female) Bard

What do you think?

sites.google.com/site/pathfinderogc/magic-items/magic-weapons/specific-magic-weapons/effortless-lace

One of them is going to have a flower on each arm, or there's going to be a leftover.

you don't want to pair off the team in a smut game though

Also lysander is for genderbending

PLD's got a damn good group. Best of luck to them!

Or all three of the girls get plowed by monsters while the men watch.

Cashmere and Lysander both feel like much lower quality characters than the other two.

Or all the men get plowed by the girls after the girls get corrupted into monstergirls