Does anyone happen to know the name of hte creature that resembles humans, but with bird wings and feet...

Does anyone happen to know the name of hte creature that resembles humans, but with bird wings and feet? Sometimes claws on their fingers and sometimes feathers for hair? Something like pic related?

For some discussion: What's your favourite avian-humanoid you've seen in fiction?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harpy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the way that's drawn reminds me of mothman more than anything, sorry.

Harpies?

Aarakocra?

I second user.

You could also be looking at on of the other creatures that get lumped into Harpies.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harpy

Tengu.
Is the word you're looking for.

Unless it's a really fucked up angel.

Nah, not harpies. I checked the things lumped in with harpies the second user suggested and nothing fit.

Not Tengu. I've always seen them depicted as pic related, red-skinned humans with absurdly long noses, or bird-headed humans

After a quick Google search, it's not these. They're too avian to be it.

It's so weird, I swear I've seen depictions like the OP picture, but I can't place a name or setting.

All right, back to it being a fucked up angel.

At that point, you wanna look at stuff like the Book of Ezekiel.

Keyword is like though, don't think that book contains it.

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Ishtar.

Why was Gilgamesh such a fag?

Hm. Maybe, I'll look into that. Thanks!

Probably not Ishtar herself, since what I'm remembering is male. It could be inspired by Ishtar? Do you know if there's anything about that? My Google-fu is weak and gets me something called a Mushussu and that's nowhere near what I'm looking for

The Mothman?

It's the OG bromance.

There's always Pazuzu, from the same part of the world, who is a demonic man with wings and bird claws.

It's possible I saw someone's interpretation that ignored the demonic bit. Google Image searching doesn't get anything like it, though.

Do you think it's possible I just made this shit up? 'Cause right now the image I'm getting in my head is really vague without many details besides what I said in the OP

>red-skinned humans with absurdly long noses
sooooo a tengu?

I was saying that's not what I'm looking for

Can you at least specify what mythos it was from? or from what fiction?

Unfortunately, no. I get the sense that it was from maybe some medieval swords and sorcery setting, but that's it.

I have no real idea where what I'm thinking of comes from and that's the problem

Erinyes?

Garuda?

Sirens are occasionally depicted with wings and claw feet, like a sort of sea-harpy.

An Avoral?

Because she fucking killed all the men she banged. Gilgamesh realized she was a pretty ass basic bitch.

These are both really close

It's not this unless someone took some serious artistic liberties

Nice dubs. And I looked up sea-harpy and it got me pic related. So maybe what I saw was just an interpretation of harpy where "female" was a sarcastic suggestion?

Garuda is a good guess too IMO

>pic related.
Uh, yeah. This picture.

I'm retarded

furies

Anzu?

Nah, Anzu is too avian